Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Since we're in a shortened season with some very tight standings, there will be a lot more teams that believe they can make the playoffs in comparison to a regular season where the standings are more spread out come deadline. With that in mind should be a lot less sellers and more buyers this time around so I could very well see a nice bidding war should Iginla be a rental so I don't think the standard 1st+prospect is out of the question.
Fair enough.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Mike Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Seeing as we won't do a burn it down rebuild what about
I don't disagree with you but is this statement based on a recent article or press release by the team ownership and management?

Old
03-15-2013, 02:07 PM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 134
Quote:
Gio for Flippula + Quincey?

Tanguay - Stajan/Backlund - Iginla
Hudler - Flippula - Cervenka
Glencross - Stajan/Backlund - Cammy
McGrattan - Begin - Aliu

Jbo - Brodie
Quincey - Wideman
Smith - Butler
I really like Filppula but he's not a pure centerman as far as I know and we're really not in short supply of 2nd line wingers right now. He wouldn't really bring any of that much needed toughness either. So, a good player and the value is probably fair but if guys like Gio and JBo are moved it has to be for a bonafide top6 centerman, I'm beginning to have enough of this "he played center in junior 15 years ago" stuff.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Nordberg

vCash: 50
Quote:
Gio for Flippula + Quincey?

Tanguay - Stajan/Backlund - Iginla
Hudler - Flippula - Cervenka
Glencross - Stajan/Backlund - Cammy
McGrattan - Begin - Aliu

Jbo - Brodie
Quincey - Wideman
Smith - Butler
Awful. Quincey is a pylon and Filppula is a poor man's Backlund except older. He has also sucked for most of this season. Well, then again, so has Gio I guess. Pass.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
I think a 2nd is the most we could get for Kipper, no way we get a 3rd + a young nhl goalie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Really? I'd take Neuvirth and run with it. That would be a solid return for Kipper.
I guess I'm not that high on Neuvirth. He's young, sure, but he's struggled quite a bit in the last couple of years, culminating in him losing his job to Holtby, who himself was struggling at the beginning of this season. Despite that, the Caps still don't seem to have a lot of faith in Neuvirth. Essentially, if it came down to a choosing between a 2nd or Neuvirth, I'd go with the 2nd easily.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:38 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
I guess I'm not that high on Neuvirth. He's young, sure, but he's struggled quite a bit in the last couple of years, culminating in him losing his job to Holtby, who himself was struggling at the beginning of this season. Despite that, the Caps still don't seem to have a lot of faith in Neuvirth. Essentially, if it came down to a choosing between a 2nd or Neuvirth, I'd go with the 2nd easily.
Neuvirth has a career SV% of .909 and a GAA of 2.66 not bad for a 24 year old goaltender. I don't think he is a sure thing but having him and Ramo challenge each other could boost both their games.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:41 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
Awful. Quincey is a pylon and Filppula is a poor man's Backlund except older. He has also sucked for most of this season. Well, then again, so has Gio I guess. Pass.
Filp is 56% at the faceoffs and while he doesn't play center a ton that is only because he is behind Datsyuk and Zetterberg, he is another top 6 centerman and fits Feaster's age group he is looking for. Quincey isn't amazing but Gio hasn't been either it is a downgrade in defense for a much needed upgrade at center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
I don't disagree with you but is this statement based on a recent article or press release by the team ownership and management?
No just the general feeling of the team, Feaster has publicly said he won't blow it up in the past and this deal strikes me as a very plausible Flames move.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Filp is 56% at the faceoffs and while he doesn't play center a ton that is only because he is behind Datsyuk and Zetterberg, he is another top 6 centerman and fits Feaster's age group he is looking for. Quincey isn't amazing but Gio hasn't been either it is a downgrade in defense for a much needed upgrade at center.
Flip is worse than Stajan and Backlund IMO. We will be in the same situation except with Quincey giving the puck away instead of Gio. Do not want. We can get something useful for Gio, I believe.

Old
03-15-2013, 06:43 PM
TrickRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflames View Post
No way. I like the deal for sure but L.A. has to add because Bernier is not experienced. What about a deal like this:

To LA:
Iginla
Giordano

To Calgary:
Bernier
Martinez
1st round pick
That'd obviously need to be a 2014 pick, but I think I'd go for this deal.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:41 PM
tyflames
Baertschi is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickRider View Post
That'd obviously need to be a 2014 pick, but I think I'd go for this deal.
Yeah it would be and I think it would work out because L.A with this deal would have the potential to repeat. And we would get a future goaltender to battle with Ramo as well as a decent defenceman and a first round pick next year to help with our rebuild.
Though I am one who doubts a rebuild will take place, if iginla gets moved this is an option.

Keeping in mind that while we have needs up front when giving up Iginla we could potentially have a top 10 pick this year.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Body Checker

Iginla, MacDonald to LAK for Bernier, Pearson, Nolan

Kiprusoff, Giordano, 2013 3rd to TOR for 2013 1st, Gardiner, Liles

Old
03-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Flames continue to scout Bruins games.

Quote:
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 2 Carolina scouts at todays Bruins/Capitals game. Flames, Sens, Ducks, Kings, Canucks, Isles, Pens, Caps, Bolts, Blues, Hawks and Stars also

Old
03-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Flames continue to scout Bruins games.
Quote:
Joe Haggerty ‏@HackswithHaggs 2 Carolina scouts at todays Bruins/Capitals game. Flames, Sens, Ducks, Kings, Canucks, Isles, Pens, Caps, Bolts, Blues, Hawks and Stars also
Vice versa for the Bruins at the Flames games. Has to be Iginla related, I think even if we are in the playoff hunt there's still a chance that Iggy gets moved simply due to the uncertainty of if he'll resign in the summer. They simply can't let him walk in the summer for nothing.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

Quote:
Vice versa for the Bruins at the Flames games. Has to be Iginla related, I think even if we are in the playoff hunt there's still a chance that Iggy gets moved simply due to the uncertainty of if he'll resign in the summer. They simply can't let him walk in the summer for nothing.
Bruins would be the best fit for Iggy and they have a decent pool of prospects

Old
03-17-2013, 12:43 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
or Stempniak, or Cammalleri, or Tanguay. All of which would fit well with Boston.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:48 AM
DBU
We Think We Know You

vCash: 132
Garrioch saying Flyers and Kings have inquired about Bouwmeester.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:51 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Garrioch saying Flyers and Kings have inquired about Bouwmeester.
Flyers make sense he would be great in their system. LA makes little to no sense I can't imagine Sutter using him much better than his brother.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:56 AM
DBU
We Think We Know You

vCash: 132
Quote:
Flyers make sense he would be great in their system. LA makes little to no sense I can't imagine Sutter using him much better than his brother.
I agree, I was a little surprised to hear LA is interested (or at least inquiring).

Not even really sure what we could get from Philly for Bouw. Flames CBA Guy and I were talking and we thought that if the Flames ate some of the salary, we could get Muzzin and Lewis in a package for Bouw. Maybe that's a little bit optimistic though.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:02 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I agree, I was a little surprised to hear LA is interested (or at least inquiring).

Not even really sure what we could get from Philly for Bouw. Flames CBA Guy and I were talking and we thought that if the Flames ate some of the salary, we could get Muzzin and Lewis in a package for Bouw. Maybe that's a little bit optimistic though.
I would be willing to eat as much cap as possible to try and get Couts from Philly.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Gary83*

Quote:

Alot of people were speculating Toffoli being showcased the past few games in regards to an Iginla deal. But maybe Flames would ask for something around Muzzin and Toffoli.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:47 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Alot of people were speculating Toffoli being showcased the past few games in regards to an Iginla deal. But maybe Flames would ask for something around Muzzin and Toffoli.
O god yes please, then we can move Gio + Stempniak for Mcbain + Rask + 2nd and we would have a defense of
Jbo - Brodie
Muzzin - Wideman
Mcbain - Butler

that is much better then what it is now.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:25 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
O god yes please, then we can move Gio + Stempniak for Mcbain + Rask + 2nd and we would have a defense of
Jbo - Brodie
Muzzin - Wideman
Mcbain - Butler

that is much better then what it is now.
Not a far of the LA trade I like your Carolina proposal though.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:31 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Not a far of the LA trade I like your Carolina proposal though.
Muzzin is a physical #4 defensemen and is only 24, Toffoli is perfect for our team he is a RW and would be the Heats leading scorer by 11 points and is only 20 the kid is going to be good.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Sean Monahan
#boring

Toffoli won't get the icetime he needs in LA to be successful. Guy's a top 6 player with a great shot

Muzzin and Toffoli for Iggy would be unreal....

Old
03-18-2013, 02:06 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Muzzin is a physical #4 defensemen and is only 24, Toffoli is perfect for our team he is a RW and would be the Heats leading scorer by 11 points and is only 20 the kid is going to be good.
I like Toffoli, but Muzzin just screams limited upside to me. He plays sheltered minutes behind LA's top pairing and looks like a more physical Butler to me...I don't think he is bad or anything, I am just not high on him.

Closed Thread