HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Kwayry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I still see Stoll being a target at 3c.

I wouldn't be surprised if Clowe was a target as well.
Stoll would be an even cheaper option because he comes with terms. I don't see how you can fit both Glencross and Stoll, one or the other makes sense.
Stoll can help with the PP too, so maybe he is the favorite.
As to Clowe, he will command a hefty price 1st and prospect, or a second a good prospect. Not too sure we can afford that.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:15 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Stoll would be an even cheaper option because he comes with terms. I don't see how you can fit both Glencross and Stoll, one or the other makes sense.
Stoll can help with the PP too, so maybe he is the favorite.
As to Clowe, he will command a hefty price 1st and prospect, or a second a good prospect. Not too sure we can afford that.
I just get the feeling Stoll will be the target due to his experience and qualities he brings.

I know that was written but I don't see Clowe returning that.

Letestu is another player who would interest me.

Boyle needs to to.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:21 PM
dethomas07

what about jaybo? gaborik+ for Jaybo+

Old
03-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
I just get the feeling Stoll will be the target due to his experience and qualities he brings.

I know that was written but I don't see Clowe returning that.

Letestu is another player who would interest me.

Boyle needs to to.
I can't see anybody else on the Kings they would be scouting and is available.
Clowe's speed concerns me, he is slower than Boyle. Yes he can fight and pot a few, but on the 3rd line he needs to keep up.
And few teams are after him, Montreal, Boston, Pitt ... They all have prospects to burn and first rounders, we don't.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:46 PM
Cmox

McKenzie says Whitney and Smid are available and if they are traded it'll be east.

Also if the Ducks play well without Perry these fours games then they may look to move him at the deadline.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Cheapest options:
LW: Glencross from the Flames
3C: Marcel Goc from the Panthers

Incidentally, the Rangers reportedly had interest in Weiss before he got injured.
I really don't see Glencross being cheap.. I'd love to have him

Old
03-13-2013, 10:52 PM
GarretJoseph*

Would the Bruins ever move that beast Milan Lucic? I was 4 rows away during a Bruins game this season and the guy along with Chara stood out on every single shift. Lucic really surprised me. You see quite a lot more 4 rows away from the ice than my usual seats way up or even on the TV.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:01 PM
LeetchisGod
This core is rotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Would the Bruins ever move that beast Milan Lucic? I was 4 rows away during a Bruins game this season and the guy along with Chara stood out on every single shift. Lucic really surprised me. You see quite a lot more 4 rows away from the ice than my usual seats way up or even on the TV.
Would you if you were them? I didn't think so. Guys like Lucic are impossible to find.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:43 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Not in a million years..

Guy is like 6'4, 230 pounds that can fight and is a 30-30 guy at the least.

VERY, VERY hard to find players like this. Bruins will never move him (exception could be if someone like Crosby was coming back for them).

Old
03-14-2013, 12:14 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
McKenzie says Whitney and Smid are available and if they are traded it'll be east.

Also if the Ducks play well without Perry these fours games then they may look to move him at the deadline.
I'd like Smid on this Rangers blueline...

Ryan Whitney would be booed out of the garden within the first week.. now Ray Whitney I wouldn't mind. ...

Old
03-14-2013, 12:21 AM
Kershaw

Smid for Thomas and a 2nd.

McDonagh-Girardi
MDZ-Smid
Staal-Stralman

He would fit right in. Top 5 in blocked shots last year.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post

McDonagh-Girardi
MDZ-Smid
Staal-Stralman

I like Petry better because he is a RD.
Actually, I consider that deal for either Petry or Braun from the sharks.
Problem is second is our first pick in this deep draft. Maybe it's a draft day deal. If you don't like who is available, you swing the deal.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:24 AM
Kokoschka

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
what about jaybo? gaborik+ for Jaybo+
Please, no. Jaybo disappears when it matters. Completely. He's probably one of the most athletic guys in the league but has no idea how to use it.

Old
03-14-2013, 04:02 AM
Ola

There has been alot of talk about Gabby only having one more year left on his contarct -- and how he doesn't have much value due to that.

I do not think that has to be the case at all really. I mean, of course you get more if he is signed to 5 years for 4m per. But I think teams like Ottawa, Florida, Anaheim, PHX, Nashville, Dallas, CBJ, Col and Calgary potentially could have interest in him because they know if they get him in a trade and have him live in their city for a year, odds are pretty good that Gabby will ask them for a specific sum prior to July 1 and sign with them if the team is willing to give him what he wants. Its the same to even a bigger extent for the teams that might bring him in for secondary scoring (like a Hossa in Chi).

I think its kind of the same with Brad Richards. What do I know, maybe its unthinkable to get him to waive his NTC -- but teams could be prepared to take on his contract. There are 10 teams in this league who basically don't even get to submit offers to UFA's. Smyth and Horcoff is on their way out in EDM. Sure, they can get like a "Knuble" to give a veteran prescense -- but a team like that needs more than that. I am 100% sure that BR would score a ton of pts if he played in EDM. He would definitely help their young kids and what not. I don't know if I would give up one fo the big 4 to get BR if I were EDM, but I would most certainly take him on.

Old
03-14-2013, 04:22 AM
RangerBoy
HOPE & CHANGE

Adam Graves is very close with Stepen Weiss and his family. Having interest and making a trade is another issue.

Quote:
This marriage is surely leading to divorce.

Maybe not by the April 3 trade deadline, though there are plenty of whispers the Rangers are gauging the marketís interest in Marian Gaborik. Maybe not until this off-season. Or maybe not until the inconsistent scorerís five-year, $37.5 million contract expires following the 2013-14 season, since a new deal seems implausible.

Regardless of the eventual departure date, there certainly seems to be a growing disconnect between Gaborik and coach John Tortorella.
Quote:
But as Gaborikís goal production decreases, the likelihood increases that this marriage canít last much longer.
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/19...tml?c=y&page=1

Gross makes no sense. If there is a disconnect between Gaborik and Torts,management is going to allow that to continue until next season with Gaborik playing out of position?

Brad Richards can't be traded. Cap recapture.

Old
03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
I really don't see Glencross being cheap.. I'd love to have him
I mentioned Tanguay, Glencross, Babchuk, pick for Gaborik, Bickel, Gilroy

I don't think that's a crazy proposal for a Flames team looking to shake things up. Rangers are taking on more term but less per yr.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:02 AM
dethomas07

^rather not... both have 3yr+ contracts.. not worth it and if we trade gab its not for getting older/aging players... young roster player, pick/top prospect..

what

Last edited by dethomas07: 03-14-2013 at 08:09 AM.
Old
03-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

I don't think that's a crazy proposal for a Flames team looking to shake things up. Rangers are taking on more term but less per yr.
Glencross is a good fit but the others maybe we can call the Team the Ny Dinosaurs .

Old
03-14-2013, 08:09 AM
dethomas07

[QUOTE=dethomas07;61625663]^rather not... both have 3yr+ contracts.. not worth it and if we trade gab its not for getting older/aging players... young roster player, pick/top prospect..

Old
03-14-2013, 08:13 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I can't see anybody else on the Kings they would be scouting and is available.
Clowe's speed concerns me, he is slower than Boyle. Yes he can fight and pot a few, but on the 3rd line he needs to keep up.
And few teams are after him, Montreal, Boston, Pitt ... They all have prospects to burn and first rounders, we don't.
I have the same concerns with Clowe, however when it comes playoff time and every inch of space has to be fought for, his size and strength will help. I didn't say I wanted him, just the feeling I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post

Smid + Jones from Edmonton would look goo on the Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
I'd like Smid on this Rangers blueline...

Ryan Whitney would be booed out of the garden within the first week.. now Ray Whitney I wouldn't mind. ...
Whitney is terrible. Slower than slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post

McDonagh-Girardi
MDZ-Smid
Staal-Stralman

Don't move Thomas. Bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftEuro4thLiner View Post
Please, no. Jaybo disappears when it matters. Completely. He's probably one of the most athletic guys in the league but has no idea how to use it.
JBo at ~4.5 million would be a great addition to this team. He consistently gets **** on because he isn't flashy but he also consistently plays the toughest and most minutes in the NHL. Guy is just a horse on the back-end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Adam Graves is very close with Stepen Weiss and his family. Having interest and making a trade is another issue.

Gross makes no sense. If there is a disconnect between Gaborik and Torts,management is going to allow that to continue until next season with Gaborik playing out of position?

This "marriage" between Torts and Gaborik is just not working anymore. The Rangers should be seriously contemplating moving him now.

Weiss would be a good addition in the off-season. Hopefully won't cost too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

That's VERY disgusting. What do the Rangers get back that will help them long-term? Glencross maybe? The Rangers should use Gaborik to get a good young player, ala Perron or Hornqvist and then add a high-end prospect and a 1st. They need to use these assets they have acquired via UFA to keep that value in their organization and re-stock the system.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:45 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

I really hope they don't wait until the TDL to move Gaborik. Either do it now, or wait until the off-season. Starting to get a bit concerned that the market out there is worse than expected.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:56 AM
NikC

Quote:

JBo at ~4.5 million would be a great addition to this team. He consistently gets **** on because he isn't flashy but he also consistently plays the toughest and most minutes in the NHL. Guy is just a horse on the back-end.

Weiss would be a good addition in the off-season. Hopefully won't cost too much.

That's VERY disgusting. What do the Rangers get back that will help them long-term? Glencross maybe? The Rangers should use Gaborik to get a good young player, ala Perron or Hornqvist and then add a high-end prospect and a 1st. They need to use these assets they have acquired via UFA to keep that value in their organization and re-stock the system.

agree on JBo, and on Weiss

Perron is a great young player, but aren't you concerned that he missed well over a season with a concussion? Why do you want those headaches? (no pun intended) knowing full well that Perron could be prone to rein-jury, and we'd be worse off that if we'd still had Gaborik.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:59 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
agree on JBo, and on Weiss

Perron is a great young player, but aren't you concerned that he missed well over a season with a concussion? Why do you want those headaches? (no pun intended) knowing full well that Perron could be prone to rein-jury, and we'd be worse off that if we'd still had Gaborik.
I didn't mean specifically Perron, more a player like Perron. He was just the first player of that type that popped in my head.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Someone will overpay for Weiss as a FA. With Getzlaf gone, he's the best center available. I don't want to revisit those days of paying #2 centers like #1 centers.

There really needs to come a point where we have to stop turning the roster over every summer. It's impossible to build a team that can compete each season when 30% of the roster is different before training camp even starts.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:06 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Someone will overpay for Weiss as a FA. With Getzlaf gone, he's the best center available. I don't want to revisit those days of paying #2 centers like #1 centers.

There really needs to come a point where we have to stop turning the roster over every summer. It's impossible to build a team that can compete each season when 30% of the roster is different before training camp even starts.
IMO if the Rangers can trade Gaborik for good young pieces, it can end this summer. Although I guess if they HAVE to buy out Richards that's another story.

Closed Thread