HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Calgary-St.Louis

Old
03-16-2013, 06:18 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiv View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack Blogger Crap
With that being said, there has been some discussion on Twitter over the last few days that there might be mutual interest between the Flames and the Blues with respect to trades. While this is mere speculation at this point, the names being mentioned are Bouwmeester & Stempniak from Calgary and Stewart & Cole from the Blues. Not sure if the two teams can agree to terms on a deal anytime soon, but this could be a solid framework at the very least.
Hahaha. Well, there you go. Trade is imminent.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:20 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(o)ϵ

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewskiv View Post
Thanks.

Blues take on a huge amount of salary in that deal. I think it's safe to say that's not going to happen.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:34 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Thanks.

Blues take on a huge amount of salary in that deal. I think it's safe to say that's not going to happen.
That's what's hilarious about almost every vulture offer for Stewart. I can understand some trepidation that he'll revert to last year's form, but unless it's a deal that blows Armstrong away, the only real reason they'd move Stewart is due to salary concerns. I can understand the idea that they'd be willing to pay Pietrangelo's future partner that kind of dough, but it's unlikely with Pietro and Shatty primed for payday. So the assets coming back either have to be cheaper or the other team is going to have to bite down really hard on retained salary.

I think it's far more likely that the Blues will hang onto Stewart, talk to him about a contract after the season, and then deal his rights at the draft if necessary.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:42 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
Mark giordano
Lee stempniak
2nd

For

Chris Stewart
Ian cole
Ty rattie.

OR

Giordano
Stempniak

For

Stewart
Cole
No to both. I'm tired of all these trade proposals between Cal and Gary and Blues fans myself.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I'd definitely rather do Cole and a 1st.
so would any Flames fan that puts thought into things. At this point in time a 1st is worth much more to the Flames than Rattie. Too many Flames fans only want Rattie because they think he and Baertschi will play well together in the NHL as well as the WHL.

Method Man is online now   Reply With Quote