HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Trade Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 06:26 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

vCash: 500
Its funny, reading this I remember when that deadline ended and we had only acquired Hlavac I was FURIOUS. But in retrospect if you did a points per game analysis that was the most brilliant deadline move DP has made.

NB: I don't count the Sully deal as that was pretty far removed from the deadline if my memory serves me (but it is wrong like 50 times/day so that is not unprecedented. And I am sure the scholars here will correct me in that case).

Also, count me in the mix in believing there is a good chance this is Blum's last year with this club-- either between now and the deadline but definitely before next season-- whenever DP thinks he can strike the best return. Too much of a logjam on D here and I think he could flourish in another system. Some club will have the right asset mix to trade with us.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 06:54 PM
NoNecksCurse

the Sullivan trade was in mid February about a month before the deadline. id call it a deadline deal and probably poile's best.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:05 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
the Sullivan trade was in mid February about a month before the deadline. id call it a deadline deal and probably poile's best.
Best deadline deal, for sure. Best move overall was getting Timonen for agreeing not to take Gary Galley in the expansion draft

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 07:20 PM
Firestorm

So we want to trade for better players but we don't plan on giving up our 1st round pick?

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Ok, here's a bizarre suggestion...let's trade for Steve Mason. *don't shoot me*

We've seen that he has incredible potential, and if anyone can get the most out of him, its Mitch Korn. There'd be no pressure on him with Pekka here, and he is a great long-term backup option while Hellberg develops. Our organizational goalie depth is a bit weak with Lindback and Dekanich leaving.

Under the new CBA, Columbus can eat some of his salary. Since they're switching divisions, they should have no problem trading with us. Jeremy Smith + (something small)?

I know it's off the wall, but this could be a really good "buy low" type of deal.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:56 AM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
With that information I think we should do the following. I know it could be too much movement since were in a lock out season but it could help.

1st move:

TO CGY:
Blum+pick+prospect

TO NSH:
Cammalleri

TO CGY:
3rd or 4th rounder

TO NSH:
Glencross

TO BUF:
SK+late pick(?)

TO NSH:
Stafford

I don't know, just some thoughts I'm throwing out there. I know with Poile all 3 won't happen but one or two could. I know I may get hated on for the Cammy trade but I think he's worth it and could be a good addition.
You are way, way off on your value for Glencross.
This is a player coming off 24, and 26 goal seasons respectively and has 9 already this season. He is signed for a few more seasons at a steal of a price (2.55M), and is a great penalty killer. When you combine his production, two way play and contract he likely becomes one of the most valuable trade chips Calgary has on the open market.

The problem lies in the fact that he holds a NTC and his family is heavily invested in the city/province. Getting him to waive would be extremely difficult.

At the same time you are probably overvaluing Cammalleri. Take out the prospect, and have the pick in the 2nd round range and the value is probably there.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:25 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
was browsing around the trade threads and someone thinks Vinny Prospal will be a Pred at the deadline? what?
If the Preds lose to Calgary, more like Nashville is offering players to Columbus.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
If the Preds lose to Calgary, more like Nashville is offering players to Columbus.
for what? picks?

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:49 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
If they lose to the Flames we might just be seeing them fight for last place in the west.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJNmFDR5mmU

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:57 AM
preds1

vCash: 50
Smith is the least of our worries.
Cute video though, find it in the trade forum perhaps?

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Smith is the least of our worries.
Cute video though, find it in the trade forum perhaps?
Saw it there but not bright enough to opy it so I had to go to Utube to retrieve it. Its been out there a long time.

Old
03-15-2013, 12:22 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
for what? picks?
Truth. I'm not sure. I could see DP just realize that this season is an anomaly and be patient. Wait till next year and get a full training camp to beat the stupid out of the players.

I could see minor changes but there's no UFA's that scream 'Playoff addition' Yip, Hannan, Mueller, Mason.

I could see Nashville trade Gill to Minnesota, won't net much, maybe a 2nd.

I just don't see what the Preds could do but wait. #12 is in the range of a Hunter Shinkaruk who could either be an angry goal scorer or the next Stan Mikita.

Usually I can predict what Poile can do but this year. No clue. I think this would be a perfect time to be patient, wait for teams to dump salary and be there to take it.

If it was me, get a 2nd, check with teams to see if they want to jettison cap hits, and wait.

It sucks but it's the only option I can see.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:35 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Saw it there but not bright enough to opy it so I had to go to Utube to retrieve it. Its been out there a long time.

Yea, I know. Sure he's been off, but pretty much the only one who can score in our number of shootouts this year. I just remember Wilson going through the same thing the last year or two. Stupid turnovers, etc. I just think he needs another year of growth, but could be wrong......

I'd jump Erat, SK and Fish before I would Smith tho. (imo)

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Yea, I know. Sure he's been off, but pretty much the only one who can score in our number of shootouts this year. I just remember Wilson going through the same thing the last year or two. Stupid turnovers, etc. I just think he needs another year of growth, but could be wrong......

I'd jump Erat, SK and Fish before I would Smith tho. (imo)
Hey I give him credit for that he is good in the SO but so is Leggy its the other 65 minutes there failing in.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:44 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Oh how a year changes things ....

If this realignment had happened last year, one has to wonder if we would have been watching a Rick Nash led offense. One also has to wonder if the addition of Rick Nash would have coincided with a non-offer-sheeted Shea Weber and a resigned Ryan Suter.

My guess is that all three of the above would have happened had Columbus not been in the division.

Ouch.

03-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Fin9*

gil for malkin..

legwand-malkin-brouque
smith-erat-hornyqvist
clune-gaustad-holichuk
fisher-?-yip

suter-weber
ellis-blum
hannan-josi

Fin9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:11 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Nice we get Suter back too?

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Fin9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
yes. ekholm+bartley + 2013 7th rounder for him

Old
03-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Legionnaire11

That's a heft price for Suter when you compare it to the Malkin trade

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Fin9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
That's a heft price for Suter when you compare it to the Malkin trade
dont you worry child.. the malkini trade includes some nasty **** from the boys in the office

Old
03-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Ha ha, love it! You guys get Suter back! I think you lost Wilson though? Maybe he is just benched....

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:34 PM
Byrddog

Suter I would rather have hemmoroids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sub8h09NRE

Old
03-15-2013, 09:51 PM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Oh how a year changes things ....

If this realignment had happened last year, one has to wonder if we would have been watching a Rick Nash led offense. One also has to wonder if the addition of Rick Nash would have coincided with a non-offer-sheeted Shea Weber and a resigned Ryan Suter.

My guess is that all three of the above would have happened had Columbus not been in the division.

Ouch.
You are forgetting that Nash has a NTC and wouldn't waive it to come to Nashville. Even if Nashville had the best offer and we hadn't been in division it wouldn't have happened.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
You are forgetting that Nash has a NTC and wouldn't waive it to come to Nashville. Even if Nashville had the best offer and we hadn't been in division it wouldn't have happened.
I think the latter was an assumption as Nash was in division. Columbus was not going to trade with NSH period.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:39 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Truth. I'm not sure. I could see DP just realize that this season is an anomaly and be patient. Wait till next year and get a full training camp to beat the stupid out of the players.

I could see minor changes but there's no UFA's that scream 'Playoff addition' Yip, Hannan, Mueller, Mason.

I could see Nashville trade Gill to Minnesota, won't net much, maybe a 2nd.

I just don't see what the Preds could do but wait. #12 is in the range of a Hunter Shinkaruk who could either be an angry goal scorer or the next Stan Mikita.

Usually I can predict what Poile can do but this year. No clue. I think this would be a perfect time to be patient, wait for teams to dump salary and be there to take it.

If it was me, get a 2nd, check with teams to see if they want to jettison cap hits, and wait.

It sucks but it's the only option I can see.
I strongly agree. Wonky season, and it's not really worth mortgaging anything at this point just to try to slip into the top 8. Play it out, let's get some of the kids some more playing time, try to acquire some draft picks for a SK, Gill or someone else that may have some value to a playoff team and be ready to hit it next season. See what we can get with a higher draft pick, if things play out that way, and then see what shakes out when teams need to start dumping salary and UFA starts.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote