HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lars Eller is ridiculous WTF -Habs beat Sens 4-3 in SO

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-14-2013, 06:50 AM
  #376
1986Habs
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Fredericton, NB
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Anybody know where I can find season stats on line-mate combination TOI stats?

I just recently started updating this site again...

http://www.cs.unb.ca/~mwf/habs

1986Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:57 AM
  #377
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 4,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
We would have won if Prust was in the lineup...
Montreal lost?

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:10 AM
  #378
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,834
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
We would have won if Prust was in the lineup...

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:11 AM
  #379
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: hong kong
Posts: 30,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Montreal lost?
He's obviously being sarcastic as Prust has been made out to be our MVP by a lot of people this year.

What was funny was hearing Bergeron on AC say how he applauds Bouillon because he's the only one that stuck up to Neil. I swear sometimes I wonder if those "analysts" even watch the games.
Neil tried to act tough, and it's true that Bouillon held his ground an shoved Neal back, but so did Armstrong, so did Moen, heck even Dumont shoved Neil.
Bergeron's point: the loss of Prust will be damaging to us.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:14 AM
  #380
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Can anyone YT Eller's OT shift. Absolutely epic!
So wtf does he have to do to get more playing

this is getting silly

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:16 AM
  #381
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 31,486
vCash: 50
Lars Eller is good at hockey.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:17 AM
  #382
onemorecup*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Price, Pacioretty, Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Eller?

Don't look now, but Stanley Cup core developing, and ahead of schedule.
agreed , so now lets dump DD and pave the way for Galchy and Eller to play a bigger role , its time

its a joke watching him on the top line every night

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:23 AM
  #383
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: hong kong
Posts: 30,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
agreed , so now lets dump DD and pave the way for Galchy and Eller to play a bigger role , its time

its a joke watching him on the top line every night
It's not because you prefer other players that you have to blast another.
DD has been playing well, he's a good player. I agree though, we should focus more on Eller and Gally. However, I think keeping Gally as a winger this year is the right move.
DD should be used on the wings next year.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:32 AM
  #384
Natey
#feelthelove
 
Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
agreed , so now lets dump DD and pave the way for Galchy and Eller to play a bigger role , its time

its a joke watching him on the top line every night
Yeah, we're in 1st place so let's kill our depth.

All three guys (DD, Plek, Eller) had over 17-minutes of ice-time last night. That's perfect.

Seriously, do you not enjoy being in 1st place? It's like people around here WANT to lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
White Bolieu Tinordi Colberg Leblanc

C line:
Galchenyuk
Eller
LeBlanc
White
Leblanc doesn't even play center anymore.

Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:40 AM
  #385
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,593
vCash: 500
It is nice to see the team always finding a way to win instead of choking every time there is adversity. That 3rd goal on Price would of killed us last year but our guys played through it.


ELLER.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:43 AM
  #386
MarkersMark*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
We would have won if Prust was in the lineup...
It would have been 11-0 with Andrei Kostitsyn in the lineup...

MarkersMark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:15 AM
  #387
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,635
vCash: 500
PK is getting better and better, but our PK is getting worse.

In the last few years, I've kept saying that the team goes as far as Price brings us. But it's changed now; it's no longer the case. This is not to blame Price, but it's a praise to the whole team.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:20 AM
  #388
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 35,186
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
PK is getting better and better, but our PK is getting worse.

In the last few years, I've kept saying that the team goes as far as Price brings us. But it's changed now; it's no longer the case. This is not to blame Price, but it's a praise to the whole team.
Is it just me or every time we have given up a pp goal lately it seems there is always like 15 seconds left to kill. So frustrating

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:23 AM
  #389
Darth Karpan
Formerly HiggsBozon
 
Darth Karpan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
We would have won if Prust was in the lineup...
Letting a depleted team coming back 2 goals from behind and getting severely outmuscled all game long? Yeah. Definitely shows we don't need Prust. Keep trolling though.

Darth Karpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
  #390
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Jost @ 9 plz
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 65,063
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He's obviously being sarcastic as Prust has been made out to be our MVP by a lot of people this year.

What was funny was hearing Bergeron on AC say how he applauds Bouillon because he's the only one that stuck up to Neil. I swear sometimes I wonder if those "analysts" even watch the games.
Neil tried to act tough, and it's true that Bouillon held his ground an shoved Neal back, but so did Armstrong, so did Moen, heck even Dumont shoved Neil.
Bergeron's point: the loss of Prust will be damaging to us.
I think you can sum it up as if Bouillon was called Frank Boller, l'AC wouldn't have given a crap about that sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
C line:
Galchenyuk
Eller
LeBlanc
White
Leblanc is no longer a center.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:25 AM
  #391
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemorecup View Post
agreed , so now lets dump DD and pave the way for Galchy and Eller to play a bigger role , its time

its a joke watching him on the top line every night
No... DD has been an absolute threat in the O zone lately, and has started to look better defensively.

What we should do is let him finish the year there and switch him to the wings, next year. IF he wants to he can resign if he has a problem with that...Well Bye.

We have a San Jose like scenario here.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:30 AM
  #392
Darth Karpan
Formerly HiggsBozon
 
Darth Karpan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He's obviously being sarcastic as Prust has been made out to be our MVP by a lot of people this year.

What was funny was hearing Bergeron on AC say how he applauds Bouillon because he's the only one that stuck up to Neil. I swear sometimes I wonder if those "analysts" even watch the games.
Neil tried to act tough, and it's true that Bouillon held his ground an shoved Neal back, but so did Armstrong, so did Moen, heck even Dumont shoved Neil.
Bergeron's point: the loss of Prust will be damaging to us.
Do you actually think yesterday night was a proof that we could stand up for each other? Neil was running everyone after the whistles. Nobody stopped him from doing that. Gryba was hitting everyone in sight, Ryder almost got injured as a result. Nobody "held his ground" against Neil. They were all backing down and were incredibly intimidated by him. He took liberties on everyone after the whistles. We were leading 3-1 at some point, and they almost got to win the game even then.

Long term, do you actually think this team could handle games like this on a regular basis? I'm going to tell you something; today, most of our players have sore muscles, and most of them have to be exhausted. That's how bady we were outmuscled. And quite frankly, if it wasn't all about us winning a skills competition to end the game, the posts would be much more negative here today.

The guy who posted the original post (I looked at his posting history) has a knack against Prust and even suggested he would be a candidate for a buyout before the season even started. Damn, he even was pretty damn vocal against Therrien's hiring.

So yeah. I'll take his "sarcasm" with a grain of salt.

Darth Karpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:35 AM
  #393
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bat Country
Posts: 4,356
vCash: 500

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:48 AM
  #394
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Do you actually think yesterday night was a proof that we could stand up for each other? Neil was running everyone after the whistles. Nobody stopped him from doing that. Gryba was hitting everyone in sight, Ryder almost got injured as a result. Nobody "held his ground" against Neil. They were all backing down and were incredibly intimidated by him. He took liberties on everyone after the whistles. We were leading 3-1 at some point, and they almost got to win the game even then.

Long term, do you actually think this team could handle games like this on a regular basis? I'm going to tell you something; today, most of our players have sore muscles, and most of them have to be exhausted. That's how bady we were outmuscled. And quite frankly, if it wasn't all about us winning a skills competition to end the game, the posts would be much more negative here today.

The guy who posted the original post (I looked at his posting history) has a knack against Prust and even suggested he would be a candidate for a buyout before the season even started. Damn, he even was pretty damn vocal against Therrien's hiring.

So yeah. I'll take his "sarcasm" with a grain of salt.
I would love to add another gritty, tough player capable of playing 10 mins a game without hurting us. Problem is they are tough to find. But if we could, that would lessen (not eliminate) the after the whisle crap. Prust would DEFINATELY have helped there. But so would Moen if he would just start playing like last year.

But let's look at the "outmuscled" thing a little. Yes, we were out hit, but it's tough to hit the other guy when YOU HAVE THE PUCK. So, last night we had puck posession twice as long, so by definition we should half about half as many hits. So that lines up. Dude's argument is moot.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:50 AM
  #395
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Subban made some fantastic/breathtaking plays, but he also turned it over way too much at times. Which is why we're seeing completely different opinions on his game in this PGT.

There was a shift in the 2nd where he made like 3 key blunders.
Maybe you're young. Robinson would make 10 great plays, and then **** up in our end, usually once or twice a game. PK is that type of D. He'll come out plus, don't worry.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:52 AM
  #396
ryanwb
Registered User
 
ryanwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyboy67 View Post
Brendan Gallagher. Really, who thought he would be this good and this tough? The Calder Cup is his for the taking.
I don't want Gallagher anywhere near the AHL ever again.

The Calder Trophy, on the other hand...

ryanwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:54 AM
  #397
Darth Karpan
Formerly HiggsBozon
 
Darth Karpan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I would love to add another gritty, tough player capable of playing 10 mins a game without hurting us. Problem is they are tough to find. But if we could, that would lessen (not eliminate) the after the whisle crap. Prust would DEFINATELY have helped there. But so would Moen if he would just start playing like last year.

But let's look at the "outmuscled" thing a little. Yes, we were out hit, but it's tough to hit the other guy when YOU HAVE THE PUCK. So, last night we had puck posession twice as long, so by definition we should half about half as many hits. So that lines up. Dude's argument is moot.
That's not a linear equation (hits). We definitely didn't have TWICE the puck possession time the Senators had. And even if we did, do you think we could survive on the long-term getting rag-dolled all over the place like we were yesterday. We almost lost a player out of it. And quite frankly, those hits end up adding up. A guy like Prust would've gone to Gryba and would've told him to stop that crap. It took Emelin trying to kill him for him to finally understand and settle down, and we got a PK out of it, on which we got scored on.

To say we held our ground physically yesterday is not true. Can we win games that way? Sure. Can we hope to go anywhere in the playoffs by getting it that much? No way. And even if we end up winning a playoffs series that way, we'll be so banged up that we will lose in the subsequent round.

Prust helps on that department. He sure could use some help on that aspect of the game. And I'm not expecting it to come from White or Moen anymore.

Darth Karpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:59 AM
  #398
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Letting a depleted team coming back 2 goals from behind and getting severely outmuscled all game long? Yeah. Definitely shows we don't need Prust. Keep trolling though.
Good post.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:08 AM
  #399
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice
 
Habs Icing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 6,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
We would have won if Prust was in the lineup...
May explain why Tinordi was recalled. MB wants to lose a few more games.

If Prust was in the lineup Neil & Gryba wouldn't have taken as many liberties.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:08 AM
  #400
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Good post.
We're depleted too.

We lost one of our best winger ,our second best defensemen and one of our primary two-way wingers in Prust, and one of our only tough guy. If that is not depleted I don't know what it is.

I don't think this argument is really worth it.

They lost the superior players but we we're also the better team.
Karlsson, Spezza, Michalek and Cowen for them and Prust, Bourque and Diaz for us.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.