HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2013, 08:12 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
My teams are usually profitable.
I'm playing as the Devils with the 2012/2013 rosters and I lose money every year.

Just saw the weirdest things... At the end of the 2nd season with the rosters, there were a lot of star forwards UFA. Ryan Callahan (all green stats with a couple yellows on this DB) signed with Boston on a 2 year deal at under $800,000 a year. Then Patrice Bergeron (almost all green as well) signs with Toronto for 2 years at $1,100,000. I tried to get both of those guys offering over $1.5 million each because they only wanted around a million. I have no clue why either, both had over 40 points... Yet all these players who suck want a lot of money

Old
03-08-2013, 01:25 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
That's hilarious.

I usually struggle to attract free agents.

Old
03-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Watching the way free agency works, I have come to the conclusion that the game tends to use free agency as a means to create parity in the league. It won't let you gobble up players when there's other teams with 9 guys on the roster.

Old
03-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
That's maybe not a bug. Did you offer enough to qualify them before July 1st? Look at their information screen and check to see if it says "needs a qualifying offer" or if it says "Restricted free agent" in the Expires column.
It's definitely a bug. I know to qualify my rfa's and as I said, this happens a few days into free agency. If I weren't qualifying them they would become unrestricted on July 1st.

Just happened again this past offseason with my 2 best defensemen. They both signed elsewhere for way more than they're currently worth. One has only played one season and got $5 mil and the other is in his 3rd season and got $4 mil.

Old
03-08-2013, 08:22 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Watching the way free agency works, I have come to the conclusion that the game tends to use free agency as a means to create parity in the league. It won't let you gobble up players when there's other teams with 9 guys on the roster.
Weird thing is both Toronto and Boston had a lot of good forwards. Of course, Boston lost Bergeron to Toronto but they still have a bunch of good players.

Also funny in the DB, Pronger and Savard playing again is weird. Thomas retired in the first year for me but those 2 came back.

Old
03-09-2013, 11:24 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

What do mean came back ?

Old
03-09-2013, 02:20 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
What do mean came back ?
Well, in the 2012/2013 rosters, both of them are out with concussions at the 9 or whatever month period it says they're out for but then after that they usually come off IR and are playing again. Just Tim Thomas retired quickly for me in the first year.

Old
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Well, in the 2012/2013 rosters, both of them are out with concussions at the 9 or whatever month period it says they're out for but then after that they usually come off IR and are playing again. Just Tim Thomas retired quickly for me in the first year.
Oh lol, I haven't played EHM in quite a while.. Lol

Old
03-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Finally was looking like I was gonna have a really great defensive season in the NHL.

I think Kari Lehtonen had a 1.10 GAA, .950 save pct. through 10 or 12 games but I can't get past November 11 (2nd season I think) without it crashing...pretty bummed.

My defense isn't even that good I don't think...going from memory I think it's:

Joni Pitkanen-Stephane Robidas
Alex Goligoski-Philip Larsen
Patrik Nemeth-Jordie Benn (who is all 8's, 9's and 10's basically, but is playing awesome in my system, I think his avg rating is near 7.50; and Nemeth is a rookie with no AHL experience I don't believe but won the job out of camp, like Jordie Benn did, despite having fringe AHL/ECHL attributes)

Lehtonen's numbers would be even better if my PK wasn't so weak...for some reason it's near the bottom of the league, which isn't all that normal for me.

But unless I figure a way around this crash, it'll all be lost unfortunately...

Old
03-16-2013, 12:06 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Finally was looking like I was gonna have a really great defensive season in the NHL.

I think Kari Lehtonen had a 1.10 GAA, .950 save pct. through 10 or 12 games but I can't get past November 11 (2nd season I think) without it crashing...pretty bummed.

My defense isn't even that good I don't think...going from memory I think it's:

Joni Pitkanen-Stephane Robidas
Alex Goligoski-Philip Larsen
Patrik Nemeth-Jordie Benn (who is all 8's, 9's and 10's basically, but is playing awesome in my system, I think his avg rating is near 7.50; and Nemeth is a rookie with no AHL experience I don't believe but won the job out of camp, like Jordie Benn did, despite having fringe AHL/ECHL attributes)

Lehtonen's numbers would be even better if my PK wasn't so weak...for some reason it's near the bottom of the league, which isn't all that normal for me.

But unless I figure a way around this crash, it'll all be lost unfortunately...
Damn, that's cool though. I think I tried that with the Bruins once a long time ago I just abandoned it very fast.

Are they new rosters? Maybe that's the reason they crash? Not sure...

Old
03-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

I think they are summer 2012 rosters? Not sure. I still had Ribeiro (poor center to start a defensive team around).

See, normally I try to make a defensive team (as offense is too easy) with all defensive players and a defensive coach...so I took over Dallas and thought, what if I make a defensive team with offensive players and offensive-minded coach (Gulutzan is labeled as offensive for some reason in the game).

Just to save everyone the time...that doesn't work...

All I did was stop my offense from scoring and I still gave up around the league average for goals. After I made some lineup/tactical adjustments, I was able to get off to this pretty great start...but I guess I'll never know if it was just an amazing hot streak (for both goalies, as Joni Ortio wasn't terribly far behind) or if I was gonna do some damage on the largely unmolested defensive records in EHM.

Back to the drawing board...

Old
03-16-2013, 05:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I haven't played in months might start up again.

Old
03-19-2013, 12:53 AM
JxStaalx11
#BeauKnows!

so is there a place where i can get the full version. i do want to play this game again. i had the demo a long time ago but i would like to play the full thing.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:25 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by JxStaalx11 View Post
so is there a place where i can get the full version. i do want to play this game again. i had the demo a long time ago but i would like to play the full thing.
Hm, imo it is better, you wait for the final release of the Franchise Hockey Manager. Look to the other topic in this section. EHM is too old.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:01 PM
WhoahNow

I just starting playing this game again since I moved into an apartment and got my roommate to start playing too and he's hooked. I decided to make an offensive team as they are usually pretty easy. My last completed season with Carolina had my goal scorers as:

-Eric Staal- 48G 70A 118Pts
-Jakub Voracek- 50G 61A 111Pts
-Jeff Skinner- 46G 65A 111Pts
-Jussi Jokinen- 42G 63A 105Pts
-Tuomo Ruutu- 44G 44A 88Pts
-Jordan Staal- 39G 47A 86Pts

Then the next highest forward was:

Jiri Tlusty - 8G 9A 17Pts

I've been able to have one line tear it up, but never had such a dominant top 6. This was the first year that I fully took control of the coaching and tactics though so that must have something to do with it. I'm a few games into my third season I believe with my lineup as:

Skinner-Staal-Voracek
Ruutu-Staal-Jokinen
Tlusty-Rask-Hornqvist
LaRose-Bozak-Dalpe

Pitkanen - McBain
Staal - Rundblad
Mara - Faulk
Gragnani

Ward
Holtby

Drafted Ivan Berbashev in the last draft as I traded Semin for Voracek & a 1st and I'm excited to see what he turns into along with some other prospects such as Ian McCoshen, Victor Rask, David Rundblad.

I love this game

Old
03-21-2013, 04:48 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

That's an insane top 6.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:03 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Looks like my game is jacked up with a licensing issue. This seems to be the end of EHM for me.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:15 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Looks like my game is jacked up with a licensing issue. This seems to be the end of EHM for me.
What!? Nooooooooooooooo...

For me, I've been playing NHL 2004's dynasty mode the last few weeks. Still got a 2012/2013 Devils file going on EHM but haven't been motivated to play it or my main file with the Habs for a while.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:12 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

I'm pretty addicted to this game. I found out the hard way not to go on vacation. Computer answering media questions for me pisses me off something fierce. I went on vacation for two weeks, got back, and almost half my team wanted to be traded. smh

Old
03-23-2013, 08:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
What happened ?

Old
03-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

I dunno. For some reason, it wasn't recognizing my serial key. I restarted my machine and now it seems to be working again. So, yay.

Old
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM
RezChi

Man my game is weird constantly having high 30s to 50 shots per game

I picked up Turris from waivers, thanks Sens!

Old
03-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

I've come to the conclusion that unless my goalie is an absolute superstar, he's going to have above a 3.00 GAA. Its annoying

Old
03-25-2013, 05:20 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
I've come to the conclusion that unless my goalie is an absolute superstar, he's going to have above a 3.00 save%. Its annoying
I have to usually have a really stacked team for my goalies to get a 2.00ish GAA... I worry more about the SV% but even that, it's hard to get good with the game being so offensive-oriented.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by RezChi View Post
I picked up Turris from waivers, thanks Sens!
Haha, I claimed him in my most recent game as well. He sucked though.

Closed Thread