HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lars Eller is ridiculous WTF -Habs beat Sens 4-3 in SO

Old
03-14-2013, 06:50 AM
1986Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Anybody know where I can find season stats on line-mate combination TOI stats?

I just recently started updating this site again...

http://www.cs.unb.ca/~mwf/habs

1986Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:57 AM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
We would have won if Prust was in the lineup...
Montreal lost?

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

vCash: 50
Quote:

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Montreal lost?
He's obviously being sarcastic as Prust has been made out to be our MVP by a lot of people this year.

What was funny was hearing Bergeron on AC say how he applauds Bouillon because he's the only one that stuck up to Neil. I swear sometimes I wonder if those "analysts" even watch the games.
Neil tried to act tough, and it's true that Bouillon held his ground an shoved Neal back, but so did Armstrong, so did Moen, heck even Dumont shoved Neil.
Bergeron's point: the loss of Prust will be damaging to us.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:14 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Can anyone YT Eller's OT shift. Absolutely epic!
So wtf does he have to do to get more playing

this is getting silly

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 50
Lars Eller is good at hockey.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:17 AM
onemorecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller?

Don't look now, but Stanley Cup core developing, and ahead of schedule.
agreed , so now lets dump DD and pave the way for Galchy and Eller to play a bigger role , its time

its a joke watching him on the top line every night

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
agreed , so now lets dump DD and pave the way for Galchy and Eller to play a bigger role , its time

It's not because you prefer other players that you have to blast another.
DD has been playing well, he's a good player. I agree though, we should focus more on Eller and Gally. However, I think keeping Gally as a winger this year is the right move.
DD should be used on the wings next year.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:32 AM
Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:

Yeah, we're in 1st place so let's kill our depth.

All three guys (DD, Plek, Eller) had over 17-minutes of ice-time last night. That's perfect.

Seriously, do you not enjoy being in 1st place? It's like people around here WANT to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
White Bolieu Tinordi Colberg Leblanc

C line:
Galchenyuk
Eller
LeBlanc
White
Leblanc doesn't even play center anymore.

Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:40 AM
Craig71

It is nice to see the team always finding a way to win instead of choking every time there is adversity. That 3rd goal on Price would of killed us last year but our guys played through it.

ELLER.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:43 AM
MarkersMark*

Quote:
It would have been 11-0 with Andrei Kostitsyn in the lineup...

MarkersMark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:15 AM
zzoo

PK is getting better and better, but our PK is getting worse.

In the last few years, I've kept saying that the team goes as far as Price brings us. But it's changed now; it's no longer the case. This is not to blame Price, but it's a praise to the whole team.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
PK is getting better and better, but our PK is getting worse.

In the last few years, I've kept saying that the team goes as far as Price brings us. But it's changed now; it's no longer the case. This is not to blame Price, but it's a praise to the whole team.
Is it just me or every time we have given up a pp goal lately it seems there is always like 15 seconds left to kill. So frustrating

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Darth Karpan
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Letting a depleted team coming back 2 goals from behind and getting severely outmuscled all game long? Yeah. Definitely shows we don't need Prust. Keep trolling though.

Darth Karpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Jost @ 9 plz

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He's obviously being sarcastic as Prust has been made out to be our MVP by a lot of people this year.

What was funny was hearing Bergeron on AC say how he applauds Bouillon because he's the only one that stuck up to Neil. I swear sometimes I wonder if those "analysts" even watch the games.
Neil tried to act tough, and it's true that Bouillon held his ground an shoved Neal back, but so did Armstrong, so did Moen, heck even Dumont shoved Neil.
I think you can sum it up as if Bouillon was called Frank Boller, l'AC wouldn't have given a crap about that sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
C line:
Galchenyuk
Eller
LeBlanc
White
Leblanc is no longer a center.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:

No... DD has been an absolute threat in the O zone lately, and has started to look better defensively.

What we should do is let him finish the year there and switch him to the wings, next year. IF he wants to he can resign if he has a problem with that...Well Bye.

We have a San Jose like scenario here.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
Darth Karpan
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

Do you actually think yesterday night was a proof that we could stand up for each other? Neil was running everyone after the whistles. Nobody stopped him from doing that. Gryba was hitting everyone in sight, Ryder almost got injured as a result. Nobody "held his ground" against Neil. They were all backing down and were incredibly intimidated by him. He took liberties on everyone after the whistles. We were leading 3-1 at some point, and they almost got to win the game even then.

Long term, do you actually think this team could handle games like this on a regular basis? I'm going to tell you something; today, most of our players have sore muscles, and most of them have to be exhausted. That's how bady we were outmuscled. And quite frankly, if it wasn't all about us winning a skills competition to end the game, the posts would be much more negative here today.

The guy who posted the original post (I looked at his posting history) has a knack against Prust and even suggested he would be a candidate for a buyout before the season even started. Damn, he even was pretty damn vocal against Therrien's hiring.

So yeah. I'll take his "sarcasm" with a grain of salt.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:48 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Do you actually think yesterday night was a proof that we could stand up for each other? Neil was running everyone after the whistles. Nobody stopped him from doing that. Gryba was hitting everyone in sight, Ryder almost got injured as a result. Nobody "held his ground" against Neil. They were all backing down and were incredibly intimidated by him. He took liberties on everyone after the whistles. We were leading 3-1 at some point, and they almost got to win the game even then.

Long term, do you actually think this team could handle games like this on a regular basis? I'm going to tell you something; today, most of our players have sore muscles, and most of them have to be exhausted. That's how bady we were outmuscled. And quite frankly, if it wasn't all about us winning a skills competition to end the game, the posts would be much more negative here today.

The guy who posted the original post (I looked at his posting history) has a knack against Prust and even suggested he would be a candidate for a buyout before the season even started. Damn, he even was pretty damn vocal against Therrien's hiring.

So yeah. I'll take his "sarcasm" with a grain of salt.
I would love to add another gritty, tough player capable of playing 10 mins a game without hurting us. Problem is they are tough to find. But if we could, that would lessen (not eliminate) the after the whisle crap. Prust would DEFINATELY have helped there. But so would Moen if he would just start playing like last year.

But let's look at the "outmuscled" thing a little. Yes, we were out hit, but it's tough to hit the other guy when YOU HAVE THE PUCK. So, last night we had puck posession twice as long, so by definition we should half about half as many hits. So that lines up. Dude's argument is moot.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:50 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Subban made some fantastic/breathtaking plays, but he also turned it over way too much at times. Which is why we're seeing completely different opinions on his game in this PGT.

There was a shift in the 2nd where he made like 3 key blunders.
Maybe you're young. Robinson would make 10 great plays, and then **** up in our end, usually once or twice a game. PK is that type of D. He'll come out plus, don't worry.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:52 AM
ryanwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyboy67 View Post
Brendan Gallagher. Really, who thought he would be this good and this tough? The Calder Cup is his for the taking.
I don't want Gallagher anywhere near the AHL ever again.

The Calder Trophy, on the other hand...

ryanwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Darth Karpan
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I would love to add another gritty, tough player capable of playing 10 mins a game without hurting us. Problem is they are tough to find. But if we could, that would lessen (not eliminate) the after the whisle crap. Prust would DEFINATELY have helped there. But so would Moen if he would just start playing like last year.

But let's look at the "outmuscled" thing a little. Yes, we were out hit, but it's tough to hit the other guy when YOU HAVE THE PUCK. So, last night we had puck posession twice as long, so by definition we should half about half as many hits. So that lines up. Dude's argument is moot.
That's not a linear equation (hits). We definitely didn't have TWICE the puck possession time the Senators had. And even if we did, do you think we could survive on the long-term getting rag-dolled all over the place like we were yesterday. We almost lost a player out of it. And quite frankly, those hits end up adding up. A guy like Prust would've gone to Gryba and would've told him to stop that crap. It took Emelin trying to kill him for him to finally understand and settle down, and we got a PK out of it, on which we got scored on.

To say we held our ground physically yesterday is not true. Can we win games that way? Sure. Can we hope to go anywhere in the playoffs by getting it that much? No way. And even if we end up winning a playoffs series that way, we'll be so banged up that we will lose in the subsequent round.

Prust helps on that department. He sure could use some help on that aspect of the game. And I'm not expecting it to come from White or Moen anymore.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:59 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Letting a depleted team coming back 2 goals from behind and getting severely outmuscled all game long? Yeah. Definitely shows we don't need Prust. Keep trolling though.
Good post.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
May explain why Tinordi was recalled. MB wants to lose a few more games.

If Prust was in the lineup Neil & Gryba wouldn't have taken as many liberties.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Good post.
We're depleted too.

We lost one of our best winger ,our second best defensemen and one of our primary two-way wingers in Prust, and one of our only tough guy. If that is not depleted I don't know what it is.

I don't think this argument is really worth it.

They lost the superior players but we we're also the better team.
Karlsson, Spezza, Michalek and Cowen for them and Prust, Bourque and Diaz for us.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote