HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Top 3 favorite users on this board?

Old
07-30-2006, 02:47 PM
xander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransportedUpstater View Post
I may not be a Ranger fan, but I did have season tickets at Lynah from 1999-2003.

So I should be considered "on par" with you intellectually.

Also, Harvard sucks.
The intelectual superiority comment had more to do with my natural arrogance than college hockey affliation. As rule I choose to believe that I'm smarter than everyone, even if the reality of the situation shows otherwise.. I find that self delusion and an artificially enflated ego provide me with far more happiness than fairness and rationality.

But being Lynah Faithful does indicate an extreemly high level of both inteligance and attractiveness.

Hell, you had tickets for a longer span of time than I have (and who knows if I'll even survive the next ticket stampede, I had bruises for a week after last year.)

And of course Harvard sucks. Thankfully, now that Dom Moore has been traded, my beloved rangers are now longer tainted, unless Dylan Reese shocks us all in training camp.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Edge

I'm kind of uncomfortable with this whole thing to be honest.

There are lot of people's who posts I'll read whenever I can and I know if I named them I'd still forget someone.

But if I had to pick 3 that standout I'd probably say I remember my discussions with TB, Fletch and Jon Prescription the most.

But (not to sound like I'm running for office or anything) there are a lot of very good posters on these boards and I've seen a lot of rookies come in here who came in with chips on their shoulders who became very appreciated contributers.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Edge

On further thought I don't want to be included in any vote tallties for the Top 3 Favorite users.

I appreciate that people actually don't mind listening to me, but I just would really prefer not to have a ranking like that with me included.

Perhaps we can change the thread to more of a people's personal thoughts on who they talk to enjoy, or connect with the most on here?

Old
07-30-2006, 03:49 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
i dont like any of you.
i agree ...

seriously though I love everyone on this board.. wasnt for you guys...umm, id be on the internet a lot less

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I surprise myself by posting in this thread, but instead of listing three favourites, I'll list some folks I appreciate on the boards for different reasons:

Edge, of course because of his insights, but also because he welcomed me to the boards quite warmly when I first started posting;

Melrose because of our shared interest in motorsports;

Davisian because he makes me laugh my rear end off;

Klingsor because he can appreciate Antonín Dvořák as well as Radek Dvorak (though I don't truly know if he's a big fan of either...);

And Trottier, Kvashinator and Lou is God for being fans of our bitter rivals who can actually come over here and have intelligent conversation.

I'm not leaving anyone out, this is not a list of faves, because I love all of you guys and gals.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 04:28 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Well this was sure a...unique topic

I guess I just name a few get along with the best and who for the most part I agree with a lot: MisterUnspoken, Balej20, Draft Guru, and Jon (especially away from the Ranger board)

I like RangerBoys posts though because I know my Ranger news is waiting for me on this board every morning when i wake up

Though I like everyone here of course (Wow did i just use the heart smilely? )

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 04:52 PM
islesantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I'm kind of uncomfortable with this whole thing to be honest.

There are lot of people's who posts I'll read whenever I can and I know if I named them I'd still forget someone.

But if I had to pick 3 that standout I'd probably say I remember my discussions with TB, Fletch and Jon Prescription the most.

But (not to sound like I'm running for office or anything) there are a lot of very good posters on these boards and I've seen a lot of rookies come in here who came in with chips on their shoulders who became very appreciated contributers.
Hey Edge, if you are so uncomfortable with this whole thread, why would you rate your three favorite posters?

Last edited by islesantos: 07-30-2006 at 05:23 PM.
islesantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:04 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Aneirin holy old skool!

If we are going back to the hay days, then it's got to be Aneirin, Giacomin, Lanches, pasha, Luc_Robitaille, and DawnTreader. where are my old message board buddies? PM me if these are you!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransportedUpstater View Post
I may not be a Ranger fan, but I did have season tickets at Lynah from 1999-2003.

So I should be considered "on par" with you intellectually.

Also, Harvard sucks.
Screw BU, Hahvahd, too!

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:27 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Aneirin was pretty much the man. I think he posts on other Ranger boards though.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Well this was sure a...unique topic

I guess I just name a few get along with the best and who for the most part I agree with a lot: MisterUnspoken, Balej20, Draft Guru, and Jon (especially away from the Ranger board)

I like RangerBoys posts though because I know my Ranger news is waiting for me on this board every morning when i wake up

Though I like everyone here of course (Wow did i just use the heart smilely? )
Hey thanks FLY for the mention!

And yes, you did just use the heart icon, lol.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102 View Post
Hey bro long time no see..i'll vote for you!
My man Lundy! Hey, we should meet up sometime while im up at school this year.

Old
07-30-2006, 06:04 PM
in the hall

there are a lot of great posters on this board.. pretty much everyone makes this place great

i'll name flyline because he is always putting a great effort into his threads and it's something i really appreciate since i always make use of them and it's always with a lot of interest

most the regulars know they're appreciated.. i'm glad to be here, i just hate that this is apart of HF because the people running the boards suck in my opinion but our mods make it easy to forget and do a great job

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 06:30 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
there are a lot of great posters on this board.. pretty much everyone makes this place great

i'll name flyline because he is always putting a great effort into his threads and it's something i really appreciate since i always make use of them and it's always with a lot of interest

most the regulars know they're appreciated.. i'm glad to be here, i just hate that this is apart of HF because the people running the boards suck in my opinion but our mods make it easy to forget and do a great job
Hey, in the hall, me and you go way back, chatting on the boards during class last year, haha good times.

Old
07-30-2006, 07:25 PM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Hey, in the hall, me and you go way back, chatting on the boards during class last year, haha good times.
haha yeah.. and in 4 more week's i'll be at it again

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
haha yeah.. and in 4 more week's i'll be at it again
Ugh, don't remind me...My final 2 semesters of my college career are going to be living hell.

Old
07-30-2006, 08:28 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Mine too, don't feel bad.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 09:18 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
college is wayyyy better than being home.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 09:21 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I just want to see who is the most liked person here on this board. Ill add the names up and see who gets the most votes after a few days. If your not named on someone's list, dont fret, its only some online board.

Mine (in no order) :

1. FlyLine88 (overall good poster)
2. BigCanada77 (He agrees on most of my posts LOL)
3. Shadowtron (he thinks exactly like me)
haha Niceee, and true that.

I'd have to go with
FLYline - man's dedicated.
RangerBoy - man's dedicated.
JOrtmeyer41 - die hard.

Extreme honorable mention to Bluenote13. He fell out of the top ten around the time the World Cup ended. Materazzi deserved it.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by islesantos View Post
Hey Edge, if you are so uncomfortable with this whole thread, why would you rate your three favorite posters?
While uncomfortable, I don't think it's a mortal sin or anything. In my follow-up post I kind of explained that hopefully it becomes more of a "Who do you talk to" rather than a ranking/poll type situation.

But just like prospect rankings, I'll dive in for the heck of it. Not like it's going to keep me up nights, I'd just rather not be included in the poll itself.

Old
07-31-2006, 08:31 AM
DarthSather99

This is a somewhat rediculous post but I will take advantage of it for a certain reason.

1. FlyLine88 - tremendous job in maintaining the Ranger prospect thread in a time when we all are very interested in their progress. GREAT JOB Fly.

2. Moderators - for keeping these boards in line. This is one of my favorite sports boards you make it so.

3. Leslie Treff - Finally we have a writer representing us. For spending time on something that I'm sure she probably doesn't get paid much for (goes for the two above also).

4. All users - I refuse to boost someone's ego or diminish another's contribution. You ALL are the heart and soul of what makes these boards great. Even though sometimes I want to reach through the screen and grab someone's neck, I usually end up looking at things from a different perspective. But I am still right !

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCanada77 View Post
JOrtmeyer41 - die hard.
Is that a description, or a suggestion?

/teasing, of course.
//or not.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Skroob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Ugh, don't remind me...My final 2 semesters of my college career are going to be living hell.
And the best time of your life. Thesis was the most brutal experience you could imagine, and i would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Guess thats why i went back and did grad school.

Damn, the only option i have left now is my PhD, but that aint the same.

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 09:18 AM
Fletch

I don't like to choose favorites...

because there are posters I like in here for different reasons. Some posters I just like because I think they're down to earth. Some I like to go back and forth with on issues because it keeps me honest, as it never hurts to here the other side. And others are guys I know I can go out and get a beer and enjoy a game. No need to name names or break it down to a top 3. I think most know who they are.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 09:39 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I think most know who they are.
I KNEW it. You like Pasha too, don't you?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote