HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2013, 12:37 PM
segmentation fault

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
For who?
Does it even matter right now? You want to talk about accountability and sending messages, I think this would do just that.

Old
03-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Couldn't get anything for him right now and if we did, everyone would scream about how 1 dimensional we are with just Nash and Richards (who's awful in his own right this yr)

Old
03-15-2013, 02:32 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
If we trade him there better be a first in that package, a top four D man and a decent offensive prospect. We could easily add a third to round things out if need be.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:11 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

This whole RW/LW thing is really grinding my gears (to quote Peter Griffin). If you're an "elite" 7.5 mil a year player, you should make yourself at least noticeable out there on your off-wing. Playing on the LW does not make up for his lackluster forechecking and his timid play.

Why should Torts cater to Gaborik and place him ahead of Callahan when he's been absolutely invisible? If Gaborik wants to play RW, learn how to forecheck and play the body. Don't see rewarding him for piss poor play. If Gaborik was skating and playing hard, yea sure, bump him over/up. But for how he's been playing? **** no. Skate him on the third line (or on the LW) until he earns it.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Kershaw

Guess Lundqvist should play forward. After all, he is paid 7mil. No excuses!

Old
03-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Guess Lundqvist should play forward. After all, he is paid 7mil. No excuses!
He'd probably do better than Richards...

Old
03-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
This whole RW/LW thing is really grinding my gears (to quote Peter Griffin). If you're an "elite" 7.5 mil a year player, you should make yourself at least noticeable out there on your off-wing. Playing on the LW does not make up for his lackluster forechecking and his timid play.

Why should Torts cater to Gaborik and place him ahead of Callahan when he's been absolutely invisible? If Gaborik wants to play RW, learn how to forecheck and play the body. Don't see rewarding him for piss poor play. If Gaborik was skating and playing hard, yea sure, bump him over/up. But for how he's been playing? **** no. Skate him on the third line (or on the LW) until he earns it.
Why can't Staal/MDZ/McDonagh play defense on the right side? After all, they're paid millions. I thought they were supposed to be elite? That is the most pressing need on the team right now.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:50 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Gaborik for Kovalchuk straight up. Make it happen Slats

Old
03-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman View Post
Gaborik for Kovalchuk straight up. Make it happen Slats
Not a chance. Don't want to be stuck with the contract long term. I think Kovy is a good player, but he's lost a step from last yr too. It has disaster written all over it. He'd play as a grinder like all big name players do when the hone the blueshirt....

Old
03-15-2013, 06:06 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not a chance. Don't want to be stuck with the contract long term. I think Kovy is a good player, but he's lost a step from last yr too. It has disaster written all over it. He'd play as a grinder like all big name players do when the hone the blueshirt....
Kovalchuk has more goals in his last 4 days than Gabroik has in his last 40.

Old
03-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Why can't Staal/MDZ/McDonagh play defense on the right side? After all, they're paid millions. I thought they were supposed to be elite? That is the most pressing need on the team right now.
Staal and McDonagh aren't even close to being elite defensemen; and Del Zotto is "average" defensively at best and he won't improve all that much because he has no hockey sense at all!

Old
03-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
seriously... thats a bs excuse!! hes an elite player should be able to play any position needed.. he loooked better last night, but idk somethings up with him..as much as i want to have him here i want a change up.. we should trade and get multiple players
First of all, Gaborik is anything but an elite player; he is or has been an elite scorer and that's where it ends for him.

People need to stop throwing the word "elite" around when describing our hockey players!

Old
03-15-2013, 06:16 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
LOL...and that is how you get a point across !

Old
03-15-2013, 06:38 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Staal and McDonagh aren't even close to being elite defensemen; and Del Zotto is "average" defensively at best and he won't improve all that much because he has no hockey sense at all!
you dont come in 6th in Norris if your not a good dman, deff not a fluke.. dman take longer to get Elite or develop, theyre both young (23 and 25) for a dman the way their playing... 27-28 is a key age for dman to come into their own, and i think we have studs on the back end.. they will be all-stars for years to come..

MDZ needs time, thats a key word time.. he will get there.. hes 22 as well and mistakes/slumps still will happen...not many teams have a dcorp like we have..

Mcd reminds me a lot like Scott Niedermayer.. very poised, leader and will eventually get that o game as well..

Old
03-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Oh no doubt Kovy would be by far the best player on the team. Just iffy on that contract. 15 yrs is a long time man.

Old
03-15-2013, 06:51 PM
Emptyvoid

I would love a trade for Gaborik for Kovy......last CBA.

With the recent implication of these long term contracts and their effects if Kovy retires early, it's a complete and utter no go.

Old
03-15-2013, 06:53 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
you dont come in 6th in Norris if your not a good dman, deff not a fluke.. dman take longer to get Elite or develop, theyre both young (23 and 25) for a dman the way their playing... 27-28 is a key age for dman to come into their own, and i think we have studs on the back end.. they will be all-stars for years to come..

MDZ needs time, thats a key word time.. he will get there.. hes 22 as well and mistakes/slumps still will happen...not many teams have a dcorp like we have..

Mcd reminds me a lot like Scott Niedermayer.. very poised, leader and will eventually get that o game as well..
I understand your point but I really think that "elite" is a stretch for any of our defensemen. Both Staal and McD are very good but they're not going to end up in the Chara, Weber, Karlsson, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Suter, Letang, Keith category anytime soon if at all.

As far as Del Zotto is concerned, he should never have been picked by us with Eberle and Carlson still on the board back in 2008.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:05 PM
dethomas07

Quote:
I understand your point but I really think that "elite" is a stretch for any of our defensemen. Both Staal and McD are very good but they're not going to end up in the Chara, Weber, Karlsson, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Suter, Letang, Keith category anytime soon if at all.

As far as Del Zotto is concerned, he should never have been picked by us with Eberle and Carlson still on the board back in 2008.
There will never be another chara again for a long time, hes a generational player.. being that tall and mobile no way hahah.. doughty is suspect bc to me he got that big contract and has he really been playing up to it yet.. guy had an awful year and an amazing playoffs so hes a stretch.. but i agree with you.. i think defensively both staal and mcd are with them, but the others have an offensive game like no other.. which sets them apart from our two guys..

To me honestly.. I am not big on Carlson.. I think MDZ brings the same game, if not better when hes playing well..

At the end of the day theyre very young still and hopefully will make it to that level one day..

I am just glad stats doesn't sign our guys like the rest of the league signs their young guys bc wed be so over the cap already..and forced to trade dudes...

Old
03-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
I would love a trade for Gaborik for Kovy......last CBA.

With the recent implication of these long term contracts and their effects if Kovy retires early, it's a complete and utter no go.
If Kovy retires early, NJ gets the cap penalty.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
rholt168
Hank**3

Quote:

You don't pay someone 7.5 mil and have him play on his off-wing. Completely asinine.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
If Kovy retires early, NJ gets the cap penalty.
Ahhh okay thanks for clearing that up. Wow that contract just keeps on hurting the Devils, it's quite hilarious.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:48 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rholt168 View Post
You don't pay someone 7.5 mil and have him play on his off-wing. Completely asinine.
I think it's more asinine that such a highly skilled forward with world-class speed can't be effective in different areas of the ice... Especially when he's getting preferential defensive match-ups due to opposing teams trying to focus on another forward playing on a different line.... Can Gaborik get any more one-dimensional? Apparently he can't forecheck, can't play defense well, can't stick-handle well or beat defenders one-on-one, doesn't kill penalties, and allegedly can't play anywhere else on the ice except for the right side.

Of course I don't believe he's truly incapable of doing these things, I think he has a mental block that prevents him from playing outside his 'comfort zone'.... He's physically capable of doing all of these things, he just hasn't figured out how to will himself into doing them.... Maybe that's a character flaw of his, I don't know....

Last edited by wolfgaze: 03-15-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old
03-15-2013, 07:57 PM
OverTheCap

Gabby hasn't been moving his legs this season, and I have a hard time believing it's due to him playing on his off-wing. He's not going to be very effective if he isn't utilizing his skating ability. Gaborik, at the very least, bears some of the responsibility for his subpar play this season, as much as people don't want to hear that.

Old
03-16-2013, 08:12 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:

Agree.

Grinding my gears, lol

Old
03-16-2013, 10:10 AM
chosen

Quote:
McDonagh is one of the best dmen on this team in the last 50 years. He is already in their top 10. The guy is an unbelievable talent and really young. Not elite? How many dmen would you take even-up for him? Bet it's not many.

Staal hasn't been quite the same since the injury, but he will probably be elite again.

Closed Thread