HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-2 ...Krueger ecstatic with the one point

Old
03-15-2013, 11:40 PM
ohheyhemsky
Regehr DooDoo

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
Atleast we still have Buchberger...
Hey now.

When you think of an assistant coach that you want to help develop fully skilled based players, who are probably going to be up there with the best skill wise players in the league if developed correctly, who else comes to mind?

ohheyhemsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
Agreed! Mike Keenan even! Krueger needs to go back to the Swiss league!

I clung onto giving Tambi a chance for too long! His time has expired!
Oilers brass praised the hell out of Krueger during that embarrassing string of games against the Blues, Wings and Predators and extolled his virtues. We're stuck with his gutless brand of hockey for a while.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:41 PM
#ualberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
The bolded is such a horse **** thing to say. If you didn't have any plans on sitting back then you wouldn't put Smyth/Brown out there instead of Yakupov.

It's a bright neon ****ing sign to everyone in the building. The fans, and the players on both sides. "WE ARE PLAYING NOT TO LOSE"
Exactly,
He should not have to say something like that, hes basically saying we weren't planning on losing but s**t happens, those were not his words but his words were pretty damn close to that.

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allforshow View Post
I'm done with this team. I'm sick of traveling 12 hours and spending well over $1000 to come see these guys lose everytime in the same way. I'm not going to anymore games, throwing out all my jerseys and autographed stuff and I'm cheering for Vancouver from here on out. Done with these losers can't watch this garbage anymore. Scrap this rebuild, oilers are gonna be losers nothing can be done about it.
Peace out and thanks for all the Fish.

Jimmi McJenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
TheStroker

vCash: 2275
Frustrating game. Yet another win slipped away

TheStroker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
I'm done with this team. I'm sick of traveling 12 hours and spending well over $1000 to come see these guys lose everytime in the same way. I'm not going to anymore games, throwing out all my jerseys and autographed stuff and I'm cheering for Vancouver from here on out. Done with these losers can't watch this garbage anymore. Scrap this rebuild, oilers are gonna be losers nothing can be done about it.
Wish most people would actually do this. It's time to get desperate and try anything and everything to get rid of Tambo and Lowe while this team still has a chance to be something good, and built properly. This time and the next couple of seasons is critical. Anyone with any confidence or faith in Tamblowe is an idiot. This team goes nowhere but headed for a complete disaster as they have been the last 3-4 seasons with those imbeciles steering the way.

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
They were already established, or atleast Getzlaf and Perry were, Ryan had to be in the minors for a while.

Wouldn't be great, trading some of these young talents for truculence.
I don't why you think that though. When did Burke trade young talent for Truculence?

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDNicks17
McDavid Has Arrived

Quote:
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe
"The shorthander was a one off.He was part of the reason we were up. We're not going to desert players"R.Krueger on playing J.Petry late.
This quote is enraging.

You mean like Yakupov? Yeah, not going to desert him in the 3rd...

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KlimasLoveChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
He looks horrible. Absolutely horrible. He's my favorite player on the team, and I have to be completely honest about his play. He's a complete non-factor right now. He's the oldest of the "kid line"; he's not 18 or 19 anymore, he's 22 going on 23. That's not old, but it's old enough that he should be more mature than this. Wake the **** up. What a useless POS he is right now. I'm infuriated with his 'not giving a F' ways. I thought he was a different guy and player than this. It's gutting to see...
Ebs will be ok. It's pretty clear he has injured his hand. Either his finger is smashed or actually broken. Seeing as his hands are what make him great it is a big problem. Think he'll be ok in the long run.

KlimasLoveChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:42 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth Slothersons View Post
Let's face it. We aren't making the playoffs. Might as well be the laughing stock of the league for another season and tank.
But keep raising ticket prices and lap up another sell out season Katz.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
he kept Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan in 2007...
I'd like to know what talent Burke moved off the leafs? They are a much better team now then when he took over. Also don't want to hear about Seguin and Hamilton as Burke had no clue he's end up giving up the 2nd overall and Kessel has been a damn good player for them.

RaabHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
I don't why you think that though. When did Burke trade young talent for Truculence?
What are the Oilers lacking, what does he Love to have. It's not complicated man.

I was thinking, if you do hate this coach and GM this much, run them out of town. Seriously, it's been done to enough players and coaches before this, get on it.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Yup, nothing like doing things in the short term, that worked well for him and his last back end.
Yeah because having the balls to make that move to grab both of the Sedins hasn't had a long term impact for that team to the west of us. Or drafting that Kesler guy.

Or hey, didn't he draft Bobby Ryan and Justin Schultz and Jake Gardiner too?

That Nazem Kadri is a bust too.

The Kessel deal is the only really "bad" move he's made and it's not like Kessel is garbage.

Burke is a better GM than anyone the Oilers have had since Sather. Period. He wins the vast majority of the trades he's involved in too. JVR deal = win. Phaneuf deal = win. Lupul/Gardiner deal = win.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Finding another way to lose a game

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Daryl Katz Fan Club*

This team is officially run like a mob now. You've got the boss on top (Katz) giving his made men (Lowe and Mactavish) cushy positions with immunity. They control the scene, but street toughs (Tambellini and Kreuger) who do their bidding and take the heat if things go south. They can easily be replaced with an equivalent muppett should there be heat from the outside.

Wise guys like Laforge and Bob Black are hired guns for the experience they carry in coercing public heads when necessary.

The politicians like Redford (and formerly Mandel) have been bought and paid for, or in Mandel's case, I'm sure the attempt was made.

Daryl Katz Fan Club* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
#ualberta

Quote:
Any chance i can have your jerseys and autographed stuff
Have fun on the canucks board

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:44 PM
oilphan

I think I know how Tambo feels. We win a couple of games and I start thinking maybe we finally turned the corner. Maybe our roster is fine and we just needed to mature a bit.

Problem is, I am a fan and he is the freakin GM of an NHL team. He should know how to identify and and at least make an attempt to fix the problem. No offense to anyone on this board, but he is as bad a GM as any one of us would be.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RuneMcEres
Seasons in the Abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
This quote is enraging.

You mean like Yakupov? Yeah, not going to desert him in the 3rd...
Don't you think Petry appreciates his coach defending him in the media though?

RuneMcEres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Katz Fan Club View Post
This team is officially run like a mob now. You've got the boss on top (Katz) giving his made men (Lowe and Mactavish) cushy positions with immunity. They control the scene, but street toughs (Tambellini and Kreuger) who do their bidding and take the heat if things go south. They can easily be replaced with an equivalent muppett should there be heat from the outside.

Wise guys like Laforge and Bob Black are hired guns for the experience they carry in coercing public heads when necessary.

The politicians like Redford (and formerly Mandel) have been bought and paid for, or in Mandel's case, I'm sure the attempt was made.
Do something about it. If you can run a HHOF like Paul Coffey out of town, these guys should be a cinch.

Old
03-15-2013, 11:45 PM
McJadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Got away with it in Chicago but just barely. Didn't get away with it here in Detroit. Tough penalties and a dumb move by Petry be damned.

It is an absolute chicken **** way to play hockey. Oilers played an incredible first 40 minutes. But they deserved to lose the way that the team came out in the 3rd period. Krueger is such a poor coach.
Krueger really has to be shown the door... maybe they want to wait until the off-season or give him a full year, but only a complete idiot would say that this is the coach for us moving forward... he's a complete joke

McJadeddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oilphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
But keep raising ticket prices and lap up another sell out season Katz.
Don't forget about us donating another $100M to the project while he grows his $2.6B nest egg.

oilphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Quote:
What are the Oilers lacking, what does he Love to have. It's not complicated man.

I was thinking, if you do hate this coach and GM this much, run them out of town. Seriously, it's been done to enough players and coaches before this, get on it.
I think most NHL GM's would have turned this thing around a lot faster then Tambellinni has. Whether that be Burke, Murray, or whoever. I find Tambellinni to be a very passive person and unfortunately its ended up with us getting the worse end of the majority of trades he's made.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Wheathead
Formally a McRib

Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
I don't mind Krueger playing Petry after the goal. Whatever.

But it angers me to think that he had the gall to try and SIT on a lead against Detroit. The Oilers' best defense is keeping the puck in Detroit's end. Not trying to play the cat and mouse game against Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Brunner.

Wheathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDNicks17
McDavid Has Arrived

Quote:
Originally Posted by runeeres View Post
Don't you think Petry appreciates his coach defending him in the media though?
I'd be too pissed at Krueger for being a two-faced lier to care.

McDNicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Krueger's cowardice is unbelievable. It's absolutely amazing how he won't admit a mistake.
Either that or he doesn't realize the effects of his decisions. Like I said, the reasonable reaction from a player upon seeing the lines changed like that in that type of situation is going to be "OH MAN BETTER NOT GET SCORED ON" and the team will instantly turn passive.

Krueger can just plead the fifth and keep believing that it's okay just because he didn't explicitly tell them to go out and play scared, but the fact is that it's the message he constantly seems to be sending. Keep your hands off and let your players play sometimes.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote