HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

If Detroit are TDL sellers - Filppula

Old
03-14-2013, 10:40 AM
EbonyRaptor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullocks View Post
Doubt he'll be traded. Wings will be in it til' the end.

Still a good team that outplays teams most night just prone to bone headed decisions.
This is probably the case. Even if the Wings miss the playoffs, that probably won't be a sure thing by the trade deadline due to about 11 or 12 teams being within a few points of making/missing the playoffs on April 3rd. So teams that will be sellers are the ones that use a realistic assessment of their team to compete in the playoffs versus simply how many points they are behind the #8 spot in the conference.

If any team has the cachet to be sellers in order to be a better team in the future than simply trying to scramble for a playoff spot with little expectations of winning the Cup - it's the Wings. Detroit has been the standard of excellence for a long time and have earned the right to look big picture at the expense of the short term. Course, that's just my opinion - Holland may see things differently.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
We don't want Abdelkader.

Filppula would make sense for us. Can play C or wing. Most I would offer for him is something like 1st + Connauton.
I think Detroit would take that. Im a fan of Connauton though...

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:52 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Something around Brassard for Filpula? Columbus can add a conditional pick if Filpula re-signs.

I think he would be a very solid addition to the Jackets capable of playing in a #2 center spot or #1 if really needed to. He plays the kind of game that the Jackets are building around. Brassard is 3 years younger and I am guessing would be cheaper (I think Filpula gets more than 3 million on his next contract). He's an immediate replacement at the #2 center spot.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:40 AM
jaeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Something around Brassard for Filpula? Columbus can add a conditional pick if Filpula re-signs.

I think he would be a very solid addition to the Jackets capable of playing in a #2 center spot or #1 if really needed to. He plays the kind of game that the Jackets are building around. Brassard is 3 years younger and I am guessing would be cheaper (I think Filpula gets more than 3 million on his next contract). He's an immediate replacement at the #2 center spot.
Why would Jarmo do this? It only makes them older. And you lose a pick in the progress.

jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeger View Post
Why would Jarmo do this? It only makes them older. And you lose a pick in the progress.
Because Filpulla is a superior player to Brassard right now. He could walk but I don't think he does. Brassard + a pick for Filpula is a pretty good trade for Columbus.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Jurky
#FireHolland

If the rumour of Detroit and Filp being far apart in contract talks Kenny better ****ing deal him at the deadline so we can get something in return for him.
I think Filp is worth a 1st+ at the deadline to whoever needs him.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:32 PM
SirloinUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
If (<- big "if") Detroit continues to struggle and decides to be sellers at the TDL - what would it take from the Hawks to acquire Filppula. Keep in mind he is UFA after this season so it would be strictly a rental from the Hawks perspective. Keep the asking price reasonable - no one from active roster and none of the top three prospects (Teravainen, Danault, Clendening).
Good question. And from your perspective I can understand why you wouldnt want to give those prospects up. But from the otherside, nobody outside of those prospects interests Detroit. So i guess then we have to look at picks.

Would a 1st and a prospect get it done for both sides?

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:57 PM
wingfan

vCash: 50
A) That fact that someone would suggest that Filppula could land in Chicago is ridiculous
B) A first plus an average prospect ISN'T going to get it done, especially when that first will probably end up being 25-30. If Chicago wants Flip they WILL overpay.
C) We're still in the thick of the playoff race, Helm and Sammy are almost back. We are outplaying teams every night but making too many errors. We eliminate the errors and get healthy this is a 4-6 seeding team.
D) If Flip goes, I'd prefer a top tier prospect over a 1st.

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Zetterberg4Captain

if filppula did get traded it would be for a 1st and a mid range dman prospect

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Osgood As It Gets
Church of Nyquist

vCash: 651
I'd say that Filppula is moved at the trade deadline, but only if they have a #2 C on their radar in the off-season (like say Weiss, Ribeiro and to a lesser extent, Bozak). Truth is, Filppula is much better at LW and the Red Wings have Nyquist / Tatar that are ready / capable of playing LW.

Look for him to go in a package with White to someone outside of the 2013-14 Division C. They could garner a 1st and a B prospect together.

Osgood As It Gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:38 PM
BeersHockey

Quote:
If (<- big "if") Detroit continues to struggle and decides to be sellers at the TDL - what would it take from the Hawks to acquire Filppula. Keep in mind he is UFA after this season so it would be strictly a rental from the Hawks perspective. Keep the asking price reasonable - no one from active roster and none of the top three prospects (Teravainen, Danault, Clendening).
Yeah, I don't see DET and CHI as good trading partners then. I think the Wings would rightfully be asking for Tevavainen or even Saad - and the Hawks should pay it, since Flip is a better player now, and would fit well long-term with your core. You would have two complete legit top lines. CHI has a chance to roll up a couple of Cups in the next 4-5 years.

BeersHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Filppula's not going anywhere if Holland suspects Datsyuk is leaving.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:11 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
A) That fact that someone would suggest that Filppula could land in Chicago is ridiculous
B) A first plus an average prospect ISN'T going to get it done, especially when that first will probably end up being 25-30. If Chicago wants Flip they WILL overpay.
C) We're still in the thick of the playoff race, Helm and Sammy are almost back. We are outplaying teams every night but making too many errors. We eliminate the errors and get healthy this is a 4-6 seeding team.
D) If Flip goes, I'd prefer a top tier prospect over a 1st.
A. Chicago's biggest need is a legitimate 2C, so no, it's not ridiculous. Especially not with them being in separate conferences next season.

B. If it's not a sign and trade, that will absolutely do it.

C. Samuelsson was said to be a long way off by Helene St. James. And he's not much of a loss anyways.

D. Not in this draft. Pretty much everybody in the first round has a shot at a star if they draft right.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:50 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirloinUB View Post
Good question. And from your perspective I can understand why you wouldnt want to give those prospects up. But from the otherside, nobody outside of those prospects interests Detroit. So i guess then we have to look at picks.

Would a 1st and a prospect get it done for both sides?
I would do a 1st and any prospect except TT, Danault & Clendening - even with Filppula only being a rental because the Hawks will not be able to afford his new contract, assuming he gets more than $4M which is almost assured.

I doubt Stan Bowman does it though because the Hawks already don't have 2nd and 3rd round pick this year which were used to acquire Oduya last season. Trading the 1st would leave the Hawks with no picks in the first three rounds.

I do it because it improves more than just one position. With Filppula at 2C, that moves Bolland back to 3C and Shaw back to wing.

Edit: If the Hawks were to acquire Filppula, the only way they could afford to sign him were to trade Bolland and not re-sign Stalberg. But, if those things were to happen, I'd love to have Filppula here when Teravainen makes the team. They played together for Jokerit during the lockout and it would be very nice to ease TT into the NHL with Flip centering for him. Teravainen-Filppula-Hossa as a 2nd line looks pretty good.

Last edited by EbonyRaptor: 03-14-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Old
03-14-2013, 03:14 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
I would do a 1st and any prospect except TT, Danault & Clendening - even with Filppula only being a rental because the Hawks will not be able to afford his new contract, assuming he gets more than $4M which is almost assured.

I doubt Stan Bowman does it though because the Hawks already don't have 2nd and 3rd round pick this year which were used to acquire Oduya last season. Trading the 1st would leave the Hawks with no picks in the first three rounds.

I do it because it improves more than just one position. With Filppula at 2C, that moves Bolland back to 3C and Shaw back to wing.

Edit: If the Hawks were to acquire Filppula, the only way they could afford to sign him were to trade Bolland and not re-sign Stalberg. But, if those things were to happen, I'd love to have Filppula here when Teravainen makes the team. They played together for Jokerit during the lockout and it would be very nice to ease TT into the NHL with Flip centering for him. Teravainen-Filppula-Hossa as a 2nd line looks pretty good.
So would a 2014 1st and Johns be acceptable? Maybe a conditional 3rd if Filppula doesn't re-sign?(from Detroit)

Vatican Roulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:16 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
So would a 2014 1st and Johns be acceptable? Maybe a conditional 3rd if Filppula doesn't re-sign?(from Detroit)
If we're getting a first, it better be in 2013.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

vCash: 600
Quote:
Well with Weiss going down Filppula is now the 2nd best forward that could be moved at the deadline, Iginla being the top forward. Filppula is very versatile, being able to play all 3 forward positions and he's able to pk and play on the PP, he 's also good on the draw. Though he had his most success playing on the wing I still think he would be a 45-60 point center when giving the right line mates, which he would have in Chicago.

With all of that in mind I'd want a 1st+B, or 2nd+A prospect plus prospect for him. While he has become expendable due to the play of Tatar, Nyquist & Brunner, only Brunner has really produced at the same pace Filppula has in the past.

So from Chicago I'd want one of the big 3 + a 2nd, or a 1st+McNeil/Danault. With their really only being a couple of high end forwards available the price will be high if he is being shopped.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Some Hawk fans think Johns is the best d-prospect in the system but I like Clendening better. So I would do the 2014 1st and Johns for Filppula.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Well with Weiss going down Filppula is now the 2nd best forward that could be moved at the deadline, Iginla being the top forward. Filppula is very versatile, being able to play all 3 forward positions and he's able to pk and play on the PP, he 's also good on the draw. Though he had his most success playing on the wing I still think he would be a 45-60 point center when giving the right line mates, which he would have in Chicago.

With all of that in mind I'd want a 1st+B, or 2nd+A prospect plus prospect for him. While he has become expendable due to the play of Tatar, Nyquist & Brunner, only Brunner has really produced at the same pace Filppula has in the past.

So from Chicago I'd want one of the big 3 + a 2nd, or a 1st+McNeil/Danault. With their really only being a couple of high end forwards available the price will be high if he is being shopped.
Still a chance that Perry could be on the block.

Filppula isn't replaceable if Datsyuk is leaving. He'd easily slot into that 2nd line center position behind Hank. Tatar and Nyquist don't make him replaceable because they're wingers, the guy that would make him replaceable is Jarnkrok.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:29 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post

I think Ribiero might be considered by many to be the 2nd best forward available at the TDL, behind Iginla, but I'm with you - I prefer Filppula over Ribiero because I prefer the overall game of Filppula over the better offensive game of Ribiero.

1st and McNeill would work for me.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post

Filppula isn't replaceable if Datsyuk is leaving. He'd easily slot into that 2nd line center position behind Hank. Tatar and Nyquist don't make him replaceable because they're wingers, the guy that would make him replaceable is Jarnkrok.
And I am a believer that that situation would happen as early as next season.

The best thing about Detroits prospect pipeline is that players are starting to get to the level of making the team. Jarnkrok, Tatar, Nyquist are ready to make the team, with several others at least deserving a chance.

Filppula is expendable.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
If we're getting a first, it better be in 2013.
Why is that? There are good players in the 1st round in every draft.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:32 PM
tsweeney

If the Wings and Hawks are making a deal and it's not for a bit player (Jason Williams, Kyle Calder, etc.), one of the teams is GOING to overpay.

I don't care if the Wings are going East, they're not going to start cutting deals to help out the Hawks. The teams are rivals, regardless of whether they're fighting for the division crown or not.

tsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:37 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:

And I am a believer that that situation would happen as early as next season.

The best thing about Detroits prospect pipeline is that players are starting to get to the level of making the team. Jarnkrok, Tatar, Nyquist are ready to make the team, with several others at least deserving a chance.

Filppula is expendable.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Why is that? There are good players in the 1st round in every draft.
There are better ones in the first round of this draft.