HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2013, 12:37 PM
  #951
segmentation fault
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey City
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
For who?
Does it even matter right now? You want to talk about accountability and sending messages, I think this would do just that.

segmentation fault is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 01:12 PM
  #952
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,437
vCash: 500
Couldn't get anything for him right now and if we did, everyone would scream about how 1 dimensional we are with just Nash and Richards (who's awful in his own right this yr)

Riche16 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 02:32 PM
  #953
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,296
vCash: 50
If we trade him there better be a first in that package, a top four D man and a decent offensive prospect. We could easily add a third to round things out if need be.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:11 PM
  #954
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
This whole RW/LW thing is really grinding my gears (to quote Peter Griffin). If you're an "elite" 7.5 mil a year player, you should make yourself at least noticeable out there on your off-wing. Playing on the LW does not make up for his lackluster forechecking and his timid play.

Why should Torts cater to Gaborik and place him ahead of Callahan when he's been absolutely invisible? If Gaborik wants to play RW, learn how to forecheck and play the body. Don't see rewarding him for piss poor play. If Gaborik was skating and playing hard, yea sure, bump him over/up. But for how he's been playing? **** no. Skate him on the third line (or on the LW) until he earns it.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:14 PM
  #955
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Guess Lundqvist should play forward. After all, he is paid 7mil. No excuses!

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:16 PM
  #956
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Guess Lundqvist should play forward. After all, he is paid 7mil. No excuses!
He'd probably do better than Richards...

Riverdale is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:47 PM
  #957
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
This whole RW/LW thing is really grinding my gears (to quote Peter Griffin). If you're an "elite" 7.5 mil a year player, you should make yourself at least noticeable out there on your off-wing. Playing on the LW does not make up for his lackluster forechecking and his timid play.

Why should Torts cater to Gaborik and place him ahead of Callahan when he's been absolutely invisible? If Gaborik wants to play RW, learn how to forecheck and play the body. Don't see rewarding him for piss poor play. If Gaborik was skating and playing hard, yea sure, bump him over/up. But for how he's been playing? **** no. Skate him on the third line (or on the LW) until he earns it.
Why can't Staal/MDZ/McDonagh play defense on the right side? After all, they're paid millions. I thought they were supposed to be elite? That is the most pressing need on the team right now.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:50 PM
  #958
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,525
vCash: 500
Gaborik for Kovalchuk straight up. Make it happen Slats

JohnC is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:52 PM
  #959
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Gaborik for Kovalchuk straight up. Make it happen Slats
Not a chance. Don't want to be stuck with the contract long term. I think Kovy is a good player, but he's lost a step from last yr too. It has disaster written all over it. He'd play as a grinder like all big name players do when the hone the blueshirt....

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 06:06 PM
  #960
abev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
abev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,582
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Not a chance. Don't want to be stuck with the contract long term. I think Kovy is a good player, but he's lost a step from last yr too. It has disaster written all over it. He'd play as a grinder like all big name players do when the hone the blueshirt....
Kovalchuk has more goals in his last 4 days than Gabroik has in his last 40.

abev is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 06:10 PM
  #961
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Why can't Staal/MDZ/McDonagh play defense on the right side? After all, they're paid millions. I thought they were supposed to be elite? That is the most pressing need on the team right now.
Staal and McDonagh aren't even close to being elite defensemen; and Del Zotto is "average" defensively at best and he won't improve all that much because he has no hockey sense at all!

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 06:14 PM
  #962
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
seriously... thats a bs excuse!! hes an elite player should be able to play any position needed.. he loooked better last night, but idk somethings up with him..as much as i want to have him here i want a change up.. we should trade and get multiple players
First of all, Gaborik is anything but an elite player; he is or has been an elite scorer and that's where it ends for him.

People need to stop throwing the word "elite" around when describing our hockey players!

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 06:16 PM
  #963
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Kovalchuk has more goals in his last 4 days than Gabroik has in his last 40.
LOL...and that is how you get a point across !

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 06:38 PM
  #964
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Staal and McDonagh aren't even close to being elite defensemen; and Del Zotto is "average" defensively at best and he won't improve all that much because he has no hockey sense at all!
you dont come in 6th in Norris if your not a good dman, deff not a fluke.. dman take longer to get Elite or develop, theyre both young (23 and 25) for a dman the way their playing... 27-28 is a key age for dman to come into their own, and i think we have studs on the back end.. they will be all-stars for years to come..

MDZ needs time, thats a key word time.. he will get there.. hes 22 as well and mistakes/slumps still will happen...not many teams have a dcorp like we have..

Mcd reminds me a lot like Scott Niedermayer.. very poised, leader and will eventually get that o game as well..

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 06:40 PM
  #965
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Kovalchuk has more goals in his last 4 days than Gabroik has in his last 40.
Oh no doubt Kovy would be by far the best player on the team. Just iffy on that contract. 15 yrs is a long time man.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 06:51 PM
  #966
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
I would love a trade for Gaborik for Kovy......last CBA.

With the recent implication of these long term contracts and their effects if Kovy retires early, it's a complete and utter no go.

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 06:53 PM
  #967
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
you dont come in 6th in Norris if your not a good dman, deff not a fluke.. dman take longer to get Elite or develop, theyre both young (23 and 25) for a dman the way their playing... 27-28 is a key age for dman to come into their own, and i think we have studs on the back end.. they will be all-stars for years to come..

MDZ needs time, thats a key word time.. he will get there.. hes 22 as well and mistakes/slumps still will happen...not many teams have a dcorp like we have..

Mcd reminds me a lot like Scott Niedermayer.. very poised, leader and will eventually get that o game as well..
I understand your point but I really think that "elite" is a stretch for any of our defensemen. Both Staal and McD are very good but they're not going to end up in the Chara, Weber, Karlsson, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Suter, Letang, Keith category anytime soon if at all.

As far as Del Zotto is concerned, he should never have been picked by us with Eberle and Carlson still on the board back in 2008.

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:05 PM
  #968
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I understand your point but I really think that "elite" is a stretch for any of our defensemen. Both Staal and McD are very good but they're not going to end up in the Chara, Weber, Karlsson, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Suter, Letang, Keith category anytime soon if at all.

As far as Del Zotto is concerned, he should never have been picked by us with Eberle and Carlson still on the board back in 2008.
There will never be another chara again for a long time, hes a generational player.. being that tall and mobile no way hahah.. doughty is suspect bc to me he got that big contract and has he really been playing up to it yet.. guy had an awful year and an amazing playoffs so hes a stretch.. but i agree with you.. i think defensively both staal and mcd are with them, but the others have an offensive game like no other.. which sets them apart from our two guys..

To me honestly.. I am not big on Carlson.. I think MDZ brings the same game, if not better when hes playing well..

At the end of the day theyre very young still and hopefully will make it to that level one day..

I am just glad stats doesn't sign our guys like the rest of the league signs their young guys bc wed be so over the cap already..and forced to trade dudes...

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:09 PM
  #969
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
I would love a trade for Gaborik for Kovy......last CBA.

With the recent implication of these long term contracts and their effects if Kovy retires early, it's a complete and utter no go.
If Kovy retires early, NJ gets the cap penalty.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
  #970
rholt168
Hank**3
 
rholt168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
This whole RW/LW thing is really grinding my gears (to quote Peter Griffin). If you're an "elite" 7.5 mil a year player, you should make yourself at least noticeable out there on your off-wing. Playing on the LW does not make up for his lackluster forechecking and his timid play.

Why should Torts cater to Gaborik and place him ahead of Callahan when he's been absolutely invisible? If Gaborik wants to play RW, learn how to forecheck and play the body. Don't see rewarding him for piss poor play. If Gaborik was skating and playing hard, yea sure, bump him over/up. But for how he's been playing? **** no. Skate him on the third line (or on the LW) until he earns it.
You don't pay someone 7.5 mil and have him play on his off-wing. Completely asinine.

rholt168 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:18 PM
  #971
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
If Kovy retires early, NJ gets the cap penalty.
Ahhh okay thanks for clearing that up. Wow that contract just keeps on hurting the Devils, it's quite hilarious.

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:48 PM
  #972
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rholt168 View Post
You don't pay someone 7.5 mil and have him play on his off-wing. Completely asinine.
I think it's more asinine that such a highly skilled forward with world-class speed can't be effective in different areas of the ice... Especially when he's getting preferential defensive match-ups due to opposing teams trying to focus on another forward playing on a different line.... Can Gaborik get any more one-dimensional? Apparently he can't forecheck, can't play defense well, can't stick-handle well or beat defenders one-on-one, doesn't kill penalties, and allegedly can't play anywhere else on the ice except for the right side.

Of course I don't believe he's truly incapable of doing these things, I think he has a mental block that prevents him from playing outside his 'comfort zone'.... He's physically capable of doing all of these things, he just hasn't figured out how to will himself into doing them.... Maybe that's a character flaw of his, I don't know....


Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-15-2013 at 09:06 PM.
wolfgaze is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 07:57 PM
  #973
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,619
vCash: 500
Gabby hasn't been moving his legs this season, and I have a hard time believing it's due to him playing on his off-wing. He's not going to be very effective if he isn't utilizing his skating ability. Gaborik, at the very least, bears some of the responsibility for his subpar play this season, as much as people don't want to hear that.

OverTheCap is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:12 AM
  #974
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
This whole RW/LW thing is really grinding my gears (to quote Peter Griffin). If you're an "elite" 7.5 mil a year player, you should make yourself at least noticeable out there on your off-wing. Playing on the LW does not make up for his lackluster forechecking and his timid play.

Why should Torts cater to Gaborik and place him ahead of Callahan when he's been absolutely invisible? If Gaborik wants to play RW, learn how to forecheck and play the body. Don't see rewarding him for piss poor play. If Gaborik was skating and playing hard, yea sure, bump him over/up. But for how he's been playing? **** no. Skate him on the third line (or on the LW) until he earns it.
Agree.

Grinding my gears, lol

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 10:10 AM
  #975
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Staal and McDonagh aren't even close to being elite defensemen; and Del Zotto is "average" defensively at best and he won't improve all that much because he has no hockey sense at all!
McDonagh is one of the best dmen on this team in the last 50 years. He is already in their top 10. The guy is an unbelievable talent and really young. Not elite? How many dmen would you take even-up for him? Bet it's not many.

Staal hasn't been quite the same since the injury, but he will probably be elite again.

chosen is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.