HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tytutin for Gaborik

Old
03-15-2013, 02:21 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but NYR wouldn't want to deal Gaborik to a team that will be a division rival next year. Last time Gaborik faced the Rangers, it wasn't pretty. CBJ have enough guys that will be looking to prove themselves against their former team as it is.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:32 PM
IHeartZherdev*

I'd have to think at this point in the season, the Rangers priority is getting the team into the playoffs and making a run - not worrying about facing former players on the Blue Jackets next year.

IHeartZherdev* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
I'd have to think at this point in the season, the Rangers priority is getting the team into the playoffs and making a run - not worrying about facing former players on the Blue Jackets next year.
Believe it or not, Rangers brass doesn't only think about the season at hand. Hence the reason we got Nash in the off-season and not at the trade deadline last year.

16 To Stanley* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:44 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Believe it or not, Rangers brass doesn't only think about the season at hand. Hence the reason we got Nash in the off-season and not at the trade deadline last year.
considering that the proposed Gaborik trade along with what the Rangers are reportedly looking for has no ill effects on the Rangers future and requires them to sacrifice no youth or picks, I'm not sure I see your point

Old
03-15-2013, 03:55 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
considering that the proposed Gaborik trade along with what the Rangers are reportedly looking for has no ill effects on the Rangers future and requires them to sacrifice no youth or picks, I'm not sure I see your point
You're saying the Rangers only care about the now. The Rangers, if they opt to trade Marian, won't be focused on only increasing the team in the now, otherwise, it wouldn't really make sense for them to trade him. They're going to be looking for guys that can be a part of this team for quite some time, not just today.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:06 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
You're saying the Rangers only care about the now. The Rangers, if they opt to trade Marian, won't be focused on only increasing the team in the now, otherwise, it wouldn't really make sense for them to trade him. They're going to be looking for guys that can be a part of this team for quite some time, not just today.
I didn't say the Rangers only care about the now, you just made that up. I said it would be laughable to think the Rangers wouldn't make a trade with a team just because that team was joining their division next season.

you certainly don't have to agree or like my trade ideas, but why argue that it makes no sense for them to trade Gaborik when multiple, reliable sources are reporting that they are open to trading him and the two sides are "headed for a divorce?"

Old
03-15-2013, 04:10 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
How should i interpret that. Basically you're saying, Rangers are more focused on getting to the playoffs than there future.

This is false. If CLB offered the right package, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but honestly, with them rebuilding, I don't see the proper pieces being offered or shipped out to make a deal.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:28 PM
IHeartZherdev*

Quote:
How should i interpret that. Basically you're saying, Rangers are more focused on getting to the playoffs than there future.

This is false. If CLB offered the right package, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but honestly, with them rebuilding, I don't see the proper pieces being offered or shipped out to make a deal.
that's not what I said...and it's not an either/or situation. Just because you are aiming for a cup run doesn't mean you don't care about your future.

Gaborik isn't helping them right now, and he's not a part of their future. So trading him doesn't hurt this season or the future.

No rebuilding team is going to trade youth and prospects for a 31-year old with one year left. At the same time, a contender, isn't going to get rid of their top players to take on Gabby.

So in my mind, the best fit is a fringe team that has a depth but a need for scoring. The Nashville Predators, the St. Louis Blues are two examples that come to mind - both are deep and full of solid players but lack a true superstar scorer. The Jackets obviously are most likely not one of those teams, but as of now are 3 points out of 8 and their new front office may want to move some of the long term deals done by the previous regime (Tyutin, Umberger, Brassard)

As far as the not wanting to trade him to be in the division, he can sign in the East again in a year as a UFA anyway. They lost Prust to a division rival didn't they?

One situation that comes to mind is the Marty Havlat for Danny Heatly trade, where teams swapped disappointing high priced forwards. Obviously, Gabby is better than those guys and I'm not sure there is an exact equivalent out there now but we've seen guys swapped before in "change of scenery" deals like that.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:29 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Gaborik for Dubinsky, Brassard, 1st/Foligno+Savard. You can have a 3rd to keep 1/4 of BDub's salary.

Last edited by Kris Chreider: 03-15-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote