Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2013, 10:21 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Looks like you danish players are on a roll in the last few days.
Well personally im happy with Eller and Hansen atm

Boedker and Nielsen have dissapointed me.

Larsen & Regin well, I have been dissapointed with their season, but not their performance.

As for Nielsen, I think he has more value than I give him credit for.. He is a big presense on and off the ice. But as for his +- stats and his point tally, im a bit dissapointed.

A 2C should be able to contribute more.. I think if Islanders got a true 2C and bumped Nielsen to 3C he would have more room to do what he does best and thus excel again

Old
03-10-2013, 01:01 PM
Bank

Great to see Frans Nielsen getting back on the score sheet. Islanders is actually close to being in the hunt for the Playoff for the first time in years To go around the other Danes - yes quite a few are looking to be in for a good season.

Haven't watched Boedker play for a couple of games now - but unless his game has changes he's a very complete player right now IMO. He is the most productive forwards on what could be a playoff team. Don't know if any Dane has ever done that before?

Eller has survived the emerge of Galchenyuk and Gallagher and his value is perhaps higher than ever. The hopes that he'll be a 2C in the near future has been rekindled. Still caught in a numbers game in Montreal but his odds are better then ever this year. It also looks like Montreal could return to the Playoffs.

Jannik will be Jannik. He's gotten hot around the birth of his sons. Hope the two things has nothing to do with each other, and that he continues to contribute. Also for the sake of Vancouver - Kessler seems to have one of the those years where even a tumble can end the season. So secondary scoring will be needed. Vancouver will be Vancouver and it looks like another Playoff run for Jannik Hansen.

Peter Regin is healthy. Hasn't lost games due to his shoulder. That's all. He's is quietly moving forward. Right now I'd bet he'll be in the NHL next years and for years to come. Coming into this season that would be a great conclusion so let's hope that's what it'll be. On the flip side a lot of depth players has been great in Ottawa. Spots aren't gonna come easy next year. Injuries aside Ottawa looks like they'll hit the Playoff again. Regin has done well in the PO before. Lets hope he goes on beast mode again.

Philip Larsen is having a rough year. IMO he's been the worst Dane this year. The second year after a great rookie year can be hard. He doesn't seem to fit very well with the priorities of Glen Gulutzan. So he'll need to stabilize his position on the team. Dallas' chances of getting back into the playoffs is better than last year IMO but right now they are on the outside looking in(If you count pts% they're in )

Frederik Andersen is doing GREAT in the AHL. And Oliver Lauridsen got his first goal recently.

So we could end the year with 4-5, perhaps even 6 Danes in the playoffs. One of them being his team most productive forward. That's ONE HELL OF A YEAR if it comes true. So yeah so plenty of reasons to be positive about the Danes in the NHL(And the AHL for that sake)

Old
03-10-2013, 01:33 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Boedker has been bumped to second on his team after OEL

Just for nitpickings sake

I think my dissapointment stems from my expectations to Boedker.

I honestly think he has world class hands and speed, so ive always expected him to maybe break the 50 point barrier.

Id love to see him with a high scoring team... I think he could crack 70pts on such a team.

Ofcourse I am being a little harsh, as 16 points is good on a Western Team coached by Tippet.

But it's not really the point totals, but rather the lack of goals, because he also has a stellar shot..

As per the yotes board, his lack of using his shot, is one of the hinders to him only being at 4 goals so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise I agree with you It's looking good so far. We might soon get to see the SC trophy in Denmark

But, this is bad news for team Denmark ....

Old
03-10-2013, 03:50 PM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Boedker has been bumped to second on his team after OEL

Just for nitpickings sake

I think my dissapointment stems from my expectations to Boedker.

I honestly think he has world class hands and speed, so ive always expected him to maybe break the 50 point barrier.

Id love to see him with a high scoring team... I think he could crack 70pts on such a team.

Ofcourse I am being a little harsh, as 16 points is good on a Western Team coached by Tippet.

But it's not really the point totals, but rather the lack of goals, because he also has a stellar shot..

As per the yotes board, his lack of using his shot, is one of the hinders to him only being at 4 goals so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise I agree with you It's looking good so far. We might soon get to see the SC trophy in Denmark

But, this is bad news for team Denmark ....
Just nitpicking... but OEL is not a forward

Numbers is important but I'd rather see Boedker playing well than him having inflated numbers. Right now he's one of the leading core of the Phoenix team. If Phoenix reaches the playoff the praise lays with OEL, Boedker, Doan, Yandle, Smith, Hanzal and Vrbata mostly. So does the blame if they don't. At the end of the seasons it's gonna come down to that.

And I would perhaps use that as a benchmark for him this year. Whether Vrbata has 20 goals and Boedker 8 or the other way around will be secondary - as long as they get to where they wanna go. But I already see Boedker as having established himself in Phoenix as a top forward... If one still have doubts about him I can see how things like goals could be a thing. But looking at the bigger picture I more than pleased

Old
03-10-2013, 04:49 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Just nitpicking... but OEL is not a forward

Numbers is important but I'd rather see Boedker playing well than him having inflated numbers. Right now he's one of the leading core of the Phoenix team. If Phoenix reaches the playoff the praise lays with OEL, Boedker, Doan, Yandle, Smith, Hanzal and Vrbata mostly. So does the blame if they don't. At the end of the seasons it's gonna come down to that.

And I would perhaps use that as a benchmark for him this year. Whether Vrbata has 20 goals and Boedker 8 or the other way around will be secondary - as long as they get to where they wanna go. But I already see Boedker as having established himself in Phoenix as a top forward... If one still have doubts about him I can see how things like goals could be a thing. But looking at the bigger picture I more than pleased
Haha oh my, I have to learn not to just skim what I read

Well you put out some good arguments, that is for sure.. I can't really argue against it, without sounding like im just doing it for the sake of arguing

Oh, im sure he has established himself, and im sure he is very much apreciated aswell. The disapointment is from me.. I guess I have no business being disapointed, But it's all in good faith.. I really rate Boedker highly!

Old
03-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Bank

Quote:
Haha oh my, I have to learn not to just skim what I read

Well you put out some good arguments, that is for sure.. I can't really argue against it, without sounding like im just doing it for the sake of arguing

Oh, im sure he has established himself, and im sure he is very much apreciated aswell. The disapointment is from me.. I guess I have no business being disapointed, But it's all in good faith.. I really rate Boedker highly!
I have no doubt it's in good faith. I would like to see him as the goalscorer as well(And I'm sure he will be within long) but I'm a team-first guy, and as long Boedker's doing great on that account, I'll settle for that

Kinda get the feeling we're in the reversed positions on Philip Larsen so I guess it's just personal nuances and expectations

Old
03-11-2013, 05:34 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
I have no doubt it's in good faith. I would like to see him as the goalscorer as well(And I'm sure he will be within long) but I'm a team-first guy, and as long Boedker's doing great on that account, I'll settle for that

Kinda get the feeling we're in the reversed positions on Philip Larsen so I guess it's just personal nuances and expectations
True, the team always comes first, no doubt

As for Phil, he is the dane ive seen play fewest times, so I have no real opinion about his play. But his season has been disapointing so far..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Losses for NYI and VAN last night Not a great game by Hansen (-2) or VAN.
Same goes for Nielsen(-3 again) and Islanders.

Habs won easily, watched the game, and Eller was once again solid..

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 03-11-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old
03-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Bank

Regin is back on ice after a upper body injury... Seems to be a healthy scratch tonight but lets see.

Old
03-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Losses for NYI and VAN last night Not a great game by Hansen (-2) or VAN.
Same goes for Nielsen(-3 again) and Islanders.

Habs won easily, watched the game, and Eller was once again solid..
Maybe it's the tight schedule that causes games where you are just not really on. Frans Nielsen have had unusually many bad - statistics games this season. It seems that as soon as the Islanders get close to hope form a playoff spot they go smashed.....but they are in a very tough division.
No points this night was really quite disappointing, but good to hear Eller continues to play well.

Old
03-11-2013, 11:36 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Maybe it's the tight schedule that causes games where you are just not really on. Frans Nielsen have had unusually many bad - statistics games this season. It seems that as soon as the Islanders get close to hope form a playoff spot they go smashed.....but they are in a very tough division.
No points this night was really quite disappointing, but good to hear Eller continues to play well.
Well as for Hansen, the whole team fell to the ground! Van haven't been able to win for a while know! The great start is completely moot now....

But yeah, something is wrong with Nielsen, but he is on ice against the top lines allot also on PK. So that could explain allot. I think allot of the D responsabilities lie with him.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Well as for Hansen, the whole team fell to the ground! Van haven't been able to win for a while know! The great start is completely moot now....

But yeah, something is wrong with Nielsen, but he is on ice against the top lines allot also on PK. So that could explain allot. I think allot of the D responsabilities lie with him.
I think I read somewhere that some Islanders fans thought he stayed very defensive and often didn't cross the blueline on attack. So maybe he is being played like a third d-man in many situations.
He has also been quite "unlucky" with his shoot%

Vancouver is certainly having some trouble right now.....unless the Sedins get up in gear they are a more average team. At least Vancouver seem to field 4 balanced lines.
But a good start is not completely moot...any point will count a long way in a shortened season.

Regin was benched last night for Ottawa and Daugavins tried a trick-goal in the shootout. Such a shame that it was read by the goalie.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Bank

Ottawa acquired Matt Kassian. A bottom six tough guy. He and Regin brings completely different things to the table but if they intend to use him, there's one less... Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:51 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
I think I read somewhere that some Islanders fans thought he stayed very defensive and often didn't cross the blueline on attack. So maybe he is being played like a third d-man in many situations.
He has also been quite "unlucky" with his shoot%

Vancouver is certainly having some trouble right now.....unless the Sedins get up in gear they are a more average team. At least Vancouver seem to field 4 balanced lines.
But a good start is not completely moot...any point will count a long way in a shortened season.

Regin was benched last night for Ottawa and Daugavins tried a trick-goal in the shootout. Such a shame that it was read by the goalie.
About Nielsen, I had thought about just that, so it could be the case.

Well Vancouver Finally won, and Hansen got an assist on the lone goal.

But, how about that Bobrovsky stealing away the G spot from Mason. WOW.

As for Boedker, looks like Tippet and him answered mine and Banks prayer.. Scored 2 beauts in the win over LA

Old
03-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Ottawa acquired Matt Kassian. A bottom six tough guy. He and Regin brings completely different things to the table but if they intend to use him, there's one less... Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
With Kassian brought in and Latendresse back from injury it looks like Regin could go further and further out of the lineup. Hopefully he can get a chance for a cheap one-year contract with another team next season, because I think Ottawa is more and more counting him out?!

Old
03-13-2013, 09:26 AM
Justinov

Quote:
About Nielsen, I had thought about just that, so it could be the case.

Well Vancouver Finally won, and Hansen got an assist on the lone goal.

But, how about that Bobrovsky stealing away the G spot from Mason. WOW.

As for Boedker, looks like Tippet and him answered mine and Banks prayer.. Scored 2 beauts in the win over LA
These two goals looked really great from Bødker! It looked confident - like when he scored for Lukko. So hopefully he is ready for a streak now!

Vancouver having trouble with Columbus, that have been playing well lately. Two points were needed for Vancouver to regain confidence and since they have to meet Columbus again!

Old
03-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Bank

Dat Boeds! 2 of the sweet ones. Hope to see more of that.

As stated Kassian and partly Latendressse brings other things than Regin to the table so this doesn't happen to mean a whole lot for Regin. Time will tell if it's a shift in priorities or just upgrades on some aspects of the game.

Last edited by Bank: 03-13-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old
03-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Bank

Eller picks up where Boedker left off... Early goal on a Ottawa team with Regin as a healthy scratch.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:52 PM
matCH penalty

Quote:
Eller picks up where Boedker left off... Early goal on a Ottawa team with Regin as a healthy scratch.
Shootout winner, six shots, and first star of the game, too.

He's cemented with Galchenyuk. There's no way MT separates those two now. Even when Prust gets back, I'd think.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
Shootout winner, six shots, and first star of the game, too.

He's cemented with Galchenyuk. There's no way MT separates those two now. Even when Prust gets back, I'd think.
So good for Eller he finally found one he plays so well with. Took some time after Andrey Kostitsyn left Montreal. With finally some confidence from coach and fans he really takes huge strides in his development right now!

Old
03-14-2013, 01:31 PM
Justinov

Let's see if the danes can continue their recent excellent performances.

NYI vs Tampa Bay: Isn't it time for Frans Nielsen to score more goals? NYI has to win this if they want to keep pace of the playoff field.

Dallas vs Anaheim: Most likely without Philip Larsen.

Vancouver vs Nashville: Nashville will be tough for Vancouver with their excellent defence. See if Vancouver actually can start a streak now?

Phoenix vs St Louis: Bødker, please continue scoring and Phoenix might get to the playoffs!

Hoping for another danish point feast.....

Old
03-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Bank

Montreal extends with Desharnais with a 4 year contract... hmmmmm... Doesn't have to be bad news for Eller but I have a hard time spinning it into good news.

Could our Montreal-go-to-guy clarify if this is a result of Montreal seeing Galchenyuk as wing more than as a center? Perhaps Desharnais as a permanent wing?

Old
03-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Bank

Great night for Jannik Hansen. 2 assist(One of them a really great one) and a nice working mans goal. Seem like some form of rotation-system where Boedker, Eller and Hansen takes turns at putting up great nights. I'm not complaining

Old
03-15-2013, 10:05 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Great night for Jannik Hansen. 2 assist(One of them a really great one) and a nice working mans goal. Seem like some form of rotation-system where Boedker, Eller and Hansen takes turns at putting up great nights. I'm not complaining
Yeah, those 3 are shining lately.

Im not that worried with Eller anymore, they seem to be happy with him in Montreal.
I think MT has plans to put Gally on the wing to lessen his defensive responsibilites, letting a bigger more proven guy like Eller take the center spot.

At least that's what I got from reading the Habs forum.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:35 AM
matCH penalty

Quote:
I think MT has plans to put Gally on the wing to lessen his defensive responsibilites, letting a bigger more proven guy like Eller take the center spot.
This sounds right. I'm not worried about Eller's place on the team anymore. Galchenyuk isn't quite ready to be a real full-time top 6 centre yet, and the two work great together.

Quote:
Could our Montreal-go-to-guy clarify if this is a result of Montreal seeing Galchenyuk as wing more than as a center? Perhaps Desharnais as a permanent wing?
I think it means for the near future we'll continue to shift one of the natural centres to wing, depending on who's hot at the moment and situational needs. The nice part about it is that as long as everyone's happy and one of the lines works, there's freedom to make it work despite having "too many" top 6 centres. This is why losing Bourque wasn't as catastrophic as it could've been.

Plekanec is going to be 31 this year and I believe DD's contract doesn't have an NMC/NTC. There will be room for Eller on the roster in his proper capacity moving forward unless something very unexpected happens.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
This sounds right. I'm not worried about Eller's place on the team anymore. Galchenyuk isn't quite ready to be a real full-time top 6 centre yet, and the two work great together.

I think it means for the near future we'll continue to shift one of the natural centres to wing, depending on who's hot at the moment and situational needs. The nice part about it is that as long as everyone's happy and one of the lines works, there's freedom to make it work despite having "too many" top 6 centres. This is why losing Bourque wasn't as catastrophic as it could've been.

Plekanec is going to be 31 this year and I believe DD's contract doesn't have an NMC/NTC. There will be room for Eller on the roster in his proper capacity moving forward unless something very unexpected happens.
As always thanks for the insight Do you expect Montreal to let Ryder walk this summer?

Closed Thread