HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bouillon with a knee injury ?

Old
07-30-2006, 05:17 PM
GSK*

vCash: 500
Bouillon with a knee injury ?

I hope he's not gonna be out for a long time, without him the MTL d-man squad s*ck.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:18 PM
KLu

Send a message via MSN to KLu
Link? Where did you get that

KLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Ginoro

I don't remember our d-man squad sucking that much without him, many ppl (I would even say close to half of the fans here) were ready to play Streit instead of him at the end of the season... Sure, he brings something that other d-man don't but he's not irreplaceable like Markov.

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/209629.html

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Habs13

I wonder if this is a result of that cheap hit from the Penguins player.. whos name I forget.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:28 PM
NewBlood

It seems that Streit is also injured (it was written in La Presse this past week), witch means that we might have to start the season with Côté as our 6th d-man.

NewBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:32 PM
TheHoser

Anyone feel like translating the artical for me...?

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:36 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
I don't remember our d-man squad sucking that much without him, many ppl (I would even say close to half of the fans here) were ready to play Streit instead of him at the end of the season... Sure, he brings something that other d-man don't but he's not irreplaceable like Markov.
IMO, think our d-man squad suck without Bouillon.

I like Bouillon, Markov and 1 game on 2 for Komisarek.

I'm tired to see Rivet in the Blue, White, Red Team.

Sourray, when he dont broke his stick 3 slapshot on 4, and when he dont get by guy like Spezza, he can do the job, but he need to play a little bit physical.

Mark Streit with the Canadiens is not the same Mark Streit i've seen at the Olympic ( Torino ) Streit was amazing with the puck.

I Very like our offensive squad, people who said we didnt have good players, if they all stay heatly, Koivu & Kovalev can hit de 80-90, Samsonov the 80, and Ryder and Higgins can score more then 30. So offensivly we rules.

I think we good a real number one d-man, Andrei Markov is one of my favorite MTL players, but he's more a number #2 defensmen then number one in a lot of team. But he's a great quarterback no doubt.

But we need a better shutdown d-men and get out Rivet ( i know its impossible ).

And for Dandenault, he did his job, like he always do.

Last edited by montreal: 07-30-2006 at 07:07 PM. Reason: filter circumvention
GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Mackee

Why the hate for Rivet? He had an extremely solid season last year.

Sucks if Cube misses time, but this could be Cote's chance to take the ball and run with it.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:52 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
i agree , prefer boullion but comfortable having streit in there

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 05:59 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post

Sourray, when he dont broke his stick 3 slapshot on 4, and when he dont get A$$ r@pe by guy like Spezza, he can do the job, but he need to play a little bit physical.

Mark Streit with the Canadiens is not the same Mark Streit i've seen at the Olympic ( Torino ) Streit was amazing with the puck.

I Very like our offensive squad, people who said we didnt have good players, if they all stay heatly, Koivu & Kovalev can hit de 80-90, Samsonov the 80, and Ryder and Higgins can score more then 30. So offensivly we rules.

I think we good a real number one d-man, Andrei Markov is one of my favorite MTL players, but he's more a number #2 defensmen then number one in a lot of team. But he's a great quarterback no doubt.

But we need a better shutdown d-men and get out Rivet ( i know its impossible ).

gotta disagree on the rivet opinion ,imo his a solid if not spectacular all round d-man , sure he has a brain fart once in a while but overall a very reliable defender .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
meh, we have two and a half months to go before the season. we'll be fine, i think.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
Anyone feel like translating the artical for me...?
Others on this site are much more capable than I, but here goes:

Francis Bouillon will go to Colorado to examine his left knee.
Canadien's defenseman, Francis Bouillon will have to go to Vail in Colorado Tuesday because of a persistent injury to his left knee. It will be evaluated in Vail by Doctor Steadman, an expert in this field. It is still not known if an operation to his knee will be necessary, but a final decision will be made in Colorado.

Last edited by Psycho Papa Joe: 07-30-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Butch#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
I wonder if this is a result of that cheap hit from the Penguins player.. whos name I forget.
Niklas Nordgren I think

Butch#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 07:14 PM
TheHoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch#3 View Post
Niklas Nordgren I think
I'm still convinced he did it on purpose. Nordgren was the guy Boullion cleared during the Bobby Orr rush. I still remember the play - the puck was going in for icing and Boullion raced back to get it, and Nordgren, without even trying to go for the puck as someone would in that situation, just goes straight for Boullion. Didn't even look at the puck. I really hope it doesn't cost us.

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Pascal

How nice of this to surface AFTER he signed his contract. I guess his agent didn't use that one as a bargaining chip.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 08:45 PM
oli500

Theres still lots of time left. Its not like the season is starting tomorow so no need to panic. Even if he did miss the first month or two it would give a youngster an oportunity to steal someones spot. I actualy wouldent mind having bouillon miss the first 3 months to have him fresh for the second half and for the playoff run. Hes a key member of are defensive unit because he hits and plays alot of minuts but because hes not very big his body weres down and cant seem to handle a full season at a high pace of hockey, at least it showed in the second half last year. If fresh and healthy bouillon could be very effective for a strech run and a playoff run.

If hes got the slightes knee injury come training camp it would be wise to have him miss the first month or two. With Komisarek ready to take on the load were in good hands.

Same goes with komisarek,markov,rivet. If they have the slightes injury let tham sit a couple of weeks and trust the kids down on the farm. Dont let tham play with an injury cause I know some players played in pain. It can back fire in the long run. Its important to have a healthy defensive unit come playoffs. Thats one of the reason carolina had so much suces last year in the playoffs and why Ottawa choke again.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
You guys are taking it too seriously, i dont mind at all having Cote start the season IF francis doesnt recover in time.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Schooner Guy

I didn't like the Bouillon signing as soon as it was announced. I like it much less now.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 09:33 PM
znk

This sux. Bouillon usualy has great season starts. He was our best D durring the first month last year. And if this is the same injury who bothered him at the end lof last season it's not good.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2006, 11:31 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHoser View Post
I'm still convinced he did it on purpose. Nordgren was the guy Boullion cleared during the Bobby Orr rush. I still remember the play - the puck was going in for icing and Boullion raced back to get it, and Nordgren, without even trying to go for the puck as someone would in that situation, just goes straight for Boullion. Didn't even look at the puck. I really hope it doesn't cost us.
I saw the hit in person and I can actually say it looked like Nordgren was racing with a bit of intent towards Bouillon. That hit-rush-goal was awesome though..

Also, I don't understand the lack of trust towards Cote. He is a solid stay-at-home defender who can hit as well. He's a saviour in Hamilton and looked solid as well with the CH

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I saw the hit in person and I can actually say it looked like Nordgren was racing with a bit of intent towards Bouillon. That hit-rush-goal was awesome though..

Also, I don't understand the lack of trust towards Cote. He is a solid stay-at-home defender who can hit as well. He's a saviour in Hamilton and looked solid as well with the CH
BOUILLON will be back, if not he might only miss a month and then come back fresh and ready.

I'd love to see J-P COTE, and not Streit out there as 6th d-man.

J-P Cote is great/smart defensively, he's huge and he hits.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 01:53 AM
Stefan

Send a message via MSN to Stefan
I love Habs fans. We're seriously worried about an injury in July. A special brand we sure are

Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 06:00 AM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post

Sourray, when he dont broke his stick 3 slapshot on 4, and when he dont get by guy like Spezza, he can do the job, but he need to play a little bit physical.

The team went on a big winning streak at the end of last year after he got injured to make the playoffs so...hes good but dont overrate the guy please.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2006, 07:12 AM
onice

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge View Post
Why the hate for Rivet? He had an extremely solid season last year.

Sucks if Cube misses time, but this could be Cote's chance to take the ball and run with it.
They're using balls now in hockey? Whatever happened to those black things - pucks I think they're called?

onice is offline   Reply With Quote