HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

2015 NHL Draft Prospects

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-18-2012, 12:08 PM
  #251
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Could you provide us with a little scouting report, strengths/weaknesses?

I agree with you 100%, Anything can happen until then but 2015 draft-class is looking insanely good right now for finland.
Rantanen is big (6'1-6'2 178/5'10 is definetly out of date) for his age. Had somekind of growing burst. It definetly hurted his skating, looks slowish, bad mobility etc. same problem as Barkov had after his growing burst. His hockeyIQ and vision is very very good. It seems like his passes goes always tape to tape. Haven't seen many bad passes off him. Ok at the defensive zone but could be better. Good attitude and work ethic on ice and very nice hands. I have to watch him more to know more about him.

Biggest working ground is definetly on his skating but i would blame the growing burst for it like it was for Barkov.

I like how he plays. He doesen't seem lost against men. He just play his game. It doesen't matter where he plays. He dares to play and doesen't think too much that he is playing against men or U20 competition.


Last edited by thomast: 12-18-2012 at 12:23 PM.
thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2012, 02:30 PM
  #252
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,330
vCash: 500
It is very early but at this point, it seems that Maximilian Kammerer could be the most intriguing prospect from Germany for this draft.
At only just 16 he is already playing pretty much fullt time in the 3rd tier men's league in Germany, and does not look out of place.

Other German prospects that might deserve a closer look are defenseman Maximilian Glässl who plays in Finland and forward Julian Napravnik

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 04:35 PM
  #253
czechcanadian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
For Czechs these 7 guys all have over a point a game in czech U-18 as 15 year olds.. Kovarcik is a late 96 born

Lukas Andel
Lukas Jasek
Filip Chlapik
Michael Spacek
David Kase
Tomas Soustal
Michal Kovarcik
http://hokej.cz/cz/mladez/statistiky...tition_id=1146

Then theres Pavel Zacha.. 15 playing in Czech U-20 with respectable stats.. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=130786

Early to say but this looks like a pretty strong group for the czechs. Hopefully!!!

Also a good goalie in Daniel Vladar

czechcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 08:08 PM
  #254
doakacola*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigx15 View Post
Wow, You're that high on Eichel? Have only heard good things about him but that is one serious statement. Psyched to watch him play for NTDP. Haven't seen a kid from New England go that high in a very very very long time. Without further ado, New England players taken in the first round in the last 15 years...

Colin Wilson 7 in 08
Ryan Whitney 5 in 02
Rick Dipetro 1 in 00

Side note: take a look at the '00 draft. it may be the absolute worst draft of all time with the exception of Heatley, Gaborik, Orpik, and Lundqvist, its littered with crap.
Would be nice if you had your facts straight on New England first rounders. You need to do your homework.

2002 - 2012


Mike Morris
Hugh Jessiman
Brian Boyle
Cory Schneider
Chris Kreider
Charlie Coyle
Kevin Hayes

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:27 PM
  #255
sigx15
Registered User
 
sigx15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
Would be nice if you had your facts straight on New England first rounders. You need to do your homework.

2002 - 2012


Mike Morris
Hugh Jessiman
Brian Boyle
Cory Schneider
Chris Kreider
Charlie Coyle
Kevin Hayes
Sorry should've said top 10 as you can see thats all I included. Wasn't trying to leave out those guys, I'm a really big BC guy so that was definitely not my intention. Just trying to show those players who went as high as they're projecting Eichel.

sigx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2013, 11:47 PM
  #256
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
It is very early but at this point, it seems that Maximilian Kammerer could be the most intriguing prospect from Germany for this draft.
At only just 16 he is already playing pretty much fullt time in the 3rd tier men's league in Germany, and does not look out of place.

Other German prospects that might deserve a closer look are defenseman Maximilian Glässl who plays in Finland and forward Julian Napravnik
Kammerer might be a good little prospect but did anyone else get the notion that Germany mens league tier 3 might not be the greatest in the world?

What would the NA equivalent be?

Junior A hockey maybe?

A guy to put on the radar but not until he faces some competition.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 09:02 AM
  #257
Maverick41
Registered User
 
Maverick41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Kammerer might be a good little prospect but did anyone else get the notion that Germany mens league tier 3 might not be the greatest in the world?

What would the NA equivalent be?

Junior A hockey maybe?

A guy to put on the radar but not until he faces some competition.
I absolutely agree. The 3rd tier men's league in Germany is not exactly high level competition, but I would say it is better than German juniors.

I don't think Kammerer will be an overall top prospect, but as far as German prospects for the 2015 draft go he stands out a bit at this point, because even in Germany it is not common for a kid who has just turned 16 to play in a men's league full time, even if it is just 3rd tier.

So again I agree, there is no need to get excited, but people might want to keep an eye on him.

Maverick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2013, 11:31 PM
  #258
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,562
vCash: 500
Paul Bittner has exploded on a recent little hot streak with Portland.

Has the size and skating to be considered a 1st rounder if he keeps on developing.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:07 PM
  #259
North Country
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Paul Bittner has exploded on a recent little hot streak with Portland.

Has the size and skating to be considered a 1st rounder if he keeps on developing.
Most Minnesota folks say he is more skilled and has more potential than (two former NHL 1st rounders) Nick Bjugstad and Brock Nelson at this stage.

North Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:03 AM
  #260
Mrpm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
Timashov is a very interesting prospect. 7 points in 6 games in SuperElit Top10 for Modo. Very, very skilled player! 2015 eligible.

Mrpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 02:25 AM
  #261
shattuckgopher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Minnesota and Wisconsin 97's

Baer - Vancouver Giants
Novak - Saint Thomas ( US U17 )
Driscoll - East View
Jungels - Benilde ( listed Lethbridge )
Robert - Shattuck ( will sign with Brandon Wheat Kings )
Wahlin - Des Moines ( born in 96 but late birthdate so 2015 draft )
Gabrielle - Eagan ( will join Brandon Wheat Kings )
Klehr - Vancouver Giant Pick - Playing Shattuck
Freytag - Wayzata

shattuckgopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:40 AM
  #262
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!
 
UsernameWasTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,989
vCash: 500
how has nathan noel looked this year?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 07:00 PM
  #263
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,495
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
how has nathan noel looked this year?
Noel is looking great, he had a bad all state game, and played average at a scouting thing Shattuck had this year but in most games he looks really good for the team his only problem is he is listed at 5'10/170 or something like that, but standing next to the kid he is about 5'08/135 or something small.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 01:01 PM
  #264
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Ivan Provorov has tendered with Cedar Rapids of USHL for next year.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:01 PM
  #265
ozo
Registered User
 
ozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Latvia
Posts: 2,785
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
Ivan Provorov has tendered with Cedar Rapids of USHL for next year.
Can't find anything official. Also where can I find his stats?

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:14 PM
  #266
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 3,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Can't find anything official. Also where can I find his stats?
Stats are here... http://www.atlantichockey.org/player...49&seasonid=19

The rumor has been that a number of the Russians on that Jr. Knights team will play in the USHL next year before going to the CHL.

cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:49 PM
  #267
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,100
vCash: 500
Top5 Swedes currently(imo):
Rasmus Andersson
Oliver Kylington
Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson
Felix Sandström
Robin Kovacs
HM: Petter Mäkitalo, Dmytro Timashov, Filip Ahl.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:53 PM
  #268
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Top5 Swedes currently(imo):
Rasmus Andersson
Oliver Kylington
Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson
Felix Sandström
Robin Kovacs
HM: Petter Mäkitalo, Dmytro Timashov, Filip Ahl.
Pretty nice depth once again...

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:02 PM
  #269
herbst20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney View Post
Stats are here... http://www.atlantichockey.org/player...49&seasonid=19

The rumor has been that a number of the Russians on that Jr. Knights team will play in the USHL next year before going to the CHL.
That is exactly what I am afraid of. Cedar Rapids has lost 3 players to the CHL in the last 2 years. My source is Matt Moran of OHL Central scouting. He tweeted it this afternoon. In my experience if he says something then it is as good as gold.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:33 PM
  #270
B Boarding
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Top5 Swedes currently(imo):
Rasmus Andersson
Oliver Kylington
Jakob Forsbacka Karlsson
Felix Sandström
Robin Kovacs
HM: Petter Mäkitalo, Dmytro Timashov, Filip Ahl.

I'd add the following to the HM list:

Gustaf Franzén
Jonathan Leman
Jens Lööke
Einar Emanuelsson (Playing for Luleå next season)
Fredrik Forsberg (Filip's younger brother)

B Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 02:17 AM
  #271
Eyelanders
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Rantanen is big (6'1-6'2 178/5'10 is definetly out of date) for his age. Had somekind of growing burst. It definetly hurted his skating, looks slowish, bad mobility etc. same problem as Barkov had after his growing burst. His hockeyIQ and vision is very very good. It seems like his passes goes always tape to tape. Haven't seen many bad passes off him. Ok at the defensive zone but could be better. Good attitude and work ethic on ice and very nice hands. I have to watch him more to know more about him.
Having seen Rantanen playing lately, he looks like a good prospect. Nice passer and obviously he can shoot the puck but his skating is a weakness as you said.

Eyelanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 07:53 PM
  #272
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,724
vCash: 500
I do not understand any of the hype for Adam Musil. I know it is a small sample size, but I watched all three of his games for Red Deer and I saw nothing that should classify him as 1st round.

Plus his skating is choppy as hell and just looked awkward when he was on the forecheck or skating with the puck.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2013, 10:15 PM
  #273
zjh
@ZenonHerasymiuk
 
zjh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: AB88
Country: Canada
Posts: 744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
I do not understand any of the hype for Adam Musil. I know it is a small sample size, but I watched all three of his games for Red Deer and I saw nothing that should classify him as 1st round.

Plus his skating is choppy as hell and just looked awkward when he was on the forecheck or skating with the puck.
You have to remember he is 15 and was playing against developed WHL players. At the midget level his skating still does look a bit choppy but not too bad. He has very good smarts and his offensive skills are alright. Mature defensively. I compare his game to Mikko Koivu.

I agree that at least right now he shouldn't be regarded as a first rounder. He is a name to watch though.

zjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 05:47 AM
  #274
Czechexpert
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechcanadian View Post
For Czechs these 7 guys all have over a point a game in czech U-18 as 15 year olds.. Kovarcik is a late 96 born

Lukas Andel
Lukas Jasek
Filip Chlapik
Michael Spacek
David Kase
Tomas Soustal
Michal Kovarcik
http://hokej.cz/cz/mladez/statistiky...tition_id=1146

Then theres Pavel Zacha.. 15 playing in Czech U-20 with respectable stats.. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=130786

Early to say but this looks like a pretty strong group for the czechs. Hopefully!!!

Also a good goalie in Daniel Vladar
Vladar is the best Czech 2015 prospect in my opinion. Than D Jakub Zboril and than Filip Chlapik. All have higher upside than Zacha IMO but Zacha is more of safe pick.
Still early.

Czechexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2013, 04:32 PM
  #275
Tronador
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Berlin
Posts: 390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Kammerer might be a good little prospect but did anyone else get the notion that Germany mens league tier 3 might not be the greatest in the world?

What would the NA equivalent be?

Junior A hockey maybe?

A guy to put on the radar but not until he faces some competition.
I don't think the level is that bad, although there are huge differences between the teams.

There are also a few drafted players there:

Karol Bartanus,
Ivan Kolozvary,
Chris Stanley,
Dominik Bielke,
Adam Courchaine,
Jan Nemecek.

Some other notable players are Manuel Klinge (he even could play for the German National team, I really don't know, why he prefered to stay in Kassel), Petr Fical, Jeffrey Szwez, Dusan Andrasovsky, etc.. During the lockout, Eric Condra played in Füssen.

Sorry, for being a bit off-topic...

Two other young German prospects could be Stefan Loibl and Andreas Eder.

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.