HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

GM Game #6 by TP, RR, and IR

Old
03-15-2013, 08:21 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Wooooo.

Matt Moulson - John Tavares - Brad Boyes
Josh Bailey - Frans Nielsen - Kyle Okposo
Michael Grabner - Marty Reasoner - Jesse Joensuu
Matt Martin - Casey Cizikas - Colin McDonald
Keith Aucoin, Eric Boulton

Andrew MacDonald - Travis Hamonic
Thomas Hickey - Matt Carkner
Joe Finley - Radek Martinek

Evgeni Nabokov
Kevin Poulin

IR: Brian Strait, David Ullstrom

Dat defense.
Thomas Hickey in the top 4=All star defense

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:25 PM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Thomas Hickey in the top 4=All star defense

When he was drafted, the Kings had him ranked top 10.

I remember during the TSN broadcast, they said another team had him ranked 157th.

Guess we know which team was right

OfWolfAndMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:35 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalPhoenix View Post
When he was drafted, the Kings had him ranked top 10.

I remember during the TSN broadcast, they said another team had him ranked 157th.

Guess we know which team was right
Still thought it was awesome that he got his first NHL goal 6 years after he was drafted, and it was an OT winner.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:38 PM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
Still thought it was awesome that he got his first NHL goal 6 years after he was drafted, and it was an OT winner.
Can't argue with that!

Not to get on my soapbox, but that's what pisses me off about the one day draft format this year. Hoping it doesn't go forward like that.

These kids get one chance to be front and centre after all their hard work, and a great many don't become NHL'ers. Prime Time in round 1 on TSN is how they get their due... and starting the draft at 1pm and wrapping it up by dinner isn't right.

And I say that partially because I love making the draft a weekend solo road trip. Have done Columbus, Ottawa, Montreal, Minnesota, and Pittsburgh over the past 6 years (LA being the one I missed)... be damned if I'm flying into Jersey for one day at that cost...

Old
03-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Water Knight

Quote:
Can't argue with that!

Not to get on my soapbox, but that's what pisses me off about the one day draft format this year. Hoping it doesn't go forward like that.

These kids get one chance to be front and centre after all their hard work, and a great many don't become NHL'ers. Prime Time in round 1 on TSN is how they get their due... and starting the draft at 1pm and wrapping it up by dinner isn't right.

And I say that partially because I love making the draft a weekend solo road trip. Have done Columbus, Ottawa, Montreal, Minnesota, and Pittsburgh over the past 6 years (LA being the one I missed)... be damned if I'm flying into Jersey for one day at that cost...
Which one was your favorite to be at?

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Backlund

Jiri Hudler - Valtteri Filppula - Roman Cervenka
Alex Tanguay - Mikael Backlund - Mike Cammalleri
Curtis Glencross - Matt Stajan - David Booth
Blake Comeau - Steve Begin - Brian McGrattan
Tim Wallace

Jay Bouwmeester - Dennis Wideman
TJ Brodie - Jakub Kindl
Chris Butler - Derek Smith
Cory Sarich

Ben Scrivens
Joey MacDonald

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:59 PM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
Which one was your favorite to be at?
Ottawa.

My brother has seasons tickets, so I got to sit in the lower bowl. Was an awesome experience... was maybe 6 feet from Alain Vigneault hanging out with all the big wigs from the QMJHL. Also was maybe 20 feet from the Habs draft table and Bob Gainey at the time.

Got to watch the interaction between the prospects and their families. Was most impressed with Evgeny Grachev - the second day of the draft, I (quite hungover from partying the night away with friends who drove in from Montreal) was at the Tim Hortons in Scotiabank Place waiting to order. He and his family were waiting in front of me.... none spoke any English, except his agent. They were in front of me, and the agent appeared to offer to order for Evgeny. The family, especially the father, had that very firm, stoic Russian look... lip slightly sneered, completely involved in themselves. Grachev wasn't having it though - he said something in Russian to the agent, and raising his eyebrows the agent walked away. Grachev then went on to, with great difficulty, order a honey-lemon tea without any help, in English.

Was a really interesting thing to see. Kid really wanted to be a part of North America.

Other than that, the one in Montreal was funny... I had driven 7 hours to Montreal, waited 3 hours in line to get into the arena only to wait 2 more hours for it to start. In a pissy mood to begin with, especially seeing LA take Brayden Schenn, I watched us draft Kadri when I was hoping to hear us take MPS or Jared Cowen... so I let out at full volume "I drove 7 ****ing hours to watch us draft Nazem ****ing Kadri?!"

I got a good laugh out of the people around me... though now I appear to be eatting quite a bit of crow

That said, each draft is a heartbreaker at the end. Particularly Ottawa. When walking up the steps to leave, there were 3 picks left. Walking by those families, those kids, seeing them in silent prayer in the finest suit, thinking this was their time.... and knowing there were only 3 spots left with many of them in the stands, and more outside the arena. I saw the look of fear and panic in their eyes. Really wrenches the gut... just wanna pat them on the back and tell them they've done good, and maybe next year.

Last edited by OfWolfAndMan: 03-15-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old
03-15-2013, 09:42 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
***UPDATE YOUR ROSTER***

Voting system :

Note : IR and I have already decided that I will get the more points and he will get the less points. But you can still vote for the other spots!

Send me the standings how you see them for both conferences (in a single PM, please). The top team on each list will receive 15 points, 2nd place gets 14, etc. down to last team which will get 1 point. I will then add up the point totals from all the standings I have received and come out with the final standings. Same rules as the NHL apply, the top team in each division will be gauranteed a top 3 spot in each conference.

Example of an acceptable vote:

Eastern Conference
*Winnipeg = 15 points
*Montreal = 14 points
*New Jersey = 13 points
NY Islanders = 12 points
Philadelphia = 11 points
Florida = 10 points
Buffalo = 9 points
Washington = 8 points
-------------------
NY Rangers = 7 points
Toronto = 6 points
Ottawa = 5 points
Carolina = 4 points
Pittsburgh = 3 points
Boston = 2 points
Tampa Bay = 1 point

Western Conference
*Colorado = 15 points
*St. Louis = 14 points
*Anaheim = 13 points
Edmonton = 12 points
Minnesota = 11 points
Vancouver = 10 points
Calgary = 9 points
Nashville = 8 points
-------------------
San Jose = 7 points
Phoenix = 6 points
Columbus = 5 points
Los Angeles = 4 points
Detroit = 3 points
Dallas = 2 points
Chicago = 1 point

DEADLINE TO VOTE IS 4 PM EST TOMORROW
Already 10 votes, keep them coming!

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:54 PM
donghabs98

Quote:
Ottawa.

My brother has seasons tickets, so I got to sit in the lower bowl. Was an awesome experience... was maybe 6 feet from Alain Vigneault hanging out with all the big wigs from the QMJHL. Also was maybe 20 feet from the Habs draft table and Bob Gainey at the time.

Got to watch the interaction between the prospects and their families. Was most impressed with Evgeny Grachev - the second day of the draft, I (quite hungover from partying the night away with friends who drove in from Montreal) was at the Tim Hortons in Scotiabank Place waiting to order. He and his family were waiting in front of me.... none spoke any English, except his agent. They were in front of me, and the agent appeared to offer to order for Evgeny. The family, especially the father, had that very firm, stoic Russian look... lip slightly sneered, completely involved in themselves. Grachev wasn't having it though - he said something in Russian to the agent, and raising his eyebrows the agent walked away. Grachev then went on to, with great difficulty, order a honey-lemon tea without any help, in English.

Was a really interesting thing to see. Kid really wanted to be a part of North America.

Other than that, the one in Montreal was funny... I had driven 7 hours to Montreal, waited 3 hours in line to get into the arena only to wait 2 more hours for it to start. In a pissy mood to begin with, especially seeing LA take Brayden Schenn, I watched us draft Kadri when I was hoping to hear us take MPS or Jared Cowen... so I let out at full volume "I drove 7 ****ing hours to watch us draft Nazem ****ing Kadri?!"

I got a good laugh out of the people around me... though now I appear to be eatting quite a bit of crow

That said, each draft is a heartbreaker at the end. Particularly Ottawa. When walking up the steps to leave, there were 3 picks left. Walking by those families, those kids, seeing them in silent prayer in the finest suit, thinking this was their time.... and knowing there were only 3 spots left with many of them in the stands, and more outside the arena. I saw the look of fear and panic in their eyes. Really wrenches the gut... just wanna pat them on the back and tell them they've done good, and maybe next year.
I was at the Montreal Draft too. I was in Montreal for a family vacation and I was like "what the heck the draft is in town lets go". When Schenn was drafted by LA I was laughing in my sit much to the anger of the leafs fan in front of me

Old
03-15-2013, 10:55 PM
drnaud81

Sergei Kostitsyn ($3.000m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Martin Erat ($4.500m)
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Mike Fisher ($4.250m) / Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.600m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Craig Smith ($0.900m)
Brandon Yip ($0.750m) / Nick Spaling ($1.050m) / Richard Clune ($0.538m)
Bobby Butler ($0.525m) / Zach Boychuk ($0.625m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kevin Klein ($1.350m) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)
Hal Gill ($2.000m) / Ryan Ellis ($1.440m)
Matthias Ekholm ($1.025m) / Yannick Weber ($0.945m)
Justin Braun ($1.250m)

GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Chris Mason ($1.500m)

BUYOUTS: $3.050m
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,912,976 Bonuses: $1,135,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $9,422,024

IN: Stastny, Clowe, Y.Weber, Braun, Pa.Holland, NAS 2nd, MTL 3rd
OUT: Josi, Blum, Hannan, Wilson, Watson, Halischuk, Gaustad, some other prospects/picks

We feel our offence has greatly improved, but the defense is a little weak. That being said, we still have one of the best goaltender and d-man in the league (Rinne, S.Weber) and feel that we are overall a better team that before. So the playoffs are definitely within reach and once in the playoffs, everything can happen!

drnaud81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:56 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Still would help if anyone could handle the playoffs tomorrow. I may be able to do the last round or two, but I definitely can't do the first couple.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:57 PM
donghabs98

The Boston Bruins have resigned winger Ryan Jones to a 3 year deal worth 6.3 million. "We here in Boston love the style of play that Ryan brings to the table every night and we are happy to lock him up long term".

Last edited by donghabs98: 03-16-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old
03-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Thomas Vanek ($7.143m) / Cody Hodgson ($1.667m) / Chris Stewart ($3.000m)
Steve Ott ($2.950m) / Tyler Ennis ($2.813m) / Drew Stafford ($4.000m)
Marcus Foligno ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Brian Flynn ($1.025m)
Nathan Gerbe ($1.450m) / Mikhail Grigorenko ($1.775m) / Patrick Kaleta ($1.250m)
Ville Leino ($4.500m) / Jochen Hecht ($1.250m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Tyler Myers ($5.500m) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($1.300m)
Robyn Regehr ($4.020m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
Jordan Leopold ($3.000m) / Mike Weber ($0.950m)
T.J. Brennan ($0.550m) /
GOALTENDERS
Ryan Miller ($6.250m)
Jhonas Enroth ($0.675m)
------
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,342,023; BONUSES: $3,060,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $8,857,977

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
Vote , because you know they will make the playoffs regardless of the names on the back of the jersey.

FORWARDS
Alexei Ponikarovsky ($1.800m) / Andrei Loktionov ($0.633m) / Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.667m)
Patrik Elias ($6.000m) / Travis Zajac ($5.750m) / David Clarkson ($2.667m)
Jason Chimera ($1.750m) / Adam Henrique ($0.578m) / Dainius Zubrus ($3.400m)
Ryan Carter ($0.775m) / Stephen Gionta ($0.563m) / Steve Bernier ($0.775m)
Krystofer Barch ($0.750m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Bryce Salvador ($3.167m) / Mark Fayne ($1.300m)
Andy Greene ($3.000m) / Adam Larsson ($0.925m)
Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m) / Marek Zidlicky ($4.000m)
Henrik Tallinder ($3.375m) / Peter Harrold ($0.525m)
GOALTENDERS
Martin Brodeur ($4.500m)
Johan Hedberg ($1.400m)
OTHER
Buyout: Trent Hunter ($0.667m)
Buyout: Eric Boulton ($0.250m)
------
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,381,667; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $4,918,333

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:39 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200
Quote:

The Boston Bruins have resigned winger Ryan Jones to a 3 year deal worth 6.3 million dollars per year. "We here in Boston love the style of play that Ryan brings to the table every night and we are happy to lock him up long term".
Wait a second...

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
Wait a second...
I cant believe the UFA agent allowed him to sign that. Jones would easily get $7 mil per year in free agency

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Peter Griffin

Ryan Jones has a fantastic agent.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

Dodged that bullet.

Soli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:47 AM
Water Knight

Quote:
Ottawa.

Man sounds like fun.
I really feel for those guys that don't get picked though.

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:04 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Did I just read Ryan Jones was getting 6.3 million per year!!!!!!

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:22 AM
GFS

Lauri Korpikoski - Stephen Weiss - Kris Versteeg
Peter Mueller - Jonathan Huberdeau - Alexei Kovalev
Sean Bergenheim - Marcel Goc - Tomas Kopecky
Jack Skille - Shawn Matthias - Scottie Upshall
Colby Armstrong

Brian Campbell - Marc-Edouard Vlasic
Jack Johnson - Brad Stuart
Dmitry Kulikov - Scott Hannan
Ed Jovanovski - Mike Weaver

Roberto Luongo
Jose Theodore

GFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:19 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:

The Boston Bruins have resigned winger Ryan Jones to a 3 year deal worth 6.3 million dollars per year. "We here in Boston love the style of play that Ryan brings to the table every night and we are happy to lock him up long term".
Dong, I hope you meant 3 years, 6.3m total if not, good work agent

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:45 AM
The Instigator

vCash: 900
Haha Mother****** Jones.

The Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:36 AM
holden57

Parise - Koivu - Coyle
Zucker - Cullen - Heatley
Raymond - Lombardi - Clutterbuck
Paille - Rupp - Mitchell

Suter - Brodin
Ference - Gilbert
Falk - Spurgeon
ex. Prosser

Backstrom
Harding

In terms of NHL calibre, my team is pretty much the same. I traded away Setoguchi, Brodziak, Kenopka and Stoner. I replaced them with Raymond, Lombardi, Paille and Ference. However, I added a top prospect in Emerson Etem and an underrated d-man in Torrey Krug. This is still definitely a playoff team.

holden57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:07 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Roy View Post
***UPDATE YOUR ROSTER***

Voting system :

Note : IR and I have already decided that I will get the more points and he will get the less points. But you can still vote for the other spots!

Send me the standings how you see them for both conferences (in a single PM, please). The top team on each list will receive 15 points, 2nd place gets 14, etc. down to last team which will get 1 point. I will then add up the point totals from all the standings I have received and come out with the final standings. Same rules as the NHL apply, the top team in each division will be gauranteed a top 3 spot in each conference.

Example of an acceptable vote:

Eastern Conference
*Winnipeg = 15 points
*Montreal = 14 points
*New Jersey = 13 points
NY Islanders = 12 points
Philadelphia = 11 points
Florida = 10 points
Buffalo = 9 points
Washington = 8 points
-------------------
NY Rangers = 7 points
Toronto = 6 points
Ottawa = 5 points
Carolina = 4 points
Pittsburgh = 3 points
Boston = 2 points
Tampa Bay = 1 point

Western Conference
*Colorado = 15 points
*St. Louis = 14 points
*Anaheim = 13 points
Edmonton = 12 points
Minnesota = 11 points
Vancouver = 10 points
Calgary = 9 points
Nashville = 8 points
-------------------
San Jose = 7 points
Phoenix = 6 points
Columbus = 5 points
Los Angeles = 4 points
Detroit = 3 points
Dallas = 2 points
Chicago = 1 point

DEADLINE TO VOTE IS 4 PM EST TOMORROW
Half the teams have already sent their votes!

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote