HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds@Nucks 3/14: "Tanking 2.0: Something Fishy"

Old
03-15-2013, 12:22 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
BTW, Smith is 10th on the team in time on ice, so he's not getting top line minutes, he's getting 4th line minutes the only one saying he's playing in the top 6 is byrddog.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:23 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
It's been this way all season. He's a momentum killer.
he was our best forward the first 10 games or less. he has sucked something awful lately.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:23 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
they want bourque + ellis + 1st ... i wonder what deal has more value to actual GMs .. bourque, ellis, 1st or smith, blum, 1st (disregarding team needs)
Bourque and Ellis are better than Blum and Smith, not really even close.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:26 AM
Byrddog

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
BTW, Smith is 10th on the team in time on ice, so he's not getting top line minutes, he's getting 4th line minutes the only one saying he's playing in the top 6 is byrddog.
He had 17:09 tonight second to erat, look at his minutes over the last 11 games you will see the increase from earklier in the year.

If you want to know his worth put him out there on the trade thread. not in a package and see what others think.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:28 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Bourque and Ellis are better than Blum and Smith, not really even close.
id had assumed ellis > blum ... smith > bourque ... in terms of value. i like bourque more and am starting to think he could be a legit 2nd line winger long term for us.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:32 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
He had 17:09 tonight second to erat, look at his minutes over the last 11 games you will see the increase from earklier in the year.

If you want to know his worth put him out there on the trade thread. not in a package and see what others think.
He did more with his time tonight than Erat did for sure.

He was 4th in ice time tonight behind Fisher, Legwand and Erat, since he was the 3rd line center this makes sense. He had 4 shots on goal, which led the forwards. So say what you want but he's getting chances.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:34 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
id had assumed ellis > blum ... smith > bourque ... in terms of value. i like bourque more and am starting to think he could be a legit 2nd line winger long term for us.
I think Bourque is going to be a good hockey player, he has nice hands around the goal for sure, maybe only second to Hornqvist in that regard.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:37 AM
Byrddog

Quote:

He was 4th in ice time tonight behind Fisher, Legwand and Erat, since he was the 3rd line center this makes sense. He had 4 shots on goal, which led the forwards. So say what you want but he's getting chances.
I stand corrected. I will admit when im wrong. I did not even look at Leggy or Fish. But his ice time has increased in the last 10 or 11, Hes not playin 4th line minutes any longer and the results are no different.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:49 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
im okay with the loss. i personally want us to tank it.
I've been fine with a tank job since this joke of a mini season started.

Oh, Erat was beyond awful with his turnovers, passing to neverland. Legwand really pissed me off on their breakaway out of the sin bin goal. He decides to try to pass it laterally across like 2 or 3 Nucks and it obviously doesn't make it through, no where close really, and basically assists on that goal for them.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:53 AM
klt2001

Quote:

I think the point he is making is Smith may be making chances but at the end of the day he isn't scoring. I personally don't care who our best forward is so long as someone is scoring and our team is winning. Obviously tonight wasn't too much of an issue about just scoring though since we scored enough goals in this game to win under normal circumstances but about winning as a team and being good in all areas of the game (offense/defense/goal tending/PK, etc.) and that includes not letting the other team score, turnovers, taking more shots on net, keeping the puck in the opponent's end of the ice and not ours, etc. Too many mistakes and problems in all areas of their game lost us this game not just one.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-15-2013 at 02:48 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:55 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klt2001 View Post
I think the point he is making it Smith may be making chances but at the end of the day he isn't scoring.
I'm a firm believer in keep shooting, they'll eventually fall. Getting a shot on goal in the NHL is the hardest part.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:59 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
I stand corrected. I will admit when im wrong. I did not even look at Leggy or Fish. But his ice time has increased in the last 10 or 11, Hes not playin 4th line minutes any longer and the results are no different.
So give the forwards who aren't even shooting more time?

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:00 AM
cleangene

1 forward with a shot on net in the first period. 1 forward. 1 forward. 1 forward with a shot on net for the first period for a supposedly major pro hockey league team. 1 forward with a shot on net in an entire period for a supposedly major pro hockey league team. Luckily one of those from that 1 forward went in. Of course, that forward would still be in the minor league system if others had not been injured. That about says everything that needs to be said for this team.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:03 AM
thecloser

I'm not a huge proponent of Smith but atleast he's shooting. We've got SK74 over here just dicking around on the PP when he has wide open shots. I'm tired of his **** and want him gone.

I've been preaching how awful Hannan is and tonight he proved it. Simply put he's just not good. Thank God it's only a one year contract. Move him for a pick, I don't even care just get rid of him. As much as I want to see Blum packaged up and traded for a scoring forward, I'd rather have Blum with Ellis and Hannan gone or call up Ekholm or something, just anything but #22.

Liked the tenacity from Clune at the beginning of the game and Klein for that matter but it all wore off as the game continued. Clune didn't play too much, not saying he should have with an offensive game such as tonight but he atleast plays with heart every single second his skates hit the ice.

Bourque is gonna be real nice for us and in no way should we ship him out for anyone and I think management would feel the same way. 8 goals and leading the team, he's nice. Fisher gets hated on all the time and I don't really see an issue with him. I know he's not a first line center by any means but he has done more recently than most of the vets.

Sell these men:
Hannan
Gill
SK
Blum

On another note, Pekks is great for like 4 games and then he just sticks his head so far up his own *** that he ****s the bed when we really need points. Blahhhh

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:06 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
1 forward with a shot on net in the first period. 1 forward. 1 forward. 1 forward with a shot on net for the first period for a supposedly major pro hockey league team. 1 forward with a shot on net in an entire period for a supposedly major pro hockey league team. Luckily one of those from that 1 forward went in. Of course, that forward would still be in the minor league system if others had not been injured. That about says everything that needs to be said for this team.
4 goals scored, all by forwards. Scoring and offense were not the problem in this game.

I'm done for the night.

I don't even know if some of you watched the game...

Old
03-15-2013, 01:13 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Out of hand just about as much as the folks that keep preaching hes a top 6 guy. A few facts Smith is 23 played two years of college hockey ( which is not the best option to develop players) He played 0 time in the AHL he was selected 4th round 98th overall. He had 36 points as a rookie that got everyone all horny here that hes the next Hart trophy winner. He has failed miserablly this year, it does not matter that the rest of the top forwards have been poor were talking about a guy thats way over his head and will most likley be out of hockey in two years. I think my evaluation of him his skill and longevity in the league is alot closer than anyone weho thinks hes a top 6 guy.
Yeah he is 23. So? Again not every guy comes into the league and steps in flawlessly. You are exaggerating what people have said about him and I'm sorry but if you can't recognize his obvious talent That says a lot of about your evaluation of hockey player's attributes. He may not make it the NHL. That is yet to be determined. But it won't be because a lack of talent. The guy has good size, great skater, will work hard, hard snap/wrist and Slapshot, good hands, not great vision with regards to passing but adequate. The guy easily has top 6 potential. It's not a question of talent with Smith it's a question of can he put all those skills he has together and be a productive player at this level.

Obviously you have some bias against Smith cause to say he will be out of hockey in two years is laughable. Guys with talent like that always get 2nd or 3rd chances with other teams. Thank goodness the coaches can see the obvious potential with Smith and are being patient with him in what is a semi-transitional season. If he can put it together he will be part of the young core we have developing for a long time.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:19 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Yeah he is 23. So? Again not every guy comes into the league and steps in flawlessly. You are exaggerating what people have said about him and I'm sorry but if you can't recognize his obvious talent That says a lot of about your evaluation of hockey player's attributes. He may not make it the NHL. That is yet to be determined. But it won't be because a lack of talent. The guy has good size, great skater, will work hard, hard snap/wrist and Slapshot, good hands, not great vision with regards to passing but adequate. The guy easily has top 6 potential. It's not a question of talent with Smith it's a question of can he put all those skills he has together and be a productive player at this level.

Obviously you have some bias against Smith cause to say he will be out of hockey in two years is laughable. Guys with talent like that always get 2nd or 3rd chances with other teams. Thank goodness the coaches can see the obvious potential with Smith and are being patient with him in what is a semi-transitional season. If he can put it together he will be part of the young core we have developing for a long time.
When its all said and done this will be how Smith is remembered.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNmFDR5mmU

Old
03-15-2013, 01:22 AM
predfan24

Another thing on Smith is he is 3rd in shots on the team while being 17th, read that agian SEVENTEENTH, in ice per game. He is creating and getting shots and while I grant you he may never become an elite finisher his shot is way too good to have the puck not go in more often if he keeps firing. His shooting % is way low right now at 5.5 compared to other guys like Wilson and Bourque who are over 20%. If this was a regular season we wouldn't even be that close to halfway through the year. In most seasons these stats would average out.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:23 AM
predfan24

Quote:
When its all said and done this will be how Smith is remembered.

Not worth discussing this with you as obviously your mind is made up.

Old
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
No I agree our top forwards need to be taking more shots on net......of course if they didn't turn over the puck so much and would pass the puck better to each other they might get more of those chances at net instead of the puck ending up on our end of the ice. But that requires team effort and not just one player to get that done cause if you are depending on one player to be your answer to the Preds woes I think you will be sadly disappointed. We just don't have that kind of player on this team except Colin Wilson is the closest to that this year. This team wins by committee if they win so they need all areas of their team playing well (offense, defense, goaltending, PK, etc) to win.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-15-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old
Byrddog

Quote:
Another thing on Smith is he is 3rd in shots on the team while being 17th, read that agian SEVENTEENTH, in ice per game. He is creating and getting shots and while I grant you he may never become an elite finisher his shot is way too good to have the puck not go in more often if he keeps firing. His shooting % is way low right now at 5.5 compared to other guys like Wilson and Bourque who are over 20%. If this was a regular season we wouldn't even be that close to halfway through the year. In most seasons these stats would average out.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Nitrous Mafia

so, i didnt miss anything, eh

Nitrous Mafia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:34 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Nobody is saying Smith isn't good. He does have alot he adds to this team. I like that he is making chances at least, taking shots, and working hard...which is more than what some of the other forwards are doing......just would like him even better if he scored on those chances is all and was better defensively.....especially if you are wanting him as a top forward.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-15-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old
03-15-2013, 01:55 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Sell these men:
Hannan
Gill
SK
Blum
I agree to everything you say except Gill. Gill is slow but I think our D has taken a bit of a hit without him, atleast our PK.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:58 AM
Webersmashpuck

I'd venture to say that without Erat and Hannan we win this game. Ellis was not that great either and will get the brunt of the blame from Trotz unfortunately, though I will say he deserves a benching as well but Hannan was much worse.

My god Erat was bad, the first PP unit looked good til Erat would turn the puck over.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote