HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Carolina//Calgary -- Blockbuster

Old
03-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Hockyluv21

vCash: 500
To me, a trade I would attempt to do with the Flames is a straight swap: Ryan Murphy for Mark Giordano. The rationale is simple: the Canes need defensive help now and for the next three years + (Giordano has three more years left on his contract), and the Flames need a young, NHL-ready asset on their blueline. The perfect hockey trade, IMO, very similar in concept to the Jack Johnson/Tim Gleason swap from a few years ago.

PS. The other player that I was proposing of offering Murphy to (but in a package instead of a straight swap) was to the Coyotes for Keith Yandle. The only way trading such a valuable asset like him makes sense is if we can acquire a defenseman with 3+ years left on their deal.

Hockyluv21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:08 PM
jeromeo87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
To me, a trade I would attempt to do with the Flames is a straight swap: Ryan Murphy for Mark Giordano. The rationale is simple: the Canes need defensive help now and for the next three years + (Giordano has three more years left on his contract), and the Flames need a young, NHL-ready asset on their blueline. The perfect hockey trade, IMO, very similar in concept to the Jack Johnson/Tim Gleason swap from a few years ago.

PS. The other player that I was proposing of offering Murphy to (but in a package instead of a straight swap) was to the Coyotes for Keith Yandle. The only way trading such a valuable asset like him makes sense is if we can acquire a defenseman with 3+ years left on their deal.
It's not an awful idea.. I still think Carolina would rather deal McBain.

jeromeo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:57 PM
FLAMES666

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo87 View Post
It's not an awful idea.. I still think Carolina would rather deal McBain.
Calgary needs to get a big physical D man, we have Wideman signed long term and Brodie is very offensive himself. If we get rid of Gio we need a big physical D man coming back. The trade is fair just not what the Flames should be looking for.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Noori

vCash: 763
Done, where do I sign?

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:07 PM
Since1989
Bring Back Sjostrom

If Calgary and Carolina become trading partners I'd want Rask to come back as part of the package. But I just don't see Iginla waiving his NMC to go to Carolina - no offense.

Since1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:41 PM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 50
If you want both of those players Murphy is coming back the other way. Won't give away our two best pieces for a quantity trade.

Murphy + Dalpe + 1st + 2nd '14

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Roboturner913
Bros Before Ahos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1989 View Post
If Calgary and Carolina become trading partners I'd want Rask to come back as part of the package. But I just don't see Iginla waiving his NMC to go to Carolina - no offense.
You're talking about a 35-year-old forward who is likely to turn righyt back around and sign with the Flames again. Rask is a no-go.

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Since1989
Bring Back Sjostrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
You're talking about a 35-year-old forward who is likely to turn righyt back around and sign with the Flames again. Rask is a no-go.
Where in my post did I mention it would be just Iginla going to Carolina? I said trading partners, not "if it's just Iginla traded..." Did you read the OP? Giordano was also in the proposal. Outside of Rask/Murphy and maybe Dalpe, there is nothing I want from the 'Canes in terms of prospects

Since1989 is offline   Reply With Quote