HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

This year's PK ?

Old
07-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Jakomyte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Maroons View Post
Begin - Bonk
Murray - Plekanec
Higgins, Koivu, Johnson
Bingo!

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duster View Post
You might be the only one.

Chipchura is nowhere near ready for regular NHL duty. Ditto for Lapierre. They still have a lot to learn.

Meanwhile, Bonk is the man.
If you have a minimum of brains and hearth then you can play on the Pk, it's not very complicated, you play in the way your coach wants you too, it's not like being a first line talent witch is a gift, but Chipchura played on PK for team Canada and very well i might add

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 12:51 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great! View Post
If you have a minimum of brains and hearth then you can play on the Pk, it's not very complicated, you play in the way your coach wants you too, it's not like being a first line talent witch is a gift, but Chipchura played on PK for team Canada and very well i might add
You need good hockey sense to be a good penalty killer. I have no doubt Chip will be a great penalty killer. But I have not doubt right now that Bonk will be much better in that role for this year.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 08:41 AM
Marksman

Quote:
I'd say players with minimum of brains, but plenty of heart make the best penaltykillers - totally fearless in blocking shots.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Duster

Quote:
There is no doubt in my mind that he has the potential do well on the PK. He has very good hockey sense. However, there is a considerable difference between Junior and the NHL. Very few make that leap without some time in the minors. A year in Hamilton with Don Lever will do him good. So, meanwhile, Bonk is the man.

Duster is offline   Reply With Quote