HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lars Eller is ridiculous WTF -Habs beat Sens 4-3 in SO

Old
03-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
We lost a skills competition, instead of winning one. Difference is, a hot goalie stood on his head last time, and we weren't half as roughed up as we were yesterday night.

But hey. Keep going!
Enough with the at the end... are you 12??? What is that supposed to add.

but otherwise I agree with with you

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Make all the excuses you want, a loss is a loss. If you want to use a hot goalie excuse, you have to also acknowledge the fact that Lehner played great last night as well and kept the sens in the game.

Habs weren't any more roughed up than they usually are. Like I said, Prust is a key part of this team and would like him back sooner rather than later, but the overreaction to his injury was over the top, it went as far as some suggesting that he was the reason for the Rangers success and that his loss would be the downfall of the Canadiens.

He's a great player, but the Canadiens have enough depth to shoulder his loss.
Pun intended, naturally.

As for Prust's influence on a team's success, where are the Rangers now despite their adding Nash to Gaborik and Richards?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:01 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Make all the excuses you want, a loss is a loss. If you want to use a hot goalie excuse, you have to also acknowledge the fact that Lehner played great last night as well and kept the sens in the game.

Habs weren't any more roughed up than they usually are. Like I said, Prust is a key part of this team and would like him back sooner rather than later, but the overreaction to his injury was over the top, it went as far as some suggesting that he was the reason for the Rangers success and that his loss would be the downfall of the Canadiens.

Last game against Ottawa with Prust in:

Ottawa Hits: 34
Montreal Hits: 28

Yesterday's game against Ottawa, Prust out:

Ottawa Hits: 39
Montreal Hits: 18

We were not any more roughed up/outmuscled than we usually are? That's news to me.

The huge difference, is that we gave up a 2 goals lead this time, that we almost lost a guy in Ryder after yet another hard hit. that Neil was running around like a mad man after the whistles, and that - oh yeah - won a skills contest.

Saying that we could win on the long-term by playing this kind of hockey is living in serious denial.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:04 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Enough with the at the end... are you 12??? What is that supposed to add.

but otherwise I agree with with you
Have you read the first post of this guy? He clearly has an agenda against Prust. Suggesting multiple times he could be a buyout option in the offseason, and now, focusing only on the fact that he's not been in the lineup in recent losses to make a point. He accuses people of cherry-picking and of going all over the top because of an injury to Prust, still, he has no trouble doing exactly the same on the other side of the fence. That's hypocritical. You would expect better from a guy blaming this kind of "behavior".

Of course, nobody would have this discussion if Moen could get his head out of his ****ing ******* and play the kind of hockey he's paid to play. And if White didn't have a bipolar neurological disorder.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Pun intended, naturally.

As for Prust's influence on a team's success, where are the Rangers now despite their adding Nash to Gaborik and Richards?
They lost Prust, Anisimov and Dubinksy and replaced them with Halpern, Pyatt and Asham. The former trio are not only excellent two-way players but they provide much better secondary scoring depth than the latter trio. Rangers right now are depending too heavily on Richards and Gaborik to score. Nash has done quite fine.

Last edited by Andy: 03-14-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Andy

Quote:
Have you read the first post of this guy? He clearly has an agenda against Prust. Suggesting multiple times he could be a buyout option in the offseason, and now, focusing only on the fact that he's not been in the lineup in recent losses to make a point. He accuses people of cherry-picking and of going all over the top because of an injury to Prust, still, he has no trouble doing exactly the same on the other side of the fence. That's hypocritical. You would expect better from a guy blaming this kind of "behavior".

Of course, nobody would have this discussion if Moen could get his head out of his ****ing ******* and play the kind of hockey he's paid to play. And if White didn't have a bipolar neurological disorder.
When did I ever say I wanted Prust to be bought-out? I bet you 20,000$ that I never ever suggested we buy out Prust. Seriously, go find the post where I said the Canadiens need to buy out Prust. I bet you can't.

I bet you can't even find a post of mine where I claim Prust is useless. You are telling other people to read when you don't even do so.

I said:

1. Prust is an important part of the team
2. I hope he isn't out too long
3. People over-exaggerated when he got injured
4. Habs have more than enough depth to shoulder the loss right now

How that in your equates to me hating on Prust is beyond me. I have nothing against Prust, just showing how absurd it was to suggest that he was the reason for this team's success and that we would falter without him, which actually people suggested would happen.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:13 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:

Toeing the Gauthier line.

I do understand how you fail to see the value that Prust brings to this team.

And you could not be more wrong in your assessment.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:17 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
The Rangers folly wasn't missing out on Prust, but trading the depth for Nash and not signing Prust. Nash is a great player, but he can't replace 3 roster spots.
I agree.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:30 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
When did I ever say I wanted Prust to be bought-out? I bet you 20,000$ that I never ever suggested we buy out Prust. Seriously, go find the post where I said the Canadiens need to buy out Prust. I bet you can't.

I bet you can't even find a post of mine where I claim Prust is useless. You are telling other people to read when you don't even do so.

I said:

1. Prust is an important part of the team
2. I hope he isn't out too long
3. People over-exaggerated when he got injured
4. Habs have more than enough depth to shoulder the loss right now

How that in your equates to me hating on Prust is beyond me. I have nothing against Prust, just showing how absurd it was to suggest that he was the reason for this team's success and that we would falter without him, which actually people suggested would happen.
Quote:
Don't worry, Prust in due time will enter the conversation. People thought Moen at 1.5 was overpaid and wanted to move him because of it.
Most of the time the other one suggesting that was the user Phil Parent... I might have misread a couple of his posts and thought you wrote them for some reason...

Old
03-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Andy

Quote:
Most of the time the other one suggesting that was the user Phil Parent... I might have misread a couple of his posts and thought you wrote them for some reason...
That's not me saying we should buy him out. That's me saying that eventually Habs fans will whine about Prust's salary like they eventually do with every other salary and want him bought out. With the obsession of cap space on this board, if Prust ever slows down, we'll have an explosion of threads asking for him to be gone. Thanks for taking out of context though.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
That's not me saying we should buy him out. That's me saying that eventually Habs fans will whine about Prust's salary like they eventually do with every other salary and want him bought out. With the obsession of cap space on this board, if Prust ever slows down, we'll have an explosion of threads asking for him to be gone. Thanks for taking out of context though.
The only explosion of asking for him to be gone will be from people who do not understand the concept of intangibles and what certain players bring to the ice that leads to winning..........despite not seeing a statistic for it.

You know those types of people, right?

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:02 PM
TennisMenace

VERY VERY glad to see Lars take the shoot out. He is sooooooo talented with the stick. I hope I never see Gionta ever again.

TennisMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:37 PM
groovejuice

Quote:

We were not any more roughed up/outmuscled than we usually are? That's news to me.

The huge difference, is that we gave up a 2 goals lead this time, that we almost lost a guy in Ryder after yet another hard hit. that Neil was running around like a mad man after the whistles, and that - oh yeah - won a skills contest.

Saying that we could win on the long-term by playing this kind of hockey is living in serious denial.
To balance your argument, the Habs also had a few more PPs due to the nature of those hits.

An improved power play would more than offset a difference in hits.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:01 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

Hmm..Didn't we lose the last game versus Ottawa with Prust in the line up?

Prust is a key player, he fills a much needed role. That doesn't mean we'll suddenly start sucking with him out of the lineup.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Bullsmith

Prust was a great signing. He's a role player but a very very good one. I hope he w overs fully and soon. In the meantime, White and Moen need to step up, but haven't. And yet the team keeps winning. I give a lot of credit to the coach. He's got this team playing the best hockey I've seen from the Habs in years. To me that's the big story of the season so far.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:46 PM
NewHabsEra*

Personally I see Eller as a very similar Mikko Koivu type of player..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:06 PM
Craig71

I see Lars Eller as an Eller type of player and I also see many so called debate champions on this site. Lets just keep it cool, I am on so many ignore lists it does not matter.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:06 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Laying in bed watching the shootout with my girlfriend.. I said "We will lose when Gionta comes out as the 3rd shooter."

When Eller came out.. I knew we would win.

Finally, Therrien has seen the light.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Quote:
I no longer think that, for the record.

He's worth his money. He's better than he was with New York and if he had been ONLY as he was in New York he would have been worth his salary.

As long as he plays like this, I'd be on board to give him the captainship even, if Gionta leaves or whatever. He's all you want in a hockey player. The kind of player that wins cups.

Phil Parent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Personally I see Eller as a very similar Mikko Koivu type of player..
He's exactly the comparison I had in mind

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:24 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
To balance your argument, the Habs also had a few more PPs due to the nature of those hits.

An improved power play would more than offset a difference in hits.
Really? It's like saying that when your warship takes a shelling it's offset by having the opponent expend more ammunition.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Prust was a great signing. He's a role player but a very very good one. I hope he w overs fully and soon. In the meantime, White and Moen need to step up, but haven't. And yet the team keeps winning. I give a lot of credit to the coach. He's got this team playing the best hockey I've seen from the Habs in years. To me that's the big story of the season so far.
White and Moens are less talented hockey players than Prust, who can fill in on the 2nd line at times of need.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Laying in bed watching the shootout with my girlfriend.. I said "We will lose when Gionta comes out as the 3rd shooter."

When Eller came out.. I knew we would win.

Finally, Therrien has seen the light.
Finally, Therrien has seen the light?

Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Eller are our most successful (and most used) shootout players. Assuming they keep it up, Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Eller is a very solid 1-2-3 combination.

Therrien knows where he is going; there is nothing, thus far, worthy of a “finally” in his decisions.

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:47 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Finally, Therrien has seen the light?

Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Eller are our most successful (and most used) shootout players. Assuming they keep it up, Galchenyuk, Desharnais and Eller is a very solid 1-2-3 combination.

Therrien knows where he is going; there is nothing, thus far, worthy of a “finally” in his decisions.
Yes, finally. Gionta should always be your last bet, only ahead of grinders and shut down D. No reason he should ever be in the rotation.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:47 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I no longer think that, for the record.

He's worth his money. He's better than he was with New York and if he had been ONLY as he was in New York he would have been worth his salary.

As long as he plays like this, I'd be on board to give him the captainship even, if Gionta leaves or whatever. He's all you want in a hockey player. The kind of player that wins cups.
but you have to wonder: with his long and relatively expensive contract, what will happen if his performance starts to dip? you can bet your ass half the board will go into bipolar mode and want to trade the guy. guy's plays hard as hell too i mean, how long could he keep it up? moen was that guy and now he seems to have checked out. it happens...

edit: now with content

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 03-14-2013 at 10:54 PM.
MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote