HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumor Thread Part VI: Gaborik for Peanuts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2013, 08:07 AM
  #901
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Stewart's the kind of player that shows up one out of every four games. With Win moving West next year, I would consider a Gaborik for Bogosian package.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:23 AM
  #902
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Stewart's the kind of player that shows up one out of every four games. With Win moving West next year, I would consider a Gaborik for Bogosian package.
i like this always liked bogosian, plays great d is a righty and his offense is finally getting there..

Gaborik+ for Bogosian+1st


Last edited by dethomas07: 03-16-2013 at 08:35 AM.
dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:25 AM
  #903
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Stewart's the kind of player that shows up one out of every four games. With Win moving West next year, I would consider a Gaborik for Bogosian package.
id consider that... Bogosian is a solid dman. id love Ladd on NYR. too bad his value is at his highest... i wish the Rangers made a deal for him when he was on the Hawks...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:44 AM
  #904
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
moar RWs! He can play on the 4th line behind Nash, Callahan and Gaborik...

Championship* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:54 AM
  #905
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,870
vCash: 500
sooooo did anyone see Glencross score a hat trick last night? I still think Tanguay, Glencross Plus for Gabby is not terrible

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 08:56 AM
  #906
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Enough with the Eminger/Bickel/Gilroy triumvirate. Spend the $2M on one player. A sound 3rd pair veteran D. In the beginning it was Bickel. Now Bicks is exclusively a forward. The Rangers can't find a better forward? Then it was Gilroy. Now its Eminger. Torts said today Eminger has solidified his hold as the 5th D right now. He wasn't playing two weeks ago. Hamrlik is back in tonight after Schoenfeld kicked his butt in two days of conditioning drills.
if they are going to move Gaborik I think they can package a few spare parts with him which would be Bickel and Gilroy...........in that deal they should be able to get a solid 3rd pairing Dman and have Eminger and Hamrlik as spares..........3.5 for Hamrilik better not affect the trade deadline moves.

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:01 AM
  #907
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
how about..

Gaborik, top prospect (THomas/Skjei/Fasth/McIrath), Pyatt, 3rd for Lou Eriksson+Roy

Eriksson-Richards-Callahan
Hags-Step-Nash
Kreider-Roy-Miller
Powe-Boyle-Haley

Halpern, Asham

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:11 AM
  #908
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
id consider that... Bogosian is a solid dman. id love Ladd on NYR. too bad his value is at his highest... i wish the Rangers made a deal for him when he was on the Hawks...
The Jets have Jake Trouba who is going to go pro in a few weeks that can replace Bogosian. They add to their top end talent from a position of strength, and I'll throw out

Cormier/Slater
Thorburn
Bogosian
1st.

For

Gaborik
Bickel
3rd.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:12 AM
  #909
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dethomas07 View Post
how about..

Gaborik, top prospect (THomas/Skjei/Fasth/McIrath), Pyatt, 3rd for Lou Eriksson+Roy

Eriksson-Richards-Callahan
Hags-Step-Nash
Kreider-Roy-Miller
Powe-Boyle-Haley

Halpern, Asham
no way Dallas trades Eriksson.. he is a great player. very underrated.. i bet he is their next captain if Morrow gets traded

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:14 AM
  #910
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
The Jets have Jake Trouba who is going to go pro in a few weeks that can replace Bogosian. They add to their top end talent from a position of strength, and I'll throw out

Cormier/Slater
Thorburn
Bogosian
1st.

For

Gaborik
Bickel
3rd.
Cormier id perfer over Slater. Thorburn is decent 4th liner.. id do that deal.. will the Jets..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:23 AM
  #911
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Rangers Yotes trade proposal

Rangers trade Brian Boyle and Ryan Bourque
Yotes trade Raffi Torres and Phil Lane


Rangers need more offense from the bottom lines. Yes Torres is wreckless at times but when he is not, he does have some talent..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:24 AM
  #912
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Boyle will be gone by the deadline. if not i will be shocked.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:29 AM
  #913
dethomas07
Registered User
 
dethomas07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New York, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
no way Dallas trades Eriksson.. he is a great player. very underrated.. i bet he is their next captain if Morrow gets traded
yeah i am a big fan always wanted him, as soon as we got word richards was coming here i thought we would try and trade for him.. but we went after nash.. i agree, it would take a lot..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Rangers Yotes trade proposal

Rangers trade Brian Boyle and Ryan Bourque
Yotes trade Raffi Torres and Phil Lane


Rangers need more offense from the bottom lines. Yes Torres is wreckless at times but when he is not, he does have some talent..
i was actually thinking about getting torres this morning.. i think he would fit good on 3rd line lw.. id try and get him and korp back.. perfect bottom 6 players..

dethomas07 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:49 AM
  #914
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
how about trying for Pouliot from the Bolts?? he is a solid 3rd liner and would be a big upgrade over Boyle...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 09:56 AM
  #915
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Our entire bottom six for for Crosby's lucky high school jock strap and a shooter tutor

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 10:17 AM
  #916
Graves94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Our entire bottom six for for Crosby's lucky high school jock strap and a shooter tutor
Agreed! Our bottom 6 has no talent/skill whatsoever. It might be the worst, production-wise in the league. We're definetily way behind the top teams in the East!

Graves94 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 10:30 AM
  #917
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 9,774
vCash: 500
Are there any actual rumors in the press these days to discuss? Or is it all just us frustrated fans spitballing wild ideas on how to shake up the current underperforming group?

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 10:39 AM
  #918
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 500
I had a dream last night that the following trade went through

Jarnkrok+Tatar+Helm+1st

for

Gaborik+Boyle+3rd

iamitter is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 10:58 AM
  #919
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Are there any actual rumors in the press these days to discuss? Or is it all just us frustrated fans spitballing wild ideas on how to shake up the current underperforming group?
Yeah both Pierre LeBrun and Bobby Mac said the Rangers aren't shopping him, but are looking for two bottom six forwards with grit, and a top 4 RHD, but would not consider trading Gaborik if he was firing on all cylinders.

I would not be surprised if Thorburn ended up a Ranger somehow. Frankly the Rangers need two pieces to fill out the roster, a reliable no 6 defenseman and another gritty forward, while keeping Gaborik to be a competitive team.

Heck I would give McIlrath a look and pick up an energy guy to see what that does if Asham can't fill his role before trading Gaborik.

If Gaborik is getting traded then its for upgrades and future assets, none of which I can see any team giving up.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 11:18 AM
  #920
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Yeah both Pierre LeBrun and Bobby Mac said the Rangers aren't shopping him, but are looking for two bottom six forwards with grit, and a top 4 RHD, but would not consider trading Gaborik if he was firing on all cylinders.

I would not be surprised if Thorburn ended up a Ranger somehow. Frankly the Rangers need two pieces to fill out the roster, a reliable no 6 defenseman and another gritty forward, while keeping Gaborik to be a competitive team.

Heck I would give McIlrath a look and pick up an energy guy to see what that does if Asham can't fill his role before trading Gaborik.

If Gaborik is getting traded then its for upgrades and future assets, none of which I can see any team giving up.
im hoping for one of Thorburn, McLeod (UFA),Torres, Clifford, Beleksey at the deadline.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 11:26 AM
  #921
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,870
vCash: 500
Stars fans are balking but a Gaborik, Boyle package to Dallas for Eriksson, Morrow is what I would hope for most.

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 11:28 AM
  #922
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Stars fans are balking but a Gaborik, Boyle package to Dallas for Eriksson, Morrow is what I would hope for most.
Yeah, there's no way we're getting a star back in return for Gaborik.

iamitter is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 11:31 AM
  #923
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,870
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Yeah, there's no way we're getting a star back in return for Gaborik.
I know he has one yr left on his deal only and its over 7 million but Gaborik is a star

I think a combo of Gaborik, Boyle then fillers like Bickel/Gilroy can get quite a bit

San Jose seems like the team that would be willing to shake it up the most. I think West not East cause Gabby could EASILY come back to haunt the Rangers

Vitto79 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 11:36 AM
  #924
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Stars fans are balking but a Gaborik, Boyle package to Dallas for Eriksson, Morrow is what I would hope for most.
LOL. Yes, I think most fans hope that their team manages to brutally swindle another team. Let's say that the likelihood of such a deal is none. Not slim to none. None.

Eriksson isn't getting traded, and certainly not for Gaborik.

NYR Sting is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 11:39 AM
  #925
Ail
Occult Knowledge
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Stars fans are balking but a Gaborik, Boyle package to Dallas for Eriksson, Morrow is what I would hope for most.
Eriksson will not be traded. It was a mistake to trade Neal. They have Benn and Eriksson left. I can't see them trading either.

__________________
Ail is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.