HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pitt make a major move at the deadline. They have a lot of good young players and probably want to make sure they can get a good run in with Malkin and Crosby. Not saying they won't re-sign Malkin, but you never know.
It's tough because there aren't many moves to be made. Iginla is the big piece that's out there. What else would help the Pens? So many teams are in the hunt that it's damn near impossible to find someone you need.

I think folks get enamored with the idea of Iginla on Crosby's wing. I hear it every day here in Pittsburgh. "Sid needs a winger!" Why? He's the best player in the NHL already, and he has unreal chemistry with Kunitz and Dupuis, both of whom are killing it right now. Don't mess with what works. They need another stabilizing presence on the back end. That defensive group took a nose dive when Scuderi left.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:15 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It's tough because there aren't many moves to be made. Iginla is the big piece that's out there. What else would help the Pens? So many teams are in the hunt that it's damn near impossible to find someone you need.

I think folks get enamored with the idea of Iginla on Crosby's wing. I hear it every day here in Pittsburgh. "Sid needs a winger!" Why? He's the best player in the NHL already, and he has unreal chemistry with Kunitz and Dupuis, both of whom are killing it right now. Don't mess with what works. They need another stabilizing presence on the back end. That defensive group took a nose dive when Scuderi left.
I wouldn't be surprised if they look for both a top-4 d-man signed longer than just this season and another winger. The problem is that their 3rd line wingers are not very good. Adding a top-6 winger pushes Dupuis down which is a good thing.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:26 PM
esidebill

Quote:

You could stick Sid into any offensive and have amazing results. I can't see why he'd need an Iginla at all on his wing. They'd be better off mixing him elsewhere in the lineup.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:30 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Scoring is not Pitt's issue. I could see Boston, Montreal, Vancouver making runs at Iginla. Doubt Calgary would trade him within the division, though.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:35 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Any reason the Canucks would deal for Gaborik?

I can see Gaborik in that jersey.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:49 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Teams don't usually trade guys they just drafted at the following deadline. They don't carry too much value to teams who are dangling rental players. At some point, if all the prospects pan out, we'll have to consider moving a defensemen. However, until someone is knocking at the door and there's no room on the roster, I think guys like Skjei will stay with the organization.
Off the top of my head Coyle and Rundblad were traded the year after they were drafted and carried some big value.

I feel like there isn't much time to waste anymore with the Rangers. Lundqvist is getting older and we honestly have no clue how long he will keep up this level of play, and I'm in the group that thinks we should keep Gaborik here until his contract expires. If we can get a solid trade right now we could be seeing a complete team that can contend and truly considered one of the best. Skjei is one of our more valuable assets that we truly don't have a need for and won't have any effect on the current team, or possibly even the team 4 years from now. The Rangers could very seriously miss the playoffs this year. This isn't the time to burn a year off this team, they should be doing everything it takes to win a cup while this window is open. We aren't going to get *much* better (if at all) waiting for Kreider and Miller to further develop but losing Gaborik and Richards getting worse.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Old
03-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post

I don't know if they're looking to add another soft top-end forward to their stable.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:56 PM
esidebill

Quote:

Maybe for Kesler or a defenseman (I figure someone like Hamhuis is getting up there in years). I don't know how many Canucks would be okay with that. They're an okay scoring team, but Gaborik with any of the Sedins would be nasty.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
Off the top of my head Coyle and Rundblad were traded the year after they were drafted and carried some big value.

I feel like there isn't much time to waste anymore with the Rangers. Lundqvist is getting older and we honestly have no clue how long he will keep up this level of play, and I'm in the group that thinks we should keep Gaborik here until his contract expires. If we can get a solid trade right now we could be seeing a complete team that can contend and truly considered one of the best. Skjei is one of our more valuable assets that we truly don't have a need for and won't have any effect on the current team, or possibly even the team 4 years from now. The Rangers could very seriously miss the playoffs this year. This isn't the time to burn a year off this team, they should be doing everything it takes to win a cup while this window is open. We aren't going to get *much* better (if at all) waiting for Kreider and Miller to further develop but losing Gaborik and Richards getting worse.
Coyle was a solid piece added to acquire a player the team really liked. Setoguchi really made that deal. Rundblad was dealt on draft day for another prospect. Slightly different situations there.

I understand what you're saying, but I just don't think Skjei holds as much value to another team as he does to us.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
Maybe for Kesler or a defenseman (I figure someone like Hamhuis is getting up there in years). I don't know how many Canucks would be okay with that. They're an okay scoring team, but Gaborik with any of the Sedins would be nasty.
it would be tough to get kesler for gabs, but one positive note why its a possibility is they've won without him and hes more injury prone then gabs.. we'd have to add, prob way more then we would want..

Old
03-15-2013, 03:03 PM
esidebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
it would be tough to get kesler for gabs, but one positive note why its a possibility is they've won without him and hes more injury prone then gabs.. we'd have to add, prob way more then we would want..
I'd give a lot for a competent pair of center men on the top lines

Old
03-15-2013, 03:10 PM
GAGLine

Quote:

Gabby would do really well next to the Sedins, but their cap situation is a mess. 60 mil committed to 14 players next year. I don't see a way to make a trade with them work.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:26 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Gabby would do really well next to the Sedins, but their cap situation is a mess. 60 mil committed to 14 players next year. I don't see a way to make a trade with them work.
you would need a 3rd team, if gab goes, booth has to be traded away.. i dont want him anywhere near this team.. but they would be ok if its gabs+ for kessler 7.5 to 5m im sure they can figure something out to trade booth.. plus after this year corey or luongo will have to be traded that opens up even more 4-5m..

if we got kessler tho, it would def mean the end of Richards, bc thats to much money tied down to the center position...

Hags-Stepan-Nash
X(Kreider)-Kessler-Callahan

Old
03-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Cmox

The hardest thing about moving Gabby is going to be his salary. So I guess if you're playing guessing games think of a team with money or money to move plus they have to be on his list.

Quote:
The Rangers seek a ďa right-handed, top-four blueliner and would also like to add a couple of bottom-six, grinding type forwards."
With all this info we can break it down but I doubt Gabby gets moved.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:53 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

VAN has Booth,Garrison and Ballard on their cap. $13M for next season. Booth and Ballard have two more seasons remaining. Garrison has 5 more years. You thought the Rangers have issues.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
VAN has Booth,Garrison and Ballard on their cap. $13M for next season. Booth and Ballard have two more seasons remaining. Garrison has 5 more years. You thought the Rangers have issues.
atleast they have 2 buyouts. Rangers dont have problems, if they want to buy out Richards they can. Gaboirk is tradeable, 40 goal scorer last yr, if it wasnt a short yr we wouldnt be flipping out

Old
03-15-2013, 05:05 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Coyle was a solid piece added to acquire a player the team really liked. Setoguchi really made that deal. Rundblad was dealt on draft day for another prospect. Slightly different situations there.

I understand what you're saying, but I just don't think Skjei holds as much value to another team as he does to us.
The Wild traded Leddy for Barker Right after drafting Leddy in 09.

Hopefully Slats can swing a similar deal.

03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
ecemleafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
The Wild traded Leddy for Barker Right after drafting Leddy in 09.

Hopefully Slats can swing a similar deal.
worst trade of all time?

Old
03-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Dorado*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
worst trade of all time?
Goligoski for Neal and Niskanen .

Old
03-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
worst trade of all time?
Are we counting Milbury trades?

Even then Gomez-McDonagh trumps it.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:01 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
Gaborik with the Sedins? We could name them the "Charmin Squeezably Soft" line!

Old
03-15-2013, 07:04 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Following the Barker-Leddy trade, let's trade Stu Bickel to Winnipeg for Jacob Trouba!

What a steal for Chicago.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

If Detroit offered
Jurco + First (Top 10 protected) + one of
Quincey/White/Andersson/Emmerton/Abdelkader

I am torn between Andersson and Abdlekader with a slight edge to Andersson.

What do you guys think?

Old
03-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
If Detroit offered
Jurco + First (Top 10 protected) + one of
Quincey/White/Andersson/Emmerton/Abdelkader

I am torn between Andersson and Abdlekader with a slight edge to Andersson.

What do you guys think?
Not a fan. Would prefer Jarnkrok, Tatar, Sproul, Smith or Nyqvist instead of Jurco.

Wow, the Wings are absolutely stacked at the prospect department. Like 2x as deep as the Rangers. They have to be top 5 or close to top 5.

Closed Thread