HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks beat Jackets 2-1 in OT/SO

Old
03-14-2013, 09:38 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
You guys are certainly on the upswing. Give 'em hell in the East.
Thx gonna miss hawk fans in town for the games. Classy fans, you suffered through the post jr/amonte years and deserve this success now.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:44 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Thx gonna miss hawk fans in town for the games. Classy fans, you suffered through the post jr/amonte years and deserve this success now.
Well, if there's a fanbase that has had enough suffering at this point, aside from Leaf fans, it'd be Jacket fans. With Bobrovsky in net, and kids like Murray, Johansen, Erixion, Moore, Atkinson, etc on the team or close to it - not to mention the 3 1st round picks on the way this year - I certianly don't think it'll be too long before Columbus becomes a consistent playoff team/playoff contender.

Anyways, we all know the East is soft. If Columbus plays like they did in all the games against Chicago, in the East next year, they'll get their fair share of wins.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:59 PM
CPHawksFan
That's Hockey Baby!!

Quote:
You guys just need a few more pieces and you'll be right there...good luck!

CPHawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:04 PM
MurrayBannerman
Machu Picchu Toews

vCash: 2660
Quote:
Amonte was such a treat. When it was basically just him, it was still fun.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:17 PM
zac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Bolland looked horrible tonight and has for most of the season. He doesn't belong on the second line.
Bolly hasn't been right for 2 years. I really don't think he's the same player anymore.

You'd hate to mess with what's working, but I'd really like to see Saad play some 2C. He's got the body for it, plays a great two-way game (instincts), has the tools to be a playmaker, and I think has the ability to adapt to a new position. It would fill an area of need while making Bolland even more expendable. It also allows us to fill a void in an area that is probably our biggest strength prospect wise.

Typically I don't like experiments, especially with a young player, in the middle of a shortened season but 2C is such a black hole that it's glaring. And it's not like Bolland is a (consistently) great defensive player anymore.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
its bolland. only thing he does offensively is throw the puck into the middle of the ice and cross his fingers
Shhhh. Don't wake the Bolland apologists. Without him we cannot win a Cup. Or.....get out of the first round. Take your pick.

Nothingman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Shhhh. Don't wake the Bolland apologists. Without him we cannot win a Cup. Or.....get out of the first round. Take your pick.
All I'll say to that is, if you'd rather have Andrew Shaw/Marcus Kruger out there against the Sedin's, Kopitar, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, etc than good luck.. and I'm a Kruger "fanboy".

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:03 PM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Quote:
Quick question. Is your username because of the Crew?

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Jayes biggest skating issue isn't speed but balance. It seemed like whenever he got touched in open ice he turned into Bambi.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:19 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Quick question. Is your username because of the Crew?
No, that's the nordeck...I am an old Quebec fan, no NHL in Ohio in the nineties.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:31 PM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Quote:
No, that's the nordeck...I am an old Quebec fan, no NHL in Ohio in the nineties.
Ok that's better.

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Nothingman*

Quote:
All I'll say to that is, if you'd rather have Andrew Shaw/Marcus Kruger out there against the Sedin's, Kopitar, Crosby, Thornton, Getzlaf, etc than good luck.. and I'm a Kruger "fanboy".
Right. Then put him on the third line and pay him like a third line player. He is not top six. Stick him on the third and he can play d and chip in the occasional goal. On the second line that is not his role. So yes...he can play shutdown C when he is on the third line. Second line you need to score at a better clip than he is. There is no arguing or denying that.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

we got 2 points on the road while Bob stole a few goals from us with Bolland being stupid in OT for not lifting the puck when he could.

Kane with a Set up of the year candidate.

Bubba88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:11 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Kane with a Set up of the year candidate.
It was a nice typical Kaner pass that's for sure, but I don't think it was as good as his quarter spin o rama pass to Bolland earlier in the season.

Pretty cool to see him get his 400th point.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:22 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Bolly hasn't been right for 2 years. I really don't think he's the same player anymore.

You'd hate to mess with what's working, but I'd really like to see Saad play some 2C. He's got the body for it, plays a great two-way game (instincts), has the tools to be a playmaker, and I think has the ability to adapt to a new position. It would fill an area of need while making Bolland even more expendable. It also allows us to fill a void in an area that is probably our biggest strength prospect wise.

Typically I don't like experiments, especially with a young player, in the middle of a shortened season but 2C is such a black hole that it's glaring. And it's not like Bolland is a (consistently) great defensive player anymore.
He clearly wasn't right when he came back in the 10-11 Vancouver series when he scored 6 points and 4 games and the team that was 0-3 without him went 3-1 with him. Let's get rid of that guy fast.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
He clearly wasn't right when he came back in the 10-11 Vancouver series when he scored 6 points and 4 games and the team that was 0-3 without him went 3-1 with him. Let's get rid of that guy fast.
What was his series like last year? Or are we just picking and choosing? I remember losing that series in 6.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:30 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

A few comments from last night’s yawner:

- It seems CBJ has pretty much perfected the stifling, boring hockey (glad they're going East). After two loosy goosy losses, Q obviously told his players to play defense first and let the offense take care of it self. As a result we ended up playing BJ’s game which is sometimes necessary.

- I thought most of the Hawks looked off last night. It’s the worst I’ve seen Toews play in quite a while but he made up for it in the SO. Hayes definitely had a case of nerves and looked awkward out there for much of the game, but seemed to settle in somewhat later on. He didn’t look great playing on the 2nd line but it’s only 1 game.

- Another poorly officiated game. That’s all I’m going to say on that.

- Hammer and JO had a decent game as did Hossa, who I think deserved a star with his hustle at both ends of the ice.

- I sure wish we had a true sniper (besides Sharp) to compliment our talent up front. I still have hope that Morin can become that guy but admittedly that hope is fading.

- Bottom line = 2 points. Let’s hope for a better game in Dallas tomorrow.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:42 AM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
When it comes to Bolland playing on the 2nd line, what a lot of people seem to miss is he compliments his more offensive minded linemates and allows them to take a few risks on the offensive side of the puck. Kane especially. I think weíll see some good things from this line if they stay together all year.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:20 AM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
A few comments from last nightís yawner:

- It seems CBJ has pretty much perfected the stifling, boring hockey (glad they're going East). After two loosy goosy losses, Q obviously told his players to play defense first and let the offense take care of it self. As a result we ended up playing BJís game which is sometimes necessary.

- I thought most of the Hawks looked off last night. Itís the worst Iíve seen Toews play in quite a while but he made up for it in the SO. Hayes definitely had a case of nerves and looked awkward out there for much of the game, but seemed to settle in somewhat later on. He didnít look great playing on the 2nd line but itís only 1 game.

- Another poorly officiated game. Thatís all Iím going to say on that.

- Hammer and JO had a decent game as did Hossa, who I think deserved a star with his hustle at both ends of the ice.

- I sure wish we had a true sniper (besides Sharp) to compliment our talent up front. I still have hope that Morin can become that guy but admittedly that hope is fading.

- Bottom line = 2 points. Letís hope for a better game in Dallas tomorrow.
pretty much agree with everything. I will say that Bobrovsky played very well even though the hawks weren't nearly as dominant offensively (until the 3rd) as they were earlier in the year.

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Hawkaholic

Keep *****ing about Bolland.

All I see out there is that he is the first forward back on the back check, every single time. He follows Kane into the offensive end, because Kane just loves to stick handle through everybody. When Bolland does have the puck, nobody is open to pass it to.

He may not be the right fit at #2C, but neither is Shaw, or Kruger, or any other player that could play C. He is our best option at the moment.

And ya, let's trade him so when playoff time comes, we are relying on Kruger and Shaw to shut down the opposing teams top players....because that will work out well!

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:51 AM
hockeydoug

Hawks had their chances, blew a few but Bobrovsky deserves more credit. It was fun seeing a goalie play like that in the 3rd.

It's not the same CLB team as the last few years. Nice run they have going.

I really liked Kane's shift on the goal, that was something.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:20 AM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Keep *****ing about Bolland.

All I see out there is that he is the first forward back on the back check, every single time. He follows Kane into the offensive end, because Kane just loves to stick handle through everybody. When Bolland does have the puck, nobody is open to pass it to.

He may not be the right fit at #2C, but neither is Shaw, or Kruger, or any other player that could play C. He is our best option at the moment.

And ya, let's trade him so when playoff time comes, we are relying on Kruger and Shaw to shut down the opposing teams top players....because that will work out well!
Kind of relying on Shaw to do that now as he is centering 3rd line. Bollies old line. Or are we switching him back to third line for the playoffs?

Old
03-15-2013, 10:37 AM
JKinCLE
killing time @ work

Like nordique said, you guys will be missed at nationwide... Definitely a classy, passionate bunch (unlike dead things fans). Also I may or may not have had my toews shirt underneath my cbj sweater.

Good luck in the playoffs. Pulling for you. Unless we magically sneak in...

JKinCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Nothingman*

Thanks Josh. You guys are getting closer and I am kind of glad we will not be facing you as much next year. Just a couple more pieces and you will be in good shape.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:12 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
When it comes to Bolland playing on the 2nd line, what a lot of people seem to miss is he compliments his more offensive minded linemates and allows them to take a few risks on the offensive side of the puck. Kane especially. I think weíll see some good things from this line if they stay together all year.
that's poppycock. bolland is stifling the offense of any line he's on and his line gets hemmed in their own zone multiple times every game. at the end of the day, 11pts, 46-47% at the dot, and a minus rating in 22 games is terrible for a second line center. its time to move kane to toews' line with saad and hossa to bolland's.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote