HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Mikhail Grigorenko - Quebec Remparts, QMJHL (2012 draft) III

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 06:54 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo View Post
It's hard to say if he's either rushed or being mishandled at this point. He hasn't had a chance to play with any skill on his wing (save a few PP's) thus far. He occasionally will make a sick backhand playmaking attempt to someone who "should" be in the right spot.

Kinda hard to make plays when sharing a line with the likes of Jochen Hecht, John Scott, Pat Kaleta, etc.
His most common linemates are Hecht and Ott.

And while he'll occasionally make a slick pass, he'll more often rush things or make a pass to no one in particular.
If you look past his limited ice time and linemates that people like to complain about, he hasn't really done any of the little things correctly to earn any additional ice time.
He's a step behind defensively and does not want to or does not know how to compete on the boards at all.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:24 AM
Flynn84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deevo View Post
It's hard to say if he's either rushed or being mishandled at this point. He hasn't had a chance to play with any skill on his wing (save a few PP's) thus far. He occasionally will make a sick backhand playmaking attempt to someone who "should" be in the right spot.

Kinda hard to make plays when sharing a line with the likes of Jochen Hecht, John Scott, Pat Kaleta, etc.
He usually plays with Ott and Hecht. And couple of games with Foligno and Stafford.
He has a chance to prove themselves. Grigorenko is not completely NHL ready right now.
I hope he will be ready soon.

Just stats.
http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-com...gametype=ALL#A

Old
03-15-2013, 02:31 PM
bruinsfan46

Mikhail Grigorenko Sent Back To Quebec Remparts

https://twitter.com/RenLavoieRDS/sta...45604130029569

Quote:
Renaud Lavoie
‏@RenLavoieRDS
Mikhail Grigorenko is sent down to Quebec Remparts.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
Probably for the best

Old
03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
JayRosehillforMVP

Isn't a year already burned off his ELC? Did he underperform, or did they just want him to get more minutes in the Q? Really like Grigorenko. Confused by this.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:41 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
Isn't a year already burned off his ELC? Did he underperform, or did they just want him to get more minutes in the Q? Really like Grigorenko. Confused by this.
Yes, they burned a year of his ELC.

He was underwhelming, even for a rookie. Invisible 99% of the time.

He made a handful of good plays this whole season and that's being generous. He had no clue how to battle for the puck.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:42 PM
sweranger

About two months too late

Old
03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
kp61c

vCash: 833
what a letdown, i remember him saying a couple days ago that hes hoping to make top 6 by the end of the season. well, i quess hell make it... in Quebec

Old
03-15-2013, 02:43 PM
BobDobolina

vCash: 504
Finally. Huge props to Buffalo for at least admitting their mistake. Never should have stayed in the first place and that's not a knock on the kid, very very few 18yo kids (no jokes about his "real age" please) are ready to play in the NHL.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:44 PM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

It's the right move. He's young. Let him be a force on the top line of a playoff team in the Q rather than 4th line filler/benchwarmer in the NHL. He'll be back next year, and he should be better for it.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:45 PM
MacOfNiagara
Blue&Gold from birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers7 View Post
Just my opinion, but I watch every Sabres game, and have watched him closely.

- Only 18 and in a whole new culture, language, league. Overwhelmed.
- Poorly utilized / developed. Linemates and icetime and PP time were poorly handled and did not provide the best chance for growth
- Turmoil of the Sabres and coaching change this year. The whole team, even the savvy vets, are in disarray this year. How much more so an 18 year old foreign kid.

Positives:
- The talent is absolutely there. Just going to need a year or two at least to properly develop it
- Despite all the above listed challenges, Grigs has shown a great work ethic and attitude (Two suggested knocks on him going into the draft)

Old
03-15-2013, 02:45 PM
sabresfan129103

He wasn't close to ready for NHL duty. IDK WTF Sabres management was thinking keeping him here. Better late then never I suppose.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
joe89

It's good to admit a mistake, but pretty poor asset management overall.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:48 PM
bruinsfan46

Should have been sent back after five games but at the moment this is the better move than keeping him. Re-gain some confidence and work on some things at a level he can dominate with his talent.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:52 PM
sjci

vCash: 313
why I believe Grigorenko was sent down and the rationale behind it:

After playing in his 6th game, Grigorenko and the Sabres did use up a year of his ELC, however because he played in less than 23 games (He played in 22), he did not "accrue a season." So again, even though playing more than 5 games would burn the first year of Grigorenko's entry level contract, it would not immediately register 2013 as an "accrued year of service" for him when figuring out UFA eligibility. In the short season, an NHL player must be dressed for 23 games for it to count as an accrued year. What this means since he played less than 23 games this season, Grigorenko will still need 7 years of service before being eligible for unrestricted free agency.

So ya, we kinda screwed up this year with him. But I choose to see the positive side of this as:

A) We save a year of his free agency status.
B) While he didn't play as much as we all hoped or with players we would've liked, he did get some experience being a NHLer.
C) Hopefully this will light a fire under him and we see him control the Q. It's playoff time for them so Grigo will be thrown into the fire.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:52 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Yes, they burned a year of his ELC.

He was underwhelming, even for a rookie. Invisible 99% of the time.

He made a handful of good plays this whole season and that's being generous. He had no clue how to battle for the puck.
From the games I've seen he had little chance to play to his strengths. I mean he played on a checking containment line, what is there to say, you can't expect production!

Old
03-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Veritas0Aequitas

Anyone know if he'll play tonight?

Old
03-15-2013, 02:54 PM
umwoz

They kept him up under the assumption that they would be competitive. Or at least that's what it looked like.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

well that'll hurt him a bit

Old
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjci View Post
why I believe Grigorenko was sent down and the rationale behind it:

After playing in his 6th game, Grigorenko and the Sabres did use up a year of his ELC, however because he played in less than 23 games (He played in 22), he did not "accrue a season." So again, even though playing more than 5 games would burn the first year of Grigorenko's entry level contract, it would not immediately register 2013 as an "accrued year of service" for him when figuring out UFA eligibility. In the short season, an NHL player must be dressed for 23 games for it to count as an accrued year. What this means since he played less than 23 games this season, Grigorenko will still need 7 years of service before being eligible for unrestricted free agency.

So ya, we kinda screwed up this year with him. But I choose to see the positive side of this as:

A) We save a year of his free agency status.
B) While he didn't play as much as we all hoped or with players we would've liked, he did get some experience being a NHLer.
C) Hopefully this will light a fire under him and we see him control the Q. It's playoff time for them so Grigo will be thrown into the fire.
If correct this is a very important point. Good on you.

Old
sabresfan129103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
Anyone know if he'll play tonight?
It depends on when they made the decision. If he was on a plane this morning then he probably plays tonight. If they just made the decisions then who knows. I can't imagine there are many flights from Buffalo to Quebec.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:59 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King

vCash: 447
Good. I still think a well-developed Grigorenko can be a first line centre, but he is not going to learn that in Buffalo's current predicament. He needs to get stronger and a bit faster as well, so this upcoming summer should be crucial. His talent cannot be taught, and his attitude has always been great.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM
McTankel
HFBoards Sponsor

Wasting a year on his ELC is the biggest point for me, Regier needs to get fired...

Old
03-15-2013, 03:01 PM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacOfNiagara View Post
- Despite all the above listed challenges, Grigs has shown a great work ethic and attitude (Two suggested knocks on him going into the draft)
True. Never got down on himself or said anything negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
From the games I've seen he had little chance to play to his strengths. I mean he played on a checking containment line, what is there to say, you can't expect production!
He had a few chances, but never did anything with them, at all.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Skinnyjimmy08

hey quick question... Does he still get paid his NHL salary??... I remember when Sbisa was in the same situation and he got sent back to WHL after playing 30 some odd games and I swear i heard not only they wasted a year on his contract, but I thought I also heard he still got him NHL salary. Sounds like its highly unlikely, but you never know. Is this true?

Closed Thread