HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Say we do indeed trade Frolov...

Old
07-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Reaper45

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Say we do indeed trade Frolov...

and it seems like a possibility since DL seemingly isn't very high on him, which is rediculous to me. But anyways, here are some of the guys I'd hope would be coming back our way should Frolov be dealt.

Note, this isn't what I think he'd go for exactly, just the guys I'd be asking for whether it was straight up or in a package deal, or the guys who would most likely be dealt for Frolov imo. Also I'm trying to keep in mind guys who would fit in with Lombardi's whole character issue/deal.

Eastern Conference
Atlanta- D BRAYDON COBURN, RW ALEX BOURRET. (Kovalchuck and Hossa aren't happening.)

Buffalo- C DANIEL BRIERE, D HENRIK TALLINDER, D DMITRI KALININ, RW JASON POMINVILLE.

Boston- D MILAN JURCINA, C BRAD BOYES, LW MARCO STURM. (obviously Bergeron is off limits.)

Carolina- D JACK JOHNSON, D ANTON BABCHUK, LW ANDREW LADD, D MIKE COMMODORE, RW JUSTIN WILLIAMS. (Staal, I wish!)

Florida- D BRYAN ALLEN, RW NATHAN HORTON, LW ROSTISLAV OLESZ, C ANTHONY STEWART.

Montreal- C CHRIS HIGGINS, D MICHAEL KOMISAREK, RW ANDREI KOSTITSYN, RW ALEXANDER PEREZHOGIN, C KYLE CHIPCHURA. (I don't know much about Kos and Perez.)

New Jersey- C SCOTT GOMEZ, D PAUL MARTIN, C ZACH PARISE, RW NIKLAS BERGFORS, C TRAVIS ZAJAC.

New York Rangers- D FEDOR TYUTIN, D MARC STAAL.

New York Islanders- RW TRENT HUNTER, LW ROBERT NILSSON, C PETERRI NOKELAINEN, RW KYLE OKPOSO, C RYAN O'MARRA.

Ottawa- RW PATRICK EAVES, D ANDREJ MESZAROS, D CHRISTOPH SCHUBERT, D ANTON VOLCHENKOV, C ANTOINE VERMETTE.

Philadelphia- C MICHAL HANDZUS, C MIKE RICHARDS, C RJ UMBERGER.

Pittsburgh- D NOAH WELCH, RW COLBY ARMSTRONG, D BROOKS ORPIK, D RYAN WHITNEY.

Tampa Bay- RW EVGENY ARTYUKHIN, RW RUSLAN FEDOTENKO, D PAUL RANGER, RW MARTIN ST. LOUIS.

Toronto- LW ROBBIE EARL, D STEFFAN KRONWALL, C MATT STAJAN, C ALEXANDER STEEN, C KYLE WELLWOOD.

Washington- RW ERIC FEHR, LW ALEXANDER SEMIN, LW MATT PETTINGER, C BRIAN SUTHERBY, D STEVE EMINGER, D SHAONE MORRISONN.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 10:18 PM
Glockaxis

I was never high on the guy either. What's hard to believe? His inconsistency and uninspired/unpassionate play seem to be his defining character. People might say, "He's still young," etc... but I don't think so. To me, he's expendable. I can see why DL tends to favor Canadien born/bred players.....they generally have that fire, passion, heart (intangibles) that players, whether skilled or not, sometimes lack.

Oh yeah, I'll take Gomez.

Glockaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I somehow doubt the Kings are going to deal Frolov who is still young for a younger package of prospects who may take longer and may or may not pan out. They'd probably do the opposite and deal him for a team looking to unload a high priced player. And Trent Hunter is not that good and there is NO WAY in hell Jack Johnson gets dealt (same with Meszaros and Boyes).

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Osprey

I found it very interesting that, during the GM breakfast, Lombardi said (I'm paraphrasing here) "do you give up a player that you have for 4 more years to get a guy who may be gone in 12 months?" The only player on the Kings who has a contract with 4 years left on it is Frolov. Of course, I understand that "4 years" was an example, but it may've been a little too specific to be just an example. It's very possible that this was an indication of the debate that's been knocked around behind closed doors. Also, I noticed that Lombardi partially covered his face with his hand and looked at the floor when the fan pleaded with them not to trade Frolov. I may be reading too much into that and it may be nothing, but there have been other clues recently that Frolov may be used as trade bait, so there may be something to these things.

Last edited by Osprey: 07-30-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 10:42 PM
jfont

Awards:
about 3 years ago at the trade board, some kings fan refused to trade frolov for kovalchuk straight up. i told him i'd trade him in a heartbeat and then some. i guess feelings have changed amoungst kings fans.

07-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Osprey

I'd like to see how Frolov does under Crawford, but I don't mind trading him. You have to get back good value, though. As much as he's knocked, Alex is good for at least 55pts each season (which is pretty impressive), making for at least 220pts over the remainder of his contract. That's quite a few points to try to make up. It's very risky to give up those 220pts for what may be only 95pts from Briere/Gomez before they walk as free agents. That's what Lombardi was talking about at the breakfast.

I think that IF Dean were to do a trade of Frolov for one of Briere/Gomez, he'd have to get a good prospect in return that might be ready to step into the NHL in a year and make up some of the offense that could be lost by Briere/Gomez walking. That would greatly mitigate the risk of the star leaving the team.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think Frolov is capable of more, but I wouldn't be TOO disappointed to see him dealt. I'd actually be more upset if they gave up Cammalleri or Brown more than Frolov. With that said, I think a player like Erik Cole would fit in perfectly with the team Lombardi is trying to put together.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:11 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
I found it very interesting that, during the GM breakfast, Lombardi said (I'm paraphrasing here) "do you give up a player that you have for 4 more years to get a guy who may be gone in 12 months?" The only player on the Kings who has a contract with 4 years left on it is Frolov. Of course, I understand that "4 years" was an example, but it may've been a little too specific to be just an example. It's very possible that this was an indication of the debate that's been knocked around behind closed doors. Also, I noticed that Lombardi partially covered his face with his hand and looked at the floor when the fan pleaded with them not to trade Frolov. I may be reading too much into that and it may be nothing, but there have been other clues recently that Frolov may be used as trade bait, so there may be something to these things.

I was thinking the same thing. LOL . And I honestly think the guy they were talking about All Show no Character was Shanhan. Because when me and orpriks43 met him at toyota sports center he was a a *****.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
All Star/No Character was definitely LINDROS, because of Hextall's prior relationship with him.

Never got the feeling that Lombardi was anti-Frolov, just aware that he runs hot and ice cold.

Also, the 4 year thing was basically about all of the young players coming up through the Kings organization who can't become UFA's until they've played 5 years pro.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Frolov for St.Louis?

Beauty, eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:21 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
Frolov for St.Louis?
Are we trying for a roster with all of our forwards under 6 feet tall?

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:29 PM
johnjm22

The context in which Frolov's name was mentioned by DL was interesting to me. No one even asked DL specifically about Frolov. DL went out of his way to talk about Fro saying, "speaking of Frolov, WE HAVE TO GET TO THIS GUY, he has to start producing more."

The tone of his voice was very strong. As if he was frusterated/annoyed by Frolov's play last year.

I got they impression from DL that he's a no BS type of guy, and he will not put up with players not giving 100%. If Frolov doesn't start working hard, and showing some hunger he will be a goner. That simple.

I theorize for the time being that MC/DL are gonna try and work on Frolov. It should be intersting to see what the results are.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:38 PM
RightKinger

If the Kings were going to trade him I would try to get a young Dman. Marc Staal and Luc Bourdon are guys I would trade Frolov for. I think I will start a Frolov Proposals thread in Trade Rumors just for fun.

Last edited by RightKinger: 07-30-2006 at 11:47 PM.
RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
If the Kings were going to trade him I would try to get a young Dman. Marc Staal and Luc Bourdon are guys I would trade Frolov for.
I am not saying I disagree with you....but management has stated that scoring forwards are their biggest weakness right now. If they did indeed trade Frolov I see it for an ungrade on the top 6......not to weaken it.

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:52 PM
The VEGASKING
#1 fan

Send a message via AIM to The VEGASKING Send a message via Yahoo to The VEGASKING
Boyes, Meszaros, Gomez, Staal, Richards, St. Louis and Semin are the only ones on your list I'd trade him for.

The VEGASKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Big Daddy

Frolov will always be an inconsistent player. This goes to effort and yes, work ethic. Have any of you seen your slacker type, do everything half *** co-workers ever change into the hard working type? I've been in the work force for 30+ years and haven't seen it yet. You either have it or you don't.

See ya dude.

Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 12:03 AM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
I am not saying I disagree with you....but management has stated that scoring forwards are their biggest weakness right now. If they did indeed trade Frolov I see it for an ungrade on the top 6......not to weaken it.
So you think it would be something like Frolov for Briere or Frolov for Gomez. Would you guys do these deals now that we know DL isn't very high on Frolov and that he might become available?

Old
07-31-2006, 12:07 AM
hockey nut

LA needs goaltending the most. You could easily have Giguere in LA for Frolov.

hockey nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 12:08 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Frolov is a good 2nd line LW. Expecting him to be anything more is a problem with talent scouting. Andy Murray and Dave Taylor forced him into the #1 LW role due to bad decisions. Frolov isn't fast, he doesn't have a good shot, he doesn't pass. Instead of trading another young King player Lombardi should go out and get a real #1 LW and let Frolov do his thing on the 2nd line. That solves 2 problems since the Kings 2nd line is 1 of the worst I have ever seen in the NHL as of now.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 12:12 AM
RightKinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey nut View Post
Cloutier? Garon? We don't need goaltending.

Old
07-31-2006, 12:17 AM
hockey nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
Cloutier? Garon? We don't need goaltending.
Those two? Minor-league goaltenders at best.

Old
07-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Tadite

Quote:

hahahah

hehehe

hahahah

Now that is some funny stuff.

Tadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 12:21 AM
hockey nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
hahahah

hehehe

hahahah

Now that is some funny stuff.
You can't argue that it's an upgrade.

Old
07-31-2006, 12:23 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
You can't argue that it's an upgrade.
And you also can't argue that the Ducks and Kings have never once been trading partners.

Old
07-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
Are we trying for a roster with all of our forwards under 6 feet tall?
If they can score goals, size isn't a factor.

My other proposal is -

To NJ -

Frolov
LaBarbera

To LA -

Brian Gionta