HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #26 Sharks vs Kings 7:30PM CSNCA KFOX "It's a me, Marileau!"

Old
03-15-2013, 08:26 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
I was wondering if hes fully healed from that knee sprain he got in the KHL.
Okay, this organization is making me pull my hair out with it's moronic decisions. They let Havlat and Clowe play injured. They forced Burns back too early. They refuse to play Demers. They create death pairings (Murray-Stuart and Stuart-Vlasic) that can't move the puck out of their zone effectively and therefore get killed in scoring chances. They won't bench Burish or Handzus. They keep scratching Galiardi, they played ****ing Bracken Kearns over him. If they let Pavelski play injured enough to make him look as slow and bad as he does right now, I'm going to lose it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Okay, this organization is making me pull my hair out with it's moronic decisions. They let Havlat and Clowe play injured. They forced Burns back too early. They refuse to play Demers. They create death pairings (Murray-Stuart and Stuart-Vlasic) that can't move the puck out of their zone effectively and therefore get killed in scoring chances. They won't bench Burish or Handzus. They keep scratching Galiardi, they played ****ing Bracken Kearns over him. If they let Pavelski play injured enough to make him look as slow and bad as he does right now, I'm going to lose it.
calm down. I understand the frustration with the D pairings..but Clowe and Havlat aren't seriously hurt if they played. Havlat..we all worry because hes made of glass. Pavelski could also be tired. Hes been playing since September with no training camp. I was just speculating. His legs look very heavy. Burish and Zus are going to play..the reality of that situation set in with me a while ago.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The Murray-Stuart pairing is literally the worst pairing that you could create from the Sharks D. I hate it so much.

Also, wtf is up with Pavs.
My explanation is that he is now a zombie.

Quote:
The one question I have now is if DW has any say at all with regard to how TMac is playing/setting the lines.

If yes, then both should be fired.
If no, why the hell not?

03-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
The one question I have now is if DW has any say at all with regard to how TMac is playing/setting the lines.

If yes, then both should be fired.
If no, why the hell not?
I'm sure DW has a say. I doubt he overrides him though. The Galiardi trade seems to tell some story about this aspect of things.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:12 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
It was one of the few underwhelming games by Stuart all year. He's been rock-solid for us.
It's not that Stuart was bad, it's that anyone who is paired with Murray is going to suffer.
I really don't see how people could still support him. Murray isn't even a good PKer. He just blocks shots which sometimes isn't even that good (last game where he was perfectly screening Niemi).

I'm really, really getting annoyed by Drew this season too. He's just repeating the same cliches of "screen the goalie" "dump the puck", and he's playing huge favorites. You know if Braun was the one that was screening Niemi yesterday, he'd criticize him to no end. But since it was Murray, he only mentioned it once.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 10:12 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Anyone who is paired with Murray is going to suffer.
Especially when they're another defensive defenseman.

No, it's not like we have a perfectly good PMD rotting in the press box.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:12 AM
magic school bus

vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I'm sure DW has a say. I doubt he overrides him though. The Galiardi trade seems to tell some story about this aspect of things.
I'm sure he had a say in the decision to play Burns at forward because I would lose my **** if I was him and that happened without my knowledge.

magic school bus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:20 AM
Kitten Mittons

Does it bother anyone that they insist on Pavelski being a winger? Even now that he is on the 2nd line, they play Marleau at center and Pavs on wing. ugh.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:24 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Does it bother anyone that they insist on Pavelski being a winger? Even now that he is on the 2nd line, they play Marleau at center and Pavs on wing. ugh.
I thought they just roamed around anyway. Pavelski only took one less faceoff than Marleau did last game.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 05:19 AM
NWShark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Whatever is wrong with pavs (knee or leg?) I think it must affect his ability to handle the centers defensive zone responsibilities.

NWShark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:28 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I thought they just roamed around anyway. Pavelski only took one less faceoff than Marleau did last game.
Seemed to me that Marleau was playing the center on defense, although Pavelski is better than him at draws.

Old
03-16-2013, 11:09 AM
vilpertti

Quote:
Seemed to me that Marleau was playing the center on defense, although Pavelski is better than him at draws.
It's my understanding they change the center who's taking faceoffs depending on if it's the right or left dot.

vilpertti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 11:55 AM
do0glas

If you watch, pavs is usually the primary back checker because Marleau gets so deep in the zone. So while pavs in the traditional sense is not a center, he covers both ends of the ice. Likely to maximize marleaus offense.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:46 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
But that is so ludicrous. I mean DW is spending money and trading assets to acquire players and TMac will not play them. In my eyes that makes DW look bad.

Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
But that is so ludicrous. I mean DW is spending money and trading assets to acquire players and TMac will not play them. In my eyes that makes DW look bad.
Or that TMac and DW aren't on the same page or maybe they both aren't pleased with T.J's off ice habits or work ethic. Who knows at this point.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
It does make DW look bad that he acquires players that don't fit TMac's bill in order to play them. I can't believe that DW will override McLellan and make guys play. I don't see a coach putting up with that and I can't see a GM keeping a guy that won't play his guys if he really made an issue of it. Besides, the guys that have these responsibilities have to be given the rope to actually make those decisions. This is why owners don't really sign off on any deal because the GM's are the ones assigned that task and that's why we have Jumbo. lol

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
calm down. I understand the frustration with the D pairings..but Clowe and Havlat aren't seriously hurt if they played. Havlat..we all worry because hes made of glass. Pavelski could also be tired. Hes been playing since September with no training camp. I was just speculating. His legs look very heavy. Burish and Zus are going to play..the reality of that situation set in with me a while ago.
if he's "tired" then he needs to get back into the gym and work on his cardio. he has only played 43 games at the moment.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote