HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 04:58 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw24 View Post
i find it funny how in the patch notes it says "resolved issue where target finders can no longer pick up people with cold blooded equipped" so that means for the last 4 months and however many patches came out before then, they didnt realise that cold blooded wasnt working against the target finder??

Now that just seems like one HUGE **** up. so the only thing to counter the target finder wasnt countering it at all....

wow
It was "Resolved an issue with the red crosshair appearing in the Target Finder when targeting an enemy equipped with Cold Blooded."

Cold Blooded still worked against Target Finder to the extent that the giant red diamond didn't show up, but the small crosshair still turned red (a much more subtle indication). Cold Blooded is supposed to turn off that red crosshair so that was the problem - it still countered Target Finder pretty effectively.

Old
03-13-2013, 05:40 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Round 32 Die Rise....had every bit of potential to go farther. Turns out the Buhdda/upside down room is an awesome place to chain (I've been trying to stick it out on the roof). Got distracted once, went down, managed to escape with who's who (luckily the elevator was waiting for me to go up) I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but I kind of kept on running, wasn't sure if I was downed and Quick Revive auto-picked me up or what, but before I could pick myself up, my downed player just got back up and I was missing Who's Who and quick revive. Went down boxing to replace my Galil (had galil, an-94, and Ray gun all pack a punched) thought the round was over, but four of em took me down out of nowhere.

One thing I should probably start doing is draining my ray gun. I hardly used it my last game. Lol, I'd go back and play another game, but that last one was bordering on two hours long and it can be mentally exhausting. Oh well. At least I hit 30 quicker than it took me to do so on Town.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:11 PM
leova

every time i try to download the update, my game gives a Disc Unreadable error and fails

anyone else get this?

Old
03-13-2013, 06:12 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Round 32 Die Rise....had every bit of potential to go farther. Turns out the Buhdda/upside down room is an awesome place to chain (I've been trying to stick it out on the roof). Got distracted once, went down, managed to escape with who's who (luckily the elevator was waiting for me to go up) I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but I kind of kept on running, wasn't sure if I was downed and Quick Revive auto-picked me up or what, but before I could pick myself up, my downed player just got back up and I was missing Who's Who and quick revive. Went down boxing to replace my Galil (had galil, an-94, and Ray gun all pack a punched) thought the round was over, but four of em took me down out of nowhere.

One thing I should probably start doing is draining my ray gun. I hardly used it my last game. Lol, I'd go back and play another game, but that last one was bordering on two hours long and it can be mentally exhausting. Oh well. At least I hit 30 quicker than it took me to do so on Town.
Man, every time I read your posts I get so jealous. I SUCK at zombies. I can't get passed round 10 solo probably. I never play, so that might explain it, but it gets frustrating real fast for me

Had a crazy good league game go to waste today...

51 kills, 26 deaths, 9 caps, 15 defends. Scored 7225 points to lead the lobby by 3K, and we lost 231-165. Hovering around Gold 8 when I logged off.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Man, every time I read your posts I get so jealous. I SUCK at zombies. I can't get passed round 10 solo probably. I never play, so that might explain it, but it gets frustrating real fast for me

51 kills, 26 deaths, 9 caps, 15 defends. Scored 7225 points to lead the lobby by 3K, and we lost 231-165. Hovering around Gold 8 when I logged off.
I suck at zombies in this game, but in Blops 1 I could get Round 35+ solo every single game.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:33 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:

Well I watched so much map footage being sick of Tranzit that I had a solo strategy before I had ever even played the map. basically the essentials are these

1.) Play one game where a zombie downs you before you even fire or kill anything. Gives you free juggernog (3 hits makes the screen red instead of 2 taking you down)

2.) Build the trample steam. The pad that launches zombies. If you chill out by the roof, you'll need it to put by the window behind you when facing the spawn point.

3.) Buy the bowie knife as soon as you can

4.) Get none bullet based kills to clear the boss round crawlers, gives you a free perk and you can get up to 6

5.) Get galvaknuckles as soon as you can then claymores.

I'm not gonna lie, thus far BLOPS2 zombies was designed for experienced players. I could get to round 45 on Ascension pretty easily if I wanted to, but a map like Die Rise still gives me trouble, and I don't even bother with Tranzit because it is so mentally draining. If you want a better zombies experience I recommend learning these maps on easy difficulty in the custom game mode. I WISH I had easy difficulty when I first started with zombies. I would practice with Kino Der Toten and average like 7 rounds per game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
I suck at zombies in this game, but in Blops 1 I could get Round 35+ solo every single game.
They made a serious effort to make the zombies mode more challenging. Tranzit is a nightmare for a beginner. Nuketown zombies is a nightmare for anyone who isn't adept at chaining zombies, hell it can be a nightmare for a guy like me if Juggernog doesn't drop soon enough. Die Rise in a co-op nightmare. At least for me. Nobody seems to know what to do on that map, or others use such a different strategy that it just doesn't work the same, so you can't rely on your teammates as well as you can rely on the Quick Revive/Who's Who combo.

The BLOPS1 maps were ridiculously easy. Well...Ascension, Kino, and Moon were (most people say moon is tough, but really, once you get to the bio-dome, there should be no issues, me and my bud hit 40 on a regular basis when we do that map). Die Rise is easy enough once you figure out the map, know the spawn points, and have a good grasp of the elevator system.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:38 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Video of the stuff in the micro transactions if anyone is interested.

I'll just stick with my Diamond and Art of War camos. None of those are appealing to me, they just look like they'd appear obnoxious on final kill cams.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:
They made a serious effort to make the zombies mode more challenging. Tranzit is a nightmare for a beginner. Nuketown zombies is a nightmare for anyone who isn't adept at chaining zombies, hell it can be a nightmare for a guy like me if Juggernog doesn't drop soon enough. Die Rise in a co-op nightmare. At least for me. Nobody seems to know what to do on that map, or others use such a different strategy that it just doesn't work the same, so you can't rely on your teammates as well as you can rely on the Quick Revive/Who's Who combo.

The BLOPS1 maps were ridiculously easy. Well...Ascension, Kino, and Moon were (most people say moon is tough, but really, once you get to the bio-dome, there should be no issues, me and my bud hit 40 on a regular basis when we do that map). Die Rise is easy enough once you figure out the map, know the spawn points, and have a good grasp of the elevator system.
I played Zombies on Blops 2 about 10 times because I didn't find it fun like I did in the other 2. Moon was very easy. My favorite thing to do was stay in No Mans Land and play, was in the top 100 at one point for No Mans Land solo. I didn't play with other people a lot but when I did we would get to round 30 fairly easy. In one game there was four of us on round 28 and two went down and fell asleep on us and we still went to round 32 before shutting it down and going to sleep.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:47 AM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
I played Zombies on Blops 2 about 10 times because I didn't find it fun like I did in the other 2. Moon was very easy. My favorite thing to do was stay in No Mans Land and play, was in the top 100 at one point for No Mans Land solo. I didn't play with other people a lot but when I did we would get to round 30 fairly easy. In one game there was four of us on round 28 and two went down and fell asleep on us and we still went to round 32 before shutting it down and going to sleep.
Have you tried Die Rise? Once you get the hang of the map it's a ton of fun. Tranzit to me was too much work to actually get to a point where it was enjoyable. In fact, I never really got to a point where it was truly any fun. The only place I would actually like staying is Town, and there is NO gun in town to keep getting ammo for. You have to traverse that giant map just to find the box and get a gun. I did make it to 34 on it once, but that took a LOT of work. Never really got back in the mood for that map

Die Rise to me has every element you can ask for in a zombies map. Sections that actually give a fright factor (seedy hallways), beautiful map design, awesome guns (AN-94, PDW, Sliqufier, galvaknuckles), an awesome and really useful buildable, scenic and manageable chaining spots, and a "free pass" zombie boss round. It's kind of a mix between verukkt, the asylum map, and Der Riese only it's got it's own benefits that make it awesome on its own.

It might just be a personal thing, but I found that getting to the rounds where it stopped being so much about skill (33+) and became more about focus and repetition, with as much ease as I was finding on Kino, Ascension, and Moon (Shangrila and Five were just such frustrating maps, I saw no point in trying to master them...started Call of The Dead by the time BLOPS2 came out) was just not fun anymore. Like...getting to these ultra high rounds started to become routine and not very challenging. The challenge was becoming having enough patience to do the same thing over and over and over again.

Maps like Verukkt, Der Reise, and Die Rise have this unique strategy you can follow and an ever-present sense that no matter how good you were, one simple mental mistake, and it could be game over for you. It presents a challenge that makes it enjoyable and actually gets my heart racing at times. Die Rise only adds to the equation by having a variety of awesome guns, a slew of excellent perks, and awesome chain locations.

Hands down my favorite zombie map.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Fire Dumboer

Quote:
Have you tried Die Rise? Once you get the hang of the map it's a ton of fun. Tranzit to me was too much work to actually get to a point where it was enjoyable. In fact, I never really got to a point where it was truly any fun. The only place I would actually like staying is Town, and there is NO gun in town to keep getting ammo for. You have to traverse that giant map just to find the box and get a gun. I did make it to 34 on it once, but that took a LOT of work. Never really got back in the mood for that map

Die Rise to me has every element you can ask for in a zombies map. Sections that actually give a fright factor (seedy hallways), beautiful map design, awesome guns (AN-94, PDW, Sliqufier, galvaknuckles), an awesome and really useful buildable, scenic and manageable chaining spots, and a "free pass" zombie boss round. It's kind of a mix between verukkt, the asylum map, and Der Riese only it's got it's own benefits that make it awesome on its own.

It might just be a personal thing, but I found that getting to the rounds where it stopped being so much about skill (33+) and became more about focus and repetition, with as much ease as I was finding on Kino, Ascension, and Moon (Shangrila and Five were just such frustrating maps, I saw no point in trying to master them...started Call of The Dead by the time BLOPS2 came out) was just not fun anymore. Like...getting to these ultra high rounds started to become routine and not very challenging. The challenge was becoming having enough patience to do the same thing over and over and over again.

Maps like Verukkt, Der Reise, and Die Rise have this unique strategy you can follow and an ever-present sense that no matter how good you were, one simple mental mistake, and it could be game over for you. It presents a challenge that makes it enjoyable and actually gets my heart racing at times. Die Rise only adds to the equation by having a variety of awesome guns, a slew of excellent perks, and awesome chain locations.

Hands down my favorite zombie map.
I don't like the idea of building things and I don't like how complicated these maps are getting. I loved Der Riese, Kino, Verukkt, and the other 2 W@W maps because of the simplicity of the maps. Die Rise is to much up and down I like it to be more level.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:19 PM
Spazmatic Dan
Force Beyond Measure

Well guys, I'm sorry to say that I've officially decided I'm done with this game. The connection issues on the Xbox (the typical crap you get from the console hosting now with lag comp) has finally, after purchasing many iterations of this game, worn thin.

I simply cannot enjoy myself any more. Its too bad, because I love the games. I can't even get mad at it anymore...I just have zero desire to play because of it.

I really don't think I'm ever buying another CoD game unless they improve this. I'm just so exhaustingly sick of the inconsistent latency (often even within the same game) and the games breaking because someone decided to turn the Xbox off (I don't fault the players for it either...you should be able to turn the thing off if you are frustrated without ruining everyone else's game - especially when much of that frustration stems from the stupid lag or lag compensation to begin with).

Ah Black Ops II....you will always hold that special "well, its better than MW3!" place in my heart.

Last edited by Spazmatic Dan: 03-15-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old
03-15-2013, 02:05 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
Well guys, I'm sorry to say that I've officially decided I'm done with this game. The connection issues on the Xbox (the typical crap you get from the console hosting now with lag comp) has finally, after purchasing many iterations of this game, worn thin.

I simply cannot enjoy myself any more. Its too bad, because I love the games. I can't even get mad at it anymore...I just have zero desire to play because of it.

I really don't think I'm ever buying another CoD game unless they improve this. I'm just so exhaustingly sick of the inconsistent latency (often even within the same game) and the games breaking because someone decided to turn the Xbox off (I don't fault the players for it either...you should be able to turn the thing off if you are frustrated without ruining everyone else's game - especially when much of that frustration stems from the stupid lag or lag compensation to begin with).

Ah Black Ops II....you will always hold that special "well, its better than MW3!" place in my heart.
You're not wrong. It'd be awesome if Treyarch and Activision took a year or two off to really perfect a dedicated server system and take the game from good to legendary. But that's just not going to happen. The CoD series is a cash cow, and all they have to do to make millions is keep pumping out game after game year after year.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Spazmatic Dan
Force Beyond Measure

Quote:
You're not wrong. It'd be awesome if Treyarch and Activision took a year or two off to really perfect a dedicated server system and take the game from good to legendary. But that's just not going to happen. The CoD series is a cash cow, and all they have to do to make millions is keep pumping out game after game year after year.
Its true. As long as they make the ridiculous money they do there is no incentive to change to dedicated servers. Its unfortunate, because it would make the game immeasurably better.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:10 PM
Smelling Salt

Send a message via MSN to Smelling Salt
I dunno. They would probably still use lag compensation on dedicated servers and people would still complain about lag.

I have been playing FPSers online for over 15 years and lag will always be a complaint. Ahh the good ol' HPB vs LPB in the olden days.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:29 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelling Salt View Post
I dunno. They would probably still use lag compensation on dedicated servers and people would still complain about lag.

I have been playing FPSers online for over 15 years and lag will always be a complaint. Ahh the good ol' HPB vs LPB in the olden days.
It's true, perhaps our kids will be luckier than us.

Funny day today. Went 1-4 when playing league with my buddy. Then the Xbox servers cut out for us (did that happen to everyone?) for about 15 minutes. He had to go to work. I always stay on after he gets off and play until I lose or I run out my bonus. Win my next three games Kid must be bringing me down every game

Gold rank 7 now.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:57 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

FAL w/ Suppressor, Quickdraw and Millimeter Scanner... Oh my. So good. Even without FMJ (which you can't use while using MMS) the wall penetration is killer.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:46 AM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Highest round total in BLOPS2 zombies to date. All my pride. I kinda went down in stupid fashion though. Accidentally ran myself into the cabinet in the Buddha room and got swarmed from all sides. No downs to that point actually. Was pretty proud of that. Had who's who, tried going up the upper deck, having them chase me then revive myself. Got downed during the revive process (didn't know that a who's who down counts as a down) when I should've just ran myself around until the who's who time limit ran out. I'd lose my quick revive, but all I'd have to do is make it through 2 more rounds and I'd be getting a free perk. Still never got around to doing an entire round with JUST the ray gun. Oh well. I'll get to 40 eventually.

EDIT: Wait...no...that's a lie. Forgot me and my friend made it to round 39 on Nuketown Zombies on the 360. Highest solo score and highest PS3 score

Last edited by DuckJet: 03-16-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old
03-16-2013, 05:09 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Every game of league today somebody quit.

Every. Single. Game.

Nothing more frustrating than that.

Had to quit two games myself because I was the last player left

Old
03-16-2013, 05:40 PM
leova

Quote:
Had to quit two games myself because I was the last player left
uh..why is that not an auto-win?

Old
03-16-2013, 06:03 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
uh..why is that not an auto-win?
It was for the other team

The way it worked out in those two games was the lobby started up 4v4 as usual. One player dashboarded before the game started but it was too late because the game was already loaded in, 4v3. These games always follow the same pattern. Someone on the team with 3 quits, and then it's 4v2. When I'm part of the 2 I always just try to play the game out, but the other person always quits.

So, in those two games it was 4 v me, no point in playing that out and wasting time, so I quit, other team gets an auto win, and I get probation for quitting. w00 w00

EDIT - I see now. I should have worded my original post better. I was the last player left on my team.

Old
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:

The way it worked out in those two games was the lobby started up 4v4 as usual. One player dashboarded before the game started but it was too late because the game was already loaded in, 4v3. These games always follow the same pattern. Someone on the team with 3 quits, and then it's 4v2. When I'm part of the 2 I always just try to play the game out, but the other person always quits.

So, in those two games it was 4 v me, no point in playing that out and wasting time, so I quit, other team gets an auto win, and I get probation for quitting. w00 w00

EDIT - I see now. I should have worded my original post better. I was the last player left on my team.
i hate probation. team kill boot, host migration fail, team kill boot, host migration=5 min timeout. one night 2 of my friends were in probation all night long with constant 5 min probation cause they team killed then the game kept migrating and failing. **** was hilarious to me though

Old
03-16-2013, 06:31 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
FAL w/ Suppressor, Quickdraw and Millimeter Scanner... Oh my. So good. Even without FMJ (which you can't use while using MMS) the wall penetration is killer.
blah i dont like the mm scanner for multiplayer. id rather have a different attachment in its place along with finding the sight distracting. i need around 180 kills then i can put that thing away for good, although the plus thing is im done with target finder and i like the scanner more then that other piece of ****.

Old
03-16-2013, 07:07 PM
leova

Quote:

ah, yeah, i totally read it as "my enemies quit and then so did i"

anyway, how is League play overall? I had some iffy experiences early on, is it at all better than plain matchmaking?

Old
03-16-2013, 08:00 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
ah, yeah, i totally read it as "my enemies quit and then so did i"

anyway, how is League play overall? I had some iffy experiences early on, is it at all better than plain matchmaking?
I've been playing only league play as of late. I'm not a serious gamer by any means, I only run with one other friend when I play, I don't have a team.

Solo it's basically useless. Even running with just my one other friend it's really not all that amazing because sometimes we get some terribad teammates. I just like the idea of climbing the ladder. I'm sick of being in gold, and want to get into platinum so bad at this point

If you're running by yourself, don't bother. But if you can get one or two, or if you're real lucky four buddies together to run, then I think it's a lot of fun. People actually play the objective, and sometimes you run into some really great players so the challenge is good. It's nice playing a game of hardpoint where people actually go for the HP. I also like the 4v4. Games are still fast enough to stay interesting.

It's three game modes (CTF, SnD, HP), and a map rotation of about four or five maps. I've been having more fun in league than regular rotation of late for sure.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:23 PM
Carl Carlson

Played for an hour last night. First time I've played in almost 2 weeks. Lag still sucks but I used a shotgun RPG combo with scavenger and basically played as annoying as I could.

Closed Thread