HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

NICK DIAZ vs GSP UFC 158

Old
03-15-2013, 02:03 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

vCash: 500
st-pierre is going to absolutely pick him apart...he's going to DEEEEEESSSTROY him.....gsp won't let his emotions get the better of him in the stand up....but i can see now....an absolutely relentless gsp the moment nicks back hits the floor.....i predict a tko

dreamingofdrouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:21 AM
Bieber fever

Thing is Diaz is not very an intelligent personn.

But can't blame him to try every silly antics to get a fight against GSP for dat PPV money

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:22 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
How can he be a pot head if he has enough drive to train for an MMA title fight?
i'm not really into MMA, (saw GSP at work last week, that was kinna cool though), but as a pothead, it is known that he is a big smoker and has fought and won stoned. LOL. his uncle was on joe rogan experience podcast telling stories about nick.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:28 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Watched the Diaz-Condit fight again.

I felt Condit didn't set the pace but still responded better.

As usual, Diaz complained at end of the fight and suggested he was done with MMA. lol

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:29 AM
DJ Breadman

Gsp should kill this guy, I don't even know why he is in the ufc it's not based on his fighting skill I guess it's cause he sells to the mogoloids. He is super overrated really really stupid rambles on about stuff that doesn't make any sense and has failed multiple drug tests. If it is ever going to be a legit sport this is the kinda idiot that needs his walking papers

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:39 AM
25get

I looked at GSP while Diaz was talking.
In this press conference, Diaz had the upper hand...

We will see if this is enough to win against GSP...
Seems Dana White is looking to help Diaz...

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:44 AM
25get

This feels like Bute-Froch.

Seem this board has lost respect for Diaz.
Usually, it means that people have lost respect.

This is bad news... Please show some respect.
I want GSP to win but this thread shows not respect for an opponent who could win.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:05 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post

I want GSP to win but this thread shows not respect for an opponent who could win.
If Diaz traps GSP he could win. Still, I can't imagine him using many leg kicks on GSP. I feel GSP would capitalize on it.

I'm far from an MMA expert but I try to keep up with GSP and events in montreal. Seems like Diaz can be dangerous if he's locked in but it's up to GSP to grind him down and make it difficult.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:07 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
If Diaz traps GSP he could win. Still, I can't imagine him using many leg kicks on GSP. I feel GSP would capitalize on it.

I'm far from an MMA expert but I try to keep up with GSP and events in montreal. Seems like Diaz can be dangerous if he's locked in but it's up to GSP to grind him down and make it difficult.
GSP is a master at taking his opponents strength and making it seem feeble. Saturday will be no different.

GSP by dominating TKO rd 3.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:12 AM
ClasslessGuy

Diaz is something.

Tremblay on radio said this morning that he talked with larouche (ref) and he said that in every fight is in (diaz) he's just screaming insult and discusting stuff from start to finish.

He has some issues.

That being said, UFC is becoming a real sport (like Boxing). I don't think this kind of show is good for the sport? I personaly don't like it but it's my opinion. UFC is not a blood, dirty, street fight sport anymore.

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:19 AM
samsquanch9*

Diaz and Hendricks are my two favourite fighters, Henricks deserved the title shot though.

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:24 AM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Gsp should kill this guy, I don't even know why he is in the ufc it's not based on his fighting skill I guess it's cause he sells to the mogoloids. He is super overrated really really stupid rambles on about stuff that doesn't make any sense and has failed multiple drug tests. If it is ever going to be a legit sport this is the kinda idiot that needs his walking papers
He's never lost a fight in the UFC that wasn't by decision... In actual talent in martial arts Diaz is one of the best in the UFC IMO. Unlike GSP he would rather put on a good fight than lay on top of a guy for 25 minutes. That said, GSP will win a boring decision.

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
He's never lost a fight in the UFC that wasn't by decision... In actual talent in martial arts Diaz is one of the best in the UFC IMO. Unlike GSP he would rather put on a good fight than lay on top of a guy for 25 minutes. That said, GSP will win a boring decision.

Against anyone else I might agree. This time things feel different, GSP has said it is personal this time. GSP will be looking to finish this guy.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
GSP is a master at taking his opponents strength and making it seem feeble. Saturday will be no different.

GSP by dominating TKO rd 3.
When's the last time this happened?
Even more so, Diaz is tough to finish. Only lost twice by TKO, once it was a Doctor stoppage in 2007, the other was a clean TKO but in 2002.

I expect GSP to win by unanimous decision, as usual.

A few years ago, when I wanted this fight to happen, I thought Diaz had a shot to beat GSP. I was really disappointed in his last fight and it's been over a year that he's fought, so I'm not giving him much of a chance.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post

but anyone who actually watch boxing without the "homeboy goggles" knew Froch was better than Bute by a clear margin

I think GSP got this

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
but anyone who actually watch boxing without the "homeboy goggles" knew Froch was better than Bute by a clear margin

I think GSP got this
You know that Bute was actually the favorite, right? And I mean not only in Quebec, but on betting websites, Vegas, most experts, etc.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
You know that Bute was actually the favorite, right? And I mean not only in Quebec, but on betting websites, Vegas, most experts, etc.
Yes he was the favourite, but while Bute fought bad boxers, Froch was hyping up in the super six, What most people thought was that since Bute was a southpaw it would give problems to Froch. The story told otherwise. Had Bute been in the super six tournament his fight against Froch could have had a different outcome. But true, most experts saw Bute win by a small margin

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:15 AM
ClasslessGuy

I learned to love UFC in the past 4-5 years but this whole drama/hate thing is reminding me why I didn't like WWF like all my other friends when I was yound (and the fact that it is fake)

Old
03-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
Bute had never fought someone like Froch, while GSP has won against much better fighters than Diaz.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Bute had never fought someone like Froch, while GSP has won against much better fighters than Diaz.
I wasn't talking about GSP-Diaz though. Both fight are totally different, and it's far from being a good comparison.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:31 AM
ClasslessGuy

Another thing how can Côte be 11 pounds too heavy the day before the fight...

Old
03-15-2013, 10:34 AM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Another thing how can Côte be 11 pounds too heavy the day before the fight...
He wanted to fight in Welterweight because in middleweight he felt he was getting too small.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:35 AM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
I get that wrestling isn't the nicest part on the sport since it rarely involves lots of action but still it's part ofnthe sport, that's why it's called MIXED martial arts, this is why GSP is so good he has abilities in every part of the sport. I get that boxing isn't is specialty but being trained by Roach and sparing with Bute, isn't a bad start for GSP, I don't think Diaz can dominate him standing up, maybe he's better but George can hold is own, the fight will be about one thing: Can Diaz land the surprise shot and put GSP in trouble, because if he lets GSP install his game just a little we'll get a typical GSP fight.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:51 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
i'm not really into MMA, (saw GSP at work last week, that was kinna cool though), but as a pothead, it is known that he is a big smoker and has fought and won stoned. LOL. his uncle was on joe rogan experience podcast telling stories about nick.
Point being, he is, despite being a headcase, an extremely dedicated athlete. Not a lazy recreational stoner.

Calling someone that uses marijuana for pain & stress medication a pothead is like calling someone who likes the occasional beer a raging alcoholic.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:52 AM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
He wanted to fight in Welterweight because in middleweight he felt he was getting too small.
Understand but how can you manage to be 11 pounds too heavy less than 24 hours before the weight in? It's a professional competition