HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

name the team that has changed the most so far

Old
07-30-2006, 06:49 AM
Jeffw-13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastb View Post
Don't forget:

In: Ray Shero, Chuck Fletcher
Out: Craig Patrick, Mario Lemieux (from a controlling position), Greg Malone, Joe Mullen, Rick Kehoe, and many others

The team may not be completely different on the ice, but the whole organization will be almost completely new from here on out.
...Tarnstrom, Jackman, Palffy, Boguniecki, Pirjeta, Poapst, Odelein, Endicott........

Jeffw-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:06 AM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

the canucks

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:27 AM
TheDanceOfMaternity

I think no. 1 is the canuck, but let me take a look at the sharks for a second. I swear in a few weeks, they are now a team full of grit and power forwards; exactly what wasn't present last May.

OUT: Sturm, Stuart, Primeau, Langfeld, Dimitrakos, McCauley, S. Thornton, Ekman, Preissing, perhaps a goalie soon.

IN: Thornton, Nieminen, Grier, Brown, Bell, and Bernier and Carle joined down the stretch of the season.

TheDanceOfMaternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:35 AM
wukwinn

Send a message via AIM to wukwinn Send a message via Yahoo to wukwinn
Minnesota Wild:
In:
Demitra, Parrish, Johnsson, Carney, Radivojevic, Nummelin(?)
Out:
Kuba, Tjarnqvist, Chouinard, Zyuzin, Henry, Wanvig

wukwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Poochie_D

Vancouver followed by Minnesota.

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Pens75
Pens Fan Since 1975

Quote:
name the team that has changed the most so far
Penguins win this one hands down...

- GM
- players
- ownership
- coaches
- staff

Pens75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 01:17 PM
chuckie

Canucks easily, I live in Van and am shocked at this team, this team looks like a farm team/grinders with a little talent sprinkled in the mix. We have no scoring wingers other than naslund, the chemistry with carter/sedins is gone. Look at the canucks top 4 dmen----ohlund, salo,mitchel, bourdon? Salo is made of glass, bourdon is unproven, yikes...the canucks are going to have to play the trap and rely on luongo to steal them 15 games. they should of hired J LeMaire as coach...nasty just nasty..........we have no depth either since half the farm team is playing on the big team lol....

chuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Foy

Every time I turn around, someone else wants out of Edmonton, or is signing somewhere else. Aren't they up near a dozen people leaving?

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 01:51 PM
vbet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommieHunter View Post
Every time I turn around, someone else wants out of Edmonton, or is signing somewhere else. Aren't they up near a dozen people leaving?

Nah, people are overeacting because of the Pronger thing. The Edm team from the season start last year is very close to this year.

Yes they lost the late season pickups in Samsonov(basically benched in the final series), Spacek, and Tarnstrom(benchwarmer). But this is the same thing as other teams. I don't see anyone here screaming Carolina is now doomed because the rental players of Weight, Recchi, Cullen bolted out of Raliegh faster than a speeding bullet.

Edmonton did lose Pronger which hurts but the rest are fine to say goodbye.

1) Dvorak underavchieved with injuries all year. (didnt play in the playoffs except 1 game)
2) Ulanov finally got put out to pasture as he didnt fit into the new NHL. (Never saw the ice in the playoffs)
3) Peca was a target all year as an underperfomer at 4 million. He played awesome in the playoffs but he is welcome to leave.

Really it's not that many changes but people will always have fun making jokes at Edmontons expense. It's okay, we might be a sleeper this year again, just the way I like it. The funny thing is we needed Peca and pronger out just to pay our new salaries to get players wrapped up for multi year deals. The core is set for several years. If Pronger stayed we would have lost a couple players.

Last edited by vbet*: 07-30-2006 at 02:04 PM.
vbet* is offline   Reply With Quote