HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks beat Jackets 2-1 in OT/SO

Old
03-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Marotte Marauder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
that's poppycock. bolland is stifling the offense of any line he's on and his line gets hemmed in their own zone multiple times every game. at the end of the day, 11pts, 46-47% at the dot, and a minus rating in 22 games is terrible for a second line center. its time to move kane to toews' line with saad and hossa to bolland's.
Agree 100%, he is trading off that former playoff success.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:00 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
that's poppycock. bolland is stifling the offense of any line he's on and his line gets hemmed in their own zone multiple times every game. at the end of the day, 11pts, 46-47% at the dot, and a minus rating in 22 games is terrible for a second line center. its time to move kane to toews' line with saad and hossa to bolland's.
First off .... Why would you separate the 1st line and disrupt the chemistry of the top 6? What you propose still leaves Bolland as the 2nd line center, so what does it accomplish exactly?

Are you suggesting that Kane can't produce without Toews? He has proven he can. I think your vendetta against Bolland is clouding your judgement (MM's as well, if he agrees with your proposal). Kane needs some backup on the defensive side and Bolland can provide that. Forget the stats.

Of course we all know that the 2nd line center position has been a sore spot, but it doesn't look like Stan is prepared to address that via a trade (at this time, if ever). This is our best option if Pirri can't make the jump.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Kind of relying on Shaw to do that now as he is centering 3rd line. Bollies old line. Or are we switching him back to third line for the playoffs?
Shaw is being sheltered, so no, he is not doing what Bolland did in the 3rd C position.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Hawkaholic

We definitely can use a guy like Bolland at 2nd line C, especially if the other teams best players are playing against Kane and Sharp every game.

Bolland is always the first forward back and playing below the dot in our end, you won't see Sharp or Kane doing that. Sharp has been disappointing defensively the past couple seasons, and we all know Kane isn't that great either. Bolland is a good #2C for now, because of that reason.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:22 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
First off .... Why would you separate the 1st line and disrupt the chemistry of the top 6? What you propose still leaves Bolland as the 2nd line center, so what does it accomplish exactly?

Are you suggesting that Kane can't produce without Toews? He has proven he can. I think your vendetta against Bolland is clouding your judgement (MM's as well, if he agrees with your proposal). Kane needs some backup on the defensive side and Bolland can provide that. Forget the stats.

Of course we all know that the 2nd line center position has been a sore spot, but it doesn't look like Stan is prepared to address that via a trade (at this time, if ever). This is our best option if Pirri can't make the jump.
No, I'm suggesting that kane/toews and bolland/hossa has a chance in resulting in more offense. Kane was getting time with saad and toews in the edm game and they looked dominant together. Hossa is more capable of creating his own chances, where as kane uses his insane vision/anticipation and stellar playmaking ability to create offense.

edit: also, i have absolutely no problem with bolland outside the fact he's not playing to the level of a second line center.

Last edited by madgoat33: 03-15-2013 at 03:17 PM.
madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Hawkaholic

I wouldn't mind switching up the lines.

Sharp Toews Kane
Saad Bolland Hossa

or

Saad Toews Kane
Sharp Bolland Hossa

..but at the same time, there is really nothing wrong with the way Bolland and Kane are playing. I don't think Bolland had that bad of a game at all last night, and has been pretty decent since returning from injury.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
No, I'm suggesting that kane/toews and bolland/hossa has a chance in resulting in more offense. Kane was getting time with saad and toews in the edm game and they looked dominant together. Hossa is more capable of creating his own chances, where as kane uses his insane vision/anticipation and stellar playmaking ability to create offense.

edit: also, i have absolutely no problem with bolland outside the fact he's not playing to the level of a second line center.
Agreed.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:41 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Agree 100%, he is trading off that former playoff success.
The entire team got bounced in the first round the last two years, they're all riding on former playoff success.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote