HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Classy Radio Caps fans

Old
03-15-2013, 05:57 AM
SkinnerStaal

vCash: 500
Classy Radio Caps fans

www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2013/03/13/alex-semin-gets-wake-up-call-from-elliot-in-the-morning-audio/

The caps may be right up there with the slugs and devils now in hatred....

SkinnerStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:26 AM
rocky7
Run 'n' Gun

vCash: 50
disgusting display which is apparently allowed!!!!

Reading their board, there is no doubt that there are some there (the most active and usually the same ones. Likely the minority of Caps fans) that are indeed classless. Specifically stating intent to injure Canes players, run the goalie, goon it up, smash Semin, etc., etc.. I was under the impression that some of this talk violates the rules of this forum, however, the mods are right there. Some have even changed their avatars to fighting, etc.. Jealousy comes to mind with several other adjectives. IMO, they should be warned or infracted. There is no need for that on this forum. The radio prank was complete BS and it makes me wonder why the Canes didn't have security measures in place to prevent such crap from those boneheads. They better now. IMO, they are fixated on Alex Semin in an almost pathological lunacy. They complain about the toxic and incompetent organization and are treating Ovechkin like their next scapegoat while continuing to support the team. Wanting change but being a part of the problem. I AGREE AND ENDORSE THIS THREAD WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!!. Angry about their behavior. The fans talk about Alex O. in the same ways as Alex S. and talk about the problems they see that are exactly the same but evidently don't even see the parallels. Some post in contrast to these guys and are immediately attacked. The decent fans therefore, don't post. These guys are not representative of Caps fans in general IMO. Just loudmouths, unthinking, goons.

Last edited by rocky7: 03-15-2013 at 07:37 AM.
rocky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:26 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

That's just mean-spirited. Where's the funny part?

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:47 AM
rocky7
Run 'n' Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
That's just mean-spirited. Where's the funny part?
Not getting your post. I have never heard nor read such crap from Canes fans. Even when talking about rivals such as the Devils, there is nothing even close to what some of the Caps fans are posting. There is nothing funny about that behavior IMO. Like I said, some of their posts seem to violate forum rules (intent to injure, etc.). Why are the mods not intervening? This has nothing to do with last nights game loss. That behavior has been going on for quite some time. Why?

Old
03-15-2013, 07:54 AM
geehaad

I believe he's talking about the phone call to Semin.

Also, to you specifically, I'd recommend never going to another team's board without the sole intent of finding something funny to laugh at. You will mostly never enjoy your ventures into those distant lands if your mind isn't right to begin with.

And, for my money, I don't want to hear about how asinine other people are on the Internet. That's always been a target-rich environment, so it's pretty amazing to me when people are shocked to discover as much.

geehaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:34 AM
normalpsychology

disgusting, disgraceful, pathetic, and immature. they should reevaluate their life choices.

normalpsychology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:57 AM
rocky7
Run 'n' Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by geehaad View Post
I believe he's talking about the phone call to Semin.

Also, to you specifically, I'd recommend never going to another team's board without the sole intent of finding something funny to laugh at. You will mostly never enjoy your ventures into those distant lands if your mind isn't right to begin with.

And, for my money, I don't want to hear about how asinine other people are on the Internet. That's always been a target-rich environment, so it's pretty amazing to me when people are shocked to discover as much.
Your assessment is of course correct I know. However, some of what has been said there is quite off base for any format IMO. I know the post was about the prank call but, I believe it can be seen as an extension of the disrespect displayed on the other board.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:14 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky7 View Post
Not getting your post. I have never heard nor read such crap from Canes fans. Even when talking about rivals such as the Devils, there is nothing even close to what some of the Caps fans are posting. There is nothing funny about that behavior IMO. Like I said, some of their posts seem to violate forum rules (intent to injure, etc.). Why are the mods not intervening? This has nothing to do with last nights game loss. That behavior has been going on for quite some time. Why?
I was talking about the phone call. It barely even qualified as a prank -- nothing funny happened, there was no "gotcha" moment. Semin picked up the phone, didn't recognize the person, and hung up.

Listening to a DJ laugh hysterically at that is painful, because you know he's being instructed to laugh and lead the audience. There was nothing to laugh at. It was just an awkward 15-second conversation where nothing substantial was said. And beyond being unfunny, it was just a mean-spirited idea in the first place. Why are they continuing to mess with this guy? The whole thing just felt so embarrassingly amateur.

As for GDT behavior, my suggestion would be to stay out of other teams' GDTs the same way they generally stay out of ours. Part of the reason they exist is to channel emotional reactions away from opposing fanbases and keep it all "in house". If the mods on that board don't see a problem with something that's being said, there's a good chance it's because it isn't causing a problem within the scope of that board. And there's always the "report" button if something goes way over the top.

tarheelhockey is online now   Reply With Quote