Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 07:33 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Not sure what roster player Boston would move in an Iggy trade but trade speculation has hit Krecji and Peverley before.

Now I don't think Boston would want to move Krecji in an Iginla trade as it's a lateral move but what if Calgary added a center like Stajan or Cammy to somewhat replace Krecji?

But more likely I could see Peverly as the roster player, Spooner or Kokhlachev as the prospect and a 1st pick for Iginla. Maybe we throw in someone like Butler, Smith, Jackman, Jones etc.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:37 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Weiss is out for the season and is a UFA this offseason.
Right - I knew that.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:21 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
What do you guys think of Kipper for Neuvirth? Neuvirth needs a change of scenery and could be a starter.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:41 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
What do you guys think of Kipper for Neuvirth? Neuvirth needs a change of scenery and could be a starter.
I don't wanna see kipper on a team like the Caps. They've been brutal this year. We at least owe it to the guy to send him somewhere he can win.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:44 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
I don't wanna see kipper on a team like the Caps. They've been brutal this year. We at least owe it to the guy to send him somewhere he can win.
We don't owe him anything, we aren't going to get anything of value from a contending teams as they don't need goalies.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:01 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
The Hawks could potentially be interested in Kipper, but only if one of their goaltenders struggle in the coming weeks. The Lightning present a potential target as well, perhaps with Lindback's struggles, Yzerman might decide to invest in a temporary veteran stopgap like Kiprusoff. And then there's the Coyotes, who could be very interested in Kipper's contract if they remain in Phoenix and Smith doesn't re-sign.

As for Neuvirth, he and Ramo could present an interesting tandem next season. But I'd want more than just Neuvirth - maybe if the Caps threw in a pick, at least a 3rd, or a mid-level prospect.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:16 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
We don't owe him anything, we aren't going to get anything of value from a contending teams as they don't need goalies.
So after all he did for this organization since 2003-2004 you would approve dumping him on a brutal team like the caps? And if he doesn't get value from contending teams I would be more than happy to see him wear the flames jersey again and mentor our own young goalies instead of Washingtons.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:23 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
So after all he did for this organization since 2003-2004 you would approve dumping him on a brutal team like the caps? And if he doesn't get value from contending teams I would be more than happy to see him wear the flames jersey again and mentor our own young goalies instead of Washingtons.
This logic is why we will never rebuild, he was a great player but it is time to move on.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:25 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
The Hawks could potentially be interested in Kipper, but only if one of their goaltenders struggle in the coming weeks. The Lightning present a potential target as well, perhaps with Lindback's struggles, Yzerman might decide to invest in a temporary veteran stopgap like Kiprusoff. And then there's the Coyotes, who could be very interested in Kipper's contract if they remain in Phoenix and Smith doesn't re-sign.

As for Neuvirth, he and Ramo could present an interesting tandem next season. But I'd want more than just Neuvirth - maybe if the Caps threw in a pick, at least a 3rd, or a mid-level prospect.
I think a 2nd is the most we could get for Kipper, no way we get a 3rd + a young nhl goalie.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:59 AM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post

Really? I'd take Neuvirth and run with it. That would be a solid return for Kipper.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:15 AM
TheHudlinator

Does anyone know if Bud Holloway is a UFA or still LA's property?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11620

He would be perfect for this team.

Old
03-15-2013, 06:07 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
We aren't trading him to the Oilers or Islanders, he would be going to a capable team that could use a steady presence between the pipes.

Cheer for the name on the front, not the back. We don't "owe" Kipper anything. He has been great for us over the years, but if you can get solid asset(s) in return for him then you do it.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 487
Quote:
Not like he's been playing for free or something, he's been well compensated, after "all he's done"...

Old
03-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Nordberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Cheer for the name on the front, not the back. We don't "owe" Kipper anything. He has been great for us over the years, but if you can get solid asset(s) in return for him then you do it.
Pretty much this. The team goes before the individual, always. Otherwise you end up like Ken Holland's Wings having Cleary in your lineup over Tatar even though your team can't buy a goal.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Flames92

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418232

Quote:
"I think if he's made available, keep an eye on the Stanley Cup champion LA Kings; Daryl Sutter obviously has that relationship with Iginla from his Calgary days," LeBrun said. "I think Jonathan Bernier is someone the Kings would be willing to dangle in a trade for Iginla."
This is the 2nd person that considered the Flames going after Jonathan Bernier. Would you guys do it? I personally would want to see what we got in Ramo first. The same uncertainty with Ramo can be said about Bernier in which his stats might be inflated because he usually plays against the weak teams. Also, with Gillies ripping it up in the NCAA I would rather we trade Iggy for future considerations (preferably at the center position).

Old
03-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
This is the 2nd person that considered the Flames going after Jonathan Bernier. Would you guys do it? I personally would want to see what we got in Ramo first. The same uncertainty with Ramo can be said about Bernier in which his stats might be inflated because he usually plays against the weak teams. Also, with Gillies ripping it up in the NCAA I would rather we trade Iggy for future considerations (preferably at the center position).
Also saw this story and was quite appalled at the idea of trading for ANOTHER goaltender. Let's just have some faith in Rämö. We have two promising prospects as well, focusing on improving our goal depth of all things would be moronic looking at our C and D positions.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:25 AM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
Also saw this story and was quite appalled at the idea of trading for ANOTHER goaltender. Let's just have some faith in Rämö. We have two promising prospects as well, focusing on improving our goal depth of all things would be moronic looking at our C and D positions.
Especially since Bernier is not proven himself.. The best example I can think of is Anders Lindback. He was doing great in Nashville then got traded to Tampa and is now struggling. If we're going to trade Iginla I doubt it would be for a goalie.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=418232

Lebrun suggested (At least this is what I heard this morning on a replay of Insider Trading) that the Flames would have to add a draft pick to the trade if it was to work. So Iggy and a pick would go for Bernier.

That's no way to run a rebuild so hopefully Feaster would say no to that trade.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
Lebrun suggested (At least this is what I heard this morning on a replay of Insider Trading) that the Flames would have to add a draft pick to the trade if it was to work. So Iggy and a pick would go for Bernier.

That is sickening.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:56 AM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:

No way. I like the deal for sure but L.A. has to add because Bernier is not experienced. What about a deal like this:

To LA:
Iginla
Giordano

To Calgary:
Bernier
Martinez
1st round pick

Last edited by tyflames: 03-15-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old
03-15-2013, 11:20 AM
FlamesFreak4
Sven'sational!

What about moving Giordano to Carolina...
somthing like McBain and a 2nd round pick?

Pittsburgh i think would benifit from adding to their 3rd line.
Stempniak for a 2nd round pick.

Anyone think its possible to work a deal with Boston around Iginla and Marchand?
Imagine Marchand playing the canucks on a regular basis

Old
03-15-2013, 11:30 AM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 907
Quote:
No way. I like the deal for sure but L.A. has to add because Bernier is not experienced. What about a deal like this:

To LA:
Iginla
Giordano

To Calgary:
Bernier
Martinez
1st round pick
They don't have their 1st this year... Columbus owns it. Martinez doesn't really do anything for me.

To LA:
Iginla
Giordano

To Calgary:
Bernier
Forbort
Pearson

Essentially it's Giordano for Bernier, and Iginla for Forbort + Pearson.

This would be a significant upgrade for the Kings, and bring in young players/prospects that are ready/developed now! It also allows the Kings to retain their number one prospect in Toffoli

Old
03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Mike Jones

Quote:

To LA:
Iginla
Giordano

To Calgary:
Bernier
Martinez
1st round pick
The more I hear about the different Iggy scenarios the more I wonder if they can get a first for him. If Feaster asks for a player and/or prospect in addition to a pick then the most I can see coming back is a 2nd.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Flames92

Quote:
The more I hear about the different Iggy scenarios the more I wonder if they can get a first for him. If Feaster asks for a player and/or prospect in addition to a pick then the most I can see coming back is a 2nd.
Since we're in a shortened season with some very tight standings, there will be a lot more teams that believe they can make the playoffs in comparison to a regular season where the standings are more spread out come deadline. With that in mind should be a lot less sellers and more buyers this time around so I could very well see a nice bidding war should Iginla be a rental so I don't think the standard 1st+prospect is out of the question.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:40 PM
TheHudlinator

Seeing as we won't do a burn it down rebuild what about
Gio for Flippula + Quincey?

Tanguay - Stajan/Backlund - Iginla
Hudler - Flippula - Cervenka
Glencross - Stajan/Backlund - Cammy
McGrattan - Begin - Aliu

Jbo - Brodie
Quincey - Wideman