HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-2 ...Krueger ecstatic with the one point

Old
03-15-2013, 11:21 PM
gqmixmaster

vCash: 50
yeah it was like there wasn't enough oxygen in the dressing room in the 2nd intermission

but if you have watched oiler hockey for the past 15 years you would have seen this coming when the 2nd intermission started.

gqmixmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:21 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
I want Krueger to succeed, but he's worse than the MacBlender. Lines are changing constantly. No wonder we can't get any offense... no one has any time to gel before he's tossing different guys on your line.

It's getting hard to justify supporting his coaching style.
I think it's worse..

Even when there does look like there's chemistry he changes the lines so that they look more "responsible." Seriously, he just changed the lines while his team was dominating the shot clock and winning 2-0. What kind of message are the players going to get from that? Probably something like "Oh ****, we're in trouble, we better be careful not to give anything up."

He doesn't even have to say anything when he's pulling **** like this. Yakupov is benched, we better be careful!

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Daryl Katz Fan Club*

vCash: 500
Ken Hitchcock has been available so many times and the Oilers never seem interested. Is it because of his Dallas years and the old boys club not wanting him in?

If so they should all be fired and Hitchcock named GM and coach if St. Louis is dumb enough to ever let him go

Daryl Katz Fan Club* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Rains

My unborn son 6 years from now said " oh my effing gawd, why isn't yaks out there anymore"

Rains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:23 PM
djdub
#6cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
seriously? no, are you for real? the guy who friggin scored on his own net, and not on a tip in or deflection but on a good placed wrist shot, is not at fault, but coach is? god.

I guess you haven't played hockey before because these types of plays happen, it's a fast game. The puck came out quick, he was trying to bat it away from the net and he couldn't read the angle fast enough and it ended up in the net. An accident.

The way Krueger is coaching over and over without fail is the reason this team is loosing. Not because Petry made a bad read that resulted in an own goal.

djdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Distinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by MettleOiler View Post
Didn't know Petry is German for Kruegar...but seriously I think some people need to get a grip because bad luck, mental breakdowns and refs worked against us in the third period. People are really stretching it blaming it on Kruegar on this one.
Unfortunately we've been trying to sit on leads on all season, and is it working? Not at all. What are we 0 wins when leading after 2 periods?

Distinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilchamp99

I've only watched a handful of Bruins games, not once in those have I seen Seguin dominate like Hall did tonight. Hall has that Toews factor (not as skilled), can't describe what it is but it's easy to see him hoisting Lord Stanley.

oilchamp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDNicks17
McDavid Has Arrived

Quote:
I want Krueger to succeed, but he's worse than the MacBlender. Lines are changing constantly. No wonder we can't get any offense... no one has any time to gel before he's tossing different guys on your line.

It's worse than that.

Because we have lines that are gelling and playing well, but Krueger breaks them up every 3rd period to inject Smyth, Petrell and now Mike Brown.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:24 PM
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Katz Fan Club View Post
Ken Hitchcock has been available so many times and the Oilers never seem interested. Is it because of his Dallas years and the old boys club not wanting him in?

If so they should all be fired and Hitchcock named GM and coach if St. Louis is dumb enough to ever let him go
Because the Oilers would need to clone Horcoff half a dozen times for Hitchcock to have any success.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:24 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Glencross gets a hattrick tonight to. We could use him badly.

Jones Glencross and Brodziak would of been a devistating third line.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:25 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dss97 View Post
I can't believe we are going to pay him 6 million next season.

What the **** happened to him.
He looks horrible. Absolutely horrible. He's my favorite player on the team, and I have to be completely honest about his play. He's a complete non-factor right now. He's the oldest of the "kid line"; he's not 18 or 19 anymore, he's 22 going on 23. That's not old, but it's old enough that he should be more mature than this. Wake the **** up. What a useless POS he is right now. I'm infuriated with his 'not giving a F' ways. I thought he was a different guy and player than this. It's gutting to see...

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jarvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdub View Post
I guess you haven't played hockey before because these types of plays happen, it's a fast game. The puck came out quick, he was trying to bat it away from the net and he couldn't read the angle fast enough and it ended up in the net. An accident.

The way Krueger is coaching over and over without fail is the reason this team is loosing. Not because Petry made a bad read that resulted in an own goal.
Yeah and when you make them in a real hockey game you feel like an idiot. Because surprise, surprise scoring on your own net is an idiotic thing to do.

Jarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DrDrai
Destiny Panic's 2015

Kreuger- "ok guys we have this game wrapped up we have won the first 2 periods 10-9 and 10-9, which means we can relax for the 3rd and still get the unanimous decision"

DrDrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shoop

vCash: 78
Hmmm, that's the way to end a winning streak!

Nashville didn't look good against the Flames tonight. But the Red Wings didn't look good when the played the Flames either...

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McCupofOil
McJesus Has Risen!!!

Quote:

I blame Tambellini for hiring the wrong coaches.
This is the guy who was the main assistant on Renney's staff and who is best known for his defensive style with the Swiss team. Did he all of a sudden think that Krueger was going to morph his style into an attacking style? Krueger is simply coaching the way he always has.
This is all on Tamby. He built the team as a fast skating, skilled team yet he keeps employing passive, defensive minded coaches.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:26 PM
McBaevid
Lottery Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Katz Fan Club View Post

What we needed was Bruce Boudreau.

McBaevid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:26 PM
djdub
#6cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarvi View Post
Yeah and when you make them in a real hockey game you feel like an idiot. Because surprise, surprise scoring on your own net is an idiotic thing to do.
Yeah and this loss is not on Petry. No way it should be.

Hockey is a game of mistakes.

djdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:27 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
This is the guy who was the main assistant on Renney's staff and who is best known for his defensive style with the Swiss team. Did he all of a sudden think that Krueger was going to morph his style into an attacking style? Krueger is simply coaching the way he always has. This is ALL on Tamby.
It goes up to Kevin Lowe, then up to Katz really.

Lowe made another bad move in hiring Tambo.

Katz obviously doesn't give a **** about the Oilers hockey aspect of owning the Oilers, so he'll never realize to fire Lowe.

I blame Katz.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oil4life97

So sick of the lets lay back in the 3rd period when we have a lead. It burns us almost every time.

oil4life97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilphan

Problem is the Oiler org thinks being a nice guy who tows the company line = talented coach/manager/scout. The only person who has not fit that mold in the last few years was Quinn. And they fired him because of it.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
This is the guy who was the main assistant on Renney's staff and who is best known for his defensive style with the Swiss team. Did he all of a sudden think that Krueger was going to morph his style into an attacking style? Krueger is simply coaching the way he always has. This is ALL on Tamby.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewBoysClub97*
All-Star

4 points out of a playoff spot

Cool!

NewBoysClub97* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX93 View Post
Kreuger- "ok guys we have this game wrapped up we have won the first 2 periods 10-9 and 10-9, which means we can relax for the 3rd and still get the unanimous decision"
Jon Fitch is that you?

Seriously though. My heart hurts after watching that.

Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
Beerfish

At least things are back to normal.

Horcoff back on the 1st line, back leading all forwards in ice time by about 3 minutes and 35% on the dot.

As for Krueger, this team has MacT's finger prints all over it. As Kruger said when asked why they were not adding another coach. "I have MacT to go to for advice when I need it."

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
#ualberta

@GenePrincipe: Ralph Krueger "We're really pleased with the way we played defence in the 1st 2 periods. The life in their lineup came on their first goal"
@GenePrincipe: Ralph Krueger "We never had the plan to sit back. They ended up with some offensive zone time. We ended up falling back then sitting back."
@EdmontonOilers: "The breakdowns that led to their goals were out of character when you look at how well we played up to that point." - Coach Krueger

Wow i was pretty close with my joke

402 is offline   Reply With Quote