HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NICK DIAZ vs GSP UFC 158

Old
03-15-2013, 02:33 PM
habsfanatics*

vCash: 500
Diaz has about as much chance to win this fight as I would beating Floyd Mayweather.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:37 PM
Moklok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahnaMahna View Post
He's never lost a fight in the UFC that wasn't by decision... In actual talent in martial arts Diaz is one of the best in the UFC IMO. Unlike GSP he would rather put on a good fight than lay on top of a guy for 25 minutes. That said, GSP will win a boring decision.
Oh yea, just like that boring decision against Condit that got him FOTN.

BTW while everyone is on the hate train on Nick Diaz, you guys should go watch Diaz's previous fights. The guy is an animal, and deserves more respect when it comes to his MMA skills.

Moklok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renholder View Post
I am not a betting man but i'm fairly sure that Condit will pick Hendricks a part. Hendricks is a lethal power striker and very good at wrestling and can end the fight in seconds. Condit is a beast, technical, never been knocked out , very long , and incredible on the ground and his Muy Thai is elite. He was a an elbow or two away from putting away GSP as well.

Oh yah, GSP , if he keeps his cool - like he always usually does- will pick a part Diaz, boring fight (lopsided). Diaz is a boxer with decent ground game. GSP is elite in every area Diaz is not (wrestling, takedown, takedown defense, karate , strenght ). Diaz box's well and he has good cardio but that is not a weakness of Gsp's. Hendricks- Condit is where the real action will happen, really good matchup.
I think the original card with Condit vs Rory and Hendricks vs Ellenberger before Rory got injured was even better but i sure as hell am not complaining about how they adjusted it.. And i hate Hendricks due to his incessant whining in the last 6 months so i hope that NBK will KTFO him into dreamland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
You ever worked out like a savage to train for a MMA fight? I am sure these guys are pretty sore by the end of the day. A little pot might take the sting off some of that pain, which means you can sleep better, and train just as hard the next day. Sure it might not help all that much but it does help. Its an unfair advantage IMO.
Fair enough. Sure weed may help to relax after a hard day of training but i don't think it really has much of an impact in the long run. I can somehow see where you're coming from but i think calling it an 'unfair advantage" is a bit of a stretch so we'll have to agree to disagree

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
habsfanatics*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moklok View Post
Oh yea, just like that boring decision against Condit that got him FOTN.
Masterfully picking apart the worlds best fighters is boring to some, not me, I appreciate GSP's ability to beat any fighter he wishes with whatever discipline it takes. However, I remain firm in my stance that GSP would have no shot against Anderson Silva.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Masterfully picking apart the worlds best fighters is boring to some, not me, I appreciate GSP's ability to beat any fighter he wishes with whatever discipline it takes. However, I remain firm in my stance that GSP would have no shot against Anderson Silva.
Agreed on all accounts

And GSP said multiple times that he doesn't want to have a broken down body or brain damage from fighting once he's older so you're not going to see him engage in crazy brawls like Diaz just for the fun of it. He has the tools the dominate and dismantle fighters while limiting the damage he takes so why not do it ? Some call it boring , i call it intelligent fighting.

Diaz may be more exciting because he doesn't give a **** and just want to scrap but he's also taking a lot of damage and this may come back to hunt him once the years catch up to him. The guy is already half brain dead anyway

Old
03-15-2013, 03:00 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Something about this fight scares me for GSP. I don't know. I have a bad feeling about this one.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Son Oncle Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Something about this fight scares me for GSP. I don't know. I have a bad feeling about this one.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.
Dont worry bro , Diaz has nothing for him

Btw the weight ins start now !!! Diaz will probably give the finger and get into GSP face. Should be interesting

Old
03-15-2013, 03:04 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Knee View Post
Dont worry bro , Diaz has nothing for him

Btw the weight ins start now !!! Diaz will probably give the finger and get into GSP face. Should be interesting
This is just a horrible match up for Diaz IMO. GSP's strengths are Diaz' weaknesses and Diaz just doesn't have good enough defense to stop take downs either.

Look for this to go to the ground and Diaz to be worn down and bloodied

side note: I wonder how much Molson pockets for these events

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireBergevin

Diaz remind me of those failed beer leaguers who thinks they should have made it.

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Patrick Cote proudly wearing his Habs jersey at the weigh ins

Old
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 1093
What a nerd Diaz is, tries to engage for the sake of it.

I wonder if he thinks all this talking and idiotic stuff is going to change GSP's game plan? It never has before, I don't see why he would even think for a second it will now.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Delat

Quote:
Patrick Cote proudly wearing his Habs jersey at the weigh ins
They have one for each fighter.
@UFC_CA: Merci, merci, merci @CanadiensMTL @evenko for these amazing jerseys for our #UFC158 fighters!! http://t.co/Er7r2lqqSE

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:33 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Diaz remind me of those failed beer leaguers who thinks they should have made it.
To be fair he's not a bad fighter at all. Good hands , great cardio and recovery rate and good bjj.

It's just that GSP is better everywhere and the aspect he excel the most at , wrestling , has been Diaz achille heel for a long time. As i said before i think this will look a lot like Nate Diaz vs Benson Henderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

I wonder if he thinks all this talking and idiotic stuff is going to change GSP's game plan? It never has before, I don't see why he would even think for a second it will now.
Diaz know that the best chance he has to win this fight is to get into GSP head and try to bait him into a slugfest. GSP won't fall for that but he may be more aggressive on top. I see many elbows raining down on Diaz face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
They have one for each fighter.
@UFC_CA: Merci, merci, merci @CanadiensMTL @evenko for these amazing jerseys for our #UFC158 fighters!! http://t.co/Er7r2lqqSE
Nice but i have to admit that watching Hendricks , who i don't like , wearing a Habs jersey made me like him a lil more but now that i know that every fighter had one i can go back to fully hating him

Old
03-15-2013, 03:49 PM
IceDaddy

Quote:
To be fair he's not a bad fighter at all. Good hands , great cardio and recovery rate and good bjj.

It's just that GSP is better everywhere and the aspect he excel the most at , wrestling , has been Diaz achille heel for a long time. As i said before i think this will look a lot like Nate Diaz vs Benson Henderson

Diaz know that the best chance he has to win this fight is to get into GSP head and try to bait him into a slugfest. GSP won't fall for that but he may be more aggressive on top. I see many elbows raining down on Diaz face

Nice but i have to admit that watching Hendricks , who i don't like , wearing a Habs jersey made me like him a lil more but now that i know that every fighter had one i can go back to fully hating him

I think this fight will look alot like GSP vs Fitch. GSP will get him down and grind him for a round or two and once Diazs gas tank is empty. GSP will pick him apart standing up.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Peace

Maybe it was GSP's plan to look awkward and bizare at the press conference, he wants Diaz to think he has a chance to knock him out because he'll be overly aggressive. I sincerely doubt Diaz could make GSP look so weird. Thats what I'd do, make him think he got in my head and surprise him with my best assets the fight's night.

Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:58 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post

Diaz antics will bring a good amounts of extra buyers to the PPV. It's part of their jobs to create interest. Remember how nice Koscheck was after his fight with GSP?

I'm not a fan of this kind of behavior but let's not forget that a big part of it is for the show.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Maybe it was GSP's plan to look awkward and bizare at the press conference, he wants Diaz to think he has a chance to knock him out because he'll be overly aggressive. I sincerely doubt Diaz could make GSP look so weird. Thats what I'd do, make him think he got in my head and surprise him with my best assets the fight's night.
What do you mean by awkward and bizarre?

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
What do you mean by awkward and bizarre?
He looked stressed. Like stuttering and anxious

edit : and remember in his last public appearances people were asking him why he doesnt KO more often. I think he might want to make Diaz think he will be overly aggressive

Last edited by Peace: 03-15-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:11 PM
1UP

I'm pretty sure that Diaz is not achieving what he wants to do.

He wants to make GSP do a mistake by being too aggressive. GSP doesn't do that.

The only thing he's achieving is to make sure GSP doesn't let up if he submits him or gets into a ground and pound. It's going to be a massacre.

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:12 PM
LeHab

Quote:
He looked stressed. Like stuttering and anxious

edit : and remember in his last public appearances people were asking him why he doesnt KO more often. I think he might make to want Diaz he will be overly aggressive
GSP is more introverted/shy so it is normal that he is not the best at trash talking. He let's his limbs do the talking in the octagon.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:14 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 50
Not a lot of hate between Cote and his opponent... he even offered him a protein chocolat thing...

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:15 PM
1UP

Quote:
He looked stressed. Like stuttering and anxious.
I disagree. He looks absolutely pissed to hell and he's doing his best to keep his cool. And his english has always been pretty choppy

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
I think this fight will look alot like GSP vs Fitch. GSP will get him down and grind him for a round or two and once Diazs gas tank is empty. GSP will pick him apart standing up.
Maybe. In any case Diaz , just like Fitch , is not stopping the takedown. He's better and more offensive from his back than Fitch though so it will be interesting to see if aggressively goes for subs or sweeps.

It'd also going to be interesting to see how GSP is gonna use leg kicks. That lead leg of Diaz is vulnerable due to his stance and GSP may try to exploit it. Cyborg Santos was doing well with those when he fought Diaz (before getting rocked and subbed that is) and I'm pretty sure GSP is aware of that.

Can't wait until tomorrow night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
Diaz antics will bring a good amounts of extra buyers to the PPV. It's part of their jobs to create interest. Remember how nice Koscheck was after his fight with GSP?

I'm not a fan of this kind of behavior but let's not forget that a big part of it is for the show.
True but when it come to Diaz i don't think there is much acting a la Chael Sonnen. I think the guy is just a ***** by nature

Old
03-15-2013, 04:28 PM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
I disagree. He looks absolutely pissed to hell and he's doing his best to keep his cool. And his english has always been pretty choppy
That's what I'm thinking as well. During the press conference when Diaz was speaking, you can see how mad GSP was getting.

gunners14henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Bieber fever

If Diaz lose big time , I wonder if his attitude will change after the fight

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote