HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

NICK DIAZ vs GSP UFC 158

Old
03-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
He's never lost a fight in the UFC that wasn't by decision... In actual talent in martial arts Diaz is one of the best in the UFC IMO. Unlike GSP he would rather put on a good fight than lay on top of a guy for 25 minutes. That said, GSP will win a boring decision.
I've never seen a boring fight from GSP. I guess that when it comes to MMA people just want to see the big knockouts and can't appreciate seeing the top two fighters fight to the bell. Why is it that when Pacquiao, Mayweather or Ward take fights to decision no one ever complains?

Last edited by Alexdaman: 03-15-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:44 AM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
I've never seen a boring fight from GSP. I guess that when it comes to MMA people just want to see the big knockouts and can't appreciate seeing the top two fighters fight to the bell. Why is it that when Pacquiao, Mayweather or Ward take fights to decision no one ever complains?
GSP has been criticized many many times for boring decisions. I don't care about knock out's at all, I care about people trying to finish fights rather than laying on top of someone for 5 rounds. I just said Diaz is my favourite fighter, when is the last time he's had a big knockout?

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:48 AM
cjbhab
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
GO ****ING HABS GO!
GO ****ING HABS GO!GO ****ING HABS GO!
GO ****ING HABS GO!

**** YA WE ARE IN FIRST PLACE **** HEADS!!

WE ARE GOING TO THE CUP BABY!!! **** YA!!! IM GETTING ****ING DRUNK TONIGHT. NJ CAN LICK OUR ****ING **** TOMORROW!!

oh yeah, AND GSP IS GONNA ****ING KILL THAT guy, he's going to break his ****ing orbital bone and spend a night in a MTL hospital **** DIAZ **** ya ***** **** n****as

cjbhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
samsquanch9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
I get that wrestling isn't the nicest part on the sport since it rarely involves lots of action but still it's part ofnthe sport, that's why it's called MIXED martial arts, this is why GSP is so good he has abilities in every part of the sport. I get that boxing isn't is specialty but being trained by Roach and sparing with Bute, isn't a bad start for GSP, I don't think Diaz can dominate him standing up, maybe he's better but George can hold is own, the fight will be about one thing: Can Diaz land the surprise shot and put GSP in trouble, because if he lets GSP install his game just a little we'll get a typical GSP fight.
I never said GSP wasn't skilled, I was just saying that Diaz is very skilled. The guy I was quoting said " I don't even know why he is in the ufc it's not based on his fighting skill". I also think GSP will win though.

samsquanch9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
GO ****ING HABS GO!
GO ****ING HABS GO!

**** YA WE ARE IN FIRST PLACE **** HEADS!!

WE ARE GOING TO THE CUP BABY!!! **** YA!!! IM GETTING ****ING DRUNK TONIGHT. NJ CAN LICK OUR ****ING **** TOMORROW!!

oh yeah, AND GSP IS GONNA ****ING KILL THAT guy, he's going to break his ****ing orbital bone and spend a night in a MTL hospital **** DIAZ **** ya ***** **** n****as
Indeed

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:10 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
He's never lost a fight in the UFC that wasn't by decision... In actual talent in martial arts Diaz is one of the best in the UFC IMO. Unlike GSP he would rather put on a good fight than lay on top of a guy for 25 minutes. That said, GSP will win a boring decision.
Who has Diaz fought? HAHAHA Here are his last 10 fights

Thomas Denny, Frank Shamrock, scott smith, Marious Zaromskis, hayato Sakuari, K J Noons, Evagelista santos, paul daley, bj penn and coming off a loss to Carlos Condit. out of that list I've heard of frank shamrock who sucks donkey balls, paul daley who sucks, and he beat a super washed up bj penn. That is one of the worst lists i've seen. Diaz is insanely overrated, his first legit competition was against condit and he lost. When diaz loses he should be cut from the ufc, it won't happen cause he is acts like a monkey and for some reason that sells pay per views, sad it won't be a legit sport

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:18 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

The fight will look like Nate Diaz vs Bendo.

WAR GSP !!!!!

Btw i said it in other thread but Dana White is going to be on l'antichambre tonight at 21:30 for those who are interested. Oh yeah and the weight ins are also today at 16:30 on TVA Sports and Sportsnet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
but anyone who actually watch boxing without the "homeboy goggles" knew Froch was better than Bute by a clear margin

I think GSP got this
This.

You cannot compare Froch - Bute to GSP vs anyone. It's well know that GYM and Interbox boxers get a lot of gimme fights to pad their record. Not saying Bute isn't good but he's not the elite boxer Larouche and Interbox keep telling us he is

GSP on the other hand keep fighting the best guys in the division and dominate them. There is just no comparison

Last edited by Bronn: 03-15-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
You cannot compare Froch - Bute to GSP vs anyone. It's well know that GYM and Interbox fighters get a lot of gimme fights to pad their record.
Amen.

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:30 PM
habtastic

Don't watch UFC, but THIS , I wanna see!

GSP has made us all proud and with all the success come the detractors, haters, the ones who want to see a champion fall. Couldn't think of a nicer, more positive role model (if you ignore him beating the **** out of people, which is mostly why I'm not interested in UFC) and great rep. for our city and Quebec (also Canada FTM).

Lately I've been reading all these blogs trying to tear him down and call him a fake for getting enraged during the media call. Now I just want to see him do what he's supposed to, but maybe a little extra. Like REALLLY beat the **** out of Diaz (am I contradicting myself? It's a one off!!).

On an fairly off-topic note - I miss Diaz.

Q. What time does the fight happen? Is it possible to watch the Habs game and this fight?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Q. What time does the fight happen? Is it possible to watch the Habs game and this fight?
Yes, it's probably going to start around 11:30pm.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:38 PM
peate
Habs fan 4 life.

vCash: 2007
Quote:

GSP has made us all proud and with all the success come the detractors, haters, the ones who want to see a champion fall. Couldn't think of a nicer, more positive role model (if you ignore him beating the **** out of people, which is mostly why I'm not interested in UFC) and great rep. for our city and Quebec (also Canada FTM).

Lately I've been reading all these blogs trying to tear him down and call him a fake for getting enraged during the media call. Now I just want to see him do what he's supposed to, but maybe a little extra. Like REALLLY beat the **** out of Diaz (am I contradicting myself? It's a one off!!).

Should start well after the Habs game is over, being the last fight of the night, I'd guess @ 10:30.

And what's with the failed drug test because Diaz smokes weed? It's about as far from a performance enhancing drug as you can get.

peate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBergevin View Post
How can he be a pot head if he has enough drive to train for an MMA title fight?
For real?

Joe Rogan is a ..."pot" "head".... he's a work machine.

You'll find a lot of "pot" "head"s who have plenty of drive, focus, ability and success..

Karl Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:21 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by peate View Post
Should start well after the Habs game is over, being the last fight of the night, I'd guess @ 10:30.

And what's with the failed drug test because Diaz smokes weed? It's about as far from a performance enhancing drug as you can get.

Its banned cause it works as a pain killer, which can enhance your performance.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:29 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
Its banned cause it works as a pain killer, which can enhance your performance.
But unless he smoke a blunt right before the fight it doesn't do ****. And even then a pain killer is a bit of a stretch. May help very very slightly but even if you're stoned and eat a flush H-Bomb from Dan Henderson , or get caught in a kimura by Frank Mir it's still going to hurt a lot regardless

Aside from use right before a fight , weed shouldn't be banned imho. We're far from PEDs here

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:31 PM
StopTheClock

Quote:
How can he be a pot head if he has enough drive to train for an MMA title fight?
lolpost. some of the hardest working people in the word smoke pot all day long. you ever meet a landscaper

shouldn't be banned but stupid rules are still rules. weed is not a really pain killer you are just able to take your mind off it a bit

StopTheClock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Manix58

Quote:
If Nick Diaz followed hockey he'd be a Bruins fan(and not just for the fights). He whined and made excuses for not showing up for his commitments because he had cuts on his face "and they're over there powdering GSP's face". He also had some strange rant about not being featured in any magazines right now(I guess he went to the bookstore and checked for articles on himself).

Now I know the dude has severe social anxiety disorder, and probably aspergers syndrome, but I don't think that's any excuse for his incoherent rambling nonsense. This guy seems legitimately disturbed.

I want him to lose, and in the most humiliating fashion imaginable.
I agree 100%

Manix58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:34 PM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
But unless he smoke a blunt right before the fight it doesn't do ****. And even then a pain killer is a bit of a stretch. May help very very slightly but even if you're stoned and eat a flush H-Bomb from Dan Henderson , or get caught in a kimura by Frank Mir it's still going to hurt a lot regardless

Aside from use right before a fight , weed shouldn't be banned imho. We're far from PEDs here

You ever worked out like a savage to train for a MMA fight? I am sure these guys are pretty sore by the end of the day. A little pot might take the sting off some of that pain, which means you can sleep better, and train just as hard the next day. Sure it might not help all that much but it does help. Its an unfair advantage IMO.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:

around 11:00PM it all depends on how long the other fights on the main card and the prelim take.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:49 PM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Pilkington View Post
For real?

Joe Rogan is a ..."pot" "head".... he's a work machine.

You'll find a lot of "pot" "head"s who have plenty of drive, focus, ability and success..
Yes and I was telling Phil Parent it's a derogatory comment, being a called a pot head means you're constantly too stoned to do anything.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:03 PM
e46330ivs*

Quote:
whats that supposed to mean, Im a pot head and I have a very good job, volunteer regularly for various causes, have a nice condo, 2 cars and a golf membership, whats your point. Pot is much better for you then alcohol my friend, not that I condone either but....

e46330ivs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
whats that supposed to mean, Im a pot head and I have a very good job, volunteer regularly for various causes, have a nice condo, 2 cars and a golf membership, whats your point. Pot is much better for you then alcohol my friend, not that I condone either but....
Pot just like alcohol has different effects on everybody, some people can drink a six pack without feeling any different, others will already be drunk.

I use to smoke everyday I even sold some in high school but after 4-5 years of that it became impossible for me to function normally with weed so I stopped. I can drink a lot and still be able to control my behaviour but not with weed.

I think Diaz can function normally with pot but I sincerely think he would be a better fighter and human being without it, I've seen a lot of guys that talked and acted like him and they were always potheads.

Not that I think that weed is the only reason for it.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Smoking weed is fine, but doing so knowing you'll be tested is quite stupid.

I'm afraid of this fight. Diaz is a very good fighter. I can't wait, I get so emotionally involved in those fights when they manage to make it good guy versus bad guy!

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:18 PM
e46330ivs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
Pot just like alcohol has different effects on everybody, some people can drink a six pack without feeling any different, others will already be drunk.

I use to smoke everyday I even sold some in high school but after 4-5 years of that it became impossible for me to function normally with weed so I stopped. I can drink a lot and still be able to control my behaviour but not with weed.

I think Diaz can function normally with pot but I sincerely think he would be a better fighter and human being without it, I've seen a lot of guys that talked and acted like him and they were always potheads.

Not that I think that weed has the same effect on everyone.
Ha thats hilarious I use to sell in high school too, the issue I have with booze is you can tell a guy that drinks everyday, from your nose to skin complexion, people die everyday of liver diseases, overdoses, etc. Nobody as ever died from a marijuana overdose its practically impossible, lung cancer is debatable as its not officially proven. Everything in moderation, I would never smoke at work, but once I get home I almost go straight to my balcony, I dont smoke cigarettes either. I guess it affects everyone differently cause I work in an environment where quick thinking and decision making is required and I really dont think it affects my day to day.

e46330ivs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:27 PM
Alexdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46330ivs View Post
Ha thats hilarious I use to sell in high school too, the issue I have with booze is you can tell a guy that a guy drinks everyday, from your nose to skin complexion, people die everyday of liver diseases, overdoses, etc. Nobody as ever died from a marijuana overdose its practically impossible, lung cancer is debatable as its not officially proven. Everything in moderation, I would never smoke at work, but once I get home I almost go straight to my balcony, I dont smoke cigarettes either. I guess it affects everyone differently cause I work in an environment where quick thinking and decision making is required and I really dont think it affects my day to day.
Well I think the good thing with weed is that if someone has a problem with it it's easier to quit than alcohol. Having a problem with booze means one can't stop drinking when he starts, while someone who has a problem with weed means his brain can't take the effects of weed and it leads to paranoia and/or depression, so weed is easier to put away than alcohol.

Most of the time weed is alright when its quality is good but I've smoked batches of bad weed that would make sniffing gasoline as innocent as drinking too much coffee in one day.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

I am not a betting man but i'm fairly sure that Condit will pick Hendricks a part. Hendricks is a lethal power striker and very good at wrestling and can end the fight in seconds. Condit is a beast, technical, never been knocked out , very long , and incredible on the ground and his Muy Thai is elite. He was a an elbow or two away from putting away GSP as well.

Oh yah, GSP , if he keeps his cool - like he always usually does- will pick a part Diaz, boring fight (lopsided). Diaz is a boxer with decent ground game. GSP is elite in every area Diaz is not (wrestling, takedown, takedown defense, karate , strenght ). Diaz box's well and he has good cardio but that is not a weakness of Gsp's. Hendricks- Condit is where the real action will happen, really good matchup.

Renholder is offline   Reply With Quote