HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings - Sabres Trade In Works?

Old
03-14-2013, 10:49 PM
Monarchist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Trying to fit Vanek would be the same as trying to fit Perry into our salary structure. It's possible, but we would have to dismantle a lot and downgrade significant areas. No real reason to go for it and would hurt our team overall. We might be looking for a secondary forward, but right now we should just be focused on a defenseman.
He'd be great for the PP. Net presence LW.

The problem is the length of his contract. If the Sabres kept even as much as 50% of his cap hit it wouldn't help - the issue is resigning him at the same time Brown is resigned.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
Devereau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
They have a puck stopper, he just needs to stop them (Quick).

I think it's Steve Ott that the Kings want. He's a guy that can play LW/C and has the ability to put up good #'s offensively.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Penner ++ for Ott.
Keep dreaming we just got Ott and we like him

Devereau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:16 AM
McArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Probably something like Stafford for Penner.
That's about as lateral as lateral gets.

McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:08 AM
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14

Guys, Regehr will not be traded, I can almost guarantee. He waived his NTC to come to Buffalo and will almost assuredly will be winding down his hockey career here. He's gone fishing with my father and is trying to buy a boat for lake erie. It would be idiotic for Darcy to trade him, that just makes us look like a disloyal and stupid franchise.

CraniumCram is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:24 AM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
It would be idiotic for Darcy to trade him, that just makes us look like a disloyal and stupid franchise.
It wouldn't be disloyal or stupid at all. The only way Regehr can be traded is if he agrees to waive his NTC. It's in his hands.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:25 AM
wunderpanda

Vanek for Kopitar would be fine with me. Getting sick of people trying to rip off small market teams around here.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:04 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Vanek for Kopitar would be fine with me. Getting sick of people trying to rip off small market teams around here.
That's great, but Kopitar is going nowhere. The Kings would be a terrible team without him.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:10 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
I'm a big fan of Vanek, think he's great, but I'd never do that trade.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:27 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Guys, Regehr will not be traded, I can almost guarantee. He waived his NTC to come to Buffalo and will almost assuredly will be winding down his hockey career here. He's gone fishing with my father and is trying to buy a boat for lake erie. It would be idiotic for Darcy to trade him, that just makes us look like a disloyal and stupid franchise.
I would like to say its only for 3 months max and a chance to play for a stanley cup. He can always return there as a free agent or somewhere close to there. I think it wouldnt be a case of being disloyal to him in fact just the opposite it would should they care to get him a shot at the cup. Its not like hes any in 5 years now. Also im sure any playoff money would go along way to getting a boat. Imo it shows class getting a player a chance to play on a playoff bound team.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Regehr is on the Craig Rivet track. His game has taken a toll on his body, his knees are going, and I'd be shocked if he's still in the league five years from now. He should take every opportunity he has at playing for a Cup. And, as the other posted suggested, he can return to Buffalo (hopefully at at steep discount from his current salary) this summer if he likes it so much there. Regier should be begging him to waive his NTC, as he's likely our best trade deadline asset.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:51 AM
Perro

Quote:
Post like this really derail threads.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
In a world where we ignore cap hit you can say that. But when your semi-premium player makes a full mil over what he's worth and only has a year and a few months left, don't expect full price in trade value, let alone triple price in Kopitar.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
In a world where we ignore cap hit you can say that. But when your semi-premium player makes a full mil over what he's worth and only has a year and a few months left, don't expect full price in trade value, let alone triple price in Kopitar.

Have you been out of touch to trade deadline deals involving players who are UFAs at the the end of the year or the following year?

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote