HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

All Purpose EJ Thread *Read Mod Warning # 1 & 34*

Old
03-14-2013, 10:33 PM
iceberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
No with the emergence of Pietrangelo they were able to trade him for a weakness, which was a goalscoring forward and a PMD.

We traded good pieces for a #1 defenseman we needed.

This is what they got.
CORRECTION... we traded for a POTENTIAL # 1 defenseman we needed... EJ was not the Blues #1 defenseman... he did not develop as the Blues expected and lost ice time with the emergence of Pietrangelo.

We traded for a struggling former #1 pick hoping that a change o scenery would make him fulfill his potential... hasn't happened yet.

iceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:37 PM
Balls on the table!

vCash: 140
You guys are blaming this crap on EJ?

18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:39 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
You guys are blaming this crap on EJ?
Blaming EJ, where you read that?!

Old
03-14-2013, 10:42 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
CORRECTION... we traded for a POTENTIAL # 1 defenseman we needed... EJ was not the Blues #1 defenseman... he did not develop as the Blues expected and lost ice time with the emergence of Pietrangelo.

We traded for a struggling former #1 pick hoping that a change o scenery would make him fulfill his potential... hasn't happened yet.
Yeah potential #1 defenseman, we all agree with that. Do you also remember all the talk about how Blues failed picking Pietrangelo because he was progressing how they hoped? And out of nowhere one season he just exploded.

Also I am pretty sure Blues could use EJ on their roster more than Stewart right now. Their coach is the reason why they're bubbling right now.

Also saying he didn't develop is pretty over exaggeration, he lost one full season due to a freak ACL injury and when he came back was already lower on the depth chart and was struggling, but he didn't struggle his WHOLE career in St. Louis. Like I said he was traded due to the factors of Pietrangelo emerging and filling out weaknesses.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
Balls on the table!

Quote:
Blaming EJ, where you read that?!
Seemed like he was getting some heat in the Gameday thread and here. Maybe I should have responded in the Gameday thread.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:43 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

wasn't*

Old
03-14-2013, 10:52 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Yeah potential #1 defenseman, we all agree with that. Do you also remember all the talk about how Blues failed picking Pietrangelo because he was progressing how they hoped? And out of nowhere one season he just exploded.

Also I am pretty sure Blues could use EJ on their roster more than Stewart right now. Their coach is the reason why they're bubbling right now.

Also saying he didn't develop is pretty over exaggeration, he lost one full season due to a freak ACL injury and when he came back was already lower on the depth chart and was struggling, but he didn't struggle his WHOLE career in St. Louis. Like I said he was traded due to the factors of Pietrangelo emerging and filling out weaknesses.
I'm not mad at EJ, and i think he can and will be more productive. But IMO, we overpaid... the package we gave up is the kind of package you give up for a established #1, not a potential #1.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Balls on the table!

Quote:
I'm not mad at EJ, and i think he can and will be more productive. But IMO, we overpaid... the package we gave up is the kind of package you give up for a established #1, not a potential #1.
True, although I am still on the side of the fence that says "wait and see" about the trade. I think the best is yet to come from EJ.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
All Purpose EJ Trade Thread

The Greg Sherman Thread seems to have been overrun with people wanting to discuss the EJ/Stewart trade...and believe it or not, some other posters would like to visit the Sherman Thread and not have to wade through that entire debate. So THIS thread will be Sticky'd for the time being to continue that discussion, and will be Sticky'd until such a time that the Mod's decide that it's not needed anymore.

I made this separate thread because I thought that Foppa2118 did a really nice job with the Sherman thread, and was tired of seeing that one constantly being turned into an EJ Trade discussion thread.

Posts that add NOTHING to the discussion, like "EJ Sucks", "Stewart Sucks", etc. will be considered Spam (adding to Post Count) and will be Infracted accordingly.

Rest assure, if I interpret posts as Trolling/Flaming/etc. there will be NO Warnings given, only Infractions, take a look at how Foppa and ABasin are talking to each other, sure they disagree w/ one another, but they're keeping it civil and are using valid arguments to back/state their cases

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles

Last edited by RockLobster: 03-15-2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Added Mod Warning
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:04 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Oh I know you're not.

Yeah I am with 18007, we still have to wait and see. Don't get too hyped and eager when Blues fans post, "We wonzzz, lol" and "Stewartzzz is amazingzzzzz".

EJ > Stewart
Siemens = Rattie (can't determine until they play some games)
McClement < Shattenkirk

I do agree that we should've gave something else besides Shattenkirk, but we should wait until Elliott and Barrie become NHL ready.

If we had to trade Shattenkirk, I think we should've gotten someone younger back like Cole, Polak, or Schwartz. Though I do understand fully why Avs wanted and needed McClement. It is just some bad luck that he decided to move closer to home.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
I agree with this hot chick.

Quote:
Robin Carlin @carlinrobin
Did tonight's Avs win prove just how vital Erik Johnson is to the blueline? Will it silence his critics?
https://twitter.com/carlinrobin/stat...49628127866880

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
An even worse idea. Now not only will we have our fans posting the same crap over and over again but we'll also have other fans coming in.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
An even worse idea. Now not only will we have our fans posting the same crap over and over again but we'll also have other fans coming in.
Agreed, like we needed another place to read whining posts about EJ.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Report the posts for trolling and RL will deal with themz.

Old
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
It seems the EJ trade is a historical trauma that some feel the need to constantly revisit. Might as well have a thread for it.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It seems the EJ trade is a historical trauma that some feel the need to constantly revisit. Might as well have a thread for it.
I guess but I doubt this will stop people from posting about the trade in every other thread.

Bubba and RL are gonna have to move a lot of posts around if they want it all contained in this thread.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Makes sense if we have a PAP, Duchene, and even McGinn thread, that we have an EJ thread.

I think my main gripe right now is in the way he's being used. Pairing with Zanon!? Are you kidding me!?

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:24 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

RL you should make a Mod note in the title about posting meaningful dicussions and any,

"EJ suckz, you got hosedzzzz"

"Shattenkirk kicks EJ's butt"

posts will get a 5 point infraction.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Can't we call it just the "All Purpose EJ Thread?" I don't mind discussing his actual play on the ice as well, y'know.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:32 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
I was tired of sifting through the Sherman thread wading through all of the EJ stuff.

@SEPH, ideally I'd like my post to be moved to the top, but I don't know how to do that. I'm in bed now, on my phone, I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Last edited by RockLobster: 03-15-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old
03-14-2013, 11:34 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Can't we call it just the "All Purpose EJ Thread?" I don't mind discussing his actual play on the ice as well, y'know.
Noted, if one of the other Mods doesn't change it, I'll do it in the morning, but I can't do that from my smartphone

Old
03-14-2013, 11:45 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
ABasin... I have one question for you. What was the last team to build their defense around a one dimensional offensive defensemen to win the cup?

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:47 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

For some reason I thought this was an EJ trade proposal thread

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:51 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
They also had one of the best defensive d-man in Scuderi, they had prime Gill and Orpik and the two of the best players in the world.

Tampa is the team that fits best as the answer to that question.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:20 AM
Foppa2118

Ha, I don't remember creating this thread. Seems to be missing a couple posts too. Perhaps for the better.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote