HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Detroit/Calgary

Old
03-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Paper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
And it was mentioned that Hudler was not movable; I disagree. For Filppula or a similar player (top-six, two-way center with faceoff skills), I think Hudler (if specifically requested) could be available. He's an excellent player, but Calgary needs help at center.
Hudler's far from untouchable but Filppula doesn't really solve much, and as he's a soon-to-be UFA I don't see much of a point from Calgary's perspective.

Yes they need center help, but it's most needed on the top line. Backlund and Stajan have been doing fine with centering the second and third lines. Center depth doesn't hurt, obviously, but Filppula isn't that top line center they're seeking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Datsyuk's line has been dead since the minute Justin Abdelkader was placed on it.
That's the thing. Filppula plays on Datsyuk's line or Zetterberg's line but I've never been impressed (in obviously a far limited viewing of him then Wings fan) when he was the anchor to his line. I've never seen him as the guy who stirs the drink, maybe Wings fan see it differently.

Hudler, this year, has been the go-to guy on his line for the vast majority of the time. He's playing with players like Cervenka, Comeau, Baertschi and Horak who have all been healthy scratches or sent down and he still produced. He's gotten time with Iginla when they shuffle lines or double shift him, and that's about the only time he's not the "threat" on the line. Even when Tanguay or Cammalleri have been on his line it's because they were struggling and Hartley was trying to get something from them by placing them with Hudler.

Now the argument could be made that Hudler's going against weaker players as he's not on the top line and that's helping him. But at the very least it's shown he's capable of anchoring a line and be on pace for over 60 points.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:25 AM
Brick Top
I love goooold!

eva... I'm almost disappointed that it took you this long to start this thread

I'm passing. We have too many finesse forwards on the roster or on the way up who are on the small side, and Hudler's skating just isn't there. But I always liked him and appreciated his playmaking, so there's that.

And I want no part of MacDonald coming back. He never seemed like he was in total control when he'd play for us- he'd be flailing around and somehow make a big stop, and I could imagine him saying to one of his defenseman "well, we really dodged a bullet there, eh guys?!" as the puck went the other way.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 12:30 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
The whole reason Calgary should be interested in Filppula is to put him back with Hudler.

It is over Eva he is gone and he isn't coming back during this deal. If they thought he was worth 4 million dollars they would have gave it to him.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:29 AM
The Nose
#BlameTheKids

The Wings could still have Hudler and Joey Mac without having to give up Flip. This is really really bad.

The Nose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:26 AM
Hush

lol at someone saying Hudler is better than Filppula. Serious, just close this thread. May it never see the light of day again.

Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 08:43 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

close this thread, its trash..

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote