HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Markov...coincidence

Old
02-25-2013, 08:50 AM
zzoo

vCash: 500
- I wonder if anyone thinks that Markov may have a little bobo somewhere
- PK is gradually becoming our best D ?
- Does anyone has a team stats when Markov is in or out of the line-up ? That would be interesting to see.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Markov is gassed and/or injured.

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Zeroknowledge*

There was no way that he would have been able to keep up his play from the first couple games, he's back to reality and the PP has struggled lately and that's why his point totals stalled. He'll be OK, need to play him 19-23 min a game ideally.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Dont Poke Subban

Sorry for bringing this thread back but i just checked tsn's dmen rankings and markov isnt even in the top 40. WTF? That just blew my mind!

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=10465

Now I admit markov hasnt been playing well lately but he's still #7 dmen stats-wise and only a -1. Rankings may not mean anything for some people but to think he's not a top 40 dmen in this league is mind-boggling!

Is it ridiculous or actually accurate with how they rate dmen? We're talking about best 40 dmen out of 180-something. Tell me if im just missing any factors.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

I think those are fantasy rankings. At the moment, since he is not producing, Markov is not an attractive fantasy pickup.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:02 PM
Et le But

I thought Markov has been playing better lately, but there are better options for fantasy, yes.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Jakomyte

Markov leads the team in average time on ice at 24:39, over two minutes more than #2 (PK Subban, 22:06).

He plays the most minutes for the top team in the conference. That is the stat that matters.

Jakomyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Markov leads the team in average time on ice at 24:39, over two minutes more than #2 (PK Subban, 22:06).

He plays the most minutes for the top team in the conference. That is the stat that matters.
He's been one of the main factors for the 15th to 1st story. Even if he isn't putting up points he plays a big role back there. He's had a few struggles, but by and large he's been a big asset most nights.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I think those are fantasy rankings. At the moment, since he is not producing, Markov is not an attractive fantasy pickup.
He's on a five-game point streak.

Vicious is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
He's on a five-game point streak.
Yes, but for fantasy purposes he's not in the top 40 in terms of production, that's what that link that was posted is all about. And I think it's updated on a weekly basis, so Markov will probably make it back onto the list next week. No biggie.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:36 PM
Zorba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Sorry for bringing this thread back but i just checked tsn's dmen rankings and markov isnt even in the top 40. WTF? That just blew my mind!

Now I admit markov hasnt been playing well lately but he's still #7 dmen stats-wise and only a -1. Rankings may not mean anything for some people but to think he's not a top 40 dmen in this league is mind-boggling!

Is it ridiculous or actually accurate with how they rate dmen? We're talking about best 40 dmen out of 180-something. Tell me if im just missing any factors.
What games have you been watching? Markov has been terrific lately. He was in a bit of slump a couple weeks back but lately has been very good on the PP and in a defensive role. I do believe he is leading the Habs in ice time per game.

Zorba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Dont Poke Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I think you're right. Just fantasy stuff. But still though! Like someone said here, he's on a 5 game point streak. Still doesnt make sense. (Not that rankings really matter.) Just curious he couldnt crack top 40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
What games have you been watching? Markov has been terrific lately. He was in a bit of slump a couple weeks back but lately has been very good on the PP and in a defensive role. I do believe he is leading the Habs in ice time per game.
I meant defensively when I said "he hasnt been playing well lately." Thats what I was referring to. I know he's been producing, but there are times when opponents just skate past him, creating chances for the other team and allowing them to score. Just very unusual from Markov. Not bashing, just that Im not used to seeing that from him.

Back on post #79 (whoa, coincidence?), I think he'll crack top 40 again next week. No biggie.

Dont Poke Subban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post

C
Galchenyuk 23rd
Plekanec 27th
Desharnais 39th

LW
Pacioretty 6th
Bourque 33rd

RW
Gallagher 14th
Ryder 15th
Gionta 28th

D
Subban 2nd
Diaz 12th

G
Price 16th

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:33 PM
1UP

Markov hit the ground running because he played in the KHL, and then it died down a little.

Also, it's clear he was shooting for too high a percentage. So I say coincidence, kind of. He now passes a lot to Subban on the PP to set up one timers. Markov is a master at making the defense move and giving Subban a shooting line for his cannon.

And although his point acquisition rate has dwindled, I don't think his on ice effectiveness is any less.

Edit - Oh, it's a necro. Carry on ^_^.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Et le But

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...222298&lang=en

Markov

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote