HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit @ Edmonton - Friday, March 15

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 09:57 AM
Gord
Tesla

vCash: 0
Detroit @ Edmonton - Friday, March 15

all sorts of interesting conversations latety, especially since the Oilers put together a couple of wins and actually scored some goals.
thought it would be good to start a pre game thread to tie all the chit-chat together going into Friday's game.

I see detroit lost 5-2 to Calgary last night. anyone watch the game? I hear Kiprusoff had by far his best game of the year, but I don't know if the shots were any indication of how detroit might have carried the play.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Calgary winning was actually a big boon for us. If we beat Detroit and they lose a few more, we will have leapfrogged them

Old
03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
zeus3007*

vCash: 500
Every game is a must win for us now.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:13 AM
488fitter

They also faced Gustavsson and we get Horward. Maybe not a huge factor but I'm sure it helped in the flames win. I still think the boys keep it rolling offensively...4-2 for the good guys.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:20 AM
Hopkins to Hall

The Flames played well but Detroit looked disinterested at times. The goal that broke them was when Glencross cut across the ice and 3 wings chased him leading to a wide open net pass to Stepniuk. Brutal team defense and changed all the momentum in the game to the Flames side. You just know Detroit is going to come out much better against the oilers after that 3rd period last night.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

doesnt matter what detroit does, we will just pump them full of goals and send them home in tears. here come the playoffs CROWN US

Old
03-14-2013, 10:23 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry84 View Post
They also faced Gustavsson and we get Horward. Maybe not a huge factor but I'm sure it helped in the flames win. I still think the boys keep it rolling offensively...4-2 for the good guys.
Howard had the flu, if it was enough to keep him off the ice all together yesterday who knows just how healthy he'll be tomorrow.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

5-4 Detroit in OT

Old
03-14-2013, 10:36 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopkins to Hall View Post
The Flames played well but Detroit looked disinterested at times. The goal that broke them was when Glencross cut across the ice and 3 wings chased him leading to a wide open net pass to Stepniuk. Brutal team defense and changed all the momentum in the game to the Flames side. You just know Detroit is going to come out much better against the oilers after that 3rd period last night.
Detroit just isn't the powerhouse they once were. They are struggling on the road this year with a 3-6-2 record. Brunner and Zetterburg have went cold the last bunch of games and Datysuk hasn't scored in a dozen games or so.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Beerfish

The X factor!

Old
03-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Kepler 186f
Red Shifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
The X factor!

The Oilers version of the Trojan Horse?

Old
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
Replacement*
Checked out

An angry Wings club will come in here and give us hell after a loss in Calgary. Not back to back either so Wings will be rested. This time Nucks will get the back to back served on a platter. Every team gets that but us...

Old
03-14-2013, 11:06 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Babcock was pretty pissed off after the Calgary loss.

We'll see what the Wings are made of, but given the history of the Wings and Oilers, it's going to be another tight affair.

Let's go 3-2 Oilers with Eberle scoring in the 3rd.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
CantHaveTkachev
No More Next Year

vCash: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
An angry Wings club will come in here and give us hell after a loss in Calgary. Not back to back either so Wings will be rested. This time Nucks will get the back to back served on a platter. Every team gets that but us...
sad but true...Calgary gets Nashville on Friday after they play in Vancouver on Thursday...let's just hope they also don't get get the back-up as well

we get a surely and angry Wings club who haven't won it 3 games

Old
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
McNutty780

a big test for us. the celebrating is over from the last win, everyone is home (rested i hope). We have to win. They're gonna come out firing for sure, we have to counter punch ASAP

no excuses, and there's no room for a period-two periods-period and a half of ****** play and giveaways which we are prone to do.

Let's keep those W's going and lets defend our home turf!

Old
03-14-2013, 11:33 AM
joestevens29

If you can't beat teams in the first game of their back to backs then you'll never go anywhere. For years we had the easy goalie and never took advantage of it. It's time to man up and win because we deserve to, not because a team played in Calgary the previous night and is tired.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:37 AM
BowDangles

The Oilers have a terrible habit of playing like crap the first game back home after a road trip. They need to learn how to break this habit other wise they are doomed.

RK or Horcoff or somebody needs to get this team riled up and remembering the beat down Detroit gave them a few games ago.

This being said I predict a 4-2 Detroit win...

Old
03-14-2013, 11:42 AM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
If you can't beat teams in the first game of their back to backs then you'll never go anywhere. For years we had the easy goalie and never took advantage of it. It's time to man up and win because we deserve to, not because a team played in Calgary the previous night and is tired.
Speaking of playing the easy goalie, apparently Calgary has faced a teams backup in 10/25 games they've played this year. Teams are playing their starter against the oilers in their Alberta road trips now.

For tommorow night night I'm a bit worried because A) we always suck on the first game back from a road trip and B) Babcock really hammered the team after their loss so I expect a good game from Detroit.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:44 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Yeah Strudwick just posted on oilersnation about the first home game back and you always come back flat.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:50 AM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
The Oilers have a terrible habit of playing like crap the first game back home after a road trip. They need to learn how to break this habit other wise they are doomed.

RK or Horcoff or somebody needs to get this team riled up and remembering the beat down Detroit gave them a few games ago.

This being said I predict a 4-2 Detroit win...
This. I would like for us to actually step up and play well after a road trip. But I suspect the combination of finally being at home and Detroit getting beaten badly by Calgary in their last game won't lead to good news for us.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
agreed. I think it's been like that for many a year. decades, even.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:59 AM
Gord
Tesla

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Speaking of playing the easy goalie, apparently Calgary has faced a teams backup in 10/25 games they've played this year. Teams are playing their starter against the oilers in their Alberta road trips now.

For tommorow night night I'm a bit worried because A) we always suck on the first game back from a road trip and B) Babcock really hammered the team after their loss so I expect a good game from Detroit.
shows how little other teams respect Calgary now.
as for the Oilers, good.
I welcome the fact that some teams no longer think the Oilers are such an easy two points that they can give their scrubs playing time.

If the Oilers gotta suck, at least they can suck against their opponents "A" team.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
0ilerman
The King

It's not just the oilers that struggle after road trips, is it? Pretty sure that's a common problem for lots of teams in the NHL and NBA

Old
03-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Slatsmsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopkins to Hall View Post
The Flames stunk the joint out last night. The Monster was incredibly weak and the Flames (Glencross, Stempniak etc..) capitalized on some bad turnovers by Detroit putting the puck on Calgary's tape in the slot. The Flames were badly out shot and, if not for Kipper, would have lost 7-5. Detroit had a bad 5-6 minues stretch of turnovers, that was game.

Old
03-14-2013, 12:30 PM
sundaysleftovers

Teams on a losing skid only to have it turn around by playing our Oilers! <<<<<-----last couple years news

This time it is different, Oilers will add to the Red Wings slide!

Go Oilers! 4-1 win

Closed Thread