HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds@Nucks 3/14: "Tanking 2.0: Something Fishy"

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2013, 10:13 AM
  #251
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 2,933
vCash: 1225
Well, I didn't get home from work until 12:30 last night and I watched the whole game until 2:30 on GCL delayed. Despite losing, I thought it was an exciting game, but man our defense was absolutely abysmal last night. Our power play was also just awful; SK74 really isn't that great on the point. I think we're trying to mimic other teams, but I'd rather have Josi up there than SK. We pulled to 5-4, but two goals were extremely lucky. Hannan was terrible; I threw my PS3 controller in my closet after he fell down then him and Ellis went into Mason to knock the puck in.

Bourque was great; has he ever had a truly bad game? I haven't seen it. Halischuk's "conditioning stint" seemed to have served its purpose; he has been one of the best players on the ice since he came back.

The loss sucks, but playing in Rogers arena is always a crapshoot. I had penciled an L on this one when I was looking at the schedule last week; just need to come out big against the Flames tonight.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:14 AM
  #252
MrHenley
Registered User
 
MrHenley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Erat needs to sit, rather its lack of health or ability at this point.

MrHenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:46 AM
  #253
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Well, I didn't get home from work until 12:30 last night and I watched the whole game until 2:30 on GCL delayed. Despite losing, I thought it was an exciting game, but man our defense was absolutely abysmal last night. Our power play was also just awful; SK74 really isn't that great on the point. I think we're trying to mimic other teams, but I'd rather have Josi up there than SK. We pulled to 5-4, but two goals were extremely lucky. Hannan was terrible; I threw my PS3 controller in my closet after he fell down then him and Ellis went into Mason to knock the puck in.

Bourque was great; has he ever had a truly bad game? I haven't seen it. Halischuk's "conditioning stint" seemed to have served its purpose; he has been one of the best players on the ice since he came back.

The loss sucks, but playing in Rogers arena is always a crapshoot. I had penciled an L on this one when I was looking at the schedule last week; just need to come out big against the Flames tonight.
Believe it or not I was encouraged by the offense last night. Against a top team they were able to mount a comeback. The offense is still horrid as a team and the defense was a letdown. This is a good defensive team but the offense make it overall not a very good team. So another chance tonight, I would bet the farm if they score 4 goals against the Flames they win. 2 or less there in trouble.


Now my new signatue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNmFDR5mmU

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:59 AM
  #254
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Believe it or not I was encouraged by the offense last night. Against a top team they were able to mount a comeback. The offense is still horrid as a team and the defense was a letdown. This is a good defensive team but the offense make it overall not a very good team. So another chance tonight, I would bet the farm if they score 4 goals against the Flames they win. 2 or less there in trouble.


Now my new signatue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNmFDR5mmU
lol, Smith stole your girlfriend didn't he?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:05 PM
  #255
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Believe it or not I was encouraged by the offense last night. Against a top team they were able to mount a comeback. The offense is still horrid as a team and the defense was a letdown. This is a good defensive team but the offense make it overall not a very good team. So another chance tonight, I would bet the farm if they score 4 goals against the Flames they win. 2 or less there in trouble.


Now my new signatue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNmFDR5mmU
I can say I am with you on the hate for Smith. He showed a few sparks of hope in the first few games but as of late, I could care less if he was sent elsewhere.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:10 PM
  #256
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
lol, Smith stole your girlfriend didn't he?
Lol Trigg you know I have been married almost 33 years..



She would be more apt to go for Rinne.. Its a goalie thing.....





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNmFDR5mmU

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:22 PM
  #257
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,997
vCash: 500
Funny comment by Colin

Quote:
@colinwilson33
I think @bigern10 (McGratten) is lucky I am not out there tonight, would have hit him with so many lefts he would be begging for a right

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:23 PM
  #258
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Lol Trigg you know I have been married almost 33 years..



She would be more apt to go for Rinne.. Its a goalie thing.....
hahaha so having a young athlete still your girlfriend at this point wouldn't be an insult. I feel you there!!!!

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:24 PM
  #259
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Funny comment by Colin
That's some funny stuff

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:36 PM
  #260
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
hahaha so having a young athlete still your girlfriend at this point wouldn't be an insult. I feel you there!!!!
At my age it would be a compliment to my taste don't ya think??????






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNmFDR5mmU

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:37 PM
  #261
preds1
Registered User
 
preds1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,216
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Funny comment by Colin

That's awesome......

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:38 PM
  #262
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
At my age it would be a compliment to my taste don't ya think??????






http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNmFDR5mmU
Indeed, sir, indeed...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 12:11 AM
  #263
klt2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I can say I am with you on the hate for Smith. He showed a few sparks of hope in the first few games but as of late, I could care less if he was sent elsewhere.
The problem I have w/ Smith more so than him not scoring is his +/-, which is at -10. He could do some much more better defensively imo but I understand that number isn't all his doing/fault and is due to the defenseman not doing their job. But if your defenseman sucks you could still try to help out and do your part to try to stop the other team from scoring. Maybe w/ more experience, he will improve both offensively and defensively but for right now I still think he has a long ways to go to be considered 1st line material. JMO. But I do appreciate that he at least tries to create chances offensively and get the puck on the other team's end of the ice.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/stats.htm


Last edited by klt2001: 03-18-2013 at 12:53 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.