HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do the Habs need Heavyweight enforcer? Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 05:37 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorinth View Post
I suspect you don't want to answer because you know he would've fought all those times anyways. So fine, can you at least give me a number? How many fights would he have?
No, honestly, no one can say or even give a number since the dynamics of the games would have been altered.

But I will humor you.

My dog is laying next to my desk. His head is facing West. West has four letters in it.

Four. That's my number. Hope it helps.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by impudent_lowlife View Post

Face it, your argument is banal at best.

"Banal" ?? Thems are a fighting word!! Step up to Lucic and call him a "banal" player and he'll probly go "Huh?" cause that a word with many letters in it...

Old
03-14-2013, 05:39 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
No, honestly, no one can say or even give a number since the dynamics of the games would have been altered.

But I will humor you.

My dog is laying next to my desk. His head is facing West. West has four letters in it.

That's a terrible guess. Your dog should have been facing south

Old
03-14-2013, 05:41 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Way over my head haha. People have been getting so personal in this thread.

I don't apologize cause I'm tough
Nevermind, I would not accept your apologize because I'm tougher

Old
03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Can you point out which fights Prust would not have fought in if we had a heavyweight?
Lucic

Old
03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Sorinth

Quote:

But I will humor you.

So we need an enforcer to help out Prust but you can't think of a single time that enforcer would actually have helped and instead have to rely on the psychic powers of your dog. Right ...

Old
03-14-2013, 05:52 PM
rafal majka

Quote:
Tired of typing it. Read Post #616
Quote:
The non enforcer crowd continues to miss the point.

You will never prevent every cheap shot nor will you prevent every run or dirty hit against the boards against skill players.

It is about punishing players like Neil. Run Subban and you will have to fight. Neil will them be removed from the game for 5 minutes. if it happens again, Neil has to take more shots to the head and off the ice for 5 more minutes. If he does not get the message, he fights again for the 3rd time in the game and is removed from the game.

What I described is 15 + minutes that Neil is not on the ice trying to run our players. Along with that is a few more lumps and bruises on his face and more pain.

We cannot afford to have Prust doing that job because Prust is more valuable on the ice than in the box.

All Neil had to face for his actions was............nothing other than glares from Boullion and Moen, maybe White.

Pathetic.
That's a pathetic argument. The Habs recently beat the Bruins because Chara went after a Hab for allegedly "running" Seguin. Your neanderthal style of play would put the Habs on the PK more often than not - and cause them to lose games.

Subban got it right in that game - don't retaliate, get PPs and win.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Lucic
So instead he would've stood by and let Lucic beat up on Eller because at some later time our enforcer would challenge Lucic who would decline, and the enforcoer would probably pick up a penalty trying to get him to fight and/or get scored on because he's out against a top line.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:54 PM
bud12

Quote:
So we need an enforcer to help out Prust but you can't think of a single time that enforcer would actually have helped and instead have to rely on the psychic powers of your dog. Right ...
The fight again Fraser is probably one. But nobody can know. One thing is sure, Habs need somebody

Old
03-14-2013, 05:55 PM
bud12

Quote:
So instead he would've stood by and let Lucic beat up on Eller because at some later time our enforcer would challenge Lucic who would decline, and the enforcoer would probably pick up a penalty trying to get him to fight and/or get scored on because he's out against a top line.
it was Eller and Mcquaid. Not Lucic

Old
03-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
That's a pathetic argument. The Habs recently beat the Bruins because Chara went after a Hab for allegedly "running" Seguin. Your neanderthal style of play would put the Habs on the PK more often than not - and cause them to lose games.

Exactly, Neil would decline fighting our heavyweight and if the guy insisted I'm sure Neil is more than happy to take a few punches if it gave his team a powerplay.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:56 PM
rafal majka

Quote:
Exactly. The enforcer creates a situation where the Habs are put in a position to lose.

But that's OK 'cause frontier justice prevailed...

Old
03-14-2013, 06:01 PM
bud12

Quote:
Exactly, Neil would decline fighting our heavyweight and if the guy insisted I'm sure Neil is more than happy to take a few punches if it gave his team a powerplay.
Neil played like a mad man yesterday. Like it or not, he never played like that when jambon Laraque was there. Enforcer are useful except for people who don't like them

Last edited by bud12: 03-14-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Old
03-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Sorinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
it was Eller and Mcquaid. Not Lucic
From what I recall Eller and McQuaid started roughing up each other and Prust jumped on Lucic to prevent him from also going after Eller. But I could be wrong.

Either way unless the enforcer was on the ice at that time it's very unlikely that Prust wouldn't have gotten into that fight because it was a heat of the moment fight. A heavyweight would at best only prevent "staged" fights and/or revenge fights for something that happened in the past.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbybirthday View Post
I know.

But in an article on the official site Therrien said something along the lines of 'Prust is getting the chance to play hockey, maybe for the first time in his career'

Referring to Prust's previous uses as a goon.

I'm not saying Prust has never posted good numbers and lots of fights cause he has.

I just think Therrien is preferring to use him for hockey primarily.
I hope they're not changing him too much. Players tend to become softer once they join the Habs.

Sometime I wish MT was more of a goon coach and send players to send messages.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:16 PM
TennisMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
Neil played like a mad man yesterday. Like it or not, he never played like that when jambon Laraque was there. Enforcer are useful except for people who don't like them
Neil always plays harder when there are no enforcers to patrol. Watch when Ottawa play Boston or buffalo. Neil plays like a girl. Maybe Kassian will take some pressure off him.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:17 PM
TennisMenace

By the way, I'm still upset the Senators did what we should have done- trade a 6th draft pick to get Kassian.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:21 PM
bipolarhabfan

We need a bigger body on the fourth line that can play hockey because Therrien, for the most part, likes to role with four lines. It would be useless for us to get a player who fights but is a liability on the ice.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:31 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
I can play the game as well.

Markov has 13 assists. Can you tell me how many goals the Habs would have scored if Markov had not been on the ice for those 13 goals?

Old
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
From what I recall Eller and McQuaid started roughing up each other and Prust jumped on Lucic to prevent him from also going after Eller. But I could be wrong.

Either way unless the enforcer was on the ice at that time it's very unlikely that Prust wouldn't have gotten into that fight because it was a heat of the moment fight. A heavyweight would at best only prevent "staged" fights and/or revenge fights for something that happened in the past.
But, if we had an enforcer, would Eller have been on the ice for that shift?

Would McQuaid be in the penalty box for having fought our enforcer on the previous shift?

Trying to rewrite history based upon a supposition is the funniest exercise in futility that I have seen on this board in a long time.

Quote:

And Chara was one punch away from sidelining our most physical DMan for the season.

Hate to tell you, we are already one of the most penalized teams in the League. And we are winning........no?

Old
03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

It's so painfully obvious that many of our fans don't have a clue how hockey and intimidation in hockey works... I, for one, am happy that this management, unlike the previous one(s), does understand. Players sure do.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:31 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
Lucic
Laughable. Prust fought Lucic when Mike Rupp was on the same team as him and previously when Derek Boogard was on the same team as him.

Are you not counting Rupp or Boogard as heavyweights?

Old
03-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Unless we're going to consistently send our enforcer out against the top opposition lines, yes.

Quote:
Would McQuaid be in the penalty box for having fought our enforcer on the previous shift?
No, since when does McQuaid fight enforcers?

Old
03-15-2013, 02:26 AM
habfaninvictoria

We're winning hockey games against tough teams without a heavyweight.

Would it be nice to have a heavyweight.... sure, but not at the expense of a real player.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:03 AM
rafal majka

Quote:

Trying to rewrite history based upon a supposition is the funniest exercise in futility that I have seen on this board in a long time.

And Chara was one punch away from sidelining our most physical DMan for the season.

Hate to tell you, we are already one of the most penalized teams in the League. And we are winning........no?
The Habs are winning without your coveted goon.......no?

End of argument - you lose.

Closed Thread