HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Gaborik's days numbered?

Old
03-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
I would do Clowe for Gaborik straight up.
I really hope that was a joke.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:35 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Richards bought out? What is this all about?
There's been talk of using the other amnesty buyout on Richards. His game has taken a nose dive this season. Looks slow, indecisive, and has been benched several times. Mostly talk amongst fans, but I believe Brooks brought it up a couple of weeks ago as well.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:36 AM
nickschultzfan

Heater for Gabby.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:37 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
There's been talk of using the other amnesty buyout on Richards. His game has taken a nose dive this season. Looks slow, indecisive, and has been benched several times. Mostly talk amongst fans, but I believe Brooks brought it up a couple of weeks ago as well.
Bah...Would you really have to buy out Brad Richards? Am I missing something? He couldn't be traded?

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Bah...Would you really have to buy out Brad Richards? Am I missing something? He couldn't be traded?
Cap recapture rule puts a damper on trading him. If he retires early -- which he's almost certain to do since his deal takes him until he's 40 years old -- we'd be on the hook for the cap hit for the remaining years because we gave him the original contract. I doubt the team wants to take that risk.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:39 AM
Saving Captain Ryan
Registered Drug User

Quote:
I really hope that was a joke.
I havnt heard much of Clowe lately, he's not playing well?

But clearly parts would have to be thrown in.

I still would like Clowe regardless. I'd rather have a harder working player that fits the system than a guy who scores in bunches and is invisible 85% of the time.

Saving Captain Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:

I still would like Clowe regardless. I'd rather have a harder working player that fits the system than a guy who scores in bunches and is invisible 85% of the time.
Clowe is playing the worst hockey of his career. At this point the Sharks would be lucky to get a 2 nd for him IMO.

Max Kellerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:

You said "straight up" which doesn't imply extra parts. However, to answer your question, he's not playing very well and is supposedly being hampered by injuries. He'll fight anyone and sticks up for his teammates, but he's not a true powerforward. He likes to play the perimeter in the offensive zone and look to make passes. He's also slowed down considerably.

I don't think the Sharks would be interested in Gaborik at the moment.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:45 AM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Detroit laughs at this
Why?

I don't know, really. Swap out Quincey for Kindl, take out Tatar, and add someone else (or two) not named Nyquist, Sheahan, or Ferraro and I'd do it.

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Saving Captain Ryan
Registered Drug User

Quote:
You said "straight up" which doesn't imply extra parts. However, to answer your question, he's not playing very well and is supposedly being hampered by injuries. He'll fight anyone and sticks up for his teammates, but he's not a true powerforward. He likes to play the perimeter in the offensive zone and look to make passes. He's also slowed down considerably.

I don't think the Sharks would be interested in Gaborik at the moment.
Interesting.. Didn't know he fell that hard. Sad to hear. Changed my mind. I would offer a 3rd Round pick in that case.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:48 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

How many years left on Gaborik's contract?

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
How many years left on Gaborik's contract?
One after this season.

03-14-2013, 10:52 AM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Interesting.. Didn't know he fell that hard. Sad to hear. Changed my mind. I would offer a 3rd Round pick in that case.
Quite a drop. Gaborik to a 3rd

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:54 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Why?

I don't know, really. Swap out Quincey for Kindl, take out Tatar, and add someone else (or two) not named Nyquist, Sheahan, or Ferraro and I'd do it.
I don't think the Rangers want Quincey. Tatar is a necessity as the Rangers need to get back a high potential forward. Unless Jarnkrok can be involved (which I am guessing is a no-go).

Filpulla is a rental in the original deal as he is a UFA at years end. Take him out if need be, it doesn't really matter all that much. Would Abdelkader be available?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:55 AM
Saving Captain Ryan
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Quite a drop. Gaborik to a 3rd
A slight change

Old
03-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Gaborik to the Rangers for Nash....

Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyinside View Post
Maybe those rumours Gaborak to Calgary for a 1st are true
I think the Flames would much rather a C if they're going to move assets on a more established player.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:07 AM
Islanderfan17

I think the Rangers would be stupid to trade Gaborik despite his disappearing acts. You don't just replace those goals that he brings. IMO the problem is more Torts system than it is Gaborik and Richards.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
I think the Rangers would be stupid to trade Gaborik despite his disappearing acts. You don't just replace those goals that he brings. IMO the problem is more Torts system than it is Gaborik and Richards.
That system didn't effect Gaborik last year when he scored 40 goals. Doesn't seem to be effecting Nash, Stepan, Callahan or Hagelin either.

The problem is that last year Torts tolerated Gaborik's faults because he was our primary scoring threat. Now, Nash has taken that role and Tortorella is pushing Gaborik away by playing him out of position, or on the third line at points. Gaborik hasn't responded well and isn't engaged most nights.

Richards downturn, however, is really nobody's fault but his own.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:19 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyinside View Post
Maybe those rumours Gaborak to Calgary for a 1st are true
If Feaster did that i would burn my Jersey.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:21 AM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I don't think the Rangers want Quincey. Tatar is a necessity as the Rangers need to get back a high potential forward. Unless Jarnkrok can be involved (which I am guessing is a no-go).
Seriously, take a look at Tomas Jurco. He may have started off his rookie season in the A slowly, but he's picked it up lately; he's good-sized (6'2", 195lbs), young (20), speedy, and has loads of potential.

I can't really speak on Jarnkrok since I've not seen him play, so someone else might have to chime in on that one. The only reason I say no to Tatar is because he will fill an immediate need with the Wings next season, and we pretty much already know he's a player.

Quote:
Filpulla is a rental in the original deal as he is a UFA at years end. Take him out if need be, it doesn't really matter all that much. Would Abdelkader be available?
Hey, if Flip can help you guys run at the Cup, take him -- by all accounts he's pricing himself out of Detroit next year anyway.

Abdelkader, who, if Babcock will surgically remove himself from, might be in play due to the glut of bottom-6 forwards the Wings have, and the need to clear some space for the youngsters. What combination would you want that included him?

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:23 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Seriously, take a look at Tomas Jurco. He may have started off his rookie season in the A slowly, but he's picked it up lately; he's good-sized (6'2", 195lbs), young (20), speedy, and has loads of potential.

I can't really speak on Jarnkrok since I've not seen him play, so someone else might have to chime in on that one. The only reason I say no to Tatar is because he will fill an immediate need with the Wings next season, and we pretty much already know he's a player.

Hey, if Flip can help you guys run at the Cup, take him -- by all accounts he's pricing himself out of Detroit next year anyway.

Abdelkader, who, if Babcock will surgically remove himself from, might be in play due to the glut of bottom-6 forwards the Wings have, and the need to clear some space for the youngsters. What combination would you want that included him?
I think the main reason I say Tatar is because the Rangers need LWers and they have a spot open for him with Gaborik leaving that needs to be filled.

Abdelkader + Tatar + White? + 1st

IMO Tatar has to be included. I like Jurco, but the Rangers need a young dynamic forward with some potential coming back. Can't have the player too young either as they are trying to compete this year and next and into the future.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:24 AM
Kwayry

This issue with Gaborik playing LW has been around since the beginning of the year. Nothing new, and to go from there to his days are numbered is sensationalistic at best.
It was meant to attract attention rather than stimulate an interesting hockey discussion.

Additionally, Rangers were reported to be interested in Weiss before his injury, that tells me they are trying to upgrade Boyle as the 3C to address the concerns raised in Gross's article.
I still doubt Gaborik is moved, but if he is it will be for something a lot better than the proposals I read on this thread.

Gaborik scored 40 goals last season. He was in the top 3.
Gaborik scored 100+ goals in the last three years.
Gaborik scored 40 goals, 2 times in the last three years.

Those scorers do not grow on trees.

Gaborik straight up for Clowe

To put this in perspective, Katie Strang of ESPN addressed this issue a while back and she theorized that a return for Gaborik IF (Big if) is traded would be a young roster player+ top prospect + first.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Nothing As It Seems
I only own my mind..

Quote:
I would do Clowe for Gaborik straight up.
I absolutely would not. What I would take is two guys who are 2nd/3rd line guys, one whom is preferably still pretty young with potential to improve into a full fledged, quality second liner, and a pick. We need offense, but we need it spread more evenly. When I say 2nd/3rd line types, I'm talking about similar players to an Anisimov, not more Boyles and Pyatts, just so were clear.

Nothing As It Seems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Petes2424

Quote:

After reading the article on Mlive this morning, I think the Wings might actually move Filpulla. With Sheahan playing as well as he is in GR, and Andersson contributing, their long term need for Filpulla might not be as important. He'll be a very attractive rental for any team on the brink. He's played well in the playoffs, has the experience and he's not the older variety of UFA types.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote