HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-2 ...Krueger ecstatic with the one point

Old
03-15-2013, 11:28 PM
OILFAN #81

vCash: 500
So damn predictable. What the hell are we doing sitting back in the 3rd like always. Oilers literally just stood there and allowed Detroit to do whatever they wanted in the 3rd. Losses like this are not acceptable. Gagner, Whitney, didn't see who the 2nd dman were, were coasting on the winner. It's a shame too because they played really well through 40.

They need to effing stop sitting on leads in the 3rd. They aren't good enough to do that and get beaten every damn time when that happens.

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:29 PM
Daryl Katz Fan Club*

Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Because the Oilers would need to clone Horcoff half a dozen times for Hitchcock to have any success.
He took the Columbus Blue Jackets, the worst team in the history of hockey, to the playoffs. He has the Blues, a young team with skill like the Oilers, in comfortably right now. He doesn't need anything, except the ability to rule with decree and take the trash out

Daryl Katz Fan Club* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12Brady
--------------------

vCash: 281
Petry got 25:03 TOI and J. Schultz only got 17:46 TOI.

Smyth got 17:37 TOI and again Yakupov only gets 11:23 TOI.

Take away Hall from this club, you won't win a game for the rest of the season.

******* refs didn't help.

12Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Problem is the Oiler org thinks being a nice guy who tows the company line = talented coach/manager/scout. The only person who has not fit that mold in the last few years was Quinn. And they fired him because of it.
Eh. They fired Quinn because the team had the worst finish in franchise history.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post

Take Hall away from this club, you won't win a game for the rest of the season.

Oh, this is because we need to rest those for the players for the play-offs.

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Wheathead
Formally a McRib

Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I blame Tambellini for hiring the wrong coaches.
This is the guy who was the main assistant on Renney's staff and who is best known for his defensive style with the Swiss team. Did he all of a sudden think that Krueger was going to morph his style into an attacking style? Krueger is simply coaching the way he always has.
This is all on Tamby. He built the team as a fast skating, skilled team yet he keeps employing passive, defensive minded coaches.
I blame a lot of things going wrong with this rebuild on Tambellini. I don't think he's qualified to be a GM at all. Outside of Schultz, his signings have been horrible and he has no idea what this team needs and worse, if he does know what this team needs, he either won't get it or can't get it.

Maybe he figured that a defensive minded coach would improve our defensive play. I don't know.

None of our coaches are "offensive masterminds."

Wheathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Lindy Ruff

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
@GenePrincipe: Ralph Krueger "We're really pleased with the way we played defence in the 1st 2 periods. The life in their lineup came on their first goal"
@GenePrincipe: Ralph Krueger "We never had the plan to sit back. They ended up with some offensive zone time. We ended up falling back then sitting back."
@EdmontonOilers: "The breakdowns that led to their goals were out of character when you look at how well we played up to that point." - Coach Krueger

Wow i was pretty close with my joke
Krueger right back at it with the excuses and the deflections.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Eh. They fired Quinn because the team had the worst finish in franchise history.
The only guy who didn't deserve to be blamed was Quinn.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
djdub
#6cups

Quote:
@GenePrincipe: Ralph Krueger "We're really pleased with the way we played defence in the 1st 2 periods. The life in their lineup came on their first goal"
@GenePrincipe: Ralph Krueger "We never had the plan to sit back. They ended up with some offensive zone time. We ended up falling back then sitting back."
@EdmontonOilers: "The breakdowns that led to their goals were out of character when you look at how well we played up to that point." - Coach Krueger

You didn't plan on sitting back, yet putting Smyth on the 1st line is going to generate sustained offensive zone time. Right...

Unbelievable

djdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
soothsayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
I blame Tambellini for hiring the wrong coaches.
This is the guy who was the main assistant on Renney's staff and who is best known for his defensive style with the Swiss team. Did he all of a sudden think that Krueger was going to morph his style into an attacking style? Krueger is simply coaching the way he always has.
This is all on Tamby. He built the team as a fast skating, skilled team yet he keeps employing passive, defensive minded coaches.
Man, I have been saying this same thing for years now. When you have 3 1st overall, offensively skilled skaters on your team, you build your team around them. Tambellini has been trying to fit a square peg in a round hole for years now. We need a coach who will accommodate the drafted players we've built this team around. This is insanity.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:31 PM
Spawn

Quote:

The bolded is such a horse **** thing to say. If you didn't have any plans on sitting back then you wouldn't put Smyth/Brown out there instead of Yakupov.

It's a bright neon ****ing sign to everyone in the building. The fans, and the players on both sides. "WE ARE PLAYING NOT TO LOSE"

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post

Take away Hall from this club, you won't win a game for the rest of the season.

you have the best avatar i've ever seen, could you make me one with lowe?

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vagabond

vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunymare View Post
I don't seem to recall the last time we won against Detroit...
That has nothing to do with anything tho. They were up and dominating the game after two periods. Krueger decides to play, "not to lose hockey" rather than, let's get that stake in the heart to win this game! Started the 3rd with none of the lines that were dominating the prior 2 periods. He punishes Yakupov for playing an excellent game. Splits up all four lines. Made the role players into wanna be scorers! PLayed old man balls Smyth rather than Harti with Ebs and Nuge. Took Yakupov off the Gags and MPS line. WTH would anybody do that? A coach with no faith and low hockey intellect mixed with zero confidence what so ever!

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdub View Post
You didn't plan on sitting back, yet putting Smyth on the 1st line is going to generate sustained offensive zone time. Right...

Unbelievable
For a guy who has a supposed reputation as a great speaker and a great motivator he sure doesn't take responsibility for his actions and decisions.

Old
Draiskull

vCash: 777
Only watched the 3rd and a few notes:

Smyth sucks..
Reffing may have been bad but we did take stupid penalties.. Harti\Horc
Team shouldve gone balls out at the end to bail out a teammate if they had any regard for Petry.
Eberle needs to wake up ... He is not even worth his current contract let alone the 6M he'll be making next yr onwards.

Draiskull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:32 PM
McJadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Piece of crap coach. GTFO...
pretty much this

krueger continued non-usage of yakupov in OT is almost historically stupid as well... the guy doesn't know how to run a bench, said it once and i'll say it a million times more (well, a hundred at least, lol)... the guy doesn't know how to use the players properly

that being said, can't be too upset with this game, we were the better team and should have won the game... i'll take the one point and live to fight another day... at least we didn't have the dreaded "first game back" problems that we often have after road trips

McJadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The bolded is such a horse **** thing to say. If you didn't have any plans on sitting back then you wouldn't put Smyth/Brown out there instead of Yakupov.

It's a bright neon ****ing sign to everyone in the building. The fans, and the players on both sides. "WE ARE PLAYING NOT TO LOSE"
Krueger's cowardice is unbelievable. It's absolutely amazing how he won't admit a mistake.

Old
Nunymare
Global Moderator
In 11.5% we trust

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
That has nothing to do with anything tho. They were up and dominating the game after two periods. Krueger decides to play, "not to lose hockey" rather than, let's get that stake in the heart to win this game! Started the 3rd with none of the lines that were dominating the prior 2 periods. He punishes Yakupov for playing an excellent game. Splits up all four lines. Made the role players into wanna be scorers! PLayed old man balls Smyth rather than Harti with Ebs and Nuge. Took Yakupov off the Gags and MPS line. WTH would anybody do that? A coach with no faith and low hockey intellect mixed with zero confidence what so ever!
Not saying it does, just thinking out loud...

Anyways I didn't watch this one and it seems that it was a wise decision to do so....

Nunymare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

vCash: 2516
Quote:
I guess you haven't played hockey before because these types of plays happen, it's a fast game. The puck came out quick, he was trying to bat it away from the net and he couldn't read the angle fast enough and it ended up in the net. An accident.
i have. there's no way scoring on your own net is ever excusable. ever. that is all. Petry is constantly misreading puck trajectories. bush league play from him this year, he was having a brain fart once every 4-5 games before, but now he makes a cringeworthy play or two every game.

Comrade Blunderbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ranfordrocks

thing drove me nuts is the officiating seem to give the red wings to much respect and all non calls against the oilers.

one coach that was good for the D they let go was Charlie Huddy.

Ranfordrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:33 PM
djdub
#6cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
For a guy who has a supposed reputation as a great speaker and a great motivator he sure doesn't take responsibility for his actions and decisions.
He also doesn't know how to coach a hockey team.

djdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:33 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
I blame a lot of things going wrong with this rebuild on Tambellini. I don't think he's qualified to be a GM at all. Outside of Schultz, his signings have been horrible and he has no idea what this team needs and worse, if he does know what this team needs, he either won't get it or can't get it.

Maybe he figured that a defensive minded coach would improve our defensive play. I don't know.

None of our coaches are "offensive masterminds."
You don't "think"??? Seriously? Are people still on the fence about Tambellini? Is another 29th/30th place needed? Maybe one more season after this in the basement. He needs to be given the benefit of the doubt before we atleast have 5 last place finishes.

Oh my God, I must be in hell. This can't be real.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Jarvi

Quote:
Yeah and this loss is not on Petry. No way it should be.

Hockey is a game of mistakes.
I will say that it's more our coaches fault. But to say that it is in no way Petry's fault is pretty out there. He scored the effing tying goal, and played the winner poorly as well.

Ya its a game of mistakes, when one player causes two major ones in the last 5 minutes of the game it is a little concerning. Hopefully he proves me wrong and comes out full of piss and vinegar against the Preds.

*I understand he wasn't the only one playing poorly on the winner, and that Datsyuk is amazing, but he could have played that better.

Jarvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:34 PM
frag2

Need a Fire Kruger and Fire Tambo chant. Then hire Burke and Ruff

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote