HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Jets 3/14/13 - Tort-O-Rella

View Poll Results: Star of the Game?
New York Suckers 14 12.17%
Suck York Rangers 7 6.09%
New Suck Rangers 18 15.65%
Suck Suck Suckers 76 66.09%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Placid

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Agreed. Team hydration just hasn't been the same with the loss of Gatorade Cooler #2.
lol, good one

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Heyoooo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
The problem here is outside if Nash, Hank (sometimes), Callahan, Hagelin, and Stepan, the Rangers are either A. underperforming (Gaborik, Richards, defense, Del zotto's offense, etc) or B. They have guys who simply belong on a 4th line (pyatt, Boyle, powe, etc) or C. They are relying on guys who simply aren't ready to really contribute in the NHL right now (Miller). You can say lets trade Gaborik or Richards etc but odds are you're not going to get the kind of talent you want back. If the Rangers are going to go ANYWHERE, its going to be because gaborik and Richards found their game. Its pretty much that simple.

Agreed, and Hank aint getting any younger.

I doubt anyone will take Richards contract for a trade, and Gaborik will surely be moved for some futures, if he is.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:02 PM
Maaxse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
The problem here is outside if Nash, Hank (sometimes), Callahan, Hagelin, and Stepan, the Rangers are either A. underperforming (Gaborik, Richards, defense, Del zotto's offense, etc) or B. They have guys who simply belong on a 4th line (pyatt, Boyle, powe, etc) or C. They are relying on guys who simply aren't ready to really contribute in the NHL right now (Miller). You can say lets trade Gaborik or Richards etc but odds are you're not going to get the kind of talent you want back. If the Rangers are going to go ANYWHERE, its going to be because gaborik and Richards found their game. Its pretty much that simple.
Agreed. Unless we go for an absolute steal, I don't see how a trade is going to help a team that lacks offensive chemistry.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:03 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Miller is plenty ready to contribute. He easily is one of our best players at controlling the puck and skating through the traffic. He can enter the zone better than most guys we have and make a play. He absolutely does make some real boneheaded plays that lead to turnovers but we happen to have one of the top goalies in the league. We should be focusing on going all out for offense and letting Lundqvist bail us out as necessary rather than trying to help him out and stifling the offense when he doesn't need the help anyway. You would think we have some awful goalie playing the one we play - trying to play so defensively and preventing shots from getting through.

SA16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Yep, let's just gloss over those handful of games where he only has 2 SOG and even has games without even 1.
Do you understand what the word average means?

Old
Petey Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaxse View Post
His name is PR Guy.

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
His name is PR Guy.
French Canadian employee.

Pierre Rene Guy.

Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Miller is plenty ready to contribute. He easily is one of our best players at controlling the puck and skating through the traffic. He can enter the zone better than most guys we have and make a play. He absolutely does make some real boneheaded plays that lead to turnovers but we happen to have one of the top goalies in the league. We should be focusing on going all out for offense and letting Lundqvist bail us out as necessary rather than trying to help him out and stifling the offense when he doesn't need the help anyway. You would think we have some awful goalie playing the one we play - trying to play so defensively and preventing shots from getting through.
I agree, but I still think he has a LONG way to go and would benefit from being back in the AHL.

He hasn't scored in what? Over a month?

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Do you understand what the word average means?
Great. One game he'll get 6-7 shots on goal. Other games, 0-2.

7.5 million great at work.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
His name is PR Guy.
Works for me

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:06 PM
Heyoooo*

Really impressed with Miller's poise with the puck, and hes got some ballsy moves, especially under Torts, but hes cost us some major chances at key times.

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

I love Prust. I love Duby and Arty. But no way do i take those players back and let go of Nash. Nash is an elite force and one that this teams needs. Those missing depth players aren't what's wrong with this team. We have the pieces to dominate but absolutely no chemistry or confidence.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:08 PM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Really impressed with Miller's poise with the puck, and hes got some ballsy moves, especially under Torts, but hes cost us some major chances at key times.
His so called puck poise and ballsy moves doesnt take away the fact that he is a turnover machine and he doesnt score either

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:08 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Agree on Miller. I'm quite high on the kid after watching him play night in and night out. Let him continue develop. He's coming along slowly, but the signs of improvement are there.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Agree on Miller. I'm quite high on the kid after watching him play night in and night out. Let him continue develop. He's coming along slowly, but the signs of improvement are there.
When do you think Kreider should be brought back up?

Old
03-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Petey Pucks

I wish they could clone Cam Neely in his prime somehow and put him on this team...along with perhaps one or 2 more clones from the past in the 90's? suggestions are welcomed

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:13 PM
SA16
Two by two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Great. One game he'll get 6-7 shots on goal. Other games, 0-2.

7.5 million great at work.
And do you understand variance? You don't just go 3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3 that's not how it works. If you flip a coin 100 times do you expect it go HTHTHTHTHT etc..? It goes something more like HHHTTHTHTTTHHTHTTTTTTTHH etc.. if you assume H is good when it goes something like TTTTTTTT or w/e is the coin bad? Is it broken? No longer good and you might as well get rid of it?

Do .250 hitters in baseball go 1/4 every game? Or do they go maybe some games 2 hits, some games 0 hits, some games 1 hits etc.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:14 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I love Prust. I love Duby and Arty. But no way do i take those players back and let go of Nash. Nash is an elite force and one that this teams needs. Those missing depth players aren't what's wrong with this team. We have the pieces to dominate but absolutely no chemistry or confidence.
Hagelin - Richards - Jagr
Nash - Stepan - Callahan
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Prust
Powe - Boyle - Mitchell

What could have been, and in my opinion would have us sitting in 1st right now (without cap problems)

03-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
I wish they could clone Cam Neely in his prime somehow and put him on this team...along with perhaps one or 2 more clones from the past in the 90's? suggestions are welcomed

Old
03-14-2013, 11:15 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
The guy scoring in your avatar.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:16 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
And do you understand variance? You don't just go 3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3 that's not how it works. If you flip a coin 100 times do you expect it go HTHTHTHTHT etc..? It goes something more like HHHTTHTHTTTHHTHTTTTTTTHH etc.. if you assume H is good when it goes something like TTTTTTTT or w/e is the coin bad? Is it broken? No longer good and you might as well get rid of it?

Do .250 hitters in baseball go 1/4 every game? Or do they go maybe some games 2 hits, some games 0 hits, some games 1 hits etc.
My bad. Who knew consistency would be such a difficult concept for our "deadly" sniper. And you're seriously equating hitting a baseball to getting a SOG?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Hagelin - Richards - Jagr
Nash - Stepan - Callahan
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Prust
Powe - Boyle - Mitchell

What could have been, and in my opinion would have us sitting in 1st right now (without cap problems)
How would we get Nash without giving up Dubinsky and Anisimov?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Say what you want about Dubi, but I've yet to see a player on this year's squad that will stand up for a teammate like he did. We played more like a team with Dubi and Arty.

Cally, Dubi, Arty, Girardi, Staal - all homegrown players who were integrated into the team from 2007 -2009. It's good to have that familiarity and cohesiveness on a team, we lost a bit of that this year. Hopefully Miller, Kreider, McIlrath, etc. will have that sort of camaraderie some day.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
When do you think Kreider should be brought back up?
Honestly? I'd say he should be brought up in time for the game against the Pens.

I'm not sure, but I remember reading that he's been good for the Whale thus far. The Rangers could use a scoring touch and speed on the wing, and he'd probably be energized from the promotion. Maybe he could catch lightning in a bottle and start potting some goals. I'd welcome any lineup shift at this point.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
How would we get Nash without giving up Dubinsky and Anisimov?
We have apparently made a pretty lateral move in Gaborik for Nash.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote