HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 01:31 AM
thecloser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
im of the belief that we are multiple forwards away from being a contender. like whole new first line except wilson away. none of those guys blow me away and if poile is making any moves, i hope its selling some of the aging turd veterans we have a stockpile of. have to be careful or we will be the next calgary flames

very true. I'm not really on board with Glencross but I'm all about some Cammy. That could be a good start. Maybe we could add Gaborik somehow, some way and our 1st could be;

Cammy/Wilson/Gaborik

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:42 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
very true. I'm not really on board with Glencross but I'm all about some Cammy. That could be a good start. Maybe we could add Gaborik somehow, some way and our 1st could be;

Cammy/Wilson/Gaborik
im not trying to put down your ideas either. i enjoy reading them. i just feel strongly that we are quite bit away from being contenders. really want to sell out some old parts.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:00 AM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
im not trying to put down your ideas either. i enjoy reading them. i just feel strongly that we are quite bit away from being contenders. really want to sell out some old parts.
you make a good point. there's a lot we need to consider

Old
03-14-2013, 07:39 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

You guys are wanting players that would never fit in with Trotz you want him replaced first?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

I messed around in the Gaborik thread on the trade forums for a bit. They seem stuck on Hornqvist and OurGoc makes some very valid points. Is the difference between a ~25 goal scorer on one of the worst offenses in the NHL and a ~40 goal scorer with a stronger supporting forward corps worth a first round pick, and Ryan Ellis? I'd say no chance. Then you have the issue of Hornqvist being a bird in the hand where we know what he's typically good for and his contract being far more favorable and it's even worse. I'd do SK74, Ellis (I'd push for Blum instead), Yip, 2nd for Gaborik if there were indications he would re-sign after 14-15. They effectively get three roster players given their significantly depleted depth after the Nash trade and with underperformance with some players like Kreider.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:49 AM
Nothing Is New

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You guys are wanting players that would never fit in with Trotz you want him replaced first?
This! Must first be decided - if it hasn't been already (to keep him, I'm guessing).

Nothing Is New is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I messed around in the Gaborik thread on the trade forums for a bit. They seem stuck on Hornqvist and OurGoc makes some very valid points. Is the difference between a ~25 goal scorer on one of the worst offenses in the NHL and a ~40 goal scorer with a stronger supporting forward corps worth a first round pick, and Ryan Ellis? I'd say no chance. Then you have the issue of Hornqvist being a bird in the hand where we know what he's typically good for and his contract being far more favorable and it's even worse. I'd do SK74, Ellis (I'd push for Blum instead), Yip, 2nd for Gaborik if there were indications he would re-sign after 14-15. They effectively get three roster players given their significantly depleted depth after the Nash trade and with underperformance with some players like Kreider.
They are asking for a lot, but some of our posters are offering embarassingly little. SK, Yip and Blum?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:47 PM
Byrddog

For those that have been pinining for Corey Perry Bob McKenzie did a segment on him and indicated he will get more than Getslaff. He said 9 mil is what its probably going to be to have Perry.. The lock out again has done little to stop the craziness.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
For those that have been pinining for Corey Perry Bob McKenzie did a segment on him and indicated he will get more than Getslaff. He said 9 mil is what its probably going to be to have Perry.. The lock out again has done little to stop the craziness.
It wasn't supposed to stop the crazy, the NHL's side was to eliminate the backdoor that allowed teams to make the contracts long to string out the cap hit. Which is working. Are you telling me that you would settle for 6 when you could get 8 or 9?

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
It wasn't supposed to stop the crazy, the NHL's side was to eliminate the backdoor that allowed teams to make the contracts long to string out the cap hit. Which is working. Are you telling me that you would settle for 6 when you could get 8 or 9?
Thats not it at all. The salary cap falls next year to 64 million per team from the 70 it is now. While cutrailing the length of the contract and the cap hit each year players are still getting contracts that are going to castrate teams. While everyone wants teams to be closer in competivness this will allow really three high paid players on a team with the remainder lesser talent due to salary limits. Take the Preds for example we have two 7 mil guys now if they add that one 7 mil top 6 forward a third of the salary cap is gone. Or you would have 43 mil to spend on the rest of the team. There are teams that are going to have to shed cap space big time to ice a team next year. The Nucks have 14 players signed next year at 60 mil so they have 4 mil to fill tere roster. The Preds have 14 players signed and 18 mil cap space so imagine they sign Perry at 8 mil leaving 10 to round out a team you have to think Josi will get 3 mil and Horni 4.5 that will leave 2.5 mil for 3 players on a 20 man roster.

So my point is the GM's are not controling salary with the signings since the start of the season they continue to pay more than the budget is going to allow. Hmmmm I think they have had the same economics teacher that the POTUS has had.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Thats not it at all. The salary cap falls next year to 64 million per team from the 70 it is now. While cutrailing the length of the contract and the cap hit each year players are still getting contracts that are going to castrate teams. While everyone wants teams to be closer in competivness this will allow really three high paid players on a team with the remainder lesser talent due to salary limits. Take the Preds for example we have two 7 mil guys now if they add that one 7 mil top 6 forward a third of the salary cap is gone. Or you would have 43 mil to spend on the rest of the team. There are teams that are going to have to shed cap space big time to ice a team next year. The Nucks have 14 players signed next year at 60 mil so they have 4 mil to fill tere roster. The Preds have 14 players signed and 18 mil cap space so imagine they sign Perry at 8 mil leaving 10 to round out a team you have to think Josi will get 3 mil and Horni 4.5 that will leave 2.5 mil for 3 players on a 20 man roster.

So my point is the GM's are not controling salary with the signings since the start of the season they continue to pay more than the budget is going to allow. Hmmmm I think they have had the same economics teacher that the POTUS has had.

But this means it is working. A team can still give out these contracts, but now it will cost them alot more than before. It will level the field overall. If a team can only have 3 or 4 top dollar players then the rest of their above average paid players will have to go elsewhere which will spread out the better players

Old
03-14-2013, 01:36 PM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
They are asking for a lot, but some of our posters are offering embarassingly little. SK, Yip and Blum?
first of all the first offer from NYR posters had Yip in it. and second, the offer was yip or SK and blum or ellis.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:37 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Yeah, I made my way out of that thread.
Seemed like they were demanding Horny+Ellis/Blum+1st.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:40 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

In theory, they way Poile has built this team is the way to go. Get 2 superstars making 14 mil, get 5 making 5 mil and the rest making close to 2.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
But this means it is working. A team can still give out these contracts, but now it will cost them alot more than before. It will level the field overall. If a team can only have 3 or 4 top dollar players then the rest of their above average paid players will have to go elsewhere which will spread out the better players
I do not disagree with that but when you have a GM that payes Leggy 4.5 mil and Erat 4.5 and Goose 3.2 and Fish 4.2 with NTC's on three of them add in Weber 7.8 and Rinne 7.0 team is just stuck 31.2 mil of the cap . Goose, Rinne are doing what there role calls for and Weber the last ten games is coming arround the other three could be selling beer on the concourse. I guess I read to much onto how the team is put together, but I see no way to shed Leggy, Erat, and Fish, and expect it will be 2015 before the offense gets better.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:58 PM
thecloser

thought this was interesting. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-buzz/1983553/

we have been good trading partners with FLA and they should be sellers at the deadline. What about a guy like Fleischmann? He has 2 years left at 4.5

this is also interesting. it's from March 9th. http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/...lle-predators/

•Mark Spector via twitter: Predators GM David Poile on the trade market: “I have a team that’s not playing as well. I’m probably on the phone a little more than I regularly am.”

Old
03-14-2013, 02:01 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I do not disagree with that but when you have a GM that payes Leggy 4.5 mil and Erat 4.5 and Goose 3.2 and Fish 4.2 with NTC's on three of them add in Weber 7.8 and Rinne 7.0 team is just stuck 31.2 mil of the cap . Goose, Rinne are doing what there role calls for and Weber the last ten games is coming arround the other three could be selling beer on the concourse. I guess I read to much onto how the team is put together, but I see no way to shed Leggy, Erat, and Fish, and expect it will be 2015 before the offense gets better.
Those are cap hits not payments.

Weber's making 14 mil this year
Legwand 4 mil
Fisher 3 mil
Goose 2 mil
Gill 2 mil
Erat 5.5 mil

Next year
Legwand 3.5m
Erat 3.75m
Fisher 4.2m
Gaustad 4 m

Old
03-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Preds33

Quote:
thought this was interesting. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-buzz/1983553/

we have been good trading partners with FLA and they should be sellers at the deadline. What about a guy like Fleischmann? He has 2 years left at 4.5

this is also interesting. it's from March 9th. http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/...lle-predators/

•Mark Spector via twitter: Predators GM David Poile on the trade market: “I have a team that’s not playing as well. I’m probably on the phone a little more than I regularly am.”

This is something to look at stats scoring wise. This season his stats pretty much mirror Wilson's point wise, but last year 27g - 34a - 61 points. The one question is how would he fit with the Trotz system everyone is talking about.

One thing I would like to happen is someone needs to have to guts to just go for points just to shake things up. If we have 1 or 2 players that just go for points and the rest follow the current system vs everyone focus on defense and shoot when it is safe, I think things would be alot better. This way they aren't giving up too much of their defensive mindset

Last edited by Preds33: 03-14-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old
03-14-2013, 02:22 PM
thecloser

I love Trotz but in the lockout season we need to be having a scoring mentality to mirror what was said above. Fleischmann could be a good option and Poile just needs to step up and tell Trotzy we need to be looking to score and let our d-core just do their thing like they always do.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Those are cap hits not payments.

Weber's making 14 mil this year
Legwand 4 mil
Fisher 3 mil
Goose 2 mil
Gill 2 mil
Erat 5.5 mil

Next year
Legwand 3.5m
Erat 3.75m
Fisher 4.2m
Gaustad 4 m
Yes they are Cap hits thats my whole point. Iceing a team under a 64 mil cap with our current signings. The actual dollars paid by the owners is a totslly seperate issue.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
thecloser

was browsing around the trade threads and someone thinks Vinny Prospal will be a Pred at the deadline? what?

Old
03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

This season is really reminding me 2007/2008 for us. We had our big "go for it" season the year before. Lost a couple key players in the off season. Filled up the roster with bargain bin players. Underwhelming play, but may sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed.

Therefore, I also think our moves (or lack there-of) will be similar. That year at the deadline we got Jan Hlavac for a 7th round pick and that's it. Lots of fans were disappointed that's all we did. He actually turned out to be a very solid addition for us. One of the best deadline deals that year going by value. Huge props to Poile/scouts there.

If Poile feels we can make the playoffs, we may see a minor deadline deal like that. Otherwise, no moves unless it helps us long term. A long term deal will likely have to wait until the off season, though.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:48 PM
thecloser

Read that the last time LA and BUF played there were like ten different teams scouts at the game and we had a representative there.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:57 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
This season is really reminding me 2007/2008 for us. We had our big "go for it" season the year before. Lost a couple key players in the off season. Filled up the roster with bargain bin players. Underwhelming play, but may sneak into the playoffs as an 8th seed.

Therefore, I also think our moves (or lack there-of) will be similar. That year at the deadline we got Jan Hlavac for a 7th round pick and that's it. Lots of fans were disappointed that's all we did. He actually turned out to be a very solid addition for us. One of the best deadline deals that year going by value. Huge props to Poile/scouts there.

If Poile feels we can make the playoffs, we may see a minor deadline deal like that. Otherwise, no moves unless it helps us long term. A long term deal will likely have to wait until the off season, though.
Hlavac was solid for us. That pass where he stopped at the blueline to feed $uter to tie the game was incredible, talking about Game 3 of course. Then Arnott scored that slapper... That slapper was Yzerman like. I still get chills watching those highlights.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:09 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Read that the last time LA and BUF played there were like ten different teams scouts at the game and we had a representative there.
Supposedly the Preds have scouts at tonight's Carolina - Washington and Pittsburgh - Toronto games. hearing this from Twitter