HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

who would you want to see phoenix pursue via trade

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2013, 07:02 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Okay so we are in deep Sh** in Vancity atm. I personally would love some speed on the 1st line and bump Kessler to the second when he is healthy. Spread the talent a bit more.

What would it cost to get Boedker moved here?
Short answer is more than Gillis would be willing to give up. The players we would covet are core to the Canucks. Not a lot in the cupboard prospect and youth wise that would be of interest to be honest.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:20 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Short answer is more than Gillis would be willing to give up. The players we would covet are core to the Canucks. Not a lot in the cupboard prospect and youth wise that would be of interest to be honest.
True, we do not have allot prospect wise, and we kinda need our core..

I have a feeling Boedker is worth more to you, than what most think and what numbers state.

Old
03-11-2013, 07:24 AM
hbk
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
True, we do not have allot prospect wise, and we kinda need our core..

I have a feeling Boedker is worth more to you, than what most think and what numbers state.
Absolutely he is. A 1st round pick and a mediocre roster player and/or C level prospect would be of zero interest. Gillis doesn't have much to play with.

Old
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Absolutely he is. A 1st round pick and a mediocre roster player and/or C level prospect would be of zero interest. Gillis doesn't have much to play with.
Nope he truly does not.. At least not without giving up premium quality..

Old
03-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Boedker's stats are not that impressive (for a 1st line player) but he is leading the Coyotes forwards. He's valued as the player he is showing signs of becoming and the Coyotes just aren't going to deal him for a package. You might as well try to trade for OEL, it's just not a feasible deal to get a "fair" price because that wont happen. Boedker would only get traded once he shows signs of not becoming a top-level player or is no longer good value for his contract.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
ducky

What do you think of something along the lines of Summers for Paajarvi? Maybe not enough for Edmonton? I think Summers is an NHL dman.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:40 AM

I would be shocked if Summers got us Paajarvi, I'm thinking it would take Summers++.

I will admit I am not much of a trade proposal guy though, so I'm not going to offer up an alternative other than the value is not there.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:30 AM
RABBIT
Captain Cook

I know we've played well the last two games, and we have a great group of guys, but i don't think we should try and ride this high. We can lose one game and fall 4-6 positions in the West due to how tight it is. I think we need one more offensive piece, and i think it's time we do it via trading one of our many NHL ready defensemen in the system.

I mean right now we are getting balanced play from 3 different young guns for the 7th spot with Stone, Rundblad, and Summers, but Schlemko is on his way back soon. In my opinion it would be hard to just send Stone back down when Schlemmer returns. Let's also not forget Gormley, who may be ready to go next year.

Last edited by RABBIT: 03-13-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old
03-13-2013, 12:48 PM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Vrbata might be out another month. Maybe the season, with the way that type of injury goes. Drew Stafford is available for dirt cheap.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:50 PM
Vip
In the clouds

I am with you guys, we need to do at least something.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
It'll be something small, but something should be done. Bring back Ovechniak for the playoffs.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:39 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
It'll be something small, but something should be done. Bring back Ovechniak for the playoffs.
I think you mean regular season, he completely disappeared in the playoffs.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:40 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

About the time Schlemko gets back, we will lose another D. This ridiculous 48 games in 99 days is a real *****.

03-13-2013, 05:04 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Stempy to the rescue... but where's Fiddler and Pyatt? Thought signing Moss fill that spot. Could use Stempy right now, but not when Vrbata returns. I wonder if they'll make Radim a special rigid skate to use until his foot heals completely...

Quote:
I would be shocked if Summers got us Paajarvi, I'm thinking it would take Summers++.

I will admit I am not much of a trade proposal guy though, so I'm not going to offer up an alternative other than the value is not there
I disagree, it would depend if the Oil can use Summers more than Magnus. But then again, I don't think the 'Yotes need another LW anyways unless if they plan on trading Korpi and think Magnus would be a cheaper alternative (which I don't advocate unless if it improves the roster - by a lot, I'm a big Korpi fan).

Old
03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I think you mean regular season, he completely disappeared in the playoffs.
I'm not convinced we're going to make the playoffs...

Paajarvi makes sense because he can bring speed and defensive responsibility along with upside. It'd be like when we made the Korpikoski trade and crossed our fingers that he'd develop.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
I'm not convinced we're going to make the playoffs...
Oh well your statement was let's bring in Ovechniak for the playoffs which is why I mentioned that. Bringing someone like that in for regular season though makes sense because they do still need to actually make the playoffs.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:19 PM
ducky

What is Vrbata's injury?

Old
03-13-2013, 07:20 PM
AndrewYotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
What is Vrbata's injury?
Cracked bone in the foot. Tippet in his presser made it sound like some days he's good to go, and other days he's not.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:31 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

The Oilers are like the Gretzky era Coyotes. Zero coaching, zero system, zero culture, zero infrastructure, clown show circus cluster ****. I bet PRV would flourish under Tippett if he had the right attitude and was willing to take the Boedker (or Korpikoski) approach.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:07 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
The Oilers are like the Gretzky era Coyotes. Zero coaching, zero system, zero culture, zero infrastructure, clown show circus cluster ****. I bet PRV would flourish under Tippett if he had the right attitude and was willing to take the Boedker (or Korpikoski) approach.
I'm not opposed to flipping a fringe player and a pick for him. Summers can be replaced. Nice to have a great homegrown guy, but it's a business.

I think the Flyers floundering so bad is going to make Holmgren do something drastic, like overpay for Yandle.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:13 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Holmgren does drastic things even when his job isn't on the line. Now that he feels that noose tightening, I'm sure he'll do something extreme.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:22 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
Holmgren does drastic things even when his job isn't on the line. Now that he feels that noose tightening, I'm sure he'll do something extreme.
I like the Flyers roster a lot more after the Richards and Carter trades. I think they did great, and it was an important message sent to the room. That LA won the cup with Carter is irrelevant. It's the Bryz signing and the injuries that really kills that team. Holmgren knows what he is doing, it's just that he has absolutely no hesitation when it comes to moves that would otherwise upset other organizations. If I'm Maloney, I check in on my good friend Paul. Also, I'd like to acquire the Flyer's 1st round pick. They are the #1 team I'm worried about signing OEL to a stupid offer sheet.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:39 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I was under the impression that all we need to do is QO OEL and we don't have to sweat offer sheets.

But yeah, Philly is probably the best parter out there for us in terms of trade. They've got a ton of forwards I want. Young guys, too. Read, Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier, Schenn, Laughton, and that first round pick.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:19 AM
XX
Avoiding the Cap

Quote:
I was under the impression that all we need to do is QO OEL and we don't have to sweat offer sheets.
Well, you heard wrong. Giving him a QO gives the Coyotes the right to match any potential offer sheet. Without the QO, he just becomes an unrestricted free agent. Now, putting the NHL in such a position would be a no-no for just about every owner in the league except Ed Snider. Hell, most teams don't even like the idea of offer sheets still. But the Flyers were prepared to give $110 million to a player five years older than OEL at the time. OEL isn't Weber, but you have a chance to steal him away for basically nothing. You need to go past 8.4 average salary before you hit the four first rounder mark. Every playoff bound GM in the league should be fired if they wouldn't trade 2 firsts, a second and a third for OEL. That's why letting him get to the draft unsigned is very, very dangerous.

The good news is that the ownership crap will be decided one way or the other before then. Plenty of time to sign him, though likely not as a Coyote.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:20 PM
DesertDawg

^
Technically he has to refuse the qualifying offer which then makes him a RFA. I don't know if they change the rule, but a team can only take a player to arbitration once.
I don't see Yandle getting traded this season, but if someone is going to overpay it would be Holmgren.

Closed Thread