HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Realistic Goaltending Options at this point?

Old
03-14-2013, 04:58 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

vCash: 12000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Terrell Owens.
One of the first guys I thought of when I hit the edit button

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 04:59 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
I'd really be interested in either Cory Schneider or Robin Lehner. For next year if Bryz is amnestied. Schneider will likely cost a good amount to get but his price should come down a tad considering the down season he's having in relation to past performance...

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:14 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I'd really be interested in either Cory Schneider or Robin Lehner. For next year if Bryz is amnestied. Schneider will likely cost a good amount to get but his price should come down a tad considering the down season he's having in relation to past performance...
Schneider and Lehner would cost us a **** load. Also, I can't see Ottawa giving up Lehner.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:16 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
I bet DiPietro could be had for cheap

03-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:
Hey guys, Canucks fan here. There's definitely a chance that Schneider is the one that's going to be dealt instead of Luongo, but the offer would have to be pretty damn good.

There's a rumour floating around that the Canucks are going to get an offer for Schneider at the trade deadline "that will blow them away", or something to that effect.

I immediately thought either Philly or Washington, so that's why I was perusing your boards. Anyways, food for thought. Cheers

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:19 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Same expectations with Sunshine. Fans are just overly hopeful.
Sunshine wasn't a second round pick that has only improved his stock since being drafted. Pedigree matters in evaluations of players.

That said, Stolarz needs to continue his positive progression before getting anything other than "promising young goalie". His size, physical tools, and work ethic though are world class and that goes a long way.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:29 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Sunshine wasn't a second round pick that has only improved his stock since being drafted. Pedigree matters in evaluations of players.

That said, Stolarz needs to continue his positive progression before getting anything other than "promising young goalie". His size, physical tools, and work ethic though are world class and that goes a long way.
I'd say that the reason people are so high on Stolarz is that he seemingly has all the tools. He's huge, and extremely athletic and quick for his size. He seems to have a great work ethic and its very encouraging to see him do so well this early in his first experience in te chl. Sunshine was always more of an enigma and no one really ever had that much evidence for why they thought so highly of him. It was always "well he's playing in Europe so we don't know how he'll transition" etc. but Stolarz made the choice to jump right to the ohl this year and that shows, to me at least, that he's serious about getting better at his position and wants to play in the nhl.

Also, I think the fact that we have the oppurtunity to see Stolarz play if you have the means to watch junior games does a lot for it. I know in the few games I've seen him play, he's looked very impressive.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
Hey guys, Canucks fan here. There's definitely a chance that Schneider is the one that's going to be dealt instead of Luongo, but the offer would have to be pretty damn good.

There's a rumour floating around that the Canucks are going to get an offer for Schneider at the trade deadline "that will blow them away", or something to that effect.

I immediately thought either Philly or Washington, so that's why I was perusing your boards. Anyways, food for thought. Cheers
Can you link me where the rumor is on HF or the link for the actual rumor itself please?

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:09 PM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Can you link me where the rumor is on HF or the link for the actual rumor itself please?
Sorry man, the best I could do was copy and paste the quote from a poster on the Canucks board.

Pierre Lebrun just now said on the team 1040 that the Canucks are likely going to get an offer on schneider by a "cellar team" by april 3rd. The way he spoke it seemed like he knows something. And he said that it will be "gut check time" for canuck management.. but they will have to go to luongo and make 100 percent sure he wants to stay in vancouver.

Came across this jewel while I was searching around though

http://sports.gather.com/viewArticle...81474981846265

Wheatley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Evil Edler

vCash: 50
If the Flyers get Cory I'll be interested to see what the deal is, i don't think the price would be that high.

If the flyers get Luongo, I'm cheering for the flyers and the Canucks can eat a dick until they get new management. I'll always root for them but i'd be watching more Philly games.

Evil Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:39 PM
Claude Reigns
Go Bob!

This.

Claude Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:56 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post

Does Danny Briere + 2nd "blow you away"?

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:59 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godless Servant View Post
If the Flyers get Cory I'll be interested to see what the deal is, i don't think the price would be that high.

If the flyers get Luongo, I'm cheering for the flyers and the Canucks can eat a dick until they get new management. I'll always root for them but i'd be watching more Philly games.
if we switch coaches, i'd rather start now. time to start evaluating now. see what we have with the team and the goalie. he' still here and he is a guy that might be a system change away from being worth that contract. might as well do our best to find out. either way this year's lost.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:50 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Flyers aren't going to offer that much for Schneider if they are after him. I could see them offering something like Coburn, Laughton and a 2nd for him, but that's about it.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:09 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Flyers aren't going to offer that much for Schneider if they are after him. I could see them offering something like Coburn, Laughton and a 2nd for him, but that's about it.
That's overkill for Schneider. I'd rather give that package to get Buff+.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:40 PM
CyborgLindros

At least we can take some moral victory in knowing Hovinen still isnt working out. As for Stolarz can we please be a little more cautious about a goaltender in our farm system working out. I understand he's highly praised but a few months ago so was Hovinen.

CyborgLindros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:42 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgLindros View Post
At least we can take some moral victory in knowing Hovinen still isnt working out. As for Stolarz can we please be a little more cautious about a goaltender in our farm system working out. I understand he's highly praised but a few months ago so was Hovinen.
Hovinen also didn't do well in the pre-season and pretty much gave up since then. Do you really see Stolarz being the same way?

Old
03-14-2013, 08:44 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
I dream one day we'll live in world where Flyers fans won't have to worry about goalies.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

I wonder if Columbus would do a 2nd and Klotz for Bob. Homer just needs to talk Klotz up harder than a used car salesman trying to sell a Daewoo. And maybe get their whole front office drunk....again, like a used car salesman trying to peddle a Daewoo.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:50 PM
CyborgLindros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Hovinen also didn't do well in the pre-season and pretty much gave up since then. Do you really see Stolarz being the same way?
I can't say I know enough about Stolarz to say he will be. I'm simply tired of getting my hopes up for a good goalie to come through the system. Stolarz could play amazing for the Knights and get to the AHL/NHL and look totally different. I hope he doesn't and from what I have seen I don't think that would happen. However, it's always a possibility. I mean lets be honest if a goalie has his confidence broken it could lead to major problems.

CyborgLindros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Devastate

Quote:
I wonder if Columbus would do a 2nd and Klotz for Bob. Homer just needs to talk Klotz up harder than a used car salesman trying to sell a Daewoo. And maybe get their whole front office drunk....again, like a used car salesman trying to peddle a Daewoo.
What do you realistically think cbj would want to send Bob back

Devastate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:52 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
I can't say I know enough about Stolarz to say he will be. I'm simply tired of getting my hopes up for a good goalie to come through the system. Stolarz could play amazing for the Knights and get to the AHL/NHL and look totally different. I hope he doesn't and from what I have seen I don't think that would happen. However, it's always a possibility.
Stolarz was born in America. Played the NA type of rinks, hockey and style. He's getting probably the best exposure of his life right now being the #1 for a good OHL team. Actually, London Knights are #1 in the OHL. And he's shining so well, especially in a league where it's more common to see over 1 points per game players than the NHL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
Bob will never come back. Howson is no where in sight. Bob will stay with the Jackets. Guess what, he will still probably make Beef even more mad next year when they are in our division.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
A Daewoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Bob will never come back. Howson is no where in sight. Bob will stay with the Jackets. Guess what, he will still probably make Beef even more mad next year when they are in our division.
And our own goaltender continues to crap all over himself for weeks at a time? Yeah, that's gonna be frustrating, especially since Stolarz is still weeks (Edit: weeks? ha. I wish. Years) out.

Should've signed Vokoun for 2 years and brought Bob along. I'm tired of the nonstop, eternal ****ery with this organization and goaltenders. It's not the 80s or 90s. Develop your own damned people, instead of throwing money at the talent on less monetarily endowed teams.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:57 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
A Daewoo?

And our own goaltender continues to crap all over himself for weeks at a time? Yeah, that's gonna be frustrating, especially since Stolarz is still weeks out.

Should've signed Vokoun for 2 years and brought Bob along. I'm tired of the nonstop, eternal ****ery with this organization and goaltenders.
Vokoun? Holy ****... even with the Pens... my god. Weirdly enough, considering what I've seen from Vokoun this season, it would of been better to just stay with Leighton's 900K instead of his 2M. Vokoun is just so ****ing atrocious.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:57 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
A Daewoo?
You just got hit by a Daewoo Lanos motha ****a!

But yeah this sucks seeing Bob tearing it up and Bryz being Bryz.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote