HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XIII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 12:29 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
The biggest knock on Kreider has been limited hockey sense, which Howson (and Kekalainen as well) would regard as limiting his ability to ever be anything more than a third-line player who'd occasionally tantalize with skill.
When I read this, the first player I thought of was Jason Chimera. For me I saw a guy with size who could skate like the wind and had a great shot (albeit eratic). Unfortunately he could never think the game on a level to put it all together. Granted that has improved some in DC but that could also be that he was playing with more players at a higher level than apparent on the CBJ.

Colton Gillies is another that comes to mind. Picard? Brule? I typically refer to this as $10.00 skills, $0.10 head. They have their place but are usually more easily replaced and typically not long for the NHL.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:04 PM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

I think the average intelligence of the team has increased significantly from the XGMDM days.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
So I don't know if this had been mentioned in another thread or not, but Johansen was second on the offense in TOI last night, only behind Umberger by 34 seconds and only Nikitin, Tyutin and Johnson had more ice time then them. Also Prout played a full 2minutes more than accoin and Erixon.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post
I think the average intelligence of the team has increased significantly from the XGMDM days.
on and off the ice.

Old
03-13-2013, 04:48 PM
CBJ All The Way

How do you think they are going to handle the prout situation when JM comes back? Im loving the guys play! Really playing with heart out there!

Old
03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Xoggz22
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
How do you think they are going to handle the prout situation when JM comes back? Im loving the guys play! Really playing with heart out there!
Depends how long Nikitin is out, if at all. Goloubef on emergency recall and discussion of Nikitin struggling off the ice in 3rd last night. Personally, I like Prout's game but I really would like to see him get more time in the AHL to further develop his 2-way play. He still has work to do and Moore, in my opinion, is much higher on the depth chart with greater upside. What Prout brings is the physical style and board play. That seems to ultimately replace Aucoin in the long run. I want Johnny Moore back in the lineup.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:06 PM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Depends how long Nikitin is out, if at all. Goloubef on emergency recall and discussion of Nikitin struggling off the ice in 3rd last night. Personally, I like Prout's game but I really would like to see him get more time in the AHL to further develop his 2-way play. He still has work to do and Moore, in my opinion, is much higher on the depth chart with greater upside. What Prout brings is the physical style and board play. That seems to ultimately replace Aucoin in the long run. I want Johnny Moore back in the lineup.
There is no way Prout develops a 2 way game. His slapper is good, but he's strictly limited to skating and the hard work in front of the net.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:55 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Exactly. John Moore already can skate we with some of the best of them, and can play physical when need be, give him another season or two and this kid has the potential to be a top pairing either with Murray or Johnson. Hell if we have a play our cards right we could have Murray, Johnson and Moore each have their "own" lines. I seriously think between the 3 picks (hopefully a top 5) and the surge on defense with the infusion of Murray into the lineup this team is going to shock the league next year.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Gorilla Warrior

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
So I go to Wikipedia to look at info on Argentine military juntas and what do I see? Everyone's favorite draft bust is the featured article on Wikipedia.

03-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

The deal had something to do with JT Miller ... but I never heard of Chris Kreider being offered at any point. I thought it was something like Miller, Dubinsky, Christian Thomas, and a pick. But, I could be wrong.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
So I go to Wikipedia to look at info on Argentine military juntas and what do I see? Everyone's favorite draft bust is the featured article on Wikipedia.
Nothing like little reminders that reach out to say you are a CBJ fan.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:45 PM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

Pretty sure the deal was Dubinsky, 1st, and Thomas. Howson said the deal got done when the Rangers put Erixon in the deal, so he wasn't on the table at the deadline.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:16 AM
Columbus Mike
2015-16 CBJ

vCash: 3800
Quote:
I think Prout has been pretty good. Richards has confidence in him, as he is regularly getting late minutes and OT time.

How many players like him, however, have we brought up, seen flashes of NHL level play, then fade away into Bolivia, as some would say.

If JD and Jarmo think he is part of the solution, a brick, he needs to go back down.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:12 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
I forget where I heard this but I remember hearing that NYR Offered Duby, AA, Tim Erix and Krieder at the deadline but the jackets declined, can anyone confirm this? Or any thoughts?
The initial rumored deal was Dubinsky, Erixon, Miller, Thomas and a first.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:18 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
Which year's first?

Old
03-14-2013, 10:45 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Which year's first?
2012's, If I remember correctly. It also may have been the conditonal, 2013 if NYR missed the playoffs, 2012 if they didn't.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
I don't think that stands up to any type of scrutiny either, for the same reasons I outlined earlier with Kreider. Even if Howson didn't want Thomas and Miller, someone else in the league would and undoubtedly would pay through the nose for them.

I think it was Larry Brooks who reported what you said to be true, which says more than I ever could.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:48 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
I don't think that stands up to any type of scrutiny either, for the same reasons I outlined earlier with Kreider. Even if Howson didn't want Thomas and Miller, someone else in the league would and undoubtedly would pay through the nose for them.

I think it was Larry Brooks who reported what you said to be true, which says more than I ever could.
If it was just Brooks, props for getting most people, including the bloggers to buy in that it was actually offered. Its really the only deal that I remember that was actually "Rumored Complete", with other teams, you had a piece here and a piece there difference between the rumors.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Jovavic
Blood Legion

Saw Yotes coach Dave Tippet while walking to the convention center for the auto show (no '14 Vette, boo), I thought it was interesting

Old
03-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
I haven't seen an NHL person in the wild since I sliced up ham and turkey for Marc Methot when I worked in a deli for a summer.

Old
03-15-2013, 08:06 PM
alphafox

Just saw that the Jackets activated Moore off of IR and have assigned Golo back to Springfield.

I'd really prefer to trade Nikitin at this point. Golo has proved he can hang, and I think his future is much brighter than Nikitin.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Sore Loser
Sorest of them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Just saw that the Jackets activated Moore off of IR and have assigned Golo back to Springfield.

I'd really prefer to trade Nikitin at this point. Golo has proved he can hang, and I think his future is much brighter than Nikitin.
The question I have is, will this break up the good thing they had going for them? It's no secret that John Moore struggles in his own end; does this mean more work for the other defenders and/or Bobrovsky?

Chemistry is an amazing thing.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:18 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
The question I have is, will this break up the good thing they had going for them? It's no secret that John Moore struggles in his own end; does this mean more work for the other defenders and/or Bobrovsky?

Chemistry is an amazing thing.
We were hemmed in our own end a lot in the last two games. The biggest part of it was turning it over and failing on clears. I don't know if Moore will help/hurt overall, but just having a guy who can skate the puck out compensates for a whole lot.

Our breakouts have been killing us the last two games, btw, killing our offense and making us rely on insane goaltending just to get a point.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:35 PM
stickguy

It's no secret that John Moore struggles in his own end; does this mean more work for the other defenders and/or Bobrovsky? Chemistry is an amazing thing.[/QUOTE]

We know Moore can skate but the rest of his game still needs work. With his stats (82 NHL games, 8 points, -27) he would probably be in the AHL if he wasn't a first round draft pick.

Old
03-15-2013, 09:40 PM
EDM

I would not mind seeing Moore go to the AHL. We have some other young guys who are frankly outplaying him.

Closed Thread