HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Is MaxPac the second best pick in the 2007 draft?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2013, 10:30 PM
  #251
Nicko999
Registered User
 
Nicko999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 174
Sorry to bump this thread again but you know what? **** it

Pacioretty, Subban, Eller are all ****ing amazing!!!

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:46 PM
  #252
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,200
vCash: 500
Kane and Benn are the only two who are significantly better. After them Pacioretty is probably better than most of those top 10 guys but it is pretty close. Guys like Shattenkirk, Subban, Mcdo etc are all excellent aswell.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:40 PM
  #253
Habstract
Registered User
 
Habstract's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Kane and Benn are the only two who are significantly better. After them Pacioretty is probably better than most of those top 10 guys but it is pretty close. Guys like Shattenkirk, Subban, Mcdo etc are all excellent aswell.
agreed

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:19 AM
  #254
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate
 
Slew Foots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
If he keeps this up, PK Subban is actually the second best pick in the 2007 draft.

He's in Norris form at the moment!

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:07 AM
  #255
Mrb1p
Registered User
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
If he keeps this up, PK Subban is actually the second best pick in the 2007 draft.

He's in Norris form at the moment!
P.K. Subban was always more valuable than Patches, and Patches is my favorite player.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
  #256
Habbybirthday
"I ****ing LOVE it"
 
Habbybirthday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 526
vCash: 500
Patch is awesome.

I loved the goal that Gallagher tipped behind the goalie.

Vintage Patch.

Give him that much room just outside the slot.... I knew right when he started stick handling towards the goalie that Lehner was cooked.

Habbybirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:15 AM
  #257
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
If PK continues to progress like this, and becomes a perennial Norris contender before 25, he may vault to #1. That would put Patches about fourth or fifth, I suppose. Incredible draft, when you also consider McDonagh.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:32 AM
  #258
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate
 
Slew Foots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 752
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaMtlExpat View Post
If PK continues to progress like this, and becomes a perennial Norris contender before 25, he may vault to #1. That would put Patches about fourth or fifth, I suppose. Incredible draft, when you also consider McDonagh.
Thank you, Trevor.


Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:33 AM
  #259
kris
No JDru for TB - yet
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Calgary via Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 812
vCash: 500
Not sure why Sutter isnt getting more love.

kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:37 AM
  #260
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate
 
VirginiaMtlExpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Norfolk, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG87 View Post
Thank you, Trevor.
I really don't know how he does it. He's one of those guys with hyperdeveloped antennas for finding talent, in relation to competing scouts', which are stunted. Maybe he works out his antennas as well, if this picture is predictive of his hockey acumen.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
  #261
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,298
vCash: 500
Like I said earlier in this thread, Subban is the best player from that draft. Others got off to better starts but in the long run PK is going to have the best career.

Book it.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:48 PM
  #262
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Like I said earlier in this thread, Subban is the best player from that draft. Others got off to better starts but in the long run PK is going to have the best career.

Book it.
I'd co-sign my name to that statement.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
  #263
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
I'd co-sign my name to that statement.
I remember early in his career I figured he'd be a good offensive blueliner but probably a defensive liability. He's come so far on the defensive side of things and his offense is getting better. He's much better than I ever thought he'd be. By the start of last year I became a believer and by the end of last year he proved that he could be among the best. He's among the elite right now and he really deserves Norris consideration.

I said it before and I'll say it again, he has HOF talent. If he can stay healthy he'll be among the elite for years to come.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:59 PM
  #264
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I remember early in his career I figured he'd be a good offensive blueliner but probably a defensive liability. He's come so far on the defensive side of things and his offense is getting better. He's much better than I ever thought he'd be. By the start of last year I became a believer and by the end of last year he proved that he could be among the best. He's among the elite right now and he really deserves Norris consideration.

I said it before and I'll say it again, he has HOF talent. If he can stay healthy he'll be among the elite for years to come.
If he keeps improving like he has since he re-signed until now, I think I personally will be saying is playing like a HOFer next year. He's already really close.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.