HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kerry Fraser says Wheeler's goal should've been disallowed

Old
03-14-2013, 12:04 PM
NIKO G
TWITTER: @NJG_ITA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Let's not play the blame game. A good team can recover from that.
No one's saying the leaf's are a good team, so you're comment is irrelevant.

It's just simply stating the obvious,The ref's didn't stop the play when the net was off, when they should have. And they didn't call 3 penalties that should of been powerplays for us but they give Winnipeg powerplays for BS calls.

NIKO G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 12:56 PM
MapleLeafs9

I don't think you guys understand. If something doesn't happen, it changes the game completely. It doesn't mean that because a goal would have been disallowed, it would have been 4-2 instead of 5-2...It would have been a completely different game.

We were playing REALLY well at the start of the 2nd period. Kessel's goal got the team even more pumped, and if the ref blows the whistle after the Jets' net came off, we faceoff in their zone, their goal never happens, our hot play continues, the 5 on 3 never happens, which we absolutely choked on down 2-1 and gave the Jets momentum.

I have moved on from the game, it's over and there's nothing we can do about it now, but it's little mistakes like this that the refs make that absolutely piss me off.

MapleLeafs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:06 PM
DionPhaneuf3

No **** . It's no secret that the referees were horrible that game . Net is off, thats an automatic whistle every time especially when the play is in the offensive end. A lot of people saying leafs played like crap, take that wheeler goal away its a 1-1 game with a F/O in the offensive zone. Completely changes everything. The momentum and flow of the game. If that call was made, maybe it's us that go up 2-1 ?

DionPhaneuf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:38 PM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81inblueandwhite View Post
lol **** you Kerry - yeah i said it
Haha my thoughts exactly .

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionPhaneuf3 View Post
Net is off, thats an automatic whistle every time especially when the play is in the offensive end.
No it isn't. It's a whistle if the Leafs get possession. If Winnipeg gets possession, and start heading the other way, why blow the whistle?

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Borjes Baumingdyk
OurFanbaseIsTheEnemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daner View Post
TSN needs to come up with some material on their own. "C'mon ref" is a clearly stealing the "C'mon Man" from monday night football. They also have "the quiz" during 1st intermissions which is very similar to "Around the Horn" with Tony Reali.

Even Sportsnet copied the "c'mon man" with the ever so popular "Are you kidding me?".

It basically comes down to Canadians having know idea about tv programming/ideas.
Oh ok, then "Football night in America" must have been thought up eons ago by the masterminds in the states to show nfl games eh? And where exactly do you live huh? BTW, whats the definition for the word "know" versus "no"

Borjes Baumingdyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:47 PM
MapleLeafs9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
No it isn't. It's a whistle if the Leafs get possession. If Winnipeg gets possession, and start heading the other way, why blow the whistle?
No, it's a whistle no matter what because the Jets caused the net to be knocked off. Did you even read the article?

Old
03-14-2013, 07:16 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
No, it's a whistle no matter what because the Jets caused the net to be knocked off. Did you even read the article?
That's where the grey area comes in.

A Leaf player knocked it off. Was he pushed? Did he embellish it? Could he have stopped himself from knocking the net off?

Old
03-14-2013, 09:51 PM
NIKO G
TWITTER: @NJG_ITA

If a vet ref is coming out after the game and saying it should of been blown when the net came off due to the fact the Winnipeg player pushed the leaf into the net which is how it came off in the first place. Then clearly he's seen the play and knows the game and rules and would of blew the whistle.... Like what should of happened.

NIKO G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:34 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKO G View Post
If a vet ref is coming out after the game and saying it should of been blown when the net came off due to the fact the Winnipeg player pushed the leaf into the net which is how it came off in the first place. Then clearly he's seen the play and knows the game and rules and would of blew the whistle.... Like what should of happened.
In his opinion.

Or course, he gets the benefit of replays. In real time, it's perfectly reasonable for the referees to let the play continue.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:39 AM
Confucius

Who cares what Fraser says, he was a ****** ref anyway

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:44 PM
MapleLeafs9

Quote:
In his opinion.

Or course, he gets the benefit of replays. In real time, it's perfectly reasonable for the referees to let the play continue.
No, it is not his opinion. Like you said, he has seen the replays and states from the official rulebook that a Jet caused the net to be knocked off; therefore, there should have been a whistle and a faceoff in the Jets end, making it fact, not opinion.

Also, it should not be perfectly reasonable for refs to let the play continue, because it was the wrong call. You have 4 officials on the ice and they are all either blind, or don't understand the rule, and if that's the case, then the refs really are blowing ass this year like everyone believes.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
No, it is not his opinion. Like you said, he has seen the replays and states from the official rulebook that a Jet caused the net to be knocked off; therefore, there should have been a whistle and a faceoff in the Jets end, making it fact, not opinion.
In his opinion, the Jets were responsible for knocking the net off.

Quote:
Also, it should not be perfectly reasonable for refs to let the play continue, because it was the wrong call. You have 4 officials on the ice and they are all either blind, or don't understand the rule, and if that's the case, then the refs really are blowing ass this year like everyone believes.
It's not a black and white call.

If a Jets player knocks the net off, it's an automatic call. If a Jets player shoves a Leaf, and that Leaf player then knocks the net off, the official has a judgement call to make.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM
CanadianLov3

Lets put this behind us since it is the past. Bad calls in that game and everything was going right for the Jets and wrong for the Leafs starting with that 5 on 3, just a bad game overall. Games like this happen to a lot of teams. Just gotta bounce back which will happen starting Saturday against them.

CanadianLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Soble

vCash: 50
Quote:
Did you watch the replay? I did. In real time and in slow motion. I thought the Leaf player was more responsible in knocking the net off than the Jets D-man who barely touched him, and wasn't even in the TV screen by the time the net got brushed off. It looked similar to goalie interference calls - a guy gets guided toward the goalie by a D-man but still must make an effort to avoid contact with the 'tender.

Soble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:07 PM
MapleLeafs9

Quote:
In his opinion, the Jets were responsible for knocking the net off.
I can play this game too. Fact, the Jets were responsible for knocking the net off.

Quote:
It's not a black and white call.

If a Jets player knocks the net off, it's an automatic call. If a Jets player shoves a Leaf, and that Leaf player then knocks the net off, the official has a judgement call to make.
And it was poor judgment at that.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:13 PM
contour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stix and Stones View Post
Who cares what Fraser says, he was a ****** ref anyway
Lets put the past behind us. Fraser admitted his mistake on the incident.

contour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by contour View Post
Lets put the past behind us. Fraser admitted his mistake on the incident.
Nope, he can go make his living in L A. A couple of major screwups with the Nordiques as well. I read he's a spokesperson for the C N I B. How appropriate

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:32 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
I can play this game too. Fact, the Jets were responsible for knocking the net off.
In your opinion, it's a fact.

A Maple Leaf knocked the net off. A Jet pushed that Maple Leaf towards the net.

Quote:
And it was poor judgment at that.
Too bad they weren't as impartial as you are....

Old
03-15-2013, 06:22 PM
MapleLeafs9

Quote:
In your opinion, it's a fact.

A Maple Leaf knocked the net off. A Jet pushed that Maple Leaf towards the net.

Too bad they weren't as impartial as you are....
#7 of the Jets, Derek Meech, pushed #41 of the Maple Leafs, Nikolai Kulemin, into the Jets net, knocking off the net.

Correct?

I'm interested in seeing how you try and spin this. You're amusing, I'll give you that, but you're wearing out your little antics

Old
03-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

Quote:
Originally Posted by yideboit View Post
that article really pissed me off on many levels

firstly how fraser has a job with tsn judging other refs when he was terrible himself

pretty scabby thing to do in my eyes!

second how he is still so blindly biased / stupid that he makes comments like saying it didnt effect the outcome cuz the leafs lost by more than that anyways

has he not heard of / witnessed momentum?

third the comments really "grind my gears"

some comments seemed to think the leafs were favoured by the refs... how this is even remotely possible to justify saying is mind boggling

this was easily one of the worst officiated games i've seen this year based on:

1) the 2 scrums where they took 1 player each team (kessel and kadri) were the leafs they took were BOTH instigated by unnecessary and needless antics by winnipeg ... great strategy to get the 2 stars off and foolish by them to retaliate... but still stupid to give 2 and 2 like that in a unnecessary blatantly instigated scrum like that

2) there was AT LEAST 3 occasions where the leafs dumped the puck and tried to zip past the dman only to be interfered with and while i despise that penalty ... fact is that it IS a penalty

3) the goal that shouldnt have been

4) the dirty hit that was judged to be a minor ... i'd bet money that if the leafs werent up a man right there that would 100% be a major ... and still should have been!

--

this may just come across as whining and while a good team should be able to overcome some adversity ... the leafs arent a great team and cant overcome getting ***** by the refs like this ...

this isnt the first time i've seen the refs missing blatant **** one way or the other this year and i think its long overdue to figure out a way to keep the integrity of this game in tact and start reprimanding refs for doing blatantly bad jobs like this
Is that not what Toronto's entire identity is?

rough up the opponents stars? Play tough hockey?

Tom ServoMST3K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:24 PM
gholas

It made Headlines.

gholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Dreakmur

Quote:
#7 of the Jets, Derek Meech, pushed #41 of the Maple Leafs, Nikolai Kulemin, into the Jets net, knocking off the net.

Correct?
Whether he was pushed is only half of the issue. The other half is whether he was able to avoid the net after being pushed. That's where the judgement part comes in.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 1117
http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocente...WPG316&lang=en

Laffable this is getting debated so much...

Mathil8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:04 PM
MapleLeafs9

Quote:
Whether he was pushed is only half of the issue. The other half is whether he was able to avoid the net after being pushed. That's where the judgement part comes in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathil8 View Post
http://video.jets.nhl.com/videocente...WPG316&lang=en

Laffable this is getting debated so much...
This video is proof. You can tell by his balance that he had no way of avoiding the net, which it seems like you're implying, dreakmur, that he intentionally knocked the net off? Lol, yeah, like he'll do that during an offensive chance.

Like I said earlier, where you also mocked me for not being impartial, it was very poor judgment on the official(s) part.

EDIT: and also leads to the point of how refs have been trash this year, which I am not sure how anyone can disagree. Especially with GMs saying this is the worst officiating they have seen in recent years.